PDA

View Full Version : Potion Feats

Zaydos
2015-06-01, 12:28 PM
Ok, I keep thinking there's some sort of Quick Quaff feat and some sort of feat to allow you to hold a potion's effects till later and trigger it quickly. But I can't find either of them and my google fu is failing me. So am I just crazy/misremembering, or can someone tell me which books have them/what their actual names are?

Zaq
2015-06-01, 12:30 PM
I don't know anything about "Quick Quaff," but for the other one, you're thinking of Delay Potion, Complete Mage pg. 41.

Zaydos
2015-06-01, 12:33 PM
I don't know anything about "Quick Quaff," but for the other one, you're thinking of Delay Potion, Complete Mage pg. 41.

Thank you. Checked that book twice and somehow missed it.

frogglesmash
2015-06-01, 03:25 PM
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting p. 97 has a masterwork potion belt that costs 60 gp, holds 10 potions, and lets you use a free action once per round to drink one of them.

Deadline
2015-06-01, 03:30 PM
I think the Blood Magus PrC from Complete Arcane allows you to do some funky things with potions in your system.

badgerman
2015-06-01, 03:58 PM
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting p. 97 has a masterwork potion belt that costs 60 gp, holds 10 potions, and lets you use a free action once per round to drink one of them.

There's also the Potion Bladder from Drow of the Underdark p.92 lets you drink only one Potion as a standard action without provoking AoOs 25 gp

Aleolus
2015-06-01, 05:55 PM
Blood magus lets you brew a potion in your own blood which you can use on yourself whenever you want, or you can have someone else drink 1 ounce of your blood and be affected by it

badgerman
2015-06-01, 06:37 PM
Ok, I keep thinking there's some sort of Quick Quaff feat ...

Sorry don't understand what the meaning of Quick Quaff is. Could you explain it please ?

Got it: quaff = drinking very fast. a bit like the drink like a demon class ability of the drunken master. Sorry english is not my native language

j_spencer93
2015-06-01, 06:38 PM
isnt quick staff a dragon magazine one that lets you replace an attack with a staff use, and during a full attack you may replace each attack with a staff use???

Zaydos
2015-06-01, 06:49 PM
Sorry don't understand what the meaning of Quick Quaff is. Could you explain it please ?

Got it: quaff = drinking very fast. a bit like the drink like a demon class ability of the drunken master. Sorry english is not my native language

I thought there was a feat by that name which let you drink a potion faster.

j_spencer93
2015-06-01, 06:50 PM
lol i read quick staff not quick quaff, as for quick quaff all i can find is a homebrew class feature.

Saintheart
2015-06-01, 07:08 PM
lol i read quick staff not quick quaff, as for quick quaff all i can find is a homebrew class feature.

You must be thinking of Quick Quiff, which allows you to make your hair look like so as a swift action:

http://menshairstylestrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/mens_quiff_hairstyles_best_pics_in_hd.jpg

20 levels in Fighter, but damn he looks good.

Invader
2015-06-01, 07:14 PM
There's also alchemist savant in MoE and master alchemist in MoF for prestige classes and while neither do what you're looking for, they have some nice features for someone who wants to make the most of making and using potions.

Darrin
2015-06-01, 07:15 PM

It's a free action once per round to retrieve a potion. Drinking it is still a standard action.

The only thing I've seen in print that can speed up drinking a potion is to mix in a little alcohol and use Drunken Master's "Drink Like A Demon" ability, but rules-wise its a bit iffy.

j_spencer93
2015-06-01, 07:19 PM
You must be thinking of Quick Quiff, which allows you to make your hair look like so as a swift action:

http://menshairstylestrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/mens_quiff_hairstyles_best_pics_in_hd.jpg

20 levels in Fighter, but damn he looks good.

actually no, if you type in quick quaff you get this http://dayswithaknight.com/2013/01/20/potion-junkie-pathfinder-stuff/ which is a class with that ability