PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to take it the hardest?

Megalomaniac2
2007-04-23, 05:43 PM
So the Order of the Stick has presumably just seen their leader do his Hans Gruber imitation, or will soon learn about it. The guy who founded them, brought them together, and has led them for about four and a half hundred strips is currently lying on a rocky plain with his organs leaking into the spaces between his shattered bones.

So, yeah. Not good. Who's going to take this the hardest?

Durkon, who's been Roy's best friend and companion for years now?

Elan, who's just lost his surrogate big brother?

Vaarsuvius, with his/her eternal respect, cordiality, and loyalty towards 'Sir Greenhilt'?

Haley, who likes and respects Roy but has never been that close to him, but has thus far been the Angst Queen?

Belkar, just because Rich enjoys screwing with us?

What are they all going to do now? Hell, what are WE gonna do now??

jindra34
2007-04-23, 05:44 PM
Elan ELan ELan

Wrecan
2007-04-23, 05:47 PM
I think Durkon will, as Roy is the only human he ever actually respected.

Elan is going to be the second-most devastated and will vow to avenge his death in true dashing swordsman style.

Belkar is third, since he's going to feel totally taken by the Oracle -- this is not what he meant by "causing" someone's death.

Vaarsuvius next, though elves probably deal with humans coming and going in and out of their lives with frequency. I mean, Roy was probably going to die of old age in the next fifty years anyway.

Haley last. She will be saddened, though she'll be mollified to know that Roy's possessions didn't take falling damage and are perfectly salvagable.

Assassinfox
I'd say either Elan or Celia.

Then again, after she utterly failed to save Roy's life, I'm kinda suspicious of Celia's feelings for him.

Duffren
Elan. He loved Roy to death.

(Haha!)

Threeshades
2007-04-23, 05:49 PM
Elan ELan ELan

I second that.

jindra34
2007-04-23, 05:50 PM
I second that.

no your fourthing it...

Threeshades
2007-04-23, 05:51 PM
no your fourthing it...

i got triple ninja'ed

Balathustrius
2007-04-23, 05:57 PM
Hopefully, the loss of his bodyguard will spell the end for Hinjo.

I wonder how Miko will take the news? She did think he was in league with Xykon, after all. :smallamused:

Setra
2007-04-23, 05:58 PM
Elan

:miko: That filthy honourless dog has finally met his end! He should have known that evil turns on itself!

Spleen
2007-04-23, 05:59 PM
Elan. Speaking of, did anyone else find it really sad that Roy dies just as he comes to terms with Elan? And Elan will probably never know?

I also hope that Elan never gets wise that the potion Roy wasted due to him could have (possibly) saved his life. :(

MeklorIlavator
2007-04-23, 06:04 PM
Elan. Speaking of, did anyone else find it really sad that Roy dies just as he comes to terms with Elan? And Elan will probably never know?
Considering we know that Azure city has the means to cast true resurrection, a simpler resurrection spell would not be out of bounds, so I think Elan will know.

Twilight Jack
2007-04-23, 06:05 PM
I think Elan and Durkon will form a tag-team of Roy-venging, Roy-paging destruction. Belkar makes three once he realizes that avenging Roy involves more bloodshed and stabbity death.

Spleen
2007-04-23, 06:08 PM
Considering we know that Azure city has the means to cast true resurrection, a simpler resurrection spell would not be out of bounds, so I think Elan will know.

HUSH. You're ruining my immersion! And my emotional moment!

Querzis
2007-04-23, 06:33 PM
Durkon. Sure Elan would be sad but Roy is not only Durkon best friend, he is the only friend he ever got that isnt a dwarf and he cant go back to his homeland. At least Elan got Haley. After Roy death, Durkon would be alone and it woudnt surprise me if he leave his post to go to the tower, get the diamond (or even steal it) and raise Roy fast.

NeonRonin
2007-04-23, 06:51 PM
I'd say a tie between Elan and Durkon; one losing his best non-dwarven friend, the other losing the closest thing he's ever had to a brother. (Sorry Nale, but you're not a very good fraternal figure.)

