PDA

View Full Version : Darker then black IC

drack
2015-05-31, 02:00 PM
The world had just turned over on its head with the opening of heavens gate and hells gate all over the news, but something else was happening too, something else that the news hadn't caught wind of yet. That, was you. Somehow overnight as the gates opened you developed powers, powers beyond comprehension. Naturally you did the only logical thing that you could do and started googling... and googling... and googling. After half a night and not a single answer one of you decided to post one of those dorky "superhero meeting" groups in the area and with no better options you figured it was your best lead. I mean it was that or crackpot theories of secret government projects, drugged out hippies talking about the powers within, or news updates on superhero themed TV shows. Perhaps you regret choosing the cos-players, or perhaps you don't, but in either case after having stayed up most of last night trying to make sense of it you find yourselves faced with no better option, and that cold calculating logic that's settled in your mind agrees.

It was agreed that you'd meet at bunker 13 and stay after closing which is perhaps only ten minuets away. A drunk old guy with a badge leans on the bar waving for another glass, a man and a woman are talking quietly at a table over their food, and a rather depressed looking young woman with her head in her arms is slumped over the bar, possibly sleeping.

Bladehunter217
2015-05-31, 02:18 PM
This is going to be a burnout, no matter how curious I might be, this is not a solution of any sort. Not certain if he should stay or simply play the part of a solemn drinker slipping away at close, Cear turns his head, letting the soft popping sounds breaks the silence. He murmurs an apology softly and leans back in his chair in one of the corner tables.

meltodowno
2015-05-31, 03:03 PM
Rai rose from behind the bar, glass in one hand, cloth in another, methodically polishing away the last marks the drying residue from the glass washer. She put the cup with the rows of the others and bent to reach the next one, continuing the action with practiced efficiency.

As the man started waving his glass for another drink, she responded, voice level and monotone.

"Yes sir. One moment sir."

She placed the second glass down with the others, and went across to the patron.

"What beverage would you like sir." the sentence would have been a question, but the words came out more akin to a statement.

drack
2015-05-31, 03:15 PM
"Another beer." The man answers, the words sounded flat like he'd had a rough day, but he was a regular, and if history at the bar was anything to go by he'd always had rough days.

meltodowno
2015-05-31, 03:34 PM
"Yes sir."

Sai poured the man his beer and took his money off him before handing it to him.

"Thank you for your custom."

With that, she went back to cleaning the bar in preparation for closing time, occasionally glancing over towards the door as if expecting something.

Savaxis
2015-05-31, 04:47 PM
As the clock gradual counted down to the appointed time, the red headed boy near the back of the bar give a visible sigh as he picking at his food, all the while giving off a overall presence of despair.
For the last half hour or so he’d been doing his best to give the appearance of someone who had just been stood up. After all he’d seen the same scene enough times to know that there was a very small amount of people who would disturb him, well till after closing time at least and by then he’d see if this trip was a waste of time or not.

drack
2015-05-31, 04:58 PM
5 minuets left until closing time.
Two kids run into the bar in bright costumes. "I'm Goku! one declares loudly as he starts running through the bar. "Well I'm Kenshin." the other declares, chasing the first. After a moments pause the door opens again to admit a bummed looking teen girl. "Lain." She replies dully as if to an unasked question. Moving towards the bar she adds "Umeshu."

Grim ranger
2015-05-31, 05:23 PM
Out of all the leads Daisuke had pursued to find others like himself, this was definitely one of the more desperate... Or would have been, had he still been able to be gripped by such a thing when calm logic dictated grand majority of his actions. No, it was merely one of the more statistically remote possibilities, but not altogether impossible: it could be that the others such as himself hid their presence with gatherings called together via such ridiculous pretense. Superheroes, hah. These powers were meant for something else altogether, and he planned to eventually find out just what that reason was.

But for now, he had to start from somewhere, and this sorry gathering would have to do.

Entering the bar, he walked towards the bar as well, ignoring the kids as he goes on to take a seat, silently observing the other people present, his eyes constantly half-lidded in expression of bored apathy.

meltodowno
2015-05-31, 05:23 PM
Rai blinked blankly at the event, unsure as to whether to intercede do to conflicting programming. Checking her watch she saw the time, and she rung the metal bell hanging from beside the bar. She had rung it 10 minutes earlier representing last orders at the bar.

"5 minutes till close." unlike the other bar staff at the Bunker, she neglected to shout it.

She walked out from the bar to meet the woman.

