PDA

View Full Version : Link versus Ryu

Scatman
2007-04-23, 05:01 PM
Two gaming gods going at it and duking it out...Its like Super Smash Bros but better.Everyone knows Link owns all In that.In my opinion at least.
Id say draw.Lets see everyone elses opinion....

Setra
2007-04-23, 05:08 PM
... .... They both get the plague and die.

Scatman
2007-04-23, 05:11 PM
Even Scatman uses more logic than that.Then again, it was a time of illness in Links time...

Setra
2007-04-23, 05:13 PM
On a serious note.. I believe Ryu would win..

He's got a lot of power, I mean he fights against people who can blow up islands, that means something.

I'm not quite sure entirely of Ryu's strength though..

Wait, which Ryu are we talking about here?

Cybren
2007-04-23, 05:15 PM
Is Ryu willing to use the Sun Goku Satsu?

EvilElitest
2007-04-23, 05:16 PM
Who is Ryu? Isn't he from FF6 or are you talking about Ryuk from KH?
And can you put a poll on this scatman? If i know who Ryu is i will get involved
from,
EE

elliott20
2007-04-23, 05:17 PM
Ahhh yes, Sun Goku Satsu, the ability to achieve powers at ridiculous heights because the writers have no idea what to do with the character other than give him the power to blow up planetary systems in the blink of an eye.

Setra
2007-04-23, 05:17 PM
Who is Ryu? Isn't he from FF6 or are you talking about Ryuk from KH?
And can you put a poll on this scatman? If i know who Ryu is i will get involved
from,
EE
I'm fairly sure he means Ryu from Street Fighter...

However there is also Ryu from Breath of Fire (I'd love to see a fight between him and Link).

I believe there are a few other Ryu's.

Woot Spitum
2007-04-23, 05:21 PM
Wait, which Ryu are we talking about here?

Some clarification would be nice, because if it's the Ryu from the movie, he's in trouble. His only hope is to get Jean-Claude Van Damme in there and ask him to give a speech. Link would be paralyzed from laughter at the idea that Van Damme's very French accent (he pronounces justice the same way Inspector Clouseau does!) doesn't make him sound very unnatural as the American Guile.

Scatman
2007-04-23, 05:21 PM
Go to wikipedia and look up ryu
if you get disambugation go to Ryu(street fighter).Read a good amount.And Ryu would be willing to use anything as link too.Pretend theyre both Anti-heroes, or nuetral as some people call it.No triforce or any magical items used by link except the master sword.So dont bring up the fierce diety mask, that ones an instant win for link.I mean 2 times the size of a regular man, demi-god powers, invulnerability, yeaah, easy win.Hmm, then again link should have one item...Lets say he has his arrows so he has a ranged attack too.
Edit:And no, not the movie Ryu.The game Ryu.You really think Id refer to a movie in the gaming section?

Woot Spitum
2007-04-23, 05:31 PM
Advent Children was cited as a source in the Link versus Sephiroth debate, I assumed movies were a part of it. If the movie isn't part of it, then I guess the Anime show is out too.

Hearing Guile pronounce "justice" as "juicetus" never gets old.:smallbiggrin:

Scatman
2007-04-23, 05:37 PM
....An anime show made based off a videogame?
Nintendo couldnt go wrong with pokemon, but streetfighter anime.....There would be no plotline at all or any setup from the videogame.ITS A FIGHTING GAME MAN.....

Woot Spitum
2007-04-23, 05:47 PM
You'd be surprised. I saw only one episode. Ken and Ryu went into this weird temple and ended up fighting each other, only they didn't realize they were fighting each other because some illusion made each see the other as this strange stone statue. Dhalsim tried to contact them telepathically to tell them what was going on, but they were too busy fighting to listen.

This would probably have made more sense if I'd seen more of the series, but after that I decided not to bother.

If you haven't seen the movie, watch it. It is rather hilarious how they manage to mangle everything.

By the way, they even made a comic book series.

Setra
2007-04-23, 05:54 PM
....An anime show made based off a videogame?
Nintendo couldnt go wrong with pokemon, but streetfighter anime.....There would be no plotline at all or any setup from the videogame.ITS A FIGHTING GAME MAN.....
Actually the Street Fighter anime is Fairly good.