Celia would probably take it pretty hard, given how close(literally) they got on New Year's Eve.

Vaarsuvius? Hard to say, given how emotionally detached s/he tends to be around non-elves.

Haley? Yeah, she'd be upset over losing the team commander and a good friend, not to mention... say, is that armor masterwork? (Sounds of cash registers going off as an Appraise check of the Starmetal greatsword takes place...)

Still, I'm hoping the sadness is short-lived when Roy returns via Resurrection.

Lizard Lord
2007-04-23, 06:56 PM
I always thought the death of any member of the Oots would hit Elan harder then any of the others.

hrak
2007-04-23, 06:58 PM
Elan and Celia.

Jades
2007-04-23, 07:07 PM
Haley would take it harder than y'all are sayin'. She isn't emotionally devoid and completely overwhelmed with greed.

As we learned in Origin

Haley isn't really that greedy, if she was she would have left the guild long before she did.

She only wants the money to pay the ransom for her father.

Rai Thunder
2007-04-23, 07:09 PM

Then again, after she utterly failed to save Roy's life, I'm kinda suspicious of Celia's feelings for him.

Actually, considering that he couldn't break the talisman, I don't think it's her fault. She will take it pretty hard though.

However, I have to agree with everyone and say Elan. He's the most emotional character in the entire story - but I'd love to see him swear revenge! :smallwink:

Assassinfox
2007-04-23, 07:12 PM
Actually, considering that he couldn't break the talisman, I don't think it's her fault. She will take it pretty hard though.

What if she intentionally gave him a bogus talisman?

Sneak
2007-04-23, 07:17 PM
I would probably say Durkon, on the inside at least. On the outside, he probably won't show much except for maybe a lone tear. He's the kind that likes to bottle things up.

But Elan, on the other hand, will also take it hard, and he's more of the 'cry your eyes out' type.

And I think Belkar will take it the hardest after those two. Now he has no one to mess with! :'(

Oh, and...if Roy gets raised as a zombie, that would be neat. In a brain gobbling kinda way, that is.

Sotextli
2007-04-23, 08:14 PM
I would probably say Durkon, on the inside at least. On the outside, he probably won't show much except for maybe a lone tear. He's the kind that likes to bottle things up.

It'd be interesting to see whether or not Roy's death might trigger an emotional breakdown from Durkon, especially because of all of the hardships he's been through. Might be the straw that broke the camel's back.

The honest illusionist
2007-04-23, 08:17 PM
Celia will probably take it the hardest.

Especially since she decided to make her talisman extra durable.

Charity322
2007-04-23, 08:20 PM
Elan and Durkon.

Kriel
2007-04-23, 08:26 PM
What if she intentionally gave him a bogus talisman?

We don't know if it's bogus. Yes, Roy couldn't break it, but that's how it is with magic items in general. Besides, how much would any of you care to bet that whatever Roy was formulating just before hitting the ground would have been able to break it and save his bacon?

And yes, I'd say it would be a tie between Elan and Durkon.

1337_master
2007-04-23, 08:26 PM
Easily Elan, I mean. Everyone else really likes Roy, but elan...Yeah.

eilandesq
2007-04-23, 08:44 PM
That's easy--Roy, when he awakens after Durkon casts Resurrection on him and finds out that Elan and Belkar are now higher level than he is. . .:amused:

Gaelbert
2007-04-23, 08:48 PM
I'd have to say Elan. He might even swear a blood oath.

Yellow
2007-04-23, 09:29 PM
Elan. Yeah, Durkon's close to Roy too, but Elan is less emotionally mature.

Durkon will be in mourning, but Elan will be devestated. Unless his bardic knowledge gives him insight to the Heroic Ressurection.

Mnemosyne
2007-04-23, 09:43 PM
Elan.

Durkon is strong enough to deal with this. Elan isn't. Not yet, at least.

Gandal
2007-04-23, 09:51 PM

Um...the talisman needed to break in order to summon her.
And she most probably was not in Azure City.