"I am afraid we have stopped serving beverages. Might I inquire to the purpose of your visit to this establishment."

drack
2015-05-31, 05:33 PM
"I'm supposed to be watching the kids for some cosplay thing here, that sound about right?" The girl shrugs uncaring. "So no drinks for the event? Why have it at a bar then?"

meltodowno
2015-05-31, 05:56 PM
"You are here for a private event. It is been held after closing. Further non-alcoholic beverages will be available once the event starts. Please make yourself comfortable until your event begins."

She looked around.

"Several other attendee's are already present. I hope you enjoy your visit to Bunker 13. Coloring books are available for the children on request."

She turned and started tidying up the bar itself, moving some tables in preparation for the meeting, as the regulars began to filter out. Most had learnt by now that Rai worked to the rules of the Bunker somewhat rigidly.

drack
2015-05-31, 06:02 PM
The policemen stumbles out, however the woman remains asleep at the bar. The couple continue to talk in hushed tones at the bar, but the man is beginning to act somewhat erratic. The teen shrugs and finds a chair, flipping through her phone as the children run through the bar having their fun.

At last the appointed time arrives.

meltodowno
2015-05-31, 06:18 PM
Sai finished setting the tables up for the meeting, and then went back behind the bar. She poured herself a small glass of water and took a sip of it as she stood, silently observing the proceedings from afar.

Elbeyon
2015-05-31, 07:45 PM
Current looks (except in a drawn hoodie) (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8a/99/07/8a9907eb76afba5c4606ad1b2abdf3dc.jpg)

Of course, she would end up next to the couple. The hoodie that was supposedly going to keep her face concealed was drawn and was doing its job assuming no one sat in front of her. Sai had already served her and taken away her drink. Now her hand was filled by her phone.

She slowly browses through some photos she has till a man's photo slides on screen. Cheating bastard.

As the man becomes more... excited her ears perk and start to listen in on the couple behind her. Her attention waning on the phone.

drack
2015-05-31, 08:06 PM
Cho Mai

"Oh not again, what have I done?"
"You didn't do anything dear, she could be sleeping, or drunk, this is a bar..."
"No, you don't understand, I... She..."
"No, even if she is... it's not your fault dear, these things happen, it could happen to anybody, we can't even prove that it's you, how will they?"
"...but I can't controll it, what if one day I...?"
"You won't, I know you won't, because I love you. Plus, didn't we come here so you could get help? Maybe you can control it."
"Help from who, Goku over there? Come on, it's hopeless, you should just leave me now before..."
"I won't leave you."
That last was firm and resolute. The silence hung in the air so tense that it was almost tangible before at last he sighed.
"No, your right, maybe she's just sleeping..."

Bladehunter217
2015-05-31, 08:37 PM
Cear glances around at the other members of this 'meeting', less than he had expected but he was grateful that this place wasn't packed. He stands, knees tensing under the pressure and walks to the bar. He stands directly in front of the barkeep, ignoring her and instead keeping an eye on the other patrons. Might I have a glass of water.

Elbeyon
2015-05-31, 09:01 PM
Cho Mai

Oh crap. Mai looked over her shoulder towards the couple, inspecting them, then immediately leaves her chair after she gets a good look. Doing a 180, probably more hastily than she wanted, she approaches the couples table and stands there like she is a waiter. She looks to the man calmly, quietly saying something.

"We're not all kids playing."
She gives him a moment to register what is happening before inviting herself to their table like a trusted friend might. Speaking at their original level.

"Listen. I'm going to help. I don't care about your name. I don't care who you are. We never have to see each other again after this." She waves her hand away, near her chest, to clarify. "I'm a doctor. I can help. I need to know what you think might be happening to that lady. I don't want trouble nor am I looking to cause it. I just want to help her if she is having a problem."

drack
2015-06-01, 05:32 AM
Cho Mai

"Why... um... what do you mean, she's clearly sleeping."
"...and if she wasn't there's nothing a doctor could do for it..."
"...but she isn't dear, she's asleep."
"Yeah. Asleep..."
The man starts to relax a little.

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 06:41 AM
Sai nodded to Cear's request for water and poured a glass.

"Would you like ice and a slice sir."

She responded as appropriate to his indication, before continuing.

"I hope you have an enjoyable time here at the Bunker. If you require anything else, please ask." her voice was again even and lacking in real emotion.

Grim ranger
2015-06-01, 06:55 AM
"So... Might we get to the point?" Daisuke asked calmly, looking at the others and leaning his palm against his cheek in slightly bored manner. "I do believe expediting this meeting would be for the best. Of course, that is if I am not merely wasting my time here."

Bladehunter217
2015-06-01, 08:37 AM
A slice would be nice thank you. He overs softly before turning to Daisuke, raising an eyebrow. Feel free to take over kid.

