Small Construct
HP 26 (3d10+10)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); Climb 40'
Init: +2
AC 16; touch 13; flat-footed 13
(+1 Size, +3 Natural, +2 Dex)
BAB +2; Grp -2
Attack Bite +0 (1d6-2)
Full-Attack Bite +0 (1d6-2) and 2 Claws -5 (1d4-2)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks None
Special Qualities Construct Traits, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60', Spell-Like Abilities, Library Bind
Saves Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con --, Int 4, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills Climb +11*, Listen +4, Search +6, Spot +4
Feats Skill Focus (Search), Awareness
Environment Libraries and archives
Organization Solitary, pairs, or stack (4-16)
Challenge Rating 1 (2 in bound library)
Treasure Half standard (scrolls only)
Alignment Lawful Neutral
Advancement As Construct
Level Adjustment --

*Kupakako golems receive a +8 racial bonus to Climb checks due to their climb speeds, in addition to other benefits for having a climb speed as detailed in the DMG.

Spell-Like Abilities
Mage hand, amanuensis, locate object - 3/day, usable only within the bounds of their bound library.

Library Bind (Ex)
When a kupakako golem is created, it is linked to one particular location--in most cases, a library. Its spell-like abilities are usable only while within the library the golem is bound to. The kupakako golem also receives a +1 bonus to saving throws, attack rolls, and damage rolls while within the bound library, as well as five additional temporary hit points. These modifications are not included in the above statistics.

Appearing as tailless metal chimpanzees, kupakako golems are created to maintain large libraries so that their creators can go about doing more important things. They are not very bright, and only accept commands from their creator. Each kupakako golem will fight to the death to protect the library it is bound to--including the library's contents and owner--but they are usually rather passive and docile. Most can be found swarming throughout old, massive libraries, sorting and organizing books for eternity.

Creating A Kupakako Golem
A kupakako golem is created from fifty pounds of raw mithril costing 750 gp. Other metals do not provide the agility needed for a kupakako golem's daily tasks. Assembling the body requires a DC 15 Craft (Armorsmithing) check.

CL 4th; Craft Construct, mage hand, amanuensis, locate object, caster must be at least 4th level; Price 3,500 gp; Cost 1,500 gp + 105 XP.

Icewalker
2007-04-23, 09:21 PM
I'd actually expect a higher dex bonus on something like this.

Very interesting idea, library protectors. I like it. So they are intelligent enough to sort/find books? I can see librarians asking them to fetch books in the massive library. Fun stuff. Looks good to me.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-23, 09:29 PM
They're intelligent enough to sort books, and to locate them using their Locate Object SLA when asked. Otherwise, their bigger brother Maintainers (that I haven't statted yet) are the ones you go to for book location.

Danu
2007-04-23, 10:01 PM
All I know... is the word... is fun to say.

I've been sitting here going "kuuupakako" for the past half hour now. *lol*

goat
2007-04-24, 05:20 PM
Describing them as looking like tail-less chimpanzees is a bit redundant. Chimps don't have tails.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-24, 05:28 PM
Thinking of the wrong monkey. I'll fix that.

Matthew
2007-05-02, 04:23 PM
Looks good, though I would have thought Monkey Constructs might get up to some mischief...