Brickman
2007-04-23, 09:52 PM
Its a tough call. Elan's not emotionally stable while Durkon is, but Durkon and Roy were far closer. I'd have to go with this being one of the handful of plotlines where Durkon proves he's not just taking up a slot in the party in terms of character development/depth/humor (and not humor in this case).

Nathander
2007-04-23, 10:00 PM
I'd have to say either Elan, Durkon, or Celia, as many of the others have said. While I think Elan would generally take it the hardest, I feel there's the possibility that he may simply break down about it when he hears about it, instead of going for immediate vengeance.

Durkon, on the other hand, may attempt to, considering he's a high level cleric. With enough buffs cast on himself, he could probably cut through most of the hobgobs that come for him and turn most of the undead as he makes his way to Roy's body (though, again, this is really just a possibility I'm thinking of). Of course, there could be immediate trouble if he runs into the Heucuva (sp?) or Redcloak comes to confront him.

And while I think Celia would genuinely take it hard, she may not even know he i dead until possibly after he's resurrected (if he is resurrected, which I'm expecting).

idioscosmos
2007-04-23, 10:18 PM
In the long run I'd say Durkon. Dwarves are generally known for a fondness for oaths of vengance no matter who's talking about them - even if he can't level up high enough to do it himself, this is the sort of thing a Dwarf would have sons/daughters just to pass the oath of vengance on to (which suits me - I LIKED Hilga). On the other hand Elan can't always remember his own name, and Elves seem to think of humans as companions the same way humans regard gerbils as pets - cute, but don't get too attached 'cos it won't be here for very long.

fwiffo
2007-04-23, 10:54 PM
None of the ones listed. Of all the OOTS members, Roy's death will be hardest on Roy.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-24, 01:31 PM
Everyone else really likes Roy, but elan...Yeah.

Yes. Hence they make fun of him and draw on him when he's paralysed.

happyturtle
2007-04-24, 01:54 PM
Elan will take it the hardest. Elan lives in the present. When it's party time, no one is more joyful than Elan, and he will feel sorrow just as deeply.

Durkon will mourn stoically. He has a much longer term view of life, and he has a lot of practice at bottling up his feelings.

Haley will have to hold it together for Elan, and she will also have her inner voices telling her that it's her fault and if she had only done _______ then it would have turned out okay.

I don't know about V and Belkar.

Brickman
2007-04-24, 02:08 PM
I seriously think we're going to see some emotion besides "anger" and "he's funny" from Belkar. He may be comedic relief, but even comedic relief is sometimes allowed to respond to major plot twists like a death, at least temporarily, and he has to have liked Roy to have kept going with him (the only time we ever saw him struggle against the Mark was when he couldn't fight, never about following Roy, and before and after that the one reference he ever made of ditching Roy was "Hey, that's a good idea" when Roy tells Miko he could have). Roy did plenty of things for Belkar and he knows it, and he did describe him as "loyal" to Miko in the trial scene climax.

WarriorTribble
2007-04-24, 02:18 PM
I'd go with Haley. The order will simply attempt to either get a resurrection from the city, or cough up the 5k Durkon needs. So, the only person who has anything to mourn is Haley either due to loss of cash, or when she realizes they definitely could've gotten a free rez if Elan's coupon wasn't wasted on the Linear guild.

Sean92k
2007-04-24, 02:22 PM
I think Elan will break down and sob in hysterics realised hes gained some points from roleplay and mourn a bit more stoicly. I think Roy's death will seriously wreck Durkon maybe somesort of emotional breakdown, he might even go like haley and not be able to talk. But Roy's death will be a natural 100 with a +80 scyth to Durkon

Holy_Knight
2007-04-24, 02:24 PM
Elan will take it the hardest. Elan lives in the present. When it's party time, no one is more joyful than Elan, and he will feel sorrow just as deeply.

I agree--Elan feels the most deeply of anyone in the order, and Roy is the one person he cares about almost as much as he does Haley. I'd be surprised if he didn't swear vengeance of some kind.