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 12:32 PM
Her attention was always on the man till now. She questions the very persuasive women.

But, she speaks to the man again, "Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you two. I've been so rude. I misunderstood what was happening and acted without thinking. Apologizes. I must have drunk too much. And, now I only want to drink more."

She begins to stand. "I'll buy both of you drinks at the bar during this event."
Mai stands with a fake wobble and gives a formal apologetic bow. Pausing at Daisuke's attempt to gather everyone, she instead ignores him like he's a drunk. The seat by the sleeping women is filled out by her. "Sai. Whatever meeting that is going on has started now, right? I'd like my usual."

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 12:54 PM
Sai nodded as she reached for a glass.

"It would appear so miss. You are here for the same reason as them, are you not."

She opened a box of orange juice and poured it into the glass, following it with a drizzle of Grenadine. She pushed the resulting mocktail towards Mai.

"One sunrise as requested. Do you require the small parasol?"

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 01:14 PM
She smiles, "Always."

"I suppose so. Whatever that reason may be."

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 01:50 PM
Sai reached to one side and pulled out a small parasol, opened it up and dropped it onto the side of the glass.

"People come to a bar for companionship and a friendly face." the words sounded more like a recital "I shall add the drink to your tab. Do you require anything else ?"

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 02:40 PM
A thanks is given for her parasol and the delayed payment.

A few slow, tempered gulps are downed before the glass is set on the bar. A faint smile greet her words, "No, I don't need anything besides a couple friendly faces right now." She starts to pivot in her chair to face Daisuke and Cear. Her glass hits her elbow and wallops the bar, spilling its contents all over the person next to her. She quickly stands up, looking at the victim of her drink unsure of what is going to happen next.

drack
2015-06-01, 03:07 PM
Another regular, Suzaki was her name. She worked at the headquarters of some cooperation or another and liked to unwind with a few drinks after work, and then have a few more to try to relax. While she didn't usually fall asleep at the bar, it was understandable, she worked long hours and with a couple good drinks that could make anyone tired. She remains unflinching as the sunrise spills, dribbling down her suit-skirt, seemingly still lost in sleep.

Savaxis
2015-06-01, 03:44 PM
“You Know?” Jeremy said load enough to draw attention to himself, before bringing the last of his cake to his mouth, slowly chewing before continuing.
“For a bunch of rolepayers you really don’t seem the type” he said with a large smile and a slight tilt of his head as he addressed the surrounding group. “Aren’t you all supposed to be exciting? Full of life and Wonder. Yet here you all are, no fire, no passion, why it’s almost as if your emotions had been drained right out of you."he gave a small chuckle at that." But Ma'h what do i know, I’m here too after all" he continued waving his hand in a rather dismissive gesture.

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 04:06 PM
"I'm so sorry." Mai moves closer to the woman, brushing away at her clothes, trying to clean her off. She turns to look at Jeremy when he makes his presence known, but her attention is on Suzaki. "Are you OK? I will pay for your cleaning." She keeps apologizing profusely; a people person might be able to see through her false apologies. She grips her shoulder. "Miss?" And, she starts to force the women away from her arm entrenches.

drack
2015-06-01, 04:17 PM
“You Know?” Jeremy said load enough to draw attention to himself, before bringing the last of his cake to his mouth, slowly chewing before continuing.
“For a bunch of rolepayers you really don’t seem the type” he said with a large smile and a slight tilt of his head as he addressed the surrounding group. “Aren’t you all supposed to be exciting? Full of life and Wonder. Yet here you all are, no fire, no passion, why it’s almost as if your emotions had been drained right out of you."he gave a small chuckle at that." But Ma'h what do i know, I’m here too after all" he continued waving his hand in a rather dismissive gesture.
One of the kids runs up to you and stops. "I'm Kenshin." He declares excitedly, and raising a sword shaped cardboard cutout he hacks at you shouting "RAAAAAAAAAAA"

"I'm so sorry." Mai moves closer to the woman, brushing away at her clothes, trying to clean her off. She turns to look at Jeremy when he makes his presence known, but her attention is on Suzaki. "Are you OK? I will pay for your cleaning." She keeps apologizing profusely; a people person might be able to see through her false apologies. She grips her shoulder. "Miss?" And, she starts to force the women away from her arm entrenches.

The office-woman remains unresponsive, and as you pull back on her shoulder her torso raises without restraint, clearly limp. Her head, unsupported, hangs forward.

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 04:24 PM
Sai grabbed her cloth and started mopping up the spilled drink.

"Suzaki. You should wake up. This is not the place for sleep."

