PDA

View Full Version : Hyoudou Issei

Shnigda
2015-06-03, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could make Hyoudou Issei (from High school DxD) as a character in 3.5
The main problem I see is the whole dragon thing, but perhaps that could be a custom item?

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-03, 01:04 PM
I'm unfamiliar with the series and the character, but if you could list the abilities of theirs that you want your character to emulate I'll see what I can do.

Prime32
2015-06-03, 01:35 PM
Take a look at the Book of Erotic Fantasy maybe? :smalltongue: I know there's a spell that destroys clothes in there, at least.

The Hellbred and Dragonborn of Bahamut templates both seem appropriate here.

EDIT: The kensai PrC from Complete Warrior gets a signature magic weapon, can focus as a move action to get a temporary +8 bonus to Strength, and can transfer some of his BAB or save bonuses to others. Maybe stick it on an unarmed barbarian build?

VariSami
2015-06-03, 01:52 PM
Okay, so you would need a Devil-blooded (one way or another) pervert human with Draconic powers, including the ability to summon a magical full-plate that powers them up as well as the ability to boost both their own power and the powers of others. Plus, the character must be capable of destroying clothing at will as well as reading the surface thoughts... of breasts. And powering up by touching breasts (or by other emotional means... I wonder if Wilder would actually manage the part).

I would likely suggest something from Magic of Incarnum to emulate the boosts and the manifested armor. Dragonborn is a big no because Issei is not draconic most of the time. Though Draconic template might actually do well. Draconic Lesser Tiefling would be my race of choice, actually. I wonder if Draigg could be somehow be made into an Item familiar and added into the build...

(And yes, I am deeply ashamed of watching the series. It is basically ridiculously over the top fan service with a relatively watchable plot added as a cherry on top.)

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-03, 01:57 PM
Okay, so you would need a Devil-blooded (one way or another) pervert human with Draconic powers, including the ability to summon a magical full-plate that powers them up as well as the ability to boost both their own power and the powers of others. Plus, the character must be capable of destroying clothing at will as well as reading the surface thoughts... of breasts.

I would likely suggest something from Magic of Incarnum to emulate the boosts and the manifested armor. Dragonborn is a big no because Issei is not draconic most of the time. Though Draconic template might actually do well. Draconic Lesser Tiefling would be my race of choice, actually. I wonder if Draigg could be somehow be made into an Item familiar and added into the build...

(And yes, I am deeply ashamed of watching the series. It is basically ridiculously over the top fan service with a relatively watchable plot added as a cherry on top.)

The easiest way to summon magic armor is taking Bind Vestige and Improved Bind Vestige to bind Savnok. A 1-level Warlock dip can get Shatter at will, but that normally doesn't work on clothes IIRC. Still can sorta replicate the effect by destroying armor (or solid clasps/buttons/buckles that hold clothes together).

BWR
2015-06-03, 05:19 PM
Not 3.5, but a refluffed synthesist summoner from Pathfinder might work. The Boost ability is whatever spells he uses, the eidolon form is obviously the dragon armor, scrap the summons for something else, like custom SLAs like a variant Shatter Detect Thoughts.

StreamOfTheSky
2015-06-03, 06:03 PM
Spellthief is a terrible fit, but it's really hard to find "blue mage" / "mega man-like" ability to steal others special abilities within 3E D&D.

Is there anything else remotely like the PF Vitalist's network linked ability to share damage and spread buffs? That could fit well...

It's also got a great soundtrack. Don't be ashamed. No one that went to see 50 Shades of Gray in theaters were hiding their faces.

Darkweave31
2015-06-03, 06:35 PM

I had to stop watching. The protagonist's constant sexual harassment and sheer stupidity made it impossible for me to continue. It's a shame, I absolutely loved the concept and the other characters.

Anyway, item familiar might work well for the gauntlet. If you're willing to use homebrew, try refluffing Tome of Radiance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?258654-Tome-of-Radiance-Mastering-the-Power-of-Love-and-Justice). I find it works well for a wide variety of anime concepts due to just how customizable it is, not just magical girls. You may even be able to emulate his cloths magic... Ughhh.... With a delayed demolition blast. Champion might work best.

Edit:
Further for the magical girls... I'd go with stance device (others could work too) and possibly heavy costume. Nab the intelligent device feat and poof, there's the dragon gauntlet. Boosting can rather easily be accomplished by surge illuminations. You can even make some to pass those bonuses off to friends.

Prime32
2015-06-03, 06:38 PM
Spellthief is a terrible fit, but it's really hard to find "blue mage" / "mega man-like" ability to steal others special abilities within 3E D&D.If you're talking about the Dividing Gear thing... He basically used an artefact to absorb a fragment of another artefact, so it's unclear if that would have general mechanics in the first place. I guess you could use that variant glove of storing that lets you trigger wands from inside it? Or, since he absorbed the soul of one of Divine Dividing's past wielders in the process, you could stat it as the past wielders working like symbionts/fiends of possession/etc. to grant the current owner their powers.

Is there anything else remotely like the PF Vitalist's network linked ability to share damage and spread buffs? That could fit well...War Weaver?

EDIT:

Not 3.5, but a refluffed synthesist summoner from Pathfinder might work. The Boost ability is whatever spells he uses, the eidolon form is obviously the dragon armor, scrap the summons for something else, like custom SLAs like a variant Shatter Detect Thoughts.If you're going PF, Aegis (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis) seems like a better fit. Crystal Warrior archetype maybe, with a psicrystal staff shaped like a gauntlet? Or you could go the Metaforge route, with Deadly Fist soulknife.

Darkweave31
2015-06-03, 06:52 PM
Psychic warrior could also work well. Refluff as needed.

Edit:
To pull this one off I'd recommend something akin to the King of Smack build. Psychic warrior is all about buffing up, then wrecking face. Ectoplasmic armor (or called armor) will probably fulfill your armor needs and claws of the beast can manifest as the gauntlet. Stack as many size increases on as possible and proceed to tear people apart.