I think Elan and Durkon will form a tag-team of Roy-venging, Roy-paging destruction.
This would be really cool.

Actually, I found it kind of happy, rather than sad (not Roy's dying, I mean his thoughts about Elan and Haley.) I don't see it as Roy finally coming to grips with Elan; rather, I think it reflects that he really does care about Elan despite being aggravated by him a lot--just as you'd expect of an older sibling toward his brother.

Does anyone else think we're going to see a mad dash to Roy's body? Either as a "he can't really be dead, we have to save him!" thing, or a "we won't let them defile his corpse, let's imitate Achilles when Patroclus died" one?

Sean92k
2007-04-24, 02:32 PM
I think if Elan saw his is gonna have some sort of internal monologue and then go sprinting through the goblins to have a emotional "why roy he was so young. Teh best one of all" sorta thing and then confess his feelings for him

shaddy_24
2007-04-24, 09:30 PM
I think Durkon will buff himself up as far as possible and make a break for Roy's body. Roy was his friend and Durkon will loyaly try to save his friend and leader. The rest of the order will join in his charge and a 5 level 12-13 characters will carve a bloody path through the army to Roy's body. The heuacuva and the eye may try to stop them, but 5 level 12-13s? The order will rip them apart. Even Belkar will run, for his own reasons.

Tawkis
2007-04-24, 10:57 PM
I say Haley. She is the one who now has to face up to her insecurities and get the rest of the order out of this mess. I imagine she'll be furious at him first though.
Sure Elan will be a wreck but his responsibilities haven't really changed. Durkon can probably come to terms and accept the fact that Roy is with his ancestors.
I doubt Belkar will care much and V is pretty stoic.

Brickman
2007-04-24, 10:59 PM
Umm, nobody will find out he's dead until after the fight. Roy clearly did NOT land anywhere on the battlefield and was out of both sight range and range for any featherfall-type spells. He landed a good way out from where all the other party members were; there aren't even hobgoblins around him. So their reactions will not involve changing battle strategy, because by the time they know the battle will be over.

Lizard Lord
2007-04-24, 11:09 PM
Umm, nobody will find out he's dead until after the fight. Roy clearly did NOT land anywhere on the battlefield and was out of both sight range and range for any featherfall-type spells. He landed a good way out from where all the other party members were; there aren't even hobgoblins around him. So their reactions will not involve changing battle strategy, because by the time they know the battle will be over.

I think they would see him get blasted out of the sky. Something like that is kinda hard to miss.

thegreatmightynerd
2007-04-24, 11:57 PM
Paris Hilton, she's been taking it hard for years.

Brickman
2007-04-25, 12:06 AM
You'd think it'd be hard to miss, but remember that they're drowning in an endless sea of their own foes, who are a lot closer. And mid-battle, you're gonna pay more attention to the guys right in front of you you can do something about than the one-on-one that's barely visible if at all and out of spell range.

Tharr
2007-04-25, 12:21 AM
The ground took news very hard maybe now its time for Banjo to lead.

Iranon
2007-04-25, 12:23 AM
Belkar.

Durkon will be saddened by the loss (indeed, the rare human he actually respected), but it will comfort him to no end that Roy died in heroic combat. Especially if what is left of Azure city honours him as something of a national hero.

Vaarsuvius seems detached enough to postpone mourning until time is appropriate. If he feels the need at all, given how humans die left, right and centre without anyone helping.

Haley seems to appreciate Roy mostly as a responsible commander (even though she is technically second-in-command, she knows she couldn't be that. Evidenced after the first fight with the Linear Guild when Durkon was missing). I doubt they were close in any shape of form.

Elan will take the loss of his 'big brother' hard. However, he too will take comfort in the circumstances. Roy went out in a blaze of glory battling an undead sorcerer after recklessly jumping onto his undead dragon. That's the stuff to write an epic about, and I could see him just doing that in the unlikely case we won't see Roy again. Naturally, Roy is unlikely to appreciate his efforts from the afterlife...

