PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Primal Path: Path of the Bone Collector

Wartex1
2015-06-05, 08:40 PM
Path of the Bone Collector
Destroyers of those who defile the deceased with undeath, barbarians who follow the Path of the Bone Collector are often viewed as no higher than that which they destroy, but they hold no regard for those who cannot get dirty to cleanse others. By collecting pieces of skeletons from both the dead and undead, their spirits, especially the grateful ones freed from their cruel prison, assist you in your quest.

Bone Weapon
When you choose this Primal Path at 3rd level, you may adhere pieces of bone to weapons that you have as part of a Short Rest. Whenever you use one of these weapons against an Undead creature, it ignores damage resistance and immunity. In addition, while raging, you may choose to have a Bone Weapon deal necrotic damage instead of its normal damage type.

Skeletal Armor
Upon reaching 6th level, you may spend 8 hours crafting a protective covering made out of ossein. While you are wearing this armor, you use your Unarmed Defense AC, but you also gain resistance to necrotic damage. While raging, this resistance becomes immunity. Other creatures wearing this armor gain no benefit from it beyond looking incredibly metal.

Shroud of Undeath
At 10th level, your attunement to the nature of undead makes you nearly indistinguishable from them. You appear as an undead creature to other undead, and you may count as Undead for any spell or similar effect that targets you.

Undead Bane
Beginning at 14th level, you are unstoppable in your quest against the undead. While you are raging, you gain advantage on all saving throws against spells and effects cast or caused by Undead creatures.

manfred911
2016-10-01, 08:17 AM
Shroud of Undeath
At 10th level, your attunement to the nature of undead makes you nearly indistinguishable from them. You appear as an undead creature to other undead, and you may count as Undead for any spell or similar effect that targets you.

I know this is an older post, but I was wondering how this would effect cure wounds. It wouldn't have an effect on them right?

Llama513
2016-10-26, 04:45 PM
Because it says you may, cure wounds would affect you normally, unless you choose to have it damage you, if I am understanding how the may wording works in 5e.

peterispeter
2018-11-24, 11:36 AM
I love this concept, but I believe that the Undead effects are all very situational. Maybe it should make you deal extra necrotic damage instead of an additional Undead effect. I would have the skeletal armor provide a small bonus to AC, maybe a +1 or +2.