PDA

View Full Version : Improved Evasion FTW

2015-06-05, 11:45 PM
Not much to say, just thought I'd share something I found today. This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnZ_-5I72ec) provides a fairly accurate depiction of Improved Evasion at work.

martixy
2015-06-06, 01:38 AM
Ok, so... If you have Improved Evasion you're Batman.

I can get behind that.

Blackhawk748
2015-06-06, 12:30 PM
Not much to say, just thought I'd share something I found today. This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnZ_-5I72ec) provides a fairly accurate depiction of Improved Evasion at work.

That is exactly how that works.

foobar1969
2015-06-06, 12:31 PM
Converse of that: If you're Batman, you have Improved Evasion (plus a bunch of other stuff).

In 3.5 terms, perhaps Batman could be a gestalt Fighter/Monk/Paladin/Ranger/Scout/Warblade who started with all 18s, all skills as class skills, and oaths against perma-killing mortals or using crossbows.

Afgncaap5
2015-06-06, 12:58 PM
Converse of that: If you're Batman, you have Improved Evasion (plus a bunch of other stuff).

In 3.5 terms, perhaps Batman could be a gestalt Fighter/Monk/Paladin/Ranger/Scout/Warblade who started with all 18s, all skills as class skills, and oaths against perma-killing mortals or using crossbows.

You know... it occurs to me that the "all 18s in all abilities" version of Batman is based on a sort of "If any writer over the last 75 years said he had that strength, he has that strength" mentality, which I can totally get behind.

It might be fun, though, to see what a "Venn Diagram" Batman would be like, one who can only be as strong/smart/whatever as any writer said he could be. If one writer shows him lifting a car off of someone, but another writer shows him incapable of that, then he's incapable.

...I'm guessing that the Venn Diagram Batman *still* has Improved Evasion, though.

SinsI
2015-06-06, 01:20 PM
Forbes Fictional puts Bruce Wayne at ~7 billion dollars.
Assuming exchange rate of $300 per GP (from one of the posts that tried to convert GP to dollars), that puts his wealth at 23 million GP.
With such wealth he can afford enough Epic equipment, Maximized Awakenings,Polymorphs and Manuals to have any abilities even if he is a 1st level aristocrat that started with 10 in everything but Int.

Afgncaap5
2015-06-06, 03:03 PM
Forbes Fictional puts Bruce Wayne at ~7 billion dollars.
Assuming exchange rate of $300 per GP (from one of the posts that tried to convert GP to dollars), that puts his wealth at 23 million GP.
With such wealth he can afford enough Epic equipment, Maximized Awakenings,Polymorphs and Manuals to have any abilities even if he is a 1st level aristocrat that started with 10 in everything but Int.

Keep in mind, though, he can't spend *too* much of that money at once without raising suspicion (not to mention how much of it would be in shares of Ye Olde Wayne Foundationne and not in physical gp.) Lucius Fox has enough levels in Artificer and Aristocrat to find things that've been abandoned and make things that don't exist, though.