She looked over to Jeremy at his outburst, before turning her attention back to Mai and Suzaki.

"Your meeting has begun. I shall bring another drink when it is prepared."

Sai started mopping up the worst of the spill on Suzaki.

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 06:02 PM
Mai enters emergency mode: Checking her pulse, vitals, & body temperature.

drack
2015-06-01, 06:08 PM
The girl has no pulse and her body feels cold. As you examine her, her head lolls back revealing a hole, or rather it seems that her face and the insides of her head are missing leaving it a hollow shell. There doesn't seem to be any bleeding, or rather there doesn't seem to be any blood, but the girl is thoroughly dead. The teen on her phone seems not to have notices, nor have the kids, but the couple at the table begin casting anxious glances about the room.

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 06:15 PM
Dammit.

Quietly, but sharply, "Sai!" She draws her attention to the hole in corpse. "Get the teen and kids out of here. Don't inform them of what's happened."

Grim ranger
2015-06-01, 06:27 PM
Having been listening to the general chatter and considering departure, Daisuke grew immediately more alert as Mai went on to try and wake a person that was clearly past the point of simple unconsciousness. Although he was not sure of allegiances or nature of anyone present quite yet, he was intrigued by this new turn of events at the very least: it seemed that he had a reason to be wary after all.

His hand slowly slipping into pocket of his coat to grasp the folded-up baton, he looked at Mai and then slowly at the couple who are getting clearly somewhat agitated. Well what do you know.

"...Well, I suppose exchange of names might be good if we plan to discuss about anything at all" he said as he slowly got up from his seat, pondering on who to strike first for maximum effect. Nobody looked TRULU suspicious yet, but... who knew? He was not going to be caught off-guard here.

drack
2015-06-01, 06:29 PM
Goku runs up to you, cheerily greeting you "kamehameha!", his palms out thrust.

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 06:33 PM
Sai looked at the injury impassively before acknowledging Mai. She looked over at the teen and then back to Mai.

"How would you recommend I accomplish that task Miss."

Sai wasn't used to having to act outside of her conditioning, and the order given lacked proper context. She glared at Mai as she awaited further instruction.

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 06:40 PM
Looking back into her eyes, Mai had a questioning look about her. As if she herself was supposed to know that. "You run the bar. Just tell them to leave.

If they get unruly tell them something outrageous. Tell them: a sex offender has shown up at the meeting and has made perverse statements about the children she's watching."

The idea almost made her skin crawl, but it made sense to her in the moment. It should work she thought.

Bladehunter217
2015-06-01, 06:49 PM
Cear glances at the woman who spilled her drink, must have had one too many drinks. Then this other man seems to want attention, how frustrating this evening is. Everyone seems to have their own objectives and figuring them out might prove interesting or it could prove a waste of time. Perhaps we are all a bunch of introverts wondering if we can step out of the shadows.

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 06:53 PM
Sai seemed oblivious to the minor slight, and turned around to approach the teen.

"Hello. I have to ask you and your children to leave immediately."

As soon as the girl protests she adds.

"A sex offender is talking about your children. I have informed security personnel to deal with the matter. Complimentary drinks will be available for compliance. We apologize for any inconvenience."

The latter statements were mostly just reeling off the terms she had been taught to deal with most barstaff issues to disarm unruly patrons, but they were the best she had.

drack
2015-06-01, 06:59 PM
"...but..." The girl begins to protest. At the mention of sex offender her brow furrows, and at the mention of free drinks she nods her assent.

"OK, Gengy, Ken, time to go to the bar, the nice lady has offered you free drinks and you need to stay where I can see you. No running off or playing until security arrives."

Bladehunter217
2015-06-01, 07:01 PM
Cear turns at look at the barkeep, the hell was going on here? The hell is going on here?

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 07:02 PM
Sai returned to Mai and the corpse.

"Can I be of any further assistance? Shall I contact emergency service personnel?"

Sai turned to acknowledge Cears' question, head tilting slightly.

"You are having a meeting, whilst I am tending patrons."

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 07:06 PM
She looks over at the teen. "She's not leaving."

Mai makes sure Suzaki's head isn't visible and she motions over Cear.

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 07:10 PM
Sai gathered some complimentary bottles (giving them the chance to change flavors/brands if the choose) and returned with them to the Teen.

"Enjoy the rest of your day and we apologize for any inconvenience."

drack
2015-06-01, 07:12 PM
The teen accepts the bottles slipping all but one into her bag before asking "Do you have something non-alcoholic for the kids?"

meltodowno
2015-06-01, 07:15 PM
Sai passed the teen a pair of juice bottles.

