PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder New Specific Magic Armor: Plot Armor! [Fun]

Mousedigits
2015-05-30, 11:58 PM
Protagonists. Every campaign has them. Sometimes, though, there's just that one guy that can never die. That's because, well, he/she is wearing this armor.

Plot Armor

Aura: Strong Conjuration & Abjuration, Minor Illusion. CL: 23rd. Weight: See desc. Price: None (see special)

This armor acts as +7 Heavy Fortification Full Plate, which conveys the following abilities to the wearer: DR 15/-, Fast Healing 20, and Immunity to Nonlethal Damage. It changes shape to look like whatever the character would normally wear, and uses that item's weight. It has no Arcane Spell Failure Chance, no Max Dex Bonus, no Armor Check Penalty, and has no movement restrictions. Also, he/she can use the armor's unique ability, Unbreakable Resolve, as a swift action twice/day.

Unbreakable Resolve: A protagonist needs to be able to overcome overwhelming odds or else he is at risk of dying, thus ending the story. Twice per day, a character wearing Plot Armor can activate this ability. He/she can choose from the following effects:
- All per-day or per-week expendable resources (such as spell slots, special class abilities, ki points, etc) are replenished to their fullest extent. This does not include the Unbreakable Resolve ability.
- +5 Caster Level and +7 spell DCs for the rest of the combat.
- +10 to all attacks rolls and damage rolls during the current combat, in addition to an extra attack at your highest BAB that stacks with haste and similar effects.
- Get fully healed, raising your health to full and removing all negative levels, ability drain/ damage, and all other negative effects on the character.
- Get a +6 to all ability scores for the rest of the combat.
- +15 to all saving throws for the rest of the combat.

However, there are restrictions to the use of this power. Firstly, this power can ONLY be used in a situation that is sufficiently dramatic. For example, a team member dies, or your most hated enemy has appeared and is giving their monologue. Second, no ability can be used twice in the same day.

Special: To use this armor, you must be deemed a worthy protagonist by the armor. You must consistently invoke a long monologue about friendship, honor, the common good, or the like whenever an important villain appears. You must also work towards the main mission of the story. Side quests are allowed. Failure to meet these standards will result in the armor disappearing, and finding a better protagonist. This also reverts half of your levels with commoner levels. A character that has been deemed a worthy protagonist pays nothing for this armor.
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
Obviously, this isn't balanced, but it's not supposed to be. Post if you think I've missed something.

Seerow
2015-05-31, 12:59 AM
1) I got a laugh out of this. Considered giving it to a certain player just to see how long he would try to keep up the charade before getting turned into half a commoner.

2) Plot Armor specifically removes all penalties of wearing heavy armor... except the movement speed/encumbrance. Is that intended?

3) No Duration listed for +Caster Level or +Ability Scores. I would assume "for the rest of current combat" due to how the +attack/damage works, but it isn't actually stated anywhere.

4) +Caster Level should also give a big boost to save DCs, to make it more attractive overall to spell casters, and more comparable to the attack/damage boost.

5) Fully Healed should specify removing of all negative status conditions.

Mousedigits
2015-05-31, 01:27 AM
1) I got a laugh out of this. Considered giving it to a certain player just to see how long he would try to keep up the charade before getting turned into half a commoner.

2) Plot Armor specifically removes all penalties of wearing heavy armor... except the movement speed/encumbrance. Is that intended?

3) No Duration listed for +Caster Level or +Ability Scores. I would assume "for the rest of current combat" due to how the +attack/damage works, but it isn't actually stated anywhere.

4) +Caster Level should also give a big boost to save DCs, to make it more attractive overall to spell casters, and more comparable to the attack/damage boost.

5) Fully Healed should specify removing of all negative status conditions.

Yay, first post!

1) Glad to have given you a laugh!
2) Not intended.
3) Rest of combat is correct.
4) Makes sense to me.
5) Indeed.

See, this is what happens when you make a homebrew on a whim at midnight.