PDA

View Full Version : mother cyst

Venger
2015-06-06, 12:37 AM
it's a favorite all around for a reason: gives necro much-needed utility, has a bunch of neat effects, and is very thematic and fun.

to my knowledge, it is the first feat of its kind: a feat that gives access to 10 pells that are not obtainable any other way (not even for archivists since you need a mother cyst as a focus)

they are weirdly listed as sor/wiz spells and cleric spells. I figure that it's because it isn't exactly a domain, so they won't say "cyst 1" or what have you.

then came heroes of horror's "oneiromancy" spells which are tragically split into several feats instead of 1, but are tagged as "oneiromancy 1,2,3,etc"

are there any other spells that function this way? I think these spells are really interesting and would like to learn more about ones like them if they're extant.

Werephilosopher
2015-06-06, 01:05 AM
Some of the Initiate feats give access to exclusive spells. Initiate of Eilistraee, for instance, gives access to Eilistraee's moonfire, spellsong, and lesser spellsong, all exclusive to those who take the feat.

Venger
2015-06-06, 01:11 AM
Some of the Initiate feats give access to exclusive spells. Initiate of Eilistraee, for instance, gives access to Eilistraee's moonfire, spellsong, and lesser spellsong, all exclusive to those who take the feat.

oh yeah, like dread tyranny. I love initiate feats. they're very exciting. most of them only apply to already existing spells, but that's certainly some other feats that meet these criteria.

j_spencer93
2015-06-09, 03:46 AM
there exist a similar feat in dragon magazine focused on Dragon Magazine, mainly about summoning creatures and parts of the far realm but does a lot of damage to yourself if you mess up.

Ettina
2015-06-09, 09:36 AM
I love mother cyst too. It's a nice way to get some pretty scary control over your minions.

Segev
2015-06-09, 09:40 AM
I love mother cyst too. It's a nice way to get some pretty scary control over your minions.

And to make your villain all the more horrifying to the heroes. Innocent victim suicide bombs!