"Enjoy the rest of your day and we apologize for any inconvenience."

drack
2015-06-01, 07:21 PM
She in turn passes them to the kids who kick their legs happily at the bar enjoying their juice.

Grim ranger
2015-06-02, 09:25 AM
Glancing at Mai, Daisuke moved closer with slightly narrowed eyes, speaking lowly to her. "It seems I might not be wasting my time here after all. I doubt our friend there is just taking a nap, so we need to talk."

Elbeyon
2015-06-02, 09:31 AM
Approaching Cear in a hushed tone, "No more fishing. Everyone here except for kids have shown their true intentions. Start gathering everyone and start a conversation. Ignore the women at the bar. She's dead. I need to go get get the kids to leave. Don't confront anyone about the corpse." She'll wave off any response then walk over to the kids.

Mai moves over to Sai, Daisuke, and the teen and says to her, "You need to leave. Now." She looks to Sai for support. "We're having trouble getting them to leave the premise legally for reasons that don't concern you. The bartender is too nice for her own good and should have saw you off already." Standing next to Daisuke, she glances over at him periodically as he talks.

"We do need to talk." She points to Cear. "He has your answers."

Bladehunter217
2015-06-02, 10:42 AM
Huh, well that's surprising. Thanks for volunteering me. Alright, damn it all alright. Cear backs into the middle of the room and sighs, annoyed at himself for getting caught up in this mess. Time to start this meeting, first things first, I'm cear, this while thing was not my idea but the one behind it decided that I should get it started. He glances at the kids before turning back to the rest. Might as well start with some names and whatnot, I'll get to the point after that.

meltodowno
2015-06-02, 02:38 PM
Sai watched the interaction between Mai and the teenager impassively.

"The agreement was for you to leave immediately with the complementary drinks." she affirmed, in her own way supporting Mai.

"We apologize for any inconvenience."

drack
2015-06-03, 05:31 AM
"No." The girl replies casually as she pulls out her cell phone again. "We're cooperating so we get to enjoy our drinks."

As she speaks goku suddenly exclaims "Wooaah, look at that!" pointing at the corpse. Wildly ken's head turns "Awesome." he adds excitedly, tapping it with his cardboard cutout sword. I the rack behind the bar a bottle breaks, imploding into a nice pile of about half the bottle shards that there should have been, and none of the cheep booze that was in the bottle a moment ago.

"Drink your juice." The girl reminds them without even glancing at the object of their attention.

meltodowno
2015-06-03, 06:50 AM
Sai blinked.

"Doing the opposite of what was requested is not co-operating." she turned to Mai "You have permission to safely remove her from this private function, for which she is not on the approved guest list."

She turned back to the teen.

"We apologize for any inconvenience."

Savaxis
2015-06-03, 10:30 AM
“Jeremy” he said with a lazy wave of his hand, paying more attention to the scene going on behind Cear then the man himself .
“Mai seems to be a bit busy over there” he spoke with a smirk before pulling out a lollypop from his jacket and popping it into his mouth....just as the bottles behind the bar explode, yet if anything this caused his smirk to get wider “Well...isn’t this interesting”

Bladehunter217
2015-06-03, 11:08 AM
Aye and while it is a bit of an interesting commotion, that will come in due time. Once the children are getting out of here I'll explain it to you. Cear glares at this man, gawk a little more why doesn't he.

Savaxis
2015-06-03, 11:49 AM
Seeing the glare directed at him, Jeremy's just tilted his head to the side, closed his eyes and smirked a little wider.

drack
2015-06-03, 03:59 PM
"There's a sex offender and you're just going to throw kids out on the street for her? ... or him?" she adds tentatively. "No, I'm cooperating, I'm putting them in the safest place, under your watchful eye, or do you think they'd be safer in dark allyways? Are perhaps you the sex offender?" At this last bit she glances up to see your reaction before returning her gaze to her phone dismissively. At this point she takes a drink from the bottle and looks like she wants to spit it out, but swallows it anyways, setting the bottle back down in front of her.

meltodowno
2015-06-03, 04:19 PM
Sai nodded.

"I understand."

She then grabbed the bottle, throwing it in among the empties.

Bladehunter217
2015-06-03, 09:13 PM
Jeremy, it's a pleasure. Cear turns from Jeremy and to Daisuke offering a hand. You are?

Grim ranger
2015-06-04, 11:00 AM
Sighing somewhat to himself as the woman and the kids under her care still didn't just leave, Daisuke shook hands with Cear. "Daisuke. I can't say how much of a pleasure it is yet, considering I have no idea who you are, but I suspect I will be finding out."

