PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Natural Spell, Spell Combat, and a wolf with Feral combat training

Dardrinxoxo
2015-06-04, 03:55 AM
My brother wants me to come up with a build which uses his characters wolf Bite as his attack.
The idea I am playing around with is using the magus to augment his character.

However, I am unsure if he can use spell strike while in wolf form: cast spell --> bite

Assuming he took level dips where appropriate to gain access to Natural Spell, would he then be able to use the magus 'Spell combat' and 'spellstrike' abilities to apply the spell to his bite?

Spell combat requires a free hand to cast with, but could that be bypassed if he can cast normally without it because of Natural spell? He would have four paws free i guess if he needed something to wave around as the requirement.

Thanks

Psyren
2015-06-04, 08:47 AM
Spell combat requires a free hand to cast with, but could that be bypassed if he can cast normally without it because of Natural spell?

No - you can cast spells thanks to Natural Spell, but Spell Combat is a separate ability and still requires a free hand.

Assuming he took level dips where appropriate to gain access to Natural Spell, would he then be able to use the magus 'Spell combat' and 'spellstrike' abilities to apply the spell to his bite?

If you have a hybrid wolf form that has hands, then yes. Otherwise no.

You can combine Natural Spell and Spellstrike just fine, but not Spell Combat.