PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is There A Feat for Channelling?

Palanan
2015-06-02, 06:14 PM
Meaning, is there a feat that grants the ability to channel positive energy like a cleric?

I'm working on a druid build for Kingmaker, and for various reasons I'd love to be able to channel that positive goodness. Can I do this without actually taking a level in cleric?

grarrrg
2015-06-02, 07:15 PM
Oh what do we have on the quick...
Linky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=15428441&postcount=6)
Has not been updated since before the ACG. Offhand I know they added VMC, which can get your Cleric or Oracle (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement#TOC-Core-Classes) channeling. Both get CHA+1/Day uses and a -6 effective level penalty. VMC Oracle gets Channeling at level 3, VMC Cleric doesn't get Channeling until level 7, but the penalty eventually drops to -2 for them.

Adept Channel (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/adept-channel) is a feat that requires Divine Caster level and Familiar. You can only Channel 2/day though (without other feats and such of course).

That's...about it. VMC is probably the best option for non-multiclass Channeling.

Palanan
2015-06-02, 08:24 PM
Okay, thanks.

Is there any way to allow a druid to spontaneously convert prepared spells to healing, like the 3.5 feat Spontaneous Healing from Complete Divine?

grarrrg
2015-06-02, 09:45 PM
Is there any way to allow a druid to spontaneously convert prepared spells to healing, like the 3.5 feat Spontaneous Healing from Complete Divine?

Not that I am aware of.

Psyren
2015-06-02, 09:59 PM
You know, I completely forgot Adept Channel - combined with a way to get a familiar, one could use it to get Guided Hand onto an Inquisitor without dipping or VMC somehow.

Azoth
2015-06-02, 10:52 PM
Skill Focus (Knowledge: Arcane) + Eldritch heritage (arcane) to get the familiar.

grarrrg
2015-06-02, 11:56 PM
You know, I completely forgot Adept Channel - combined with a way to get a familiar, one could use it to get Guided Hand onto an Inquisitor without dipping or VMC somehow.

Skill Focus (Knowledge: Arcane) + Eldritch heritage (arcane) to get the familiar.

Assuming you are replying to Psyren, yes that would work, but you'd have to wait until level 9 to get WIS-to-hit on a single class Inquisitor (level 7+retraining for Humans).
We'd need Skill Focus > Eldritch Heritage > Adept Channel > Channel Smite > Guided Hand
Might be an option for high level starts, but much too slow for low level.

As for Mr. Druid, there are a variety of Druid archetypes that grant a Familiar instead of a Companion. Then it's just a matter of waiting until level 5 to take Adept Channel.

Psyren
2015-06-03, 08:01 AM
I don't know that I'd call it too slow - basically it has to kick in before you start pouring your points into Wis and buying +Wis items, and I think it's right on time for that. Before then, starting Str or Dex are enough to hit with, provided you didn't dump them both.