PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Angels In Pop Fiction

LuckyDee
2015-06-07, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone,

For a homebrew system I'm working on, I've taken and interest in angels - the biblical kind - and especially their fallen brethren. I must admit I haven't read the bible, but from what I've found so far, there actually seems to be surprisingly little information on these creatures in it. I'm betting there's a wealth of stories on them in popular fiction though: so far the Prophecy movies spring to mind, as well as a short story in Neil Gaiman's Smoke & Mirrors. So my question to you: what movies/stories/games worth having a look at do you know?

Thanks to anyone who cares to offer some input!

Dee

Xefas
2015-06-07, 01:29 PM
I'm about to head to work, but I can at least link the Fallen Angel tvtropes page (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FallenAngel), which will have a wealth of things to check out.

Also consider looking up the Grigori, which 'fell' in a different way than the traditional 'fell into Hell for their hubris and became demons' way. IIRC, they're mentioned in the Book of Enoch.

LuckyDee
2015-06-08, 10:24 AM
Thanks! Following up on all the leads on the TvTropes page alone should keep me occupied for the next couple of years. I ordered the Angelwalk Trilogy right away, sounds like suitable material.

I'll check out the Grigori too, but I've already found that on this particular subject, Wikipedia mainly offers a lot of stuff I couldn't be the least interested in. It's hard to put in words what the exact problem is. I think I want stories rather than facts.