PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Psionic Feats

Lorddenorstrus
2015-06-06, 01:54 AM
I'm assisting in the making of an archer for one of my players he's design wise set up to go into the Psionic Shot / Fell Shot feats from the dip in Psychic Warrior. My question is if there was a feat that could be taken to make the cost per use of those feats to be reduced to 0. A mastery feat or something, I thought I remembered one but I haven't been able to locate it. If it even exists.

torrasque666
2015-06-06, 03:44 AM
What kind of cost? PP cost? Because as long as you have 1 they work, and they don't expend it. Psionic Focus cost? Psionic Meditation lets you get it back as a move action, but not very helpful.

justiceforall
2015-06-06, 06:27 AM
You can also take the Wild Talent or Hidden Talent feat (or any psionic race that has a power point) instead of dipping a psionic class.

OldTrees1
2015-06-06, 06:33 AM
Psionic Meditation reduces the Full Round Action refocus to a Move Action refocus. So I think it is fairly useful since it lets you use it every turn.

Lorddenorstrus
2015-06-06, 05:44 PM
We don't use Psionics a lot so my understanding of them isn't the greatest, it's just when he mentioned the archer he wanted to build I recalled another forum member building something similar awhile back so I went back to find the feats.. but if Im understanding you guys correctly he'd be able to burn a move action to become focused then use one of said feats once.. So thats like ONE arrow thats vs touch ac or one arrow pumped with extra damage. . . that kinda sucks. it'd be more viable if able to apply all of them on all arrows. And he definitely needs that kinda power to be on par with the rest of the group.

(Also if I completely misunderstood how that works pointing out my extreme stupidity is more than acceptable.)

Troacctid
2015-06-06, 06:03 PM
Psicrystal Containment allows you to psionically focus your psicrystal, which gives you a second psionic focus.

SkipSandwich
2015-06-06, 06:07 PM
the Psionic power Hustle is a 3rd level Psion(Egoist) or 2nd level Psychic Warrior power that gives you an extra move action for the turn you manifest it in and is key in being able to use a lot of abilities that require expending focus.

If you can manage to grab Control Body (Kineticist 4th level power) through Psion levels or the Expanded Knowledge feat, you can have your psicrystal manifest it on your body, effectively giving you 2 rounds worth of actions each turn (1 round of purely physical actions as your psycrystal uses telekinesis to pilot your body around like a puppet and you get a full round worth of mental actions like regaining psionic focus and manfesting powers as you relax and enjoy the ride)

Also, I'm pretty sure that the bonus damage from psionic shot applies to all arrows fired with the Manyshot feat, since it's not called out explicitly as being precision damage. And even if the DM rules that it does not apply to all arrows with manyshot, it would still apply to all arrows with the Greater Manyshot feat.