PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Fixing the Warforged - (PEACH)

DracoKnight
2015-06-07, 03:27 PM
So, I'm not entirely happy with what the Warforged got in the Unearthed Arcana for Eberron. I like the things they got, but I feel that the Eberron races in general didn't get a whole lot compared to the races of 5e. And while the Warforged isn't the worst of the 5e Eberron races, in my opinion, I did not feel that they quite conveyed the durability of being essentially a robot.

My proposed homebrew rule: Warforged get a racial trait that ups their hit die. So, if you're playing a Warforged Wizard, your hit die would be a d8 not a d6. Then if you were a warforged Barbarian you would essentially get Tough for free? Maybe? Or just 1d12+2?

Anyways - please offer thoughts, comments, and concerns :D

Wartex1
2015-06-07, 03:33 PM
Didn't WotC say that they were going to fix the warforged to allow customization?

Why not just give them a +1 to HP each level.

DracoKnight
2015-06-07, 03:41 PM
Didn't WotC say that they were going to fix the warforged to allow customization?

Why not just give them a +1 to HP each level.

Pretty much all of the Unearthed Arcana is customizable to the DM's discretion.

I dunno...My issue is that there are races that get damage resistances, or innate spellcasting...and weapon and armor training. The Warforged get a +1 AC (which is nice, don't get me wrong), and immunity to disease (but in campaigns I run, or play in, diseases never come up, so that is useless :P ). I had thought about 1 hp per level, but that still didn't seem to convey the toughness/durability of the warforged. The Hill Dwarf gets +1 hp, and they're fleshy. Warforged are robotic magitech. So I almost want to give them more, I just want to make sure that what I want to give them isn't completely breaking the game.

Wartex1
2015-06-07, 03:43 PM
Upping the hit die by one is equivalent to a +1 per levle (bar first level).

When I said customizable, I meant like attaching handaxes to your wrist customizable.

DracoKnight
2015-06-07, 03:48 PM
Upping the hit die by one is equivalent to a +1 per levle (bar first level).

When I said customizable, I meant like attaching handaxes to your wrist customizable.

That is true. But it also allows for potentially more HP if you roll.

I like the idea of them being customizable. I would probably make mine have arms General Grievous style, rather than handaxes attached to my wrist, but yeah, I think they said something to that effect :D