PDA

View Full Version : Uses for simply having Rage?

Jowgen
2015-06-05, 08:38 AM
One of my characters will be getting rage 1/day from a PrC, and it's completely wasted on the character and I can't trade it for an ACF, so yeah. Is there any benefit that can be gained purely by having rage?

Like, items that only work for creatures that have rage?

Telonius
2015-06-05, 09:30 AM
Channeled Rage, a feat from Races of Destiny, allows you to spend a Rage to add your Strength bonus to a Will save. You have to be a Half-Orc, though.

Unfortunately I don't know of any items that require you to have Rage as a class feature. You could probably argue that it merits a 30% price deduction if you're crafting it (similar to requiring a class or alignment to use), but as far as I know there's nothing official about that.

Flickerdart
2015-06-05, 09:43 AM
There's an item in the MIC that lets you spend Rages to heal yourself, but I don't remember the specifics.

Oddman80
2015-06-05, 10:25 AM
Pathfinder has the weapon enhancement "Furious" that treats the weapon as being +2 better than it normally is if the weilder is raging.

jiriku
2015-06-05, 11:06 PM
Berserker, +1 equivalent enhancement, your weapon deals +1d8 damage while you are raging.
Brash, +1 equivalent enhancement, while raging you are immune to fear, and your rage duration gains +3 rounds
Whirling frenzy rage variant grants +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves -- a useful defensive perk no matter what you're doing with your actions.

ericgrau
2015-06-05, 11:09 PM
There's an item in the MIC that lets you spend Rages to heal yourself, but I don't remember the specifics.
cloak of predatory vigor (1400 gp): 2/day while raging swift action to heal your HD in HP
maks of blood (3,300 gp): +1 round to rage, spit 4d6 acid damage 2/day as a standard action.

DrMotives
2015-06-05, 11:18 PM
Is there any chance you're a gnoll? Races of the wild has a feat for gnolls that gives them a bite attack, rage is a prereq for the feat. It explicitly says they don't need to enter rage to use the bite, just have the class feature on their char sheet.

Thurbane
2015-06-06, 08:15 PM
Several items in the MIC only function for those with Rage:

Berserker (weapon enhancement)
Brash (weapon enhancement)
Cloak of Predatory Vigor
Mask of Blood