Elbeyon
2015-06-04, 08:44 PM
The situation is starting to get frustrating. Increasing the volume, Mai gives her a stern motherly look as she vitriolic commands, "Kid, our business is our own. You need to get out of here, right now. I don't care what you think is safer. Everyone is invited here, but you aren't and your leaving. Take that time to reach safety. Stay and we'll card you, get you some marks with your guardians and police record then kick your ass to the curb. I'm done talking. Leave."

If she doesn't comply Mai reaches to grab her phone arm to start to physically intimidate her. If she's not leaving by then she'll continue onward with trying to physically eject her from the bar. She'll call for help from the others if that's what needs to happen.

drack
2015-06-05, 05:58 PM
Lowering her phone the girl lets her eyes roll over the room, taking in the fact that nobody really wants her there and the hostility of the few that want her gone. "Drop dead all of you." she drawls grabbing her juice as she stands up. As she begins to make her way to the door she calls "Ken, Gengi, lets go."
Eagerly "kenshin" runs up behind her "Hay, sis, that girl had a hole in her head!"
"Goku" moves a bit more slowly. "Sis, can we go home? I'm hungry."
Pushing open the door the girl replies "No. We're going for a walk instead."
The door closes behind them leaving the bar once more a child-free zone.
On the self behind the bar another bottle breaks in the same manor as the last causing the man at the table with the girl to jump.

Elbeyon
2015-06-05, 11:39 PM
She shakes her head to release the stress that built up from the situation. Given a moment to refocus herself she turns and bows to Sai. "I'm sorry! I overstepped my position and duties. It looked like you were unequipped for the task so I helped, and maybe I shouldn't have gone so far." She straightens back up and smiles. "I'll start being you're loyal customer again."

"I'll pay for all the damages that occur tonight. And, I'll cover all the drinks. Put everything on my tab." Facing Sai, but announcing to everyone, "Let's officially get started. Let's relax, have some drinks, and have a good time while we tell each other about what wild things have started happening around us."

Bladehunter217
2015-06-06, 12:12 AM
Are we ready to discuss why this woman is the way she is? Cear asks, gesturing at the dead woman?

Elbeyon
2015-06-06, 12:30 AM
She careful listened to Sai's response.

Mai let's out a pained sigh then turns to Cear. "No. But, now I suppose our choices are more limited.

Hello, everyone. My name is Mai for those of you that don't know me. I'm a doctor. I'd prefer if you didn't call me by my real name; however, Rose would be much much more preferable. We're all very inexperience with this whole... powers thing. An implosive accident happened, and as regrettable as that is how about we try not to let that bog us down.

Does anyone have an ability that relates to making non-living things disappear or vaporize. Just not exist anymore, really."

She grabs her glass, and motions for a re-fill and that everyone be served.

Bladehunter217
2015-06-06, 02:10 AM
Cear reaches into the shadows under a barstool and pulls out a shadowy staff, spinning it a few times. I create non living things, they tend to dissappear after a while. He lets go of it and it fades in the light of the bar before reaching the floor. No, I had nothing to do with her.

meltodowno
2015-06-06, 04:09 AM
Sai nodded and went behind the bar, pouring a pitcher of Juice then bringing it to the table.

"I do not have the ability to vaporize objects."

She went back to the bar and continued tidying up around the corpse. She couldn't remember any specifics about what to do if she discovered a corpse with it's face imploded on the bar, so she did the best she could at tidying the surrounding area.

drack
2015-06-06, 06:49 AM
The couple come up to the bar. "I... um..." The man begins. "I... um... I have a problem." The woman beside him clasps his hand, looking up at him with eyes that say that she believes in him. "I... uh... it's not vaporization, it's more like... um... miniature black holes. You see they only open for an instant but... well... Yesterday I was just minding my own buisness polishing my car when I felt a... sort of like a twinge in the back of my neck and... Well a boy across the street lost his arm. He... um... died from blood loss and there wasn't any around the body and..." The man looks like he's going to fall apart, but he holds it together teetering though he may be. "... and I've felt it other times, when trash cans rattle or... um... the bottles... but I felt it with..." he looks at the woman slumped at the bar. "Oh please tell me she's not...."

Grim ranger
2015-06-06, 08:21 AM
"Dead? Yes, yes she is" Daisuke said in detached manner. "And I have a way to make her disappear at least... but then you would have to explain away good block of solid metal" he said red glow emanating from his eyes and the blue aura of Contract lighting up for a second as he exhaled, molten metal flowing out of his mouth like gas and forming into long rod that he proceeded to grab and poke the slumped woman's shoulder with.

