PDA

View Full Version : detecting mind affect on oneself

With a box
2015-05-30, 08:08 PM
Can someone use Sense Enchantment usage of sense motive on oneself to check is there a enchantment that effect his mind?
And if one know he is effected by a enchantment, does he allowed to do somthing about it? (dispelling/break enchantment on oneself, for example)
I don't think that will fly at table(does it?), but anyway.
fluffwize, I'm thinking about Warforged's error detecting/correcting system.

Ettina
2015-05-30, 08:25 PM
It would depend on the enchantment, I think. I mean, it would be really easy to tell you're affected by Dominate Person, because you're fully aware but can't control your actions. Charm Person or Suggestion would be harder, because they actually affect your thoughts and emotions as opposed to just your actions.

I'd say while you're under the effect of a mind-affecting spell that affects thoughts or emotions, you won't realize it's because of a spell. Or if you do, it wouldn't stop the spell from working as normal - ie, you know you only like 'evil wizard guy' because he cast Charm Person, but you still like him and want to help him out anyway.

Afterwards the spell has worn out, I'd allow Sense Motive to realize what just happened.