PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Spheres of Power] Converting Spells to Spheres of Power (Group Effort; WIP)

Mehangel
2015-06-01, 01:49 PM
So I have been playing with Spheres of Power for about a month now and I decided to start writing out conversions of different spells to Spheres of Power, mostly so that players who wanted to cast X spell could see what they would need in order to do that. But after I think 10 minutes of working on the bard spell list, I realized that it is going to take alot longer than I thought. As such, I thought I would invite the playground to involve themselves if they so like.

I currently have the document made so that anyone with the link can edit it. So if you have a spell that you have converted via Spellcrafting, Ritual, Invocation or a combination of Spheres and Talents, feel free to input.

I currently am working on all first level spells (starting with bard), but I will eventually do others. I also have included comments on every added conversion to explain some of the choices I made concerning it.

The document link is HERE (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12UAgTKc37LHhWen6kfyH9HT4iLP_txZp6osTpv2mOFI/edit?usp=sharing).

Adam Meyers
2015-06-01, 02:28 PM
That is a massive undertaking, and I am heartily impressed. I'm curious to see how this ends up.

Adam Meyers
2015-06-01, 02:34 PM
A quick note on conversions: One of the things we did with Spheres of Power was try and consolidate spells. A lot of spells of higher level are just lower-level spells with the limits removed (hold person, hold monster, mass hold person, mass hold monster. See also fireball vs. Delayed Blast Fireball). So once you've figured out a conversion for a lower-level spell, you may have also covered some higher levels spells at the same time.

Mehangel
2015-06-01, 02:54 PM
A quick note on conversions: One of the things we did with Spheres of Power was try and consolidate spells. A lot of spells of higher level are just lower-level spells with the limits removed (hold person, hold monster, mass hold person, mass hold monster. See also fireball vs. Delayed Blast Fireball). So once you've figured out a conversion for a lower-level spell, you may have also covered some higher levels spells at the same time.

I have noticed this aswell, so it helps out. I found this especially useful which enchantment spells such as Cause Fear, charm person, etc..

EDIT: Another reason for me doing this is that I can see what sort of homebrew talents might be necessary to be made. So far, the only one I see might be an illusion talent that might allow 1/day illusions/tricks cast as swift or immediate actions (which can be taken multiple times of course, similar to how divine future has 1/day property).