Savaxis
2015-06-06, 03:00 PM
Jeremy just leaned back in his chair at this "I could get a block of metal out of here, but we would need somewhere to put it, the real problem however is figuring out how to stop anymore black holes from forming"

drack
2015-06-06, 03:35 PM
The man shakes his head in weary exasperation. "I've tried everything! Holding my breath, drinking water upside down, taking cold medicine! Everything!"

"Now now." The woman replies stroking his arm. "We'll find a solution, don't worry, just relax dear."

The man calms marginally.

meltodowno
2015-06-06, 03:53 PM
Sai looked impassively over towards the couple, uncertain as to why they were lying, but returned her attention to her tidying.

Bladehunter217
2015-06-06, 04:15 PM
Miniature black holes could be quite useful. Controlling them is likely the same as controlling anything else, you just have to learn more about how you create them.

Elbeyon
2015-06-06, 04:20 PM
She questions Jeremy, "Could you get this metal block out of here without being noticed?"

"Right, my power is healing." She holds up a finger though there is barely a line to show on it. "I cut my finger earlier today to test myself. Cosmetically it is not the same yet, but it was entirely function the moment I used my ability."

Rose looks to the women, "Do you have any powers?"

drack
2015-06-06, 04:37 PM
"Me? Um, no, why do you ask? We're here for him you see..." She takes a breath. "You see, he's afraid he'll kill me soon..."

meltodowno
2015-06-06, 04:49 PM
Sai raised her head impassively again. Another lie. This time Sai came over and stood beside Rose silently.

"Miss Rose. They are lying." she eventual said, voice neutral and barely a whisper. If she lacked tone before, this time she came across as stone cold.

Savaxis
2015-06-06, 06:30 PM
Jeremy gives a sigh and looks at the girl ignoring the husband "well we need to figure out the cause of it, what triggers it now don't we, a phrase, a action?, a thought?, what where you thinking when you looked at her and then again when the bottles exploded?"

drack
2015-06-06, 06:37 PM
"I... Um... didn't look at her. I just sort of saw it in my mind, her sitting at the bar. I was just taking a sip of my drink and there it was. When she slumped over I put two and two together..."

Elbeyon
2015-06-06, 09:54 PM
Rose nods to Sai.

"Interesting.

Here.

I can imagine that you've been desperately trying to not use your powers. Let's try something new. Let's try to use your powers to better understand them. Look over the bar, look at the bottles, close your eyes and try to imagine one of the drinks you saw, and then try to destroy it in your mind."

Bladehunter217
2015-06-06, 10:00 PM
Hold up for a second, instead of breaking more bottles, let's try something similar. Destroy this. He reaches back into his coat, pulling a ball on the end of a stick, holding it a few feet from himself in the middle of the room. Not sure if you lot are the same but whenever I do this I find myself compelled to tell a secret. I absolutely loathe dogs. Rather the beasts didn't exist. He watches the woman closely, ignoring the man.

Elbeyon
2015-06-06, 10:12 PM
Rose stands still near Sai.

"No, I don't feel compelled to tell secrets. I have other more unsavory desires."

drack
2015-06-07, 03:07 PM
The man focuses, scrunching up his eyes as hard as he can, channeling all of his mental energies towards that one simple task... or simple if you think spontaneously generating and diffusing globally destructive events is simple. After a long moment it becomes apparent that nothing is happening. His eyes still shut tight the man asks "anything?"

Grim ranger
2015-06-07, 03:54 PM
"No" Daisuke says calmly, his voice an emotionless monotone. "To be honest, I don't see how you could do what you do... you don't have the temperament. The...logic. The refreshing calm that shoves the panicky animal aside and lets you think"

While talking, he gets to fulfilling the niggling need of his Obeisance at the back of his head, lowering himself to the floor and beginning to slowly make push-ups with one hand, huffing somewhat and still somehow keeping his calm, emotionless tone. "I am...huff... Sure that some of you know what I speak of."

drack
2015-06-07, 04:13 PM
"If you say so." The man replies, unsure whether to believe it or not.

Elbeyon
2015-06-08, 09:56 PM
"Did you know the child? Either of you?" She looks towards the couple before downing her glass.

Motioning for another. "Make sure everyone has another glass."

drack
2015-06-09, 05:53 AM
"Which of the children?" The woman asks.

meltodowno
2015-06-09, 08:30 AM
Sai topped up the pitcher on the table, before resuming her position, a vacant look about her as she continued to listen.

Elbeyon
2015-06-09, 09:32 AM
"The boy across the street that lost his arm. Did either of you know him or his family?"

drack
2015-06-14, 10:33 PM
The man shakes his head. "No, he was just a passer by."

meltodowno
2015-06-15, 01:56 AM
Sai went back to the bar, and started cleaning the body with the cloth and cleaning fluid, making sure to limit the amount of evidence that would be present on it.

