PDA

View Full Version : Tzaltec Reunion of Eastern Families [Empire!]

TheDarkDM
2015-06-04, 04:56 AM
Tzaltec Reunion of Eastern Families

As the friends of Tzalteclan arrived in the holy city, it was to a surprising lack of fanfare. Oh to be sure, their ships were greeted with the customary shower of flower petals from the Gates of Nezetkhamun, and their feet were spared the long walk up the city mesa by doughty palanquin bearers, but rather than debauched festivity the streets showed the mundane life of the Tzaltec people. Children ran through alleyways kicking leather balls, men and women milled about artisan shops, and every now and again a slave work detail worked diligently at maintaining the vast sprawl. There was the scent of spiced kebabs and incense in the air, and the azure sky above was cloudless, welcoming the light of an abnormally golden sun. In the far distance the Xiuhtlatokalis loomed, but in the daylight the silken banners and golden adornments served to make the towering black edifice somehow less terrifying. It was not until they reached the great golden sunburst of the Imperial Plaza that the first signs of preparation could be seen, as the steppes of the Teotlkan's palace were draped not only with the colors of Tzalteclan but also with those of every family who had graced the city with their presence. The gates to the palace were open, awaiting their arrival, and what was more the great golden portal to the Teotlkan's throne room yawned, ready to receive the children of empires with the pomp they deserved.

Gengy
2015-06-04, 08:25 AM
Praeclarus

In recent years, the Regnum has been attending events with a certain degree of dignity. Recently crowned Rex Fozik has insisted on more then just walking up out of the water, which was fairly standard for the time of Sanctus Makgrull B'tman. Palanquins, carried by teams of guardsmen, were carried out of the seas and onto the shore and this has become the new norm for the Regnum of Praeclarus when sending dignitaries to International events.

It is with some surprise, then, that there is no such fanfare for the two Makgrull that arrive. In fact, there is no fanfare at all. They just... walk out of the water. One of the two guides the other, and based on the confidence of his stride and the way some of the older Tzaltec guardsmen react, it's obvious the leading Makgrull has been here before.

The other... looks around mystified. And a little scared. But trying not to show either.

For all that there are just two Makgrull here, Praeclarus does not insult Tzalteclan with it's choice of representatives. Being groomed to be the next Chief Praestes, son of the former Sanctus, and once ward of Tzalteclan, G'ninb actually has a smirk on his face for a second upon seeing his old stomping grounds. The fact that his companion is not some Orator, but instead, the heir apparent and son of Rex Fozik, should also appease any whom might feel slighted at such a small delegation. Kremitz appears determined to be here, though the two Makgrull are arguing with each other in a series of clicks and squeaks the whole way to the Imperial Plaza.

::Kremitz, I keep telling you, I can handle this!:: G'ninb chirps angrily.

::And as I tell you, brother-of-my-sister's-husband,:: Kremitz was used to throwing his weight around, and it was actually something of a delight to have someone outside of his siblings argue with him, ::I'm here for my own curiosity. I've chased you all the way from Praeclarus, I'm not stopping just outside the gates. My father wouldn't allow it.::

::Your father does not even know you are here!::

::That's only because he wouldn't listen to me again.::

::The Everchanging's Grey Eye! You sound nothing like a man of over forty years. Tzalteclan will pick up on this, and treat you like the child you act like. Get over yourself!::

::You get over yourself. You may be an expert at Tzalteclan, but allowing you to come here alone is foolish, even for my father.::

::We're - no, I - am only supposed to observe. Sending me was the best choice. The fact that you followed me,:: G'ninb waved his arms in frustration, ::only meant that now I have to protect you, if anything should happen.::

::Which, as you've said several times, it won't.::

::Jongo! You're worse then my wife!::

::Considering how much of an indomitable Maighdeann Lady Jiana is, I take that as a compliment!:: Kremitz was eye to eye with G'ninb, and the two of them just stared at each for a moment, before pulling away.

::Fine.:: G'ninb said, quietly. ::You are here now. I must see you home safely, or your father will have me turned into Sea Wurm chow. Anything left of me, and I'm sure your sister will convince my own brother to let the Whales munch upon. So that means you listen to me while we are here, got it? I don't care if you think you outrank me. Tzaltec people won't be impressed that your father is now Rex instead of Duc. They won't care that you are now the son of a king, rather then of a lord. They answer to a dragon so ancient, even a team of Belua couldn't hope to challenge it. If you think you know what fear is, you know nothing. I grew up here. I know what to fear, and what to laugh at, and how to hide my true feelings. So you will listen to me, or we both may die purely by accident.::

Gengy cannot trade. Kremitz and G'ninb are here purely to be here. No actions have been spent for attending this event.

