PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit to make you smile

Allianis
2015-06-05, 09:01 AM
Hello Giantitp, I just wanted to share this bit of news with all of you. My son is 1.5 years old, and just learning words. I decided to explain to him the intricacies of my character, who is a beguiler, and how his job is to support the team through tricks and and enchantments. I told him how he wasn't like a normal caster, because he didn't cast fireball or anything like that. This exchange immediately happned:

son: "firebaw!"
Me: "No son, no fireball."
son: "firebaw?"
Me: "I'm sorry son, no fireball. But I have charm person!"
son: "No firebaw!" *Proceeds to grab my mini, throw it across the room, and cries for 5 minutes.

My son is destined to be a blaster mage....

Ignis6669
2015-06-05, 09:11 AM
son: "No firebaw!" *Proceeds to grab my mini, throw it across the room, and cries for 5 minutes.

A young man who clearly has his priorities straight. Obviously you're raising him right. I approve. :-D

Segev
2015-06-05, 09:14 AM
And now, I am picturing a variant on "fireball" whose material component is a figurine rather than a ball of sulphurous guano.

Sian
2015-06-05, 09:16 AM
well, better warmage than monk :smalltongue:

Saintheart
2015-06-05, 09:23 AM
Hello Giantitp, I just wanted to share this bit of news with all of you. My son is 1.5 years old, and just learning words. I decided to explain to him the intricacies of my character, who is a beguiler, and how his job is to support the team through tricks and and enchantments. I told him how he wasn't like a normal caster, because he didn't cast fireball or anything like that. This exchange immediately happned:

...or a DM :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

danzibr
2015-06-05, 09:28 AM
Epic parenting.

Uncle Pine
2015-06-05, 10:56 AM
This is the cutest thing I've read today. Thanks OP for lightening my mood! :smallsmile:

Honest Tiefling
2015-06-05, 10:57 AM
Quick! If he's only 1.5 years old, you have just enough time to homebrew, steal homebrew or look at third party materials to make blasters viable! You have a responsibility as a parent!

Flickerdart
2015-06-05, 11:46 AM
I've never spent any time with 1.5 year olds but I'm impressed the kid could even understand what a caster is and what fireballs are.

Allianis
2015-06-05, 01:51 PM
I've never spent any time with 1.5 year olds but I'm impressed the kid could even understand what a caster is and what fireballs are.

Although it's somewhat unclear how much he does or does not understand at any given time, I'm 100% sure he had no idea what I was talking about or what fireball means. He just heard a word connected with "no" and got angry. Of course, I could be wrong and he could be mocking me for choosing a beguiler. Who knows these things?

Allianis
2015-06-05, 01:52 PM
Quick! If he's only 1.5 years old, you have just enough time to homebrew, steal homebrew or look at third party materials to make blasters viable! You have a responsibility as a parent!

Be nice... blasters are perfectly viable...
in a Tier 4 campaign.

Still, you know you love to blow up some goblins just like the rest of us.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-05, 01:53 PM
Maybe he sees Beguiler as an inferior class to Warmage for Rainbow Servant builds?

Socratov
2015-06-06, 02:38 AM
Or he has the same apporaxh as I did entering into Dnd: "If a fireball doesn't solve the problem, you obviously did no throw enough fireballs"

Chronos
2015-06-06, 07:28 AM
Clearly, your son is telling you that you need to take Shadow Evocation as one of your Advanced Learning spells. Then, you can Firebaw whenever you want, or any of a variety of other situationally-useful spells.

Blackhawk748
2015-06-06, 10:36 AM
Or he has the same apporaxh as I did entering into Dnd: "If a fireball doesn't solve the problem, you obviously did no throw enough fireballs"

Precisely. As a matter of fact its still my favorite method to solve problems, i just use Metamagic on it now.

Also, Welcome Young Sorcerer!

Bad Wolf
2015-06-06, 09:51 PM

There's no problem that can't be solved by Fireballs.

Morcleon
2015-06-06, 09:57 PM
There's no problem that can't be solved by Fireballs.

...fire elementals? :smalltongue:

Bad Wolf
2015-06-06, 09:59 PM
...fire elementals? :smalltongue:

Energy Substitution. Blast away!

Blackhawk748
2015-06-06, 10:14 PM
Energy Substitution. Blast away!

Psssh, Searing Spell, Burn the Fire!!

Bad Wolf
2015-06-06, 10:19 PM
Psssh, Searing Spell, Burn the Fire!!

Almost forgot about that. Preserve the purity of Fireballs!

DarkSonic1337
2015-06-06, 10:45 PM
Mailman delivering fireballs?