Scatman
2007-04-23, 07:13 PM
Wow.I have never been more surprised in my life.Now lets get back on topic.

Pyre
2007-04-23, 11:01 PM
I thought it was Ryu from Ninja Gaiden. In which case, I'd give it to Ryu. Ryu from streetfighter and no triforce? Ryu again. He'd just sit back at the other end of the screen and spam fireballs. Dragon punch if he jumps in.

Cybren
2007-04-24, 01:12 AM
What if... link does that spinny thing and then sends the fireballs right back at him?
Haven't you played a Zelda? That's pretty much how you kill every boss

Roderick_BR
2007-04-24, 07:20 AM
I'd say Ryu. He has the agility and skills to dodge through Link's offense and defense, and has enough KI moves to get even with most of Link's magic.
Link would just have two advantages: 1st, bringing a sword into a fist fight, and 2nd, if he carries the Master Sword.
Ryu could go Shun Goku Satsu, what would bring him about Ganondorf's level.
Another tough one, but I say Ryu wins, for sheer determination and will power.

Now, if it where Ryu Hayabusa... that would be an awesome match.

Ranis
2007-04-24, 07:23 AM
For the love of all that is holy in this world, please stop making these pointless threads.

Gungnir
2007-04-24, 08:09 AM
I vote hat the Ryu in question be changed to Mr. Hayabusa, because he's more awesome.

GAWD did I love the Lunar Staff. That thing was great fun.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-24, 10:49 AM
I reckon we should do a Ryu vs Ryu free for all thread with all Ryus invited.

No. Let's not.

Link uses the Four Sword, each of his clones use the most cheap masks from Majoras mask, one of them distracts Ryu with the Cane of Bynaria, the rest use bomb arrows like in Link's Awakening and bow him up.

Then Ryu wins anyway because the main character in fighting games always wins in cannon despite there being other more interesting characters.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-24, 10:52 AM
Okay, I have decreed it thus: I will kick every person who starts one of these threads in the nuts so hard they will kiss the moon. If that person is female, I'll use the sheer force of my awesome to make them grow nuts, and then proceed to my first sentence.

Comprende?

Woot Spitum
2007-04-24, 11:09 AM
I thought it was Ryu from Ninja Gaiden. In which case, I'd give it to Ryu. Ryu from streetfighter and no triforce? Ryu again. He'd just sit back at the other end of the screen and spam fireballs. Dragon punch if he jumps in.

Of course if we use the Soul Caliber II version of Link (which would make sense, so that we have a fighting game character versus another fighting game character) Link just sidesteps the fireballs. Even if we use Ocarina of Time Link, he still sidesteps away from the fireballs.

elliott20
2007-04-24, 12:06 PM
heck, Link could also just... you know, shoot projectiles BACK at him he so wants.

Sephiroth
2007-04-24, 12:41 PM
USE MUGEN to get the answer use link vs ryu which i need both of them so i kill link with sephy^^

Flyingsponge
2007-04-24, 12:44 PM
I reckon we should do a Ryu vs Ryu free for all thread with all Ryus invited.

No. Let's not.

Link uses the Four Sword, each of his clones use the most cheap masks from Majoras mask, one of them distracts Ryu with the Cane of Bynaria, the rest use bomb arrows like in Link's Awakening and bow him up.

Then Ryu wins anyway because the main character in fighting games always wins in cannon despite there being other more interesting characters.

Actually Ryu only won the first SF tournament, the other two were won by guile and Alex.

EvilElitest
2007-04-24, 01:12 PM
Well i looked up Ryu on the wiki, he seems to be a matail artist and not much more than that, sorry

Link uses pegasis seeds, runs toward him, uses din's fire, casts quake, switch shot, repeat, and that is not even using Naru's love
from,
EE

Cybren
2007-04-24, 05:40 PM
Ryu teleports them both to the underworld as demons eat their souls.

Setra
2007-04-24, 05:51 PM
Well i looked up Ryu on the wiki, he seems to be a matail artist and not much more than that, sorry

Link uses pegasis seeds, runs toward him, uses din's fire, casts quake, switch shot, repeat, and that is not even using Naru's love
from,
EE
Actually Ryu has more interesting moves than you'd think from just that article on him.

Gungnir
2007-04-24, 06:09 PM
Ryu Hayabusa pops in through a time vortex, hands off the True Black Dragon Sword, and kicks Link in the jewels.

