PDA

View Full Version : Julio Scounrel

K2
2007-04-23, 07:34 PM
Do you think that the dashing CG swordsman will be coming back to help AZ save it self? His airship had at least 2 ballistas, and some alchemist fires make any battle go better(I have experience in this area) he would also make an excellent team leader now that Roy is out of the way:smallbiggrin:

Assassinfox
2007-04-23, 07:35 PM
Do you think that the dashing CG swordsman will be coming back to help AZ save it self? His airship had at least 2 ballistas, and some alchemist fires make any battle go better(I have experience in this area) he would also make an excellent team leader now that Roy is out of the way:smallbiggrin:

But if he comes back, that pretty much insures that he's gonna die and require Elan to swear a blood oath. Especially since a giant airship would be a huge target for the lich flying around.

K2
2007-04-23, 07:41 PM
So then, with Elan now having a personal reason for wanting Xykon(two in fact) the team unamiously vote him(he does have the highest Cha) the new party leader and they go off in their new air ship.
You know the more I think about what could happen, the more I like this.

Assassinfox
2007-04-23, 07:45 PM
So then, with Elan now having a personal reason for wanting Xykon(two in fact) the team unamiously vote him(he does have the highest Cha) the new party leader and they go off in their new air ship.

They won't have a new airship. If Julio flies in to the rescue, Xykon will immediately see that, fly up, and start flinging meteor swarms.

K2
2007-04-23, 07:50 PM
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Tell me Assassin, do you like crushing my dreams under your boot with your logic. Now I am going to have think about something else.

Finwe
2007-04-23, 08:00 PM

No. No one will follow Elan. Ever. In addition to being far to silly and ADHD to properly lead, he's lacks both the intelligence and combat insight required to be an effectual leader for an adventuring party. Haley is technically second in command, and V and Belkar would outright refuse to take Elan's orders. It's not going to happen. Even if somehow he did manage to make himself the leader of the OOTS in Roy's absence, any actual leading would be done by Haley.

In short, the leader needs to be the straight man, who pulls everyone together when things get hairy, not the person who actively tries to make things more chaotic and just wants to have fun (not that that's neccesarily a bad thing to want all the time).

Assassinfox
2007-04-23, 08:00 PM
Tell me Assassin, do you like crushing my dreams under your boot with your logic.

Only when I'm not busy burning Sense Offenders and contraband items like books and paintings.

jindra34
2007-04-23, 08:03 PM
Only when I'm not busy burning Sense Offenders and contraband items like books and paintings.

oh i got the sense Offernders so you do not have to worry about them...

K2
2007-04-23, 08:10 PM
Stupid sense offenders....

So, as Finwe pointed out, we know have one of the most effective adventuring parties known to the game: the rogue led party. That means a lot of well thought out attacks the begin with sneak attacks and probably involves lots of trap. Its a win-win situation.

Assassinfox
2007-04-23, 08:11 PM
Haley is technically second in command, and V and Belkar would outright refuse to take Elan's orders.

I thought Durkon was second in command. Haley has proven to be pretty unreliable as well, doing things like embezzling money or forgetting to unparalyze Durkon. And I know V's a stuckup jerk who hardly even listens to Roy, but Belkar seems to like Elan and would have nothing against following whatever crazy ideas he comes up with.

K2
2007-04-23, 08:15 PM
Shojo refers to Haley as Roys second(or number two, if you prefer) back in comic 380 or so. Roy did not try to correct him, though he was kinda in shock at the time.

Finwe
2007-04-23, 10:16 PM
I thought Durkon was second in command. Haley has proven to be pretty unreliable as well, doing things like embezzling money or forgetting to unparalyze Durkon. And I know V's a stuckup jerk who hardly even listens to Roy, but Belkar seems to like Elan and would have nothing against following whatever crazy ideas he comes up with.

I don't know if there's been a direct reference to her being second in command in the online comics, but in OTOPC, Haley officially becomes second in command. Also, while Belkar generally finds Elan to be funny, his, and the other OOTS', aside from Haley, feelings towards Elan are a far cry from respect, which is necessary for a leader.