PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PoW - How to exceed Initiator Level 24?

heros271
2015-06-06, 05:39 AM
As in topic name.

Evangelist 10 + Full-Initiator-Level class(es) give you 10 + 10(0.5) + 9 = 10 + 5 + 9 = 24 initiator level...

Any way to exceed it?

Xerlith
2015-06-06, 07:21 AM
Practiced Initiator (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EPARqt5jpie03MIXStgFrNK_si6g218bjT4TFbcizPY/edit) arguably bumps this to 26, but only if you can decide in what order the bonuses apply. If it does not work, then there's no other way to have that exceeded.

Gemini476
2015-06-06, 09:38 AM
If there's any critter out there with more than double it's CR in hit dice that would also help, I suppose, since your ECL is CR+Class levels and I'm pretty sure racial hit dice count for the purpose of calculating your Initiator Level.

Finding such a creature would be hard, though, and it's only useful for padding out the build after you've finished Evangelist (14/10 IL is hard to beat).

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-06, 10:52 AM
Are you trying to accomplish anything specific with this, or is it an exercise in theory? If it's just "highest possible IL", I don't have any ideas, but if you want to do something with that IL there may be another of going about it.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-06-06, 11:04 AM
From the last page of the PoW current discussion thread.

We were just talking about Evangelist actually. We're going to do pretty much exactly as you suggest Keledrath and put in a rule that your Initiator Level can never exceed your Hit Dice. So y'all can go ahead and consider that official errata until we get it into PoW:E.

Also Practiced initiator specifically says it can't raise IL over your HD.

Roog
2015-06-06, 09:09 PM
As in topic name.

Evangelist 10 + Full-Initiator-Level class(es) give you 10 + 10(0.5) + 9 = 10 + 5 + 9 = 24 initiator level...

Any way to exceed it?

If you are working it out that way:

Full-Initiator-Level class(es) 5 + Evangelist 10 + Legacy Champion 5 = 5 + 9 + 4 +15/2 = 25 IL
you could probably improve that using UA bloodlines.

Also a Thalassic Behemoth (CR20) has 29hd and STR 47, so if there was a discipline with associate with a STR based skill Martial Training I would give it IL 29. Unfortunately there is no discipline that matches that requirement.

A Pleroma Aeon can get IL 22 with a WIS based discipline (IL 24 with +4 WIS item)
A Grim Reaper can get IL 23 with a CHA based discipline (IL 26 with +6 CHA item)
A Jinushigami Kami can get IL 22 with a CHA based discipline (IL 24 with +4 CHA item)
A Nightwave Nightshade can get IL 21 with a CHA based discipline (IL 24 with +6 CHA item)
A Yamaraj Psychopomp can get IL 24 with a DEX based discipline (IL 25 with +2 DEX item)
A Iathavos Qlippoth can get IL 22 with a WIS based discipline (IL 24 with +4 WIS item)
A Star-Spawn of Cthulhu can get IL 21 with a WIS based discipline (IL 24 with +6 WIS item)

Its possible that there are also lower CR creatures that can hit these kinds of numbers

Templates may be able to boost this further:
A young advanced Grim Reaper can get IL 25 with a CHA based discipline (IL 28 with +6 CHA item)
A young advanced pod-spawned nightmare lord Ancient Time Dragon IL 24 with a INT/WIS/CHA based discipline (IL 27 with +6 stat item)

heros271
2015-06-07, 06:09 AM
I'm afraid that PoW is Pathfinder material, not 3.5 one.

Also, shame that they added this errata. This is probably only time when I want book to NOT get released :P

Just kidding. Initiator lvl does not give this good scalings. It was done mainly for theory. What's good with Evangelist is that by sacrificing 1/4 BAB (unless you go Stalker) you can safely do 8-lvl non-martial class... (8*0.5 = 4, + 14 from evangelist progressing full-initiator-lvl class, + 2 lvls of initiator class)

Thealtruistorc
2015-06-07, 10:12 AM
Where is this evangelist archetype everybody keeps talking about?

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-07, 10:28 AM
Where is this evangelist archetype everybody keeps talking about?

It's a prestige class. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/evangelist)