HalfTangible
2015-06-04, 09:10 AM
Head Priestess of Foreign Affairs Edea.

For the first time, her own title made her nervous.

The fact that Sycia was... less than pleased with Tzalteclan and that their most recent addition had wanted to purge them from the planet was no real secret. Edea couldn't help but wonder if Gloria had intended her attendance in place of the High Priestess (or even one of the former high priestesses) to be a subtle insult. She had seen Gloria do worse, after all. Then again, Edea wasn't certain that Gloria would do such a thing on purpose - perhaps it was simply a faux pas.

Then again, Edea counted herself fortunate that Marvella was in Salterri lands, and unavailable to be sent in her place.

Now THAT would have been an insult.

Edea had to admit she was surprised at the lack of flare and pomp as her pegasus trotted through the streets. Some children stopped their game to look at the majestic horse, their eyes sparkling with... well, not awe, they lived in a city where the rulers were literal dragons. Curiosity, perhaps. Sycia's colors were flown on the steps to the palace, actually surprising Edea enough that her mask of calm indifference slipped. She'd been surprised enough that they'd been invited to what was essentially a party for friends, but this was above and beyond.

Marvella had told her often that she regretted ending the friendship the two nations had once shared, though with this she had to wonder how much that had ended on Tzalteclan's side. On the one hand, this could be a show of power, meant to show that the friendship could not be ended - whatever happened, Sycia was stuck with the Tzaltec. On the other, it could be a show of solidarity, that their friendship had survived the insults and grudge.

In either case, it meant that Tzalteclan did not fear them. Not surprising. Yphine could crush their entire nation in one fell swoop if she wished, though Tzalteclan undoubtedly believed Tzultetep could save them. Or perhaps they didn't believe the winter would come at all.

Edea left her pegasus with some stable hands and entered the golden portal, Kikyo following just behind.

She wondered if she'd ever walk out.

Mynxae
2015-06-06, 01:51 AM
The Arrival of Maur

A large cluster of shadows temporarily blots out light to the courtyard in front of the palace as the Maurian delegation descends upon their Pegasi. A count of two hundred they were, and all willing to sacrifice themselves for their lady, the Dragon-Queen Tyarel Volshevrin the Second. As they landed, they summarily alighted from their Pegasi as one unit, forming around their Queen. They entrusted their noble Pegasi to the Tzaltec stablehands and broke off into two groups, one hundred royal guard standing guard out the front, one hundred following the Dragon-Queen to prevent the same misfortune befalling her as did her sister, Ivet.

Tyarel dismounted and lay narrowed eyes over the courtyard, looking over the area and attempting to discern any threat to her person. "Hmph. Seems fairly clear. Proceed into the throne room" she said with a slight annoyed tone at not having anyone to greet them as they arrived. The unit promptly began to march forward with the Queen amidst them as she became slightly apprehensive of the happenings of this event.

PepperP.
2015-06-06, 03:04 PM
Queen Areta had departed the Sea Dragon after an uneventful voyage to the Gates of Nezetkhamun and accepted the offered palanquin ride up to the Imperial Plaza. She gazed out as the ordinary populace went about their day to day lives and reflected it was not so unlike life on the Isles despite the Tzalteclan's nefarious reputation, that so many Nations made a show of denouncing the utilization of slaves but did nothing to back up their words felt hypocritical to her. Actions speak louder than words, and Areta was a woman of action. Mellado was more like her mother than she cared to admit. The Isles had long taken a neutral stance to the issue, believing every ruler had the right to rule as they saw fit, and would hope for the same respect from her fellow leaders, including her Liege, King Elwyn.

It had been through their relations with the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea that the Isles had been introduced to the Salterri Imperium, and much of the world at large, eventually rising as a respected member of the world's community. She gave Uialben credit for having enough foresight to further link their Nations through the marriage of Mellado to Meryn FitzJarrow, though she had doubted at the time, with the birth of little Maevys, it had been ensured that their Nations were linked through more than an agreement for years to come. Areta mused, the link likely meant more to the Isles than it did to Carmine, as they had already been in the habit of intermarrying their people, and Meryn had been the first time an outsider had married into the throne. Her brow furrowed as she remembered that Queen Tyarel of Maur had just imprisoned Meryn's cousin on suspicion of murdering the former queen. If there was to be a source of tension here, that would likely be it.

