PDA

View Full Version : What are you folks experience so far with the 5e OathBreaker Paladin?

CyberThread
2015-06-02, 04:53 PM
What do you folks think of turning it into a debuff aura?

1Forge
2015-06-02, 06:23 PM
I think oathbreakers are a nice melee as long as they have a side of undead and some imps for seasoning.

CyberThread
2015-06-03, 12:24 AM
I think oathbreakers are a nice meal as long as they have a side of undead and some imps for seasoning; Especially for breakfast.

I think it might be the most doable of the warlock/paladin dip that is getting popular 3 paladin/ 5 warlock/ paladin.

Go pact of the chain, get the imp. Use your paladin divine charge. Get a rather nice undead helper. Between that and the melee and spells you get. I can see it being a very strong character , with a few nice "face" duties because of CHA..

1Forge
2015-06-03, 12:59 AM
I think it might be the most doable of the warlock/paladin dip that is getting popular 3 paladin/ 5 warlock/ paladin.

Go pact of the chain, get the imp. Use your paladin divine charge. Get a rather nice undead helper. Between that and the melee and spells you get. I can see it being a very strong character , with a few nice "face" duties because of CHA..

I was thinking more, raise your own undead army and disquise them when not in use. Then figure out how to get multiple imps (one isnt enough) then use them to "tenderize" monsters and good people before you send in the zombies.

CyberThread
2015-06-03, 09:36 PM
I was thinking more, raise your own undead army and disquise them when not in use. Then figure out how to get multiple imps (one isnt enough) then use them to "tenderize" monsters and good people before you send in the zombies.

eh , to hard to supply that player side.

silveralen
2015-06-04, 10:54 AM
One issue I recall is that the damage boost aura applies to all undead/demons, even enemies. That can make for some issues if you run up against hostile versions.

Unless you actively pursue the horde of undead followers strategy, it doesn't offer anything amazing that I recall. Capstone is kinda cool but... Capstone.

CyberThread
2015-06-04, 06:55 PM
One issue I recall is that the damage boost aura applies to all undead/demons, even enemies. That can make for some issues if you run up against hostile versions.

Unless you actively pursue the horde of undead followers strategy, it doesn't offer anything amazing that I recall. Capstone is kinda cool but... Capstone.

fear aura, control an undead that goes off your character level per challenge level.

KorvinStarmast
2015-06-08, 12:01 PM
What are you folks experience so far with the 5e OathBreaker Paladin? I am never able to buy stuff on credit* ... I even have to pay as I go for ale in the tavern. :smallyuk:

*The used warhorse loan came back disapproved from the money lender.