PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 3 Binder brothers

Val666
2015-06-03, 02:16 AM
Hello Giantitp! Today I come with a request for you guys. In an upcoming 3.5 campaign, me and 2 friends want to play 3 Binder brothers. The thing Binder being a versatile class, each of us wants to specialize on a roll. Bare in mind the rolls we left behind are filled by other party members. Things that are banned: Book of Erotic Fantasy, Druids, Artificer, Psionics and Homebrew.

Ok the roles we want our Binders to develope are:

Support: Yeah, like battelfield control and if possible some kind of healing.

Leader: I know Binder is CHA based but as Warlock he can dump it. I would like the Binder Leader to have a CHA based build.

Tank: This seems the more difficult to me. Knight of the Sacred Seal is good in any Binder build I guess (except for those who care about caster lvl) particulalry in a Melee Binder build. Im very lost about this concept of Binder and it is were I need more help :v

One more thing, every other book from 3.5 is allowed and Dragon Magazine may be (Passed by DM). We are starting lvl 2 and have a 32 point buy. I'll answer any questions you may have c: As always, thanks for everything!

Umbranar
2015-06-03, 04:44 AM
I have read about binders alot and played a binder6/KotSS3 in a campaign lately.

My role was to tank and quickly I realized that my melee damage output pretty low (could have optimized it more i guess).
My patron vestige was Andras and the once per 5 round smite is nice but that was about it.
For tank build I would rather go for being annoying as heck with utility power.
At 8th level you can bind 2 vestiges and I used Geyron and Balam alot because the gazes are pretty neat if you have a descent CHA.
I ofcourse used the Improved Binding feat and recommend it for about any build unless you know where you will focus on.
With a binder, feats specialize the character since all binders can just swap vestiges every day.

In the case of the tank binder in my opinion its better to prevent bad-guys from getting to your backline than soaking the hits yourself and trying to pummel your enemies in melee.

Venger
2015-06-03, 04:50 AM
as ever, the handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11235.0) is very helpful. binder's got a pretty low floor, so you should be fine. no matter what you want to do, binder mostly has you covered.