PDA

View Full Version : Player Help OA Blade Dancer Prestige Class Help (Fast Movement)

sage20500
2015-06-02, 11:48 PM
With the OA Blade Dancer Prestige class, their fast movement class feature, is the movement speed bonus based upon what the pc's size is, or is it based upon what their landspeed is at the time of taking that prestige class. My dm and I are unsure how its supposed to work because of the wording, because if it works in the latter case like I thought it might, then my PC character is looking at a landspeed of around 175ft, which makes a pretty big difference if it works in the former case.

Swaoeaeieu
2015-06-03, 01:32 AM
from what i can see of the blade dancer, the speed increase is based on your base land speed. So 30 for medium, unless you have something that increases your base land speed (barbarian perhaps?).
10 levels in blade dancer triples your movement speed. So i doubt it would become 175ft. what build are you using?

sage20500
2015-06-03, 06:32 AM
Its a gestalt build that gets me to about 70 or 80 before battle dancer kicks in, and the i have a +15 bonus from items to hit 175

Swaoeaeieu
2015-06-03, 07:08 AM
then it might depend on if the other sources actually turn your speed into a higher base speed, or if they merely give you a bonus to movement speed. since blade dancer only improves the base landspeed.

sage20500
2015-06-03, 07:21 AM
then it might depend on if the other sources actually turn your speed into a higher base speed, or if they merely give you a bonus to movement speed. since blade dancer only improves the base landspeed.

Of the features i have, the only thing that isnt an enhancement bonus to speed that doesnt count is the +10 from ardents mantle of freedom. It was mainly the way that the feature is worded had myself and my dm really confused as to what was supposed to be used

Hiro Quester
2015-06-03, 08:02 AM
Of the features i have, the only thing that isnt an enhancement bonus to speed that doesnt count is the +10 from ardents mantle of freedom. It was mainly the way that the feature is worded had myself and my dm really confused as to what was supposed to be used

It's probably your un-enhanced base speed that it triples.

Note that enhancement bonuses don't stack. So if you gave more than one enhancement bonus, only the biggest one is in effect.