PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony: Slice of Life XII: Season 3 Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Humble Master
2015-06-07, 05:27 PM
"And to be even more fair to Sabina..." Subtle said and she prepared to channel the strange magic of technomancy. "Arcane History is a very difficult class. I think I only got a B-. " She touched the cave paintings, the bizarre knowledge of how the world worked flowing through her mind. The hexagonal energy of Gear's technomancy appeared where Subtlear's hoof touched the cave's wall. The hexagons spread out and then vanished. "Ok, that is really weird casting magic without a horn. Anyway, I think the auras are tied to certain