Belkar however... will feel cheated and robbed of his prediction by the Oracle. He will have lost his current meaning of life (driving Roy up the wall). He will worry about his Mark of Justice and whether he needs to fashion Roy's skull into a codpiece or something. And he will have to find some other righteous person to try to keep him in check.

Definitely Belkar.

Icewalker
2007-04-25, 12:39 AM
I'd say some people, including Elan, will be mourning.

Then, quickly, either V or Haley will point out resurrection. No more mourning. Why is basically nobody acknowledging the existance of this spell? Death isn't a big deal in dnd...

Demented
2007-04-25, 12:45 AM
You're kidding, right? Just about everyone with lungs is acknowledging resurrection.

Pakka
2007-04-25, 01:07 AM
Elan will be the most affected I think, as he has lost his brother. One who he has only just discovered actually likes him.

Celia will take it poorly also, but she will also be quick enough to know that he can be brought back easy enough. But I suspect she is going to be down right angry as the cause of his demise.

Good Luck & Good Hunting
Pakka

Jawajoey
2007-04-25, 01:32 AM
Elan. He's pretty emotional, and very much looks up to Roy. He doesn't think about about the future very often, only what's important at the moment. Plus being dimwitted, he won't be the one to point out or realize that Roy can just be rezzed.

Belkar- Shocked more than anything.
Haley- Shocked and sad, but not crushed like Elan.
V- Disheartened, but able to move on
Durkon- Extremely sad, but he'll take it like a dwarf. Much like he took his breakup with Hilgya, I imagine. Mourn, accept it, move on, and bottle up everything else.

Durkon and V will definitely realize that he can be rezzed, though. Haley too, probably. Beklar and Elan will probably be told that before they figure it out on their own.

But that assumes they can get to his corpse. If they don't get his body, matters are worse.

Angafirith
2007-04-25, 01:45 AM
The answer is obviously Roy. I mean, look at him. He just took 20d6 falling damage! I'd say hitting the ground hit him pretty hard.

Okay, you want an actual serious answer?

I'm going to say Julia. Even though they don't really seem to get along, he is her brother. I'd at least hope that it counts for something.

V Junior
2007-04-25, 02:12 AM
EVERYONE will take it very, very hard. Possibly the most powerful PC has been killed, and so how the heck are they going to stop him?

Now is a really good time to get your power, V, now is a really good time!

happyturtle
2007-04-25, 02:17 AM
I'm going to say Julia. Even though they don't really seem to get along, he is her brother. I'd at least hope that it counts for something.

As many times as Dad was resurrected, she'll probably take it in stride. ('I can't believe you went up against that lich by yourself, loser! How stupid is that? Serves you right losing a level.') Unless he gets undead-ed. That would hurt.

Icewalker
2007-04-25, 02:36 AM
You're kidding, right? Just about everyone with lungs is acknowledging resurrection.

Well, on this I'd say both of our comments are exaggeration.

The loudest people are chatting about how the unwritten rules of literature say you shouldn't bring back a character who dies or it isn't climactic.

And there are a lot of people wishing he wouldn't come back because they don't like im.

Malik
2007-04-25, 03:44 AM
Belkar.

Belkar however... will feel cheated and robbed of his prediction by the Oracle. He will have lost his current meaning of life (driving Roy up the wall). He will worry about his Mark of Justice and whether he needs to fashion Roy's skull into a codpiece or something. And he will have to find some other righteous person to try to keep him in check.

Definitely Belkar.

I think belkar would find that amusing more than anything.

Dectilon
2007-04-25, 05:37 AM
There's a question. If someone is turned into an undead, can you ressurect them?

Like the majority seems to think I'll go with Elan. Everyone else will be upset, chocked and angry but they all know that he can be ressurected. Elan might be too dumb to realise it. On the other hand, he's a bard so his lore skill should be really high... : /

I wonder how Miko will act though. If she saw Roy fighting Xykon, and Xykon attacking and killing Roy, will that be proof enough to convince her he wasn't evil? (Most likely not, but who knows...)