Match is even now. Continue.

EvilElitest
2007-04-24, 07:39 PM
What are Ryu's moves might i ask?
from,
EE

Gungnir
2007-04-25, 08:19 AM
Well, apparently he can summon ninjas to kick his enemies in the manly bits.

Sephiroth
2007-04-25, 10:54 AM
which ryu the ninja or fighter

elliott20
2007-04-25, 10:57 AM
What are Ryu's moves might i ask?
from,
EE
depends on which incarnation of him you pick.

staple moves though, are a standard hadoken, a dragon punch, and a hurricane kick. Later versions also added the super versions of these moves.

Archonic Energy
2007-04-25, 11:05 AM
Ryu closes on Link to upper cut him...

Link stabs him with the master sword & drops a bomb on his corpse...
never bring fists to a knife fight!

EvilElitest
2007-04-25, 11:07 AM
Ryu closes on Link to upper cut him...

Link stabs him with the master sword & drops a bomb on his corpse...
never bring fists to a knife fight!

Yeah it seems like that
from,
EE

elliott20
2007-04-25, 11:10 AM
well, you got to remember ryu functions under the implicit anime rule, where fists can be as good as swords which can be as good as firearms. (If not better)

EvilElitest
2007-04-25, 11:25 AM
well, you got to remember ryu functions under the implicit anime rule, where fists can be as good as swords which can be as good as firearms. (If not better)

But under that rule link wins because of the anime rule of
"The silent guy is always awsome"
from,
EE

elliott20
2007-04-25, 11:31 AM
hmm... you do have a point there....

EvilElitest
2007-04-25, 11:33 AM
hmm... you do have a point there....

Yep and link can wear a hood in MM, making him even more anime powered:smallcool:
from,
EE

elliott20
2007-04-25, 11:38 AM
that and even all the ryu fanboy-age can be countered by the link fanboy-age

EvilElitest
2007-04-25, 11:55 AM
that and even all the ryu fanboy-age can be countered by the link fanboy-age

our fan boys have a church,
And are far more experienced in arguments

On a second note, i still don't know Ryu's powers other than matail arts, because that will not cut it. Does he have magic?
from,
EE

Setra
2007-04-25, 12:10 PM
our fan boys have a church,
And are far more experienced in arguments

On a second note, i still don't know Ryu's powers other than matail arts, because that will not cut it. Does he have magic?
from,
EE
I can't confirm this or not, but he may or may not be able to use the Shun Goku Satsu...

Which if I remember correctly, can drag people into hell. Though Wiki says otherwise, some people say he can, I can't say I've ever seen him use it though.

Either way, he can use the Satsui no Hadou, which is some form of powerup.

EvilElitest
2007-04-25, 12:12 PM
I can't confirm this or not, but he may or may not be able to use the Shun Goku Satsu...

Which if I remember correctly, can drag people into hell.

1. How does one avoid it?
2. Drag sombody into hell? Hmmmmm
from,
EE

Setra
2007-04-25, 12:15 PM
1. How does one avoid it?
2. Drag sombody into hell? Hmmmmm
from,
EE
Well it's somewhat slow moving, but if you're caught the only way to do it would be to clear your mind or something.

Link probably doesn't have the training to do it, but he might be able to survive it... maybe.

elliott20
2007-04-25, 12:40 PM
actually, that's where Wikipedia falls flat. The Shun Goku Satsu doesnt' actually drag you into hell so much that it's the intense damage done to the victim that it is akin to it.

how do you dodge it? in game, just do a slight hop and the move will miss you, since it's a grab move.

Sephiroth
2007-04-25, 12:44 PM
now link can't jump so he boned

Woot Spitum
2007-04-25, 12:50 PM

But he can sidestep.

elliott20
2007-04-25, 12:54 PM
and if we're going with the link in Soul Calibur 2, yes he can.

Sephiroth
2007-04-25, 12:56 PM
then yes he not boned unless ryu use his uper ball that fill the screen

elliott20
2007-04-25, 01:44 PM
I guess in the end, it depends on whose got the better player controlling thenm.

