PDA

View Full Version : VTM in the city of lies and broken promises hydrasbane

hydrasbane
2015-06-01, 08:26 PM
the city of lies. falsehoods are the thread of this city, the shards of promises the cloth. money greases the wheel of bureaucracy as the fires of hell singe their trousers and drag their hearts to hell. welcome to DC and welcome to the world of darkness.

use your first post to describe your character. your characters start at a nightclub called the third circle. the music pulses loud and heavy with bass. lights flash across your visions in multiple colors. the patrons either slouch at the bar with fruity drinks, or dancing on a dimly lit dance floor neither of these actions hide their heavy intoxication.

please update on Tuesday and Thursday by 7

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-06-02, 10:26 AM
A tall man with a military haircut, staring of into space, sips the drink again. Ugh, i cant even get drunk like the other vets

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-02, 03:08 PM
A thin man in a grey suit and pants sits at the bar, and sits watching the patrons. He thinks aloud "What am I doing wasting my time in this filthy dive"

Rad Ed
2015-06-03, 10:58 PM
A man stands at the bar, glaring at some of the more obnoxious customers. He's wearing dark jeans, a plain grey t-shirt, and a dark green army-style jacket. With his slightly tattered clothing, desperate need of a haircut and a shave, and gloomy demeanor, it's obvious that this man's seen better days. He's wondering "Why shouldn't I go over there and shut up those idiots?".

hydrasbane
2015-06-04, 06:51 AM
the bartender, a woman in her early thirtys, hands each of you a beer and tells you "its from the woman over there" she motioned to the corner of the club were a woman in a leather trench coat and dark Lennon glasses sits alone in a booth watching you "she wants a word".

(DM note: she wants a word= she wants to talk with you)

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-06-04, 07:23 AM
As he walks over there, he looks around for anything suspicious. Guess its my lucky day (sarcasm)

Rad Ed
2015-06-04, 09:08 AM
The man looks at the two other men offered drinks, the women supposedly offering it, and the beer now in his hand. He shrugs, and walks over to the women's table.

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-04, 03:07 PM
The man in the suit stands up, straightens his collar, and saunters over to the corner both.

I walk slowly, and use my enhanced hearing to listen to what the others are saying.

hydrasbane
2015-06-04, 03:57 PM
"good to see you three actually showed up" the woman mused into her drink "when I sent out the advertisement I didn't think anyone would show up. its simple all I need you to do is retrieve an object for me, a small obelisk. The ship carrying it:the Lucille arrived this morning from Egypt."she looks up at you" you will be payed when the job is done"

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-06-04, 04:12 PM
Stares at the other 2 people next to him I presume these are the others im working with?

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-04, 04:16 PM
The man in the suit speaks in a refined sort of way "Greeting madam. I am Castor. And you are?"

Roll, Charisma+etiquette=8; results are 7, 8, 2, 5, 10, 6, 10, 6

Rad Ed
2015-06-04, 04:34 PM
The man in the jacket says nothing, only nodding to indicate that he heard. He glares at the other two, wondering what kind of retrieval job needs three people.

hydrasbane
2015-06-04, 04:47 PM
"Oh its Ab... no never mind you don't need to know" she said with a slight stutter "and yes these are your teammates"

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-06-04, 08:16 PM
He heads out to his car. Anyone need a ride? The names I Dont Trust You Guys With My Name

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-04, 08:17 PM
The man in the suit speaks up "I`ll take that, thanks. My names Castor. And you are"

Rad Ed
2015-06-04, 09:18 PM
The man in the jacket heads for a motorcycle. "I'm Simon" He says "I'll meet up with you two at the docks". He then speeds off, darting out of sight at the first turn.

hydrasbane
2015-06-05, 05:03 PM
it takes you around ten minutes to get to the docks the land around the docks themselves is a labyrinth of shipping containers, crates and warehouses.

