PDA

View Full Version : Junk Golem

Khoran
2007-04-24, 12:42 AM
And now, I bring to you, another poor attempt at Homebrew. I got the idea after looking at Vaynor’s Cloth Golem ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41857).

----

A Junk Golem is created with miscellaneous trash, ranging from used up wands to empty vials, potion vials and other forms of trash you would find in a spell caster’s workshop. More often then naught, these are made by apprentice wizards who are trying to hone the art of construct construction.

Junk Golem
Medium Construct
HD: 2d10+20 (31 HP)
Speed: 30ft
Init: +3
AC: 16 (+3 Natural, +3 Dex)
BAB: +2 Grp: +3
[b]Attack: Slam +3 Melee (1d6+1) or Disregarded weapon (See text)
Full Attack: Slam +3 Melee (1d6+1) and Disregarded weapon (See text)
Space: 5ft; Reach: 5 ft
[b]Special Attack: See Text
Special Defense: See Text
Saves: Fort: +1 Ref: +5 Will: +1
Abilities: Str: 12, Dex: 16, Con: Ø, Wis: 10, Cha: 1
Skills: -*
Feat: Weapon Finesse
Environment:
Organization: Single or Pair
Challenge Rating: 3
Advancement: 4-9(Medium) 10-20 (Large)
Treasure: None or Disregarded Weapon
Alignment: Always Neutral

*A junk golem has a conditional +8 to hide when disassembled.

A pile of miscellaneous household items lay on the ground. As you approach; it quickly leaps up, takes the form of a humanoid and attacks!

Disregarded Weapon Often one of the pieces that make up a Junk Golem is an old weapon, normally in place of a hand. Roll a d%, on a 1-25, the Junk Golem only has a slam attack. On a 26-75 it has a single weapon in its hand, and roll again on the table. On a 76-100, it has a weapon in its main hand and a light weapon in the off hand and counts as having Two-Weapon Fighting

{table=head]Disregarded Weapons |
1-10|
Gauntlet

11-20|
Spiked Gauntlet

21-30|
Dagger

31-40|
Sickle

41-50|
Light Hammer

51-60|
Hand Axe

61-70|
Kukri

71-80|
Light Pick

81-90|
Short Sword

91-99|
Rapier

100|
DM’s Choice[/table]

Immunity to Magic (Ex)
An iron golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.

A magical attack that deals fire damage slows a junk golem (as the slow spell) for 3 rounds, with no saving throw and prevents a junk golem using their Disassemble ability.

Loose Construction
A junk golems form is not solid, but instead consists of a mass of loose trash, used up magic items and disregarded weapons held together by magic. It takes Half Damage from Slashing Weapons and No Damage from Piercing

Disassemble (Ex)
Due to its loose assembly, a Junk Golems are to disassemble itself into loose pieces. While in this form, it is counted as a Swarm that takes up 10ft square. In this form, it is unable to use its slam and/or Disregarded Weapon, and instead gets a Swarm Attack (1d6 Swarm) and the Reassemble ability and an alteration it’s Immunity to Magic.

*Immunity to Magic Change
A magical attack that deals fire damage entangles as Junk Golem, melting it to the ground and renders it unable to use its swarm attack or Reassemble ability. It remains like this until Freedom of Movement or similar spell is cast on it. This is generally seen as a waste of a spell.

Reassemble (Ex)
A Junk Golem is able to pull its loose form back into its vaguely humanoid shape. A Junk Golem chooses one of the four squares it occupies. If a creature already occupies this space, it may make a DC 14 reflex save to avoid having the golem reform around them. Otherwise, it is considered grappled and takes 1d6 damage per round, an opposed grapple allows the subject to break free of the collapsing golem.

Construction:
A Junk Golem’s construction takes nothing more then a trash, and therefore requires no gold for construction. Metal bits made of special materials have no special effect on the junk golem’s statistics; however, if a magic weapon is used in construction of a Junk Golem, it gains this weapon as a Disregarded Weapon. If a wand is used in the construction, it gains the wand as a Spell-like ability until all the charges are used.
The Creator must be of at least 4th level and able to cast Arcane or Divine Magic. The Ritual to create a Junk Golem costs X experience.

Matthew
2007-05-02, 08:01 AM
I quite like this, though I would have been tempted to make it a bit stronger, I think it works quite well.

Zeta Kai
2007-05-02, 10:13 AM
I agree; great idea, nicely-written abilities, & needs to be tougher.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-02, 10:42 AM
The construction section needs work, although I expect you knew that already. I'll see if I can find the guidelines I used to figure out spells and costs for my constructs...

EvilElitest
2007-05-02, 11:31 AM
Great weapon for a magic high city, enemies coming though the sewers, junk attack
from,
EE