Albion
2007-04-25, 06:15 AM
thog.

Roy's father. No father should have to bury his son, oh wait, he's dead too... well even so, now his ghosting around has no purpose, the blood oath won't be fulfilled. Well, unless he starts bugging Julia.

Dectilon
2007-04-25, 04:19 PM
Oooooh... I'm getting images of Roy ressurecting himself through sheer force of will just to get away from his dad.

"I told you so! Had you been a mage this would never have happened! But why would you listen to your father? I've only been in this world more than twice as long as you."

whitedog20
2007-04-25, 04:23 PM
Me, im going to greive the most, mostly cuz now I cant kill him myself!!!

oh well...at least his blood wont wash off o' me :smallbiggrin:

just like Black Belt...:smallfrown:

R.I.P BB

titan_monarch
2007-04-25, 04:48 PM
There's a question. If someone is turned into an undead, can you ressurect them?
I'm not sure who'll take it the hardest, though I agree with the general consensus of the thread.

As far as I know, not even True Resurrection will allow you to resurrect the undead. However, I have occasionally played D&D games where I've house-ruled in that it is possible - since you don't need a body to do the spell, you could conceivably just perform the spell anyway, which would rip the undead's spirit from his corpse, and rehouse it in a newly created living body. Ta-da!

But no, the rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/trueResurrection.htm) say it can't be done with undead, UNLESS the undead creature is first killed. So if Roy is turned into a zombie, the OotS could kill him, then perform a True Resurrection to restore him to his old body, all stats/levels intact.

whitedog20
2007-04-25, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=Assassinfox;2461920]I'd say either Elan or Celia.

Celia... or wait, no...just no not celia, you see Roy isnt dead hes just...just...oh I cant take it anymore!!!! I didnt get to kill him!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!:smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown: :smallfrown:

archon_huskie
2007-04-25, 05:01 PM
I think Roy took it the hardest.

Sigh if only he had thrown the tailsman at the ground. It would have hit first and taken 20d6 damage. That should have broken it.

Elven Paladin
2007-04-25, 05:04 PM
While I wanted to say Belkar at first (just to get to see a different side to him really) I think I'd much rather prefer to see Durkon wading through a hobgoblin/undead horde towards his friend's corpse.

Vulion
2007-04-25, 05:08 PM
I'd say either Elan, Durkon or Celia.

whitedog20
2007-04-25, 05:24 PM
I think Roy took it the hardest.

Ok archon we're talkin aboot people that are LIVING. although, heheh that is pretty funny hehe roy took it the hardest ehheh.

But I think Rich is gonna make Roy not dead. He's gonna be all like "ooooh that was some fall", just to show us all. :smallcool:

Zel
2007-04-25, 06:42 PM
Probably Durkon, for the above mentioned reasons. I would say Elan but I doubt he can comprehend the implications of death the way that Durkon is capable of. I imagine a teary-eyed Durkon explaining death to Elan in simple terms, as if you were telling a 4 year-old that his puppy died.

"Roy won't be getting up to play anymore, and he won't be able breathe or eat or do anything else that alive people do. Do you understand, Elan?"

mockingbyrd7
2007-04-25, 06:47 PM
Hopefully, the loss of his bodyguard will spell the end for Hinjo.

I wonder how Miko will take the news? She did think he was in league with Xykon, after all. :smallamused:

I just realized what the end of the next strip might be.

:miko: Miko is watching the battle out of her cell and after a couple panels she sees Roy :roy: splatter against the ground. At first, she is shocked. :smalleek: Then, slowly, her surprised expression fades and ever so slightly twists into a malicious smirk..... :smallamused:

ANYWAYS: This is a very interesting thread, and it's hard to say.

I'd say Elan or Durkon will take it hardest, as both of them undebatably consider Roy their best friend. Elan is more public when it comes to his feelings, but Durkon may take it just as hard even if he doesn't show it.

