PDA

View Full Version : Hathran Elemental/Spirit Focused

j_spencer93
2015-05-31, 08:49 PM
Well I want to make a Hathran who basically is focused on elemental magic/summoning only.

rashemi elemental summoning is a given but what other feats will add to the creatures called? Maybe empowering them or even granting them more types/templates?

Summon elemental seems nice combined with the feat above.

Classes
Wu Jen ?
Spirit Shaman ?
Hathran 10
Durthan 10

Feats
Summon Elemental
Rashemi Elemental Summoning
Imbued Summoning
Greenbound Summoning (not sure if its worth it)
Elemalefic Spellcaster?

Urpriest
2015-05-31, 08:55 PM
Augment Summoning is typically pretty good. I suppose Ashbound isn't an option, or are you not being strict about settings?

j_spencer93
2015-05-31, 08:59 PM
Augment summoning?

As for setting, we play in Forgotten Realms but use feats/classes from anything. Mainly because throughout our campaigns we have muddled the worlds a lot.

Ashbound creates a problem though. It doesn't fit with the theme of Hathran, as you must be divine/arcane, and Ashbound hate arcane. Although I could just ignore the last end of the fluff, since Hathran are the protectors of their land.
I was thinking of Durthan actually, which I had planned for this to go into.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-05-31, 09:14 PM
Durthan's requirements of casting both arcane and divine spells, without offering to advance both, is extremely counterproductive for any spellcasting build. I would recommend entering Hathran with either Druid or Spirit Shaman, since that's the best spell list for elemental spells plus Summon Nature's Ally is better at summoning elementals. You can even get a Ring of the Beast in CC to further improve your Summon Nature's Ally, and Ashborn from ECS makes your SNA spells last twice as long and gives them a significant attack bonus. Get a few levels of Paragnostic Apostle prior to Hathran, and I would even consider dipping Contemplative for the Balance domain so you can dip Sacred Exorcist to use DMM: Persist with spells like Stormrage.

j_spencer93
2015-05-31, 09:21 PM
I know I forgot this in the initial post but this is for an NPC i am working on. Anyways, spirit shaman isn't bad. I was thinking of a Wu Jen/Shaman build (not Spirit shaman) who then went into Hathran and eventually Durthan.

The hathran/durthan thing is part of her fluff and story. It plays into the campaign I am working on. However, I do see that it is rather weak requiring both but only advancing one.

When done I think she will end up somewhere a little over 40. However she is meant to take on a party consisting of a Spirit Shaman, a Ranger focused on a pack of animals, and an Arcane Ranger with a bunch of moon based things. They are not optimized at all so I am trying to keep her down to their level.

Although now that I am looking them over I am not sure why I wanted Shaman over Spirit Shaman, Spirit Shaman fits better with the whole spirits of Rashemen thing.