PDA

View Full Version : Practiced Combatant: A multiclassers lover

The Vagabond
2015-05-31, 11:42 AM
Practiced Combatant:
Prerequisite: Favored Class level 2
Upon selecting this feat, select one class feature, besides spellcasting. Treat your level as two higher for the purpose of level dependent effects up to your hit dice.

So, for example, if you were an Unchained Rouge, you could select sneak attack- If you were a rouge 2/Fighter 2, you would have the sneak attack of a fourth level Rouge. However, you would not obtain Danger Sense, third level Rouge's finesse, Debilitating injury, fourth level rogue talent, or uncanny dodge

Practiced Multiclasser:
Gain a second favored class.

Greater Practiced Combatant:
Prerequisite: Practiced Combatant, Practiced Multiclasser.
You may forgo a standard favored class bonus to advance the class feature improved by Practiced Combatant, or your first class feature, by 1/2 your level, up to your hit dice.

Versatile Combatant:
Prerequisite: Practiced Combat
Select another class feature from one of your favored classes. Treat yourself as one level higher for this class feature, up to your hit dice. You may add the benefit from Greater Practiced Combatant to this class feature.

Greater Multiclasser:
Prerequisite: Practiced Multiclasser
Gain two favored class bonuses each level. You cannot select the same favored class bonus twice.

Versatile Multiclasser:
Prerequisite: Practiced Multiclasser
You may select another races alternate favored class feature for one of your favored classes.

Greater Practiced Multiclasser:
Prerequisite: Greater Multiclasser, Greater Practiced Combatant.
When use use Greater Practiced Combatant's favored class bonus, instead of adding half your level for the effective class level for your favored class, add your full level.

Chassis Multiclasser.
Prerequisite: Greater Practiced Multiclasser, Versatile Multiclasser, Versatile Combatant, 4 levels in two separate classes.
As you level, pick two of your favored classes. As you level, you use the better save progression for each save, the higher skills per level, and the higher hit dice.

Greater Multiclasser:
Prerequisite: Greater Practiced Multiclasser, Versatile Multiclasser, Versatile Combatant, 4 levels in two separate classes.
Add +2 to your effective class level for the class features you obtain. You are treated as two levels lower for the purpose of your effective class level.

Basically, you trade away most of your feats to gain access to the ability to basically gestalt your classes. I'm not sure if this is overpowered, but it's here, and I'd like for folks to give it a mechanical shakedown.

Takewo
2015-05-31, 04:06 PM
Just a small question: on that Practised Combatant, why do you need to select a second class feature?

Also, does it treat the class feature as two levels higher under whichever circumstances? Does that mean that if a select Sneak Attack and I'm just a Rogue 3, I treat it as if I were Rogue 5?

The Vagabond
2015-05-31, 07:56 PM
Just a small question: on that Practised Combatant, why do you need to select a second class feature?

Also, does it treat the class feature as two levels higher under whichever circumstances? Does that mean that if a select Sneak Attack and I'm just a Rogue 3, I treat it as if I were Rogue 5?
Well crap- That's what I get for rushing these things. The secondary class feature is from another feat- AKA, a mistake on my part. Fixed, now.

Xerlith
2015-06-02, 02:12 PM
Practiced Combatant is far too weak. Magical Knack does the exact same thing, but as a trait and for spellcasting.

EDIT: Also, all the 3.5 Multiclass feats (Devoted Performer, Ascetic Knight etc). These should be a decent yardstick.