PDA

View Full Version : Shadow familiar/Class help

Shnigda
2015-05-31, 12:27 PM
Hey guys,
So, someone told me about a class that has access to cleric spells, can cast swarm of spiders and can have a Shadow as a familiar/companion.
Can anyone point me to a class that can do this?

Edit: (They can also wield a greatsword as their main weapon. They put the +1 enchant that drains a level on it, though I can't remember what it's called. I think the enchant is in the MIC? If anyone can tell me if there is an erratum for the enchant that would be appreciated as it seems a little over-powered for just a +1 cost)

Urpriest
2015-05-31, 01:04 PM
Hey guys,
So, someone told me about a class that has access to cleric spells, can cast swarm of spiders and can have a Shadow as a familiar/companion.
Can anyone point me to a class that can do this?

Edit: (They can also wield a greatsword as their main weapon. They put the +1 enchant that drains a level on it, though I can't remember what it's called. I think the enchant is in the MIC? If anyone can tell me if there is an erratum for the enchant that would be appreciated as it seems a little over-powered for just a +1 cost)

All of those sound like traits of a build, not of a particular class. In particular, while 3.5 has weapon proficiencies, it doesn't have weapon restrictions, any class can in principle use a greatsword with any particular set of magical properties.

Shnigda
2015-05-31, 01:13 PM
The class seems to have greatsword as a proficiency already, and the enchant was just a side question, not something I was asking about that was inherent to the class...
All I want to really now is if there is an erratum to that enchant and if there is a class that can have a shadow as a familiar/companion and has access to cleric spells as well as swarm of spiders.

DrMotives
2015-05-31, 01:25 PM
If that's a single class, it's probably homebrew. A greatsword is a martial weapon, and while a cleric with war domain or favored soul with greatsword as a deity's favored weapon would be proficient, neither of those have a shadow companion. A dread necromancer has some cleric spells on their list, and can pick 1 martial weapon to be proficient in at 1st level, and at least could with command undead have a shadow for a minion, it's nothing as special as a class feature companion.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-05-31, 01:34 PM
Actually it sounds like a Dread Necromancer to me, they get a single martial weapon proficiency they can choose, they get some Cleric spells in their list (not sure of natively, but advanced learning definitely allows them too) and I guess the spectral visage could be confused with a shadow.

Edit: And that's why you shouldn't let a post written for 10+ minutes, because that is just swordsage bait.