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-05, 05:16 PM
Castor gets out of the (presumably filthy) truck, looks around, and begins to walk nonchalantly towards the ships. He whistles while doing this.

Rad Ed
2015-06-05, 07:09 PM
Simon jumps off his motorcycle, now wielding a Glock17 and an ancient-looking broadsword, and scans the boat for anyone.

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-05, 07:23 PM
To simon "Expecting trouble?", he says as he walks to the ship. "Here`s a plan: you with the gun cover, Simon comes with me, and I do the talking. But we should be able to do this non-violently. Were here to pick up a package, not cause a scene."

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-06-05, 07:28 PM
I position myself to have my rifle trained on the pickup center. If a fight breaks out, just stash the package in my vehicle. I have a guy in there ready to drive away if we need to

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-05, 09:39 PM
Castor turns to the guy with the gun "If you could, please refrain from firing that. I prefer not to alert everyone in the city. And if, unfortunately, this was to come attention to the Sheriff or his Deptuies, I would not like to be the Kindred who pulled the trigger"

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-06-07, 02:29 PM
Nobody calls three vampires to pick up a package if it ain't serious ****. Now, I'm going to cover for you, and make sure I'm not scraping parts of vampire off the dock today. I cant believe i missed the Freedom Act Party for this.

hydrasbane
2015-06-08, 08:01 PM
you pass a small tunnel of boxes and on to the piers themselves ominously expanding in to the rolling mist. lights refracted off the mist move slowly through the dark, blind to you as you walk onto the pier. the ramp to the the Lucille is guarded by two figures.

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-08, 08:21 PM
Castor saunters (yes) up to them, and begins speaking. "Evening gentlemen. We`re here to pick up a package. Its a small stone sculpture. I`m afraid I cannot be more specific. If you would be so kind as to bring it out to us, it would be much appreciated. I assume you know what I`m speaking of."

I make a roll to mesmerize, to get him to tell me about the sculpture, and go get it for us. Difficulty is the targets willpower, I have 7 dice pool. Results are 7, 6, 1, 6, 7, 8

I also make an alertness role, dice pool 6. Results are 10, 2, 5, 5, 5, 10

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-06-08, 09:51 PM
I aim my rifles scope at the nearest guards, ready to fire if needed

I spend a bloodpoint to use Shadow Play, then stealth myself.

Rad Ed
2015-06-09, 10:05 AM
Simon stays close to Castor, ready to strike at the guards.

hydrasbane
2015-06-10, 03:42 PM
the guards look at castor confused "what stone sculpture?""you're going to have to be more specific lad".

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-10, 03:50 PM
"I`m so sorry, I`m afraid I don`t know anything else. Maybe I could pop on board and look for myself?"

Same as before, but this time persuading him to let me look around, and give me the run of the ship. Results: 4, 5, 8, 7, 7, 4

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-06-10, 09:07 PM
If I have enough cover, i begin to sneaks towards my allies and the guards. Do you do the rolls or do I?

Rad Ed
2015-06-10, 10:27 PM
Simon stays close to Castor, ready to strike at the guards.

hydrasbane
2015-06-29, 07:27 PM
the guard on the right looks confused for a moment as if the effort of deciding to help castor is straining him. "I guess I can show you around the ship" he says slowly turning towards his partner "stay here in case any hoodlums show up." he then slowly ambles onto the ship.

Dming For Noobs
2015-06-29, 09:09 PM
"Thank you, sir" he says confidently, walking up the gang plank. "Never know what hoodlums might show up. Hopefully nothing will happen till you get back.", he adds, speaking loudly.

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-07-07, 01:24 PM
I attempt to sneak onto the boat to look around

Rad Ed
2015-07-08, 11:34 AM
Relaxing slightly, Simon follows Castor onto the ship.

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-08-11, 02:33 PM
Are we gonna keep playing? Not to be rude.

Dungeon_Crawler
2015-12-02, 10:50 AM
Safe to say this thing is dead?