PDA

View Full Version : What will Roy do while he's dead?

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-23, 11:06 AM
Debates over whether he'll be resurrected or not aside, what'll happen in the intervening time?;

Nothing: He won't return until he's resurrected (if at all)
Father/Son Talk: He'll talk/argue with his dad in the higher planes
Messengering: He'll appear and give the OotS messages and cryptic warning like Eugene did
Meet Shojo: He'll meet Shojo (and some other deceased NPCs) in the afterlife and learn something or other
Haunt thog: He'll come back as a (neutral evil) undead to steal thog's ice cream!!!

Threeshades
2007-04-23, 11:12 AM
i voted for the 3 things that are most voted at this point.

I think he will meet his father and shojo and have an afterlife party. Then he goes scaring poor thog and then be resurrected.

Setra
2007-04-23, 11:14 AM
I can certainly forsee some 'Father/Son' meeting, but not so much talking as arguing, and Roy's father complaining about how Roy shoulda been a Wizard. This may or may not make Roy take a level in something like Duskblade or maybe even just Wizard.

I can also see him meeting Shojo.

Lolzords
2007-04-23, 11:16 AM
I bet he's going to the upper planes and have jubajuba with Celia.

Hinton
2007-04-23, 11:18 AM
Definitely think he'll have a heart-to-heart with his dad and maybe a quick chat with Shojo.

truemane
2007-04-23, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I foresee some serious Generational Angst in the Greenhilt Family. It'll be a post-life Reunion. Probably his grandad will show up and yell at them both, claiming that back in HIS day the liches were 20 feet tall and urinated Fireballs.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-23, 11:50 AM
I bet he's going to the upper planes and have jubajuba with Celia.

But would it work, I mean even if he can get hard, he's not exactly solid :smallredface:

factotum
2007-04-23, 11:53 AM
There's no "decompose slowly" option. :smallsmile:

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-23, 11:57 AM
There's no "decompose slowly" option. :smallsmile:

Roy's remains are no longer Roy, technically. <_< >_>

Redblade
2007-04-23, 11:58 AM
I ticked 'father/son talk' but I think its more likely to involve his Grandad/great Grandad as well.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-23, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I foresee some serious Generational Angst in the Greenhilt Family. It'll be a post-life Reunion. Probably his grandad will show up and yell at them both, claiming that back in HIS day the liches were 20 feet tall and urinated Fireballs.

What would they urinate them out from? :smalleek:

Lyesmith
2007-04-23, 02:00 PM
What would they urinate them out from? :smalleek:

Eyesockets?:smallamused:

the_tick_rules
2007-04-23, 02:11 PM
i'm thinking Roy may be in ngeatives but not dead.

Flying Elephant
2007-04-23, 02:12 PM
i'm thinking Roy may be in ngeatives but not dead.
But Roy's eyes are little xs (x's?).

factotum
2007-04-23, 03:16 PM
X eyes = dead. Elan was in negatives back in strip 58 and didn't have Xs for eyes.

Lemur
2007-04-23, 03:25 PM
Hooray! Roy's dead, and you know what that means- death, or near-death dream sequence before Raise Dead, or Plot Device X brings him back to life.

My bet is that his father comes to harass him again. Not that being a wizard instead of a fighter would have saved Roy's life, but stuff like that doesn't really stop parents from nagging.

Dolash
2007-04-23, 03:32 PM
It's kind of unlikely they'll have a father/son chat - impossible, in fact.

If you'll recall, Roy's father is still ghosting around Azure City's castle (and with both Shojo and Roy dead, no one knows who he is!), and if he were to return to the upper planes, would be in a spot of bother for tying up that celestial and sneaking out of the afterlife. Roy, on the other hand, will prolly be getting a one-way ticket to the Planes of Some Sort of Good Guy Heaven and thus not see his dad.

Quel Technoh
2007-04-23, 03:35 PM
Wasn't his dad stuck in Shojo's throne room? Remember, he had many laughs because he appeared as the Righteous Angel Judge? Or did I miss him getting dismissed?
Could have sworn that someone said that he wouldn't go back due to "Reprimanding in Celestia"

happyturtle
2007-04-23, 03:42 PM
Is there any reason Roy can't wander over to the throne room to see dad? Other than, well, it's Eugene, and he isn't exactly the nicest parent in the world.

He can see Celia? How does that work? (Sorry, haven't gamed in years)

SteveMB
2007-04-23, 04:10 PM
Is there any reason Roy can't wander over to the throne room to see dad? Other than, well, it's Eugene, and he isn't exactly the nicest parent in the world.

I suspect that Roy is really going to have a few words with dear old Dad, and he isn't going to get a word of his "I told you you should have gone to wizard school" speech in edgewise, especially since Roy can storm off and he can't.

Falkus
2007-04-23, 04:30 PM
Is there any reason Roy can't wander over to the throne room to see dad?

Possibly because in comic 291 Roy's dad says that he can't just walk in and out of the afterlife. The only reason Roy's dad could do it was because of the sword.

Setra
2007-04-23, 04:31 PM
I think a Roy/Grandad talk would be interesting, heck we might get to meet his mother.

Brickman
2007-04-23, 04:49 PM
I think the only non-flashback action remaining in Roy's future is one last scene on-camera with his dad's ghost, and he'll come away winning the arguement.

Charity322
2007-04-23, 05:03 PM
Possibly because in comic 291 Roy's dad says that he can't just walk in and out of the afterlife. The only reason Roy's dad could do it was because of the sword.

I think that was just regarding speaking to the living?

brant167
2007-04-23, 05:19 PM
Two words. Motivational Speaker...
Roy is going to float around and witness the battle and talk to Elan while Elan battles Xykon with Roy's sword in hand.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-24, 05:58 AM
Two words. Motivational Speaker...
Roy is going to float around and witness the battle and talk to Elan while Elan battles Xykon with Roy's sword in hand.

Would Elan be able to use it? He's probably not proficent.

nizwiz
2007-04-24, 06:52 AM
Funny thread title, when you really think of it.
Sounds like being dead is like a vacation.
Maybe :roy: will use the free time to do his taxes. :smallcool:

Cleverdan22
2007-04-24, 06:55 AM
I think he'll argue with his dad, and then go to talk to Julia, and then follow the party around and make sure they're doing things right.

Baalzebub
2007-04-24, 09:26 AM
Meet Shojo and have a little chat with his dad on the upper planes. Maybe discuss some battle plans or request aid from the Celestial beings while he's at it.