PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Quick challenge--Build this character.

Marlowe
2015-06-02, 04:45 AM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/Joncharlesspencer/Sigrun.jpg

She is currently level 5.

Simple challenge--post a build that fits the model and that which you think would make a tolerably effective PC. Assume 36 point buy, just for arguments sake.

Then post an image of your own, either a model or a picture, and invite others to build a character that goes with it. Specify the character level and the point-buy, but everything else (race, classes, et cetera) should be derived from the image or at least not clash with what's presented.

Any takers?

Morrolan
2015-06-02, 05:32 AM
Couple of questions:

1. This is for 3.5 right? What kind of other content is allowed? Pathfinder, Dragon Magazine, 3rd Party, Homebrew?
2. How detailed should the build be, seeing as it is a quick challenge?
3. At which point does the next person get to post a new challenge? After you pick a build that is satisfactory, or..?

Marlowe
2015-06-02, 05:46 AM
1, Not interested in seeing Pathfinder, 3rd party, Dragon or Homebrew. Other people are free to allow other material for their own pics.

2, Races, classes, feats, if any part of the build depends on having certain ranks in certain skills then it would be nice to have those worked out.

3, I won't be "picking" a satisfactory build. I already have one, after all. I'm interested in seeing what other people would do. Post a build, then post a pic.

Socratov
2015-06-02, 07:20 AM
I assume fractional Bab(meaning 3/4 bab will be 3/4 bab across classes)

Level 5:

CN Human Rogue 1/Swordsage 4

Base abilities
Str: 8 (-1)
Dex: 19 (+4) (1 ab score increase)
Con: 14 (+2)
Wis: 16 (+3)
Int: 8 (-1)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Initiative: 4+4+1=+9

Bab: 5 lvls of 3/4 bab so +3

Fort:+3
Ref:+8
Will:+7

Feats:

Human: Flexible Mind (Bluff & Hide)
1st: Weapon Finesse
3rd: Improved initiative

At this point hte character has some sneak attack and maneuvers regarding sneak attack. She is not quite there yet, but it's all building up. Flexible mind (DR326) is there to make sure our rogue can continue to learn to bluff while training as a swordsage. Swordage maneuvers are prioritized as Shadow Hand and Diamond Mind. for items we want light armour (or mithril medium armour with high dex), a dex boosting item, a wis boosting item and a decently enchanted rapier. Tactics are as follows: go first, sneak attack, use martial maneuvers, hope combat ends quickly before you run out of manuevers.

Eventually we will go into:
CN Human Rogue 1/Swordsage 6/Scarlet Corsair 10/Swordsage 3

Base abilities:
Str: 8 (-1)
Dex: 20 (+5) (2 ab score increases)
Con: 14 (+2)
Wis: 18 (+4) (2 ab scores increases)
Int: 8 (-1)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Initiative: 5+4+2=+9 (should be higher with dex item)

Bab: +17/+12/+7/+2
Feats:

Human: Flexible Mind (Bluff & Hide)
1st: Weapon Finesse
3rd: Improved initiative
6th: Leadership
9th: Pack Feint
12th: Weapon focus (Hand crossbow)
15th: Crossbow sniper
18th: Martial Study (X)

At 6th level you want to get some followers to have a crew on a pirate ship. Pack faint is also extremely useful. Now all your followers could be rogues and have fun. This takes not only your next attack, but everyone's next attack agianst a creature you seccessfully feinted against count as flat footed. Then you want some offhand fun, or pre-meleee fun. So you make use of your hand crossbow proficiency and kta eweapon focus and crossbow sniper. Now you can stand on deck and snipe before engaging. Then you swing over on rope and slice and dice the enemy. Use Corsair's feint -> sneak attack -> use martial maneuvers until you can feint for free again -> see step one. By the later stages you might want to to mix in some white raven tactics with your shadow hand (for sneak attack) and Diamond MInd (for fort save mostly). Also, for tiems we want better rapier, decent hand crossbow, mithril medium armour, and increases to dex, wis and cha. (in that order)

Marlowe
2015-06-02, 07:26 AM
You may be amused to hear that she has "MOST DEFINITELY NOT A PIRATE CHICK" written across the top of her character sheet. But she does use Diamond Mind. A lot.

No pic?

Socratov
2015-06-02, 07:29 AM
You may be amused to hear that she has "MOST DEFINITELY NOT A PIRATE CHICK" written across the top of her character sheet. But she does use Diamond Mind. A lot.
and yet I woudl totally make her a pirate chick for all intents and purposes fo getting booty and stuff. Also funny how we both thought of using dimaing mind, though I'm guess you took warblade, didn't you?

No pic?
nope. Didn't even fill in skills and stuff.

Marlowe
2015-06-02, 07:33 AM
and yet I woudl totally make her a pirate chick for all intents and purposes fo getting booty and stuff. Also funny how we both thought of using dimaing mind, though I'm guess you took warblade, didn't you?
nope. Didn't even fill in skills and stuff.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/Joncharlesspencer/IMG_1609.jpg
Again, apologies for picture quality

Socratov
2015-06-02, 07:40 AM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/Joncharlesspencer/IMG_1609.jpg
Again, apologies for picture quality

Monk, obviously... :smallbiggrin::smallamused: