PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Creatures

Flying Elephant
2007-04-23, 04:51 PM
Has anyone else played this? It's a really fun game, but it went out of print a while ago.

Tengu
2007-04-23, 05:23 PM
I played the demo. Creating creatures was a whole lot of fun, probably even more than the actual gameplay, which was (unfortunately) just an ordinary, run-out-of-the-mill RTS.

The Evil Thing
2007-04-24, 02:30 AM
I believe it was Relic's first 'traditional' RTS creation.

Yes, the creature combination system was very unique (though reminiscent of the rather obscure Evolva) but as Tengu said, the gameplay is formulaic.

With hindsight, the game feels like a dress rehearsal for Dawn of War.

Murky_Pool
2007-04-24, 06:43 AM
I've still got this kicking around somewhere. The one player was fun for a while until the std RTS difficulty formula kicked in and you get huge waves thrown at you every couple of minutes.

The multiplayer was alright as long as you didn't have any computer enemies.

Scenario one - Easy difficulty
The computer enemies are rubbish and die without posing a threat

Scenario 2 - Medium difficulty
The computer overwhelms a human player in the first three minutes, then continues on, adding more units to it's wave.

It was fun, but annoying after a while.

Abardam
2007-04-24, 10:31 AM
Army creation was the best part. Lessee... I remember the Whalants (legs of ants, everything else of whale), Cheeturtles (just for the heck of it), and my personal favorite, Lioness-rats (herding+plague+cheap).

Slash_712
2007-04-26, 03:53 PM
Yeah I have played it and I am forced to agree with everyone else that creating the armies was the best part. I didn't really like it too much, but it was definetly not the worst game I have played.

The Orange Zergling
2007-04-26, 11:23 PM
Making armies was awsome. Gameplay was truely meh.