PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need a Name for our Party

dukeofwolfsgate
2015-06-06, 03:36 AM
So our party just completed the Wyvernstones of Hullack module and we are brainstorming a party name. Everything seems like crap, but a few of us agree that maybe something to do with the Wyvernstones might sound cool. Any ideas?

Party Composition
Teifling Paladin
Human Wizard
Half-Elf Bard
Goliath Barbarian
Dragonborn Warlock
Half-Elf Sorcerer

Bard1cKnowledge
2015-06-06, 03:42 AM
Wyvrenstones, your motto is we grab the wyvren by its stones

Takewo
2015-06-06, 04:05 AM
What about Wyvernbane? Being something's bane is always cool (and probably a bit too much used).

VincentTakeda
2015-06-06, 09:31 AM
I'm tired so I read Bar1cKnowledge's suggestion as 'wervynstones'... which doesnt sound half bad.

Drakefall
2015-06-06, 01:44 PM
Does your party have any common goals, beliefs or themes that they have strong, shared feelings about?

Have they achieved anything noteworthy? Presumably they have in this Wyvernstones of Hullack adventure you speak of. What happened there? Googling the name only provided info on the location not on the adventure, so did you achieve anything cool? Resurrected a druidic circle? Battled lycanthrope sky pirates atop a moving, living mountain? Baked the world's most delicious pastry?

Maglubiyet
2015-06-06, 02:31 PM
The party composition doesn't suggest anything. You'd probably all need to be something similar, like Dragonborn or spellcasters, to pull a name out of that. Unless you wanted to go with the number of members -- Savage Six or something.

Yes, pick some noteworthy task you've achieved that would make for a good story around a roaring fireplace in a tavern. Use an element from that story as your name: Company of the Impaled Rat, Wyvern Slayers, Defenders of Fairgold Pass.

Use your home town or your base of operations: Highcrest Travelers, New Market Explorers' League, Armaria Mercenary Guild. Not as fun.

NRSASD
2015-06-06, 04:25 PM
Yeah I recommend naming your party after a major event in the campaign. One party I ran with was called the Phoenix Brigade, because we summoned a phoenix at a pivotal moment in a large battle (500+ combatants) and turned the tide while burning our home town down.

Another party I dm-ed for irritated a master wizard and decided to name themselves the Wizard's Vengeance, because they're the kind of party who wears full platemail and stands on barren hilltops during thunderstorms.

Anderlith
2015-06-06, 11:37 PM
Blackfire Irregulars, because of no particular reason

Oddman80
2015-06-08, 07:34 AM
Wyvernstones = Dragon Balls
So... How about:
Dragonballers

Jonagel
2015-06-08, 12:20 PM
What are the names of the party members? You could do something based on their names if you are having trouble finding a common thread/goal/theme.

Maglubiyet
2015-06-08, 03:07 PM
Make it sound like a band.

Jahnni Flametongue and the Fire Starters
the Prismatics Fears
Dagger to the Groin
Maxy Mum Payne
Road to Bytopia
Gelatinous Cub3d
the Abyssal Plains
Lynching the Operatic Dragon
BeHoldEr