PDA

View Full Version : Need help interpreting a class feature

Baldin
2015-06-03, 04:04 AM
Hi there,

So in the campaign I play in I'm playing a dwarven cleric with the deathwarden chanter prestige class. On third level of the class I get the ability "Great Rune". Now I choose the armor rune which states the following.
"When completed, the rune emanated a Magic Vestment spell to a radius of 5 feet, affecting all allies of the chanter within this emanation. The power of the rune lasts for 12 hours. A chanter can have only one of these runes in effect at any time; creating a second one causes the first one to dissipate."

My question is, how does this affect me and my allies? Does the magic vestment affect both shield and armor at the same time, or does it just apply to one?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Baldin

Venger
2015-06-03, 04:08 AM
Hi there,

So in the campaign I play in I'm playing a dwarven cleric with the deathwarden chanter prestige class. On third level of the class I get the ability "Great Rune". Now I choose the armor rune which states the following.
"When completed, the rune emanated a Magic Vestment spell to a radius of 5 feet, affecting all allies of the chanter within this emanation. The power of the rune lasts for 12 hours. A chanter can have only one of these runes in effect at any time; creating a second one causes the first one to dissipate."

My question is, how does this affect me and my allies? Does the magic vestment affect both shield and armor at the same time, or does it just apply to one?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Baldin

the spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicVestment.htm) says "or" not "and/or" so each person affected by it gets either a bonus to armor or shield, but not both. that's your answer. just one.

Baldin
2015-06-03, 04:19 AM
Thanks Venger, kinda makes sense :p