Grim ranger
2015-06-15, 07:11 AM
"Not that I don't enjoy these lovely distractions, but I believe we have something important to discuss now that the peanut gallery has departed" Daisuke says, breathing out slowly as he gets himself to his feet after about fifty push-ups. "We all know that the...things we can do are things that will end up getting us attention. I for once would feel more certain of my chances of not ending up stuck in some government lab if I had a team to back me up...And I doubt anybody who is not like us would understand."

drack
2015-06-18, 07:48 PM
Looking about the room the man replies "Yes, I too would rather not be in a lab..."

Savaxis
2015-06-21, 05:20 PM
"Then we form a club a band ecetra, ecetra. Learn what we can do, how to synergies it with each other and make a pact so as to help each other should things go wrong"
he smiles at this "it really is the best logical course of action"

drack
2015-06-21, 05:27 PM
Visibly jumping at the thought the man quickly asks "Wait, if we're trying to evade the government, isn't it likely they'd think to look here once they know what's happening? I mean do we have anywhere to go?"

meltodowno
2015-06-28, 06:41 PM
"I am uncertain that I can play an instrument in a band." Sai mused "How does music stop you ending up in a laboratory ?"

she continued polishing out the area around the corpse, seemingly unphased by it's presence. She closed her eyes and touched the metal railing around the edge of the bar, sending out her soul to check the surrounding area to make sure that there are no police in the vicinity and scouting out the best route to get the corpse out unseen.

drack
2015-07-16, 01:04 AM
Something moves in the far corner of the bar, at the emergency exit, slipping out beneath the door.

Grim ranger
2015-07-17, 12:14 PM
Growing quiet again, Daisuke goes on to check the emergency exit, his eyes somewhat narrowed. "Alright, I think we should all move in that case? We have wasted enough time here".

drack
2015-07-17, 09:07 PM
Daisuke

Checking the emergency exit, you catch a glimpse of something small, globular, and spectral sinking back into a rather shiny nickle beside the door.

Bladehunter217
2015-07-17, 09:59 PM
I can create a stretcher that will help us carry her. Let's encase her in metal and roll her out, at least that'll make things simpler.

Grim ranger
2015-07-18, 04:42 AM
Returning from the back door, he nods and goes on to grab the corpse, laying it down on the floor. "I'd advice you stand back" Daisuke says tonelessly before taking a deep breath and breathing wide jet of liquid metal over the recently deceased, encasing her in aluminium. It is not the most durable metal, but it is lightweight.

drack
2015-08-10, 09:32 PM
The metal successfully encapsulates the woman. Combined with the disturbing lack of blood this leaves the scene of the crime rather clean so far as murder goes.

drack
2015-08-12, 06:42 PM
"I am uncertain that I can play an instrument in a band." Sai mused "How does music stop you ending up in a laboratory ?"

she continued polishing out the area around the corpse, seemingly unphased by it's presence. She closed her eyes and touched the metal railing around the edge of the bar, sending out her soul to check the surrounding area to make sure that there are no police in the vicinity and scouting out the best route to get the corpse out unseen.

Nearby you find two off duty cops at a soba stand, an a car starting up their sirens several blocks down driving tangent to your location.

Bladehunter217
2015-08-13, 07:41 AM
Let's leave sooner than later. We're not for knowing how long before we draw attention to ourselves. Someone give me a hand. He reaches behind the bar and slowly materializes a sled. Bracing himself against the statue, he pushes as hard as he can, trying to get it on his makeshift sled.

meltodowno
2015-08-14, 09:03 AM
Life flickered back into Sai's eyes, though the difference was barely indistinguishable to the untrained eye.

"There are two off duty officers enjoy some noodles in the Soba stand around the corner. There is also a police vehicle attending an incident several blocks over, but they are currently driving with their sirens on, though they do not seem to be directly heading this way."

She shuffled up next to the metal block and started trying to help push, for what little strength she had.

"I believe that covers your requests."

Grim ranger
2015-08-15, 05:40 PM
Going on to help with pushing the block as well, Daisuke nods to Sai before speaking again. "We will likely need someone to scout ahead to avoid trouble with our cargo... If there is a smelter anywhere near here, it is likely where we should head to."

drack
2015-08-15, 06:04 PM
OOC

I have no idea how common smelters are... I think they're mostly recycling plants or mining operations right?

There's both a jewelry store and a metallurgy shop within three and five blocks respectively, and a smelter across town.