PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Captain Kirk in Pathfinder

Venico
2015-06-03, 11:26 PM
So I've been wanting to put Captain Kirk in my world for awhile as a NPC Quest Giver of sorts. He'll be the captain of a ship that leads the party into unexplored territory out in the world. My only problem is, how to build him?

I was thinking Gunslinger but the issue with that is there are very few ways to incorporate unarmed damage into that class, and as we all know, you can't be Captain Kirk if you're not double fist punching people. Another issue is having a high charisma and actually using it.

All Paizo material is on the table, no 3.5 conversions or third party stuff.

So Giants, what would you suggest to put Captain Kirk in Pathfinder?

Geddy2112
2015-06-04, 01:53 AM
For a combat fighter that uses charisma, you are looking at a swashbuckler. I see Kirk as a Picaroon http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/swashbuckler/archetypes/paizo---swashbuckler-archetypes/picaroon
maybe with a dip in unarmed fighter for when things get hairy. The snake, monkey and kirin style feats are all pretty kirk. Wield a gun(phaser) in one hand and punch with the other. You could also consider grabbing style so you can grab with one hand and punch with the other

Like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VuIShM5kAQ

gartius
2015-06-04, 01:58 AM
My first thought when i hear kirk was actually brawler. Throw in some bard for the charisma stuffs and a level or two of gunslinger and you're good to go.

Probably id look at

brawler 4/bard 3/ gunslinger 5

This gets you the ability to deliver a knock out punch, dex to damage with guns, and he can inspire his crew to perform better.

VexingFool
2015-06-04, 02:25 AM
How about a Cavalier(Daring Champion) w/Order of the Hammer. Gets all the skills Kirk needs Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate and Sense Motive. Order of the Hammer gives some decent unarmed abilities. I think you could take Snake Style and be able to use Champions Finesse with your unarmed attacks. For his banner he could rip his shirt off and wave it around to inspire his allies.

Venico
2015-06-04, 05:06 PM
While the Picaroon is the closest to what I see him as, the Daring Champion (Order of the Hammer) seems the best way to incorporate scaling unarmed damage. Plus most of the Picaroon abilities require a light melee weapon in your off hand to work

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-04, 05:16 PM
I honestly think that he'd be a Warrior 2/Expert 1 with high Charisma. He solves most of his fights through superior technology (it doesn't matter what your Strength is when you have a phaser, and they're probably ranged touch to boot) or out-thinking his foes (e.g. the entirety of Arena), not through brute force. He'd probably have Improved Unarmed Strike for the times that he does punch people, but I don't think anyone in the Star Trek universe is above maybe 5th level (with the exception of unusual beings like Q and Guinan).

If you want a kirk-type character, though, you'll want Picaroon or Order of the Hammer Cavalier.