EvilElitest
2007-04-25, 01:57 PM

Why can't he jump might i ask?
from,
EE

elliott20
2007-04-25, 01:59 PM
because in most games you play him in, he's never been shown to have the power to jump. (except where he was scripted to be able to)

EvilElitest
2007-04-25, 02:37 PM
because in most games you play him in, he's never been shown to have the power to jump. (except where he was scripted to be able to)

Backflip. He only can't jump in the 2-D games
from,
EE

Setra
2007-04-25, 02:57 PM
Still, in Street Fighter there are times when you can beat the crap outta someone so fast they can't even fight back.

Scatman
2007-04-25, 06:54 PM
There is only one answer to this.
Use the link from super smash bros melee.Heres one thing I always wanted to say...
Mario can suck it, Link wins in SSBM.Link wins 2 out of 3 cpu matches when theyre both lv nine on final destination and battlefield.Mario wins on the rainbow place with flying carpets =P.
Anyones unless I hack a ROM we cant have a CPU fight against them....

Setra
2007-04-25, 07:25 PM
There is only one answer to this.
Use the link from super smash bros melee.Heres one thing I always wanted to say...
Mario can suck it, Link wins in SSBM.Link wins 2 out of 3 cpu matches when theyre both lv nine on final destination and battlefield.Mario wins on the rainbow place with flying carpets =P.
Anyones unless I hack a ROM we cant have a CPU fight against them....
Marth > All

Kultrum
2007-04-25, 07:35 PM
Ryu wins. He is used to fighting one on won were as link fights about a half dozen at a time and as Andrea the Giant said in "The Princess Bride" "you use differant moves when fighting a group"

Kultrum
2007-04-25, 07:36 PM
Marth > All

True Marth has the best reach and can dominate everywhere but the air (jigglypuff FTW)

Cybren
2007-04-25, 09:07 PM
Pretty sure Fox dominated all in SSBM, but that didn't stop me from playing samus. (or pikachu...)

Kultrum
2007-04-25, 09:41 PM
Pretty sure Fox dominated all in SSBM, but that didn't stop me from playing samus. (or pikachu...)

ya in super smash the 2 best (according to the top players) are marth and fox and I play jigglypuff and DR mario

EvilElitest
2007-04-26, 11:18 AM
Point remains, how does Ryu counter Giant's mask/Naru's love/Fiece Diety mask
from,
EE

elliott20
2007-04-26, 11:23 AM
he can't. That was one of the stipulations of the duel. The moment the mask or the triforce itself enters into the debate, Link automatically wins.

EvilElitest
2007-04-26, 11:35 AM
1. Double post
2. What about Giant's Mask
3. Ok screw that, sun song
4. Super upgraded master sword ahoy
5. Lots of other magic

Anyways, what are Ryu's super special awsome powers, because without them he is screwed
from,
EE

elliott20
2007-04-26, 12:42 PM
yeah, Ryu was basically just a martial artist. A really good one, no doubt. But he is still very much limited to being human. In a stand up fight? Sure, he can probably be quite the destructive force. But when faced against an opponent whose real power is beyond just being able to destroy things, but rather the ability to control and mold reality? he's got nothing.

PlatinumJester
2007-04-26, 01:19 PM
Depends on if Link had decent equipment. if he had master sword and hyrule shield he would win. However if he was in kid form he would lose due to lack of manhood.

If it was link vs Chun Li however, Chun Li would win due to sexyness and kick arse moves.

EvilElitest
2007-04-26, 02:03 PM
Depends on if Link had decent equipment. if he had master sword and hyrule shield he would win. However if he was in kid form he would lose due to lack of manhood.

If it was link vs Chun Li however, Chun Li would win due to sexyness and kick arse moves.

Even little link wins if he has items, but your right, if little link has not items other than sword and sheild and no magic, i would imagine Ryu would win'
from,
EE

Sephiroth
2007-04-27, 11:40 AM
if chun li was in it link would just look at her with his jaw drop and dead by looking ^^(unless he like men) and chun li would just kick him in da nut and he would
1 fall dead
2 cry
3 errr somthing very funny

EvilElitest
2007-04-27, 11:57 AM
if chun li was in it link would just look at her with his jaw drop and dead by looking ^^(unless he like men) and chun li would just kick him in da nut and he would
1 fall dead
2 cry
3 errr somthing very funny

What?
from,
EE

WampaX
2007-04-27, 12:50 PM
Voice of the Wampinator: Just to preserve everyone's sanity, consolidate to the A vs B thread.