PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Paladin Oath ll Oath of Chastity (Teutonic Knight/Crusader) [PEACH!]

demonickin0
2015-06-04, 09:21 AM
Oath of Chastity (https://merovia.obsidianportal.com/wikis/oath-of-chastity)

Kinda tried to take aspects of the Knight and the Crusader from ToB of 3.5.
PEACH?

Ninja_Prawn
2015-06-04, 09:51 AM
You need to 5e-ify* this a bit, but the general direction seems solid.

* Charging isn't a thing. Tower shields and heavy shields aren't things. Hit dice don't really correlate with overall power any more. Panic isn't a thing. Will saves aren't a thing.

demonickin0
2015-06-04, 10:05 AM
You need to 5e-ify* this a bit, but the general direction seems solid.

* Charging isn't a thing. Tower shields and heavy shields aren't things. Hit dice don't really correlate with overall power any more. Panic isn't a thing. Will saves aren't a thing.

Fair haha, you work with 3.5 for so long its hard to stop using the terminology. I updated it. Thoughts?

Ninja_Prawn
2015-06-04, 10:26 AM
Generally speaking, I like it.

My only concerns are:

2d6 rounds of paralysis without a 'save ends' clause is brutal. It might be ok if it's once/day, but as a free rider to every attack (which needs to be phrased as "whenever you use an action to attack"), it's too much.

The phrasing of the 'wall' ability is still awkward. I'd simplify it to something like "while you are wielding a shield, any mêlée weapon attacks made against you have disadvantage if the attacker has already moved this turn."

demonickin0
2015-06-04, 10:32 AM
Generally speaking, I like it.

My only concerns are:

2d6 rounds of paralysis without a 'save ends' clause is brutal. It might be ok if it's once/day, but as a free rider to every attack (which needs to be phrased as "whenever you use an action to attack"), it's too much.

The phrasing of the 'wall' ability is still awkward. I'd simplify it to something like "while you are wielding a shield, any mêlée weapon attacks made against you have disadvantage if the attacker has already moved this turn."

Yeah, I also meant to put a once per day addendum on it, but since its the capstone I was thinking a save per round might be better.

Thanks for the reword on the 'Wall' ability haha, sometimes my things can get a bit wordy.