Belkar will probably be third, but for a different reason. As the original poster stated, Rich could screw with us, but I think he'll be third because he'll realize that technically he "caused the death of" Roy by giving him the ring.

Haley may explode because, since she's second-in-command, she may come to the conclusion (whether it's right or wrong) that she has to lead the train-wreck now. Also, she was on very good terms with Roy and after all, also at the original poster said, she has been the angsty emotional punching bag of the series.

V was friendly with him and had high respect for him, but I doubt he/she'd take it hardest. Hard, perhaps, but not harder than Durkon or Elan.

mockingbyrd7
2007-04-25, 07:02 PM
Probably Durkon, for the above mentioned reasons. I would say Elan but I doubt he can comprehend the implications of death the way that Durkon is capable of. I imagine a teary-eyed Durkon explaining death to Elan in simple terms, as if you were telling a 4 year-old that his puppy died.

"Roy won't be getting up to play anymore, and he won't be able breathe or eat or do anything else that alive people do. Do you understand, Elan?"

While I wanted to say Belkar at first (just to get to see a different side to him really) I think I'd much rather prefer to see Durkon wading through a hobgoblin/undead horde towards his friend's corpse.

Sorry for the double-post, but I don't know how to edit and quote, and thought this warranted its own post. After reading these couple posts, I guess I tend to agree that Durkon will take it hardest.

Or, even better, Elan and Durkon wade together in some sort of back-to-back epic battle sequence. Or perhaps even BETTER, Elan and Durkon are wading through, Elan falls, Durkon keeps going, slinging Elan over his shoulder. All the while the Huecuva and Durkon will be racing to get to Roy's corpse first (the Huecuva to zombify him, Durkon to protect him from zombification) and have some incredible duel that may not resolve immediately.

Rai Thunder
2007-04-25, 07:06 PM
While I earlier stated that Elan would take it the worst, I'm thinking. Belkar is the only other member of the order currently "down there" with the Hobgoblins, Elan and Haley are up on the wall, V is presumably inside the castle grounds and nobody knows where Durkon is. Belkar could be the first to notice.

What if something inside him snaps? The only person restricting him from causing mayhem would be dead. However, Belkar does seem to have some respect for Roy, albeit potentially small. With him dead, and Belkar's MOJ still active, then I reckon Belkar will lose it and go on a vengeful attack against the Hobgoblins and Xykon.

Which, he will deny and put down to force of habit if questioned. He doesn't like to show consideration for others.

Lemur
2007-04-25, 08:26 PM
Elan's going to try to replace Roy's role in the group as "grumpy fighter guy", only he'll just screw it up in the end.

In the unlikely situation he succeeds, he'll probably undergo a transformation similar to Enzo->Matrix, for you Reboot fans out there.

Geilan
2007-04-25, 08:39 PM
just like Black Belt...:smallfrown:

R.I.P BB

BB had it coming, and I laughed hysterically when he went all "blood fountain" when he got rezzed. Roy'll come back somehow or other, by Rez, Undeadification, or sheer force of will to get away from dear old dad. Maybe he could get divine'd and come back as an angel or something. The whole "Divine Intervention" schtick. That'd be sweet. Flaming Undead Bane Greatsword anyone?

jindra34
2007-04-25, 08:40 PM
BB had it coming, and I laughed hysterically when he went all "blood fountain" when he got rezzed. Roy'll come back somehow or other, by Rez, Undeadification, or sheer force of will to get away from dear old dad. Maybe he could get divine'd and come back as an angel or something. That'd be sweet. Flaming Undead Bane Greatsword anyone?

My honest vote is on Roy ascending...

thegreatmightynerd
2007-04-25, 10:42 PM
Belkar, Belkar respected Roy completely whether or not he admitted it. If he didn't he never would have worked for him.

Haruki-kun
2007-04-25, 10:48 PM
Elan will take it the hardest. Roy's almost like a fatherly figure to him. Besides, he's the most childish.

Durkon....... well we saw his reaction. I thought he'd feel a LITTLE sad........

Haley reacted a I thought she would.........

Belkar will be stunned for a few moments, but get over it before the others.

Vaarsuvius will take it as an honorable thing and respect him. Sad, but not enough to lose his composture.

Celia will BAWL HER EYES OUT AND BE MISERABLE FOREVER AND EVER.

Tharr
2007-04-25, 10:53 PM
The new fighter teacher in the heavens will take hardest in likely.

Snipers_Promise
2007-04-25, 10:58 PM
I think Elan will take it the hardest.
Thog would also be out of a job. My plot point scences are tinggiling.

Brickman
2007-04-25, 11:37 PM
Well, Durkon just officially stopped me from liking him any more than V. Really, making a character that responds to everything exactly the opposite of how the reader/other characters expect is funny for a bit, but when you apply it to something like this I just can't put any stock in Durkon anymore. Shame, he was a decent character during his moments, but to actually be "happy" (even if he's just pretending).

Haley, of course, reacted perfectly.

LarsWester
2007-04-25, 11:59 PM
Brickman. Durkon was being the perfect dwarf there. He's reaction is very dwarvish and I like it. I read the strip before this thread and the strip seemed like how they would react. Honestly, I think Haley is the most misunderstood PC because people miss that she really isn't that greedy afterall. She's a very loyal and loving person and it wasn't shocking to see her reaction. Durkon's reaction I accept as being how it should be with a dwarf.

archon_huskie
2007-04-26, 12:19 AM
Yea. Durkon acted in accordance with his culture.

stop oppressing his people!

Twisted Otaku
2007-04-26, 12:32 AM

However, I have to agree with everyone and say Elan. He's the most emotional character in the entire story - but I'd love to see him swear revenge! :smallwink:

wouldn't that be awesome to see elan do some serious ass whooping? I mean some serious zoro skills. I'd pay to see that

Twisted Otaku
2007-04-26, 12:36 AM
Yes. Hence they make fun of him and draw on him when he's paralysed.

That's what we call brotherly love

Geilan
2007-04-26, 05:26 AM
That's what we call brotherly love

I've heard it called "boredom" before..

cavalier973
2007-04-26, 05:31 AM
So the Order of the Stick has presumably just seen their leader do his Hans Gruber imitation, or will soon learn about it. The guy who founded them, brought them together, and has led them for about four and a half hundred strips is currently lying on a rocky plain with his organs leaking into the spaces between his shattered bones.

So, yeah. Not good. Who's going to take this the hardest?

Durkon, who's been Roy's best friend and companion for years now?

Elan, who's just lost his surrogate big brother?

Vaarsuvius, with his/her eternal respect, cordiality, and loyalty towards 'Sir Greenhilt'?

Haley, who likes and respects Roy but has never been that close to him, but has thus far been the Angst Queen?

Belkar, just because Rich enjoys screwing with us?

What are they all going to do now? Hell, what are WE gonna do now??

Angst Queen Haley would be a cool name for a rock'n'roll band

cavalier973
2007-04-26, 05:32 AM
BB had it coming, and I laughed hysterically when he went all "blood fountain" when he got rezzed. Roy'll come back somehow or other, by Rez, Undeadification, or sheer force of will to get away from dear old dad. Maybe he could get divine'd and come back as an angel or something. The whole "Divine Intervention" schtick. That'd be sweet. Flaming Undead Bane Greatsword anyone?

Can angels die in the DND universe?

RMS Oceanic
2007-04-26, 05:45 AM
Yea. Durkon acted in accordance with his culture.

stop oppressing his people!

QFT. Admittedly, he took it better than I expected, but I fully appreciate his cultural viewpoint. Besides, I don't think he has no intention of reviving Roy (for Belkar was probably right in saying he'd have revived him, if he had the components). He's just prioritising. Abandoning his post (a capital offence in Dwarven culture) to save one man is not as important as driving back the Lich hellbent on subjugating the world.

Haley acted pretty much spot on in my own predictions. I both can't wait and dread seeing Elan's reactions.