Areta's reflections were interrupted by her assistant's mutterings as she bent over, studying all of the papers she had gathered on the Tzalteclan imperial family before they had embarked on this trip. What Foreign Affairs Ambassador Carmeia lacked in charisma, she more than made up for in pragmatism, the polar opposite of her assistant, Venia, who's talent for translating the Frost Troll dialect had been needed at the Silvermire build site. Areta shook her head, she knew Venia had her sights set on Prince Crother, but his tastes went in another direction, and though he would certainly marry whomever Areta decreed, she would not make that demand of her nephew. Perhaps she would find a promising match for him at this meeting.

At length, the palanquin crested the mesa and came to a halt, one of her Queensguard who had marched behind them the entire way up, offered an assisting hand to the women which they took gratefully, stiff from the long ride. Areta's eyes fell upon the banners of the attendees, quickly finding her own, the deep green banner of the Roimoata Family. She wore a silk dress the same color as her banner, which gathered at the neck and draped in loose folds to the floor. Her crown sat atop her foliage like hair, styled in a simple updo that twirled around her head which the warm breeze threatened to tousle. Two guards flanked the Queen and Carmeia, walking slightly in front of the women with the rest of the contingent bringing up the rear. Though the Tzalteclan had never given her reason to fear treachery against her, she knew appearing vulnerable and trusting to the other attendees was not in her best interest. She squared her shoulders and checked her posture before continuing on to the throne room to greet her hosts.

Aedilred
2015-06-06, 05:02 PM
Apart from his annual visits to Aloren, it was rare for Elwyn to leave the borders of his empire these last few years. The increased administrative burden of his new vassals was believed to be one factor, though others muttered that, while he was relatively content to leave foreign policy in the hands of his most capable deputies, he did not have sufficient trust in the atheling as regent to leave Sobrida for long in his hands. It was common knowledge - in the sense that everyone knew it second-hand with no real verification - that Elwyn's favourite son was his second son Eldys, and the only one he considered fit to inherit the Imperium, but Eldys was more and more these days in his wife's distant kingdom. While the Qeyzer was aged by human standards, he looked little different to how he had forty years previously thanks to his elven blood, and yet still murmurs of the succession could be heard about court: almost inaudibly, for compassing the king's death was in itself technically a treason.

Perhaps it was these rumours that had persuaded Elwyn to venture forth in person and entrust effective regency to Alfdynn once again as a show of confidence in his heir, or perhaps it was merely that he wished to see his wife's family again. In any case he sailed forth from Horbeach to answer the Teotlkan's invitation, a number of his family members, including the queen, of course, by his side.

Elwyn and Isesu
Prince Alfrett (b.511)
Prince Athelwyn, Elwyn's grandson (b.521)
Princess Melhyn, Elwyn's granddaughter (b.524)

Also, from the Thalmann Legacy:
Princess Regent Celwyrr (b.488)

TheDarkDM
2015-06-08, 04:40 AM
Beyond the towering golden doors of the palace yawned a massive chamber, the beating heart of the Tzaltec Empire. Stretching the length of the pyramid's base it was more than five hundred feet from the portal to the leering dragon head that dominated the opposite wall, towering fifty feet tall and engraved with such skill as to appear a single unbroken piece of black stone, as though a true dragon petrified for all time. Its eyes were red stained glass, placed and mirrored with such artifice as to catch the blazing light of the noon sun, while gold filigree traced its scales and girded its teeth in a kingly fortune. And sitting inside it's gaping jaws atop a dais of thirty broad steps was the throne of the Teotlkan, pure gold wrought in the shape of dragonfire, inlaid with jet and ruby with such skill that it seemed to dance. An effect made all the more lifelike by the pair of ten foot wide golden braziers that stood before the dais, filled with blood red livefire that reached to the ceiling. The approach to the throne was marked with a twelve foot wide carpet of red Garb, woven to appear as a roiling river of fire. Flanking the approach, great graven pillars rose to meet a ceiling awash in murals fifty feet above, the pillars carved in the likeness of great Teotlkans of the past, the ceilings painted with the creation myth of the Dragon Cult and the founding of Tzalteclan. And past the pillars, the walls themselves bore art from across the empire, interrupted only by narrow windows of stained glass that cast glittering rainbow phantoms over the entire room.

The room itself was filled with representatives, nobles, and courtiers from across the empire, all of whom turned to bow with the utmost respect and dignity as a herald read out the names and lengthy titles of the Teotlkan's guests. And as they approached the throne proper they saw Khensa, resplendent in the heavy golden crown of her office, a clawed scepter of adamantine and gold holding one of the precious Heart Rubies in one hand, the mighty sword Unbroken in the other. Her gown of iridescent golden Garb fell like a waterfall over the upper six steps of her dais, while her waist was cinched with a belt of gold and platinum threads woven together and shot through with rubies. It was a regalia clearly meant to evoke the full might and divinity of her office, yet as her guests arrived she rose and streamed down the steps to meet them.

"My friends! Welcome one more to Tzalteclan, and thank you for accepting my invitation. I see many noble and familiar faces, though some..."

She winked at Elwyn.

"Have newer and nobler titles. Please, come, sit with me. Tell me of your journeys and of the tidings in your lands."

She looked up, seeming to notice the throng of the court for the first time.

"You may all retire until the morrow. We will have no more need of you."

With a silence that spoke to devotion or fear, the peerage of the Empire filed out through side doors and alcoves to return to their homes, leaving the delegates and the Teotlkan alone in the cavernous hall. Well, save for the darting shadows that showed just enough of themselves to make the Unmarked known. The Queen of Maur's guard were allowed to hold position near the doors, but any attempt by the rank and file to proceed further was met by an unblinking wall of golden masks.

Back before the throne, Khensa clapped her hands and a veritable army of slaves rushed from their secret places, bringing with them plush chairs and side tables, as well as goblets of wine and other spirits, as well as bowls piled high with choice delicacies from across the East.

"Please, sit. It will be some hours yet before the banquet, but there is no need to stand on ceremony here - we are all friends. Head Priestess Edea, your reputation is legend even in this court, and it is an honor to have you here. Queen Areta, it is a pleasure to finally host the royalty of the Isles in our home. Nib!"

She approached G'ninb and attempted to sweep him up in one of her covetous hugs, sincere if always a little sharp.

"It's been too long good-brother mine. You must introduce me to your companion. Elwyn, it has been too long since we last saw each other. I hope Issy is doing well? And Tyarel."

The Teotlkan placed a hand on her vassal Queen's shoulder.

"You have my deepest sympathies. There is no greater tragedy than the loss of a family member."

Gengy
2015-06-08, 07:15 AM
What does one do when an empress - the Teotlkan herself - wants to hug you?

You let her. And then you stand perfectly still, awkwardly trying to figure out if it's acceptable to hug back, or a sign of weakness not to. Had this been Khensa from ten years ago, G'ninb would have at least smirked and nodded at her... so he settled for doing just that.

When G'ninb felt it appropriate to speak, he answered with head bowed, "Teotlkan, I am honored by your affections. Before you stands my brother's-wife's-brother, the son of the newly crowned Rex of our lands, Kremitz. He and I both are here to bare witness. And I have a message from Rex Fozik."

::A message from my father? Why didn't I know about that?:: Kremtiz clicked quietly, his head also bowed.

::You didn't need to know. You needed to go home, but it's too late now, so by Jongo, shut it.:: G'ninb didn't know how much Khensa or anyone else could translate the quick chirps and clicks that were the Makgrull language, so he rose his head just a little to look upon the golden throne and continued as though nothing happened. "Praeclarus would never presume to interrupt any leader's gathering with personal politics, however; not in their own home. I will be delighted to speak with you more, and pass the words of Rex Fozik when you wish to hear it."

HalfTangible
2015-06-08, 06:49 PM
Edea smiled and raised her glass as if in toast. "You flatter me, Teotlkan. I do my duty, nothing more." She didn't actually drink out of the glass, however, and Kikyo said nothing. The catfolk mage's eyes raked over the darting shadows of the Unmarked and occasionally over the guard as she muttered quietly to herself. Poor girl hadn't been the same since her induction into the mage tower.

Edea raised an eyebrow at the clicking of the Praeclarus delegates. She couldn't actually speak it herself but she did know enough of the Makgrull's language to catch the overall meaning of their quick message.

She bowed in her seat to Queen Tyarel. "Dragon Queen. I've heard good things. Lovely to meet you."

PepperP.
2015-06-09, 12:19 PM
"Thank you, Teotlkan, you honor us with your hospitality." Queen Areta spoke sincerely as she glanced over the glasses set out, finally reaching for one filled with cool water and took an offered seat, curling her long legs beneath her on the plush cushion. As she sipped her water, her hair flora blossomed in dainty white flowers and she smiled, quite comfortable in the heat. Carmeia seated herself away from the assembled royalty and started taking copious notes, bent over her papers, completely engaged in documenting the proceedings.

Mynxae
2015-06-09, 09:41 PM
Tyarel nodded stiffly, trying not to betray the deep sadness and intense sense of loss that will stay with her until her dying day. "Thank you, my liege" she said, her lips trembling briefly, as if to almost let her down. She looked to Edea as she was spoken to and nodded. "And to you as well, Head Priestess" she said softly, proceeding to sit down near where her liege would sit, her personal guard standing behind her, his hand on his sword just in-case. Tyarel looked up at him briefly with a thankful smile, knowing that now she wouldn't need to worry about her safety with her own guardian angel to watch over her.

It would be noted by the guests that Tyarel was in differing garb from usual. Instead, she was in a gown of deep black, with a black rose nestled in her hair. Even her royal guards were adorned with a dark cloak instead of the usual crimson with Maur's insignia. It was clear that all of Maur saw the loss of Ivet as a blow to the country as a whole and all mourned her death equally, besides their own Dragon-Queen, who lost her twin sister whom she adored above all. Some say that Tyarel may be driven to madness. Others wondered if it would be better for her cousin Nitra Volshevrin-Li to take the throne. But still Tyarel pushed forward and attempted to continue with the royal duties she thought she would never get to do. Somehow.

RandoMan
2015-06-09, 11:51 PM
The new King of Mularuhm, bearing the name of his great great uncle, the last Ringmaker King before the Council Age, the term used to refer to the time in which no clear heir to Kalderdan could be found arrived shortly behind the arrival of the Carmine King, Mularuhm's liege-lord. He traveled with his wife, Gertrud Stonesinger, and his first cousin, the Reichtin Viktor Mithredge who headed up a small contingent of the Mithredge Clan, personal bodyguards of the royal family. Behind them followed two important figures in Mularuhm, the Chief Financier of the Mularuhm Bank, and the Elder Smith who had been responsible for forging Unbroken those years ago. Both had requested the chance to attend this event for a chance to meet with and speak to the Tzaltec for different reasons.

Though younger than his late father had ever been when traveling internationally Kalderdan was still well into his 80s and maintained a quiet reservation as he looked at the ostentation and show of the Tzaltec royal palace, nodding appreciatively at the artistry and skill of the craftmanship displayed within. The Elder Smith took a special interest in the throne, muttering quietly to whoever would listen about the impressiveness that humans had managed to craft such a fine piece of metal work, though quickly going on to say it was nothing next to ancient dwarven craftsmanship and the work done by the Elder Smiths, but almost certainly the equivalent to a skilled dwarven smithy. The Chief Financier also paid special attention to the decorations and adornment, though his eye was appraising a separate criteria from those of the Elder Smith, calculating bullion and worth and determining how likely his proposal was to be affirmed by the Tzaltec royal purse.

The King and Queen, along with their retainers, watched as the new Teotlkan moved around the delegates smoothly, the King finding his head nodding again in understanding and appreciation. He appreciated an expert, and the Tzaltec were certainly expert statesmen. He had no doubt the Teotlkan would soon approach him and his but for now he elected to taste of the eastern surface's foods and taste of its strongest drink.

TheDarkDM
2015-06-11, 04:22 AM
As G'ninb introduced Kremtiz, Khensa nodded politely to the undersea prince.

"It is always an honor to welcome one of our friends from Praeclarus. Please, make yourself comfortable."

As the makgrull sat, Khensa turned her attention to the newly arrived delegation from Mularuhm.

"King Ringmaker! I cannot tell you how pleased I am to welcome you to our halls. Your staunch friendship over the years has been as a mountain against a windstorm - dauntless and unbroken. But I fear I only know a few of your delegation."

Later

After the impromptu greeting session in the throne room, the delegations were led to sumptuous chambers to rest after their long journeys and make ready for the coming feast. G'ninb, however, was led to one of the palace gardens, where Khensa stood waiting in the twilight.

The Teotlkan smiled at the sight of the makgrull prince, and motioned for him to come and stand beside her as she looked out over the holy city.

It is good to see you, little brother. But come, you have a duty to discharge, and I know you will be unable to fully relax until you have fulfilled your lord's will. What is the message from Rex Fozik?

Gengy
2015-06-11, 09:19 AM
In the Garden

"It is good to see you too. Really. For all the... lessons... I learned here, there are many happy memories as well. Which is why I was sent here. And why I'm not happy about doing this." G'ninb sighs, looking over at Khensa. Rolling his eyes a bit, G'ninb shakes his head and gets on with it.

"Duc Fozik, excuse me, Rex Fozik is not my father. My father would have heard about what was happening, and quite frankly, stayed out of it. It's the smarter thing to do, in my opinion. Rex Fozik, however, wanted me to say a big long flowery speech. He made me memorize it and repeat it back to him word for word. As soon as I left, I promptly forgot it. It boils down to this: Praeclarus has heard that the whisperings of war are in the works. Our information suggests that Tzalteclan is the instigator, and while you and I are... what is the phrase? Thick as thieves? Praeclarus, run by Rex Fozik, must remain strong. If pressed, he will take a stand. Where he stands, though, would be with PADL, with the Seaborne Confederation, and the Empire of the Silver Moon. If it means preserving the Regnum, then Rex Fozick is willing to cut all other ties."

"He doesn't want to. The last thing anyone in Praeclarus wants is war. Which is why my father would have stayed out of any conflict, whatever way possible. And believe me, that has been my father's very LOUD, VOCAL *click*ing advice ever since rumors of war started to reach us. Fozik, though, is recently crowned. He is not eager for a fight either, but he doesn't want to be seen as weak." G'ninb looked at Khensa, seeking the foster-sister behind the Teotlkan. "I hate being the messenger boy for this. You may have heard, but if not, I'm happy to say that I'm married now. Jiana and I fight every day; I love it. I love her. Being away from her for this long, even to come see Tzalteclan again? It hurts. It hurts in ways I can't describe. But she'd pound the bones out of me if I didn't go and do my duty to my nation. Jiana is a strong woman, even for a Maighdeann. You'd like her."

Finding a bench within the garden, G'ninb sat, still looking upon Khensa. "If this were anyone else but you, they'd get the flowery speech. I can try and remember it, if you want to laugh at me saying it. The meat though, is that if there is war like the rumors we are hearing say, Praeclarus will be limited in how it can help you."

RandoMan
2015-06-11, 01:36 PM
As the makgrull sat, Khensa turned her attention to the newly arrived delegation from Mularuhm.

"King Ringmaker! I cannot tell you how pleased I am to welcome you to our halls. Your staunch friendship over the years has been as a mountain against a windstorm - dauntless and unbroken. But I fear I only know a few of your delegation."

Later

After the impromptu greeting session in the throne room, the delegations were led to sumptuous chambers to rest after their long journeys and make ready for the coming feast. G'ninb, however, was led to one of the palace gardens, where Khensa stood waiting in the twilight.

"Teotlkan," King Kalderdan nodded his head and smiled, "Even a mountain weathers by the surface winds. We of Mularuhm are as the stone beneath your feet, unweathered and unsundered by the prevails of the surface storms."

The new King gestured to his companions in turn as he introduced them, "My wife, Gertrud Stonesinger," the female dwarf beside him dressed in finery curtsied lightly.

"This is Chief Financier Magnus Gemgrinder, the head of the Mularuhm Bank and my royal Master of Coin,"

The man, thick at the waist even for a dwarf and balding upon his head was well groomed and dressed such that he appeared royally contented rather than slovenly and unkempt bowed to the Tzaltec empress.

"And Elder Smith Otto Waterstone, he is an Elder Smith who forged the Seven Swords, specifically having shaped and hammered upon Unbroken."

The dwarf, elderly by Dwarven standards with white thin hair and a simple knotted beard hanging from the tip of his chin was dressed as though fresh from the forge, having only acquiesced to having a new set of clothes made for this special visit but refusing anything more flashy or showy bowed stiffly, the movement foreign to him. He met Kehnsa's eyes as he righted himself, is face steely with stern respect. Yet as she spoke and was spoken to his eyes trailed to Unbroken more often than Khensa's face though he tried to remain respectful.

"Your holy grace," Magnus began with another nod, "I had hoped to have a chance to speak with your own Master of Coin or the equivalent at some point before or after the banquet."

Otto was silent, continuing to look at Unbroken but now glancing between the Tzaltec blade and the blade hanging at the hip of his king, an inquisitive and curious look on his wizened face.