PDA

View Full Version : Scale for tabletop?

Camman1984
2015-06-06, 01:37 AM
I am starting a new game this month and plan on having lots of combat on a grid, i have limited space and am also saving for a mortgage so was wondering if anyone has tried running the game at different scales. For example 15mm miniatures as opposed to the much more expensive 30mm scale models.

If people have tried different scales, any suggestions where i can go to but lots of varied monsters. Have seen a fair few on 15mm.com but want more :)

whibla
2015-06-06, 06:10 AM
Rich's tabletop minis.

Print em out, cut em up, stick a penny in the bottom for weight. Cheapest figures I've ever owned and used.

If he doesn't offer them for purchase and download, suggest he starts :smallcool:

some guy
2015-06-06, 06:57 AM
Yeah, if you want minis, but want to save money, paper mini's are the cheapest, and a good way of getting what you want in large quantities.
If you don't want the hassle of printing and crafting, pathfinder sells pawns which are still way cheaper than 3d mini's. Biggest problem with those, is that you might want more of a specific monster (the bestiary 1 box has something around 3 orcs, 3 hobgoblins and more monsters where you just want more of). They're great quality, though.

TurboGhast
2015-06-07, 08:16 AM
Yeah, if you want minis, but want to save money, paper mini's are the cheapest, and a good way of getting what you want in large quantities.
If you don't want the hassle of printing and crafting, pathfinder sells pawns which are still way cheaper than 3d mini's. Biggest problem with those, is that you might want more of a specific monster (the bestiary 1 box has something around 3 orcs, 3 hobgoblins and more monsters where you just want more of). They're great quality, though.

Another alternative to minis is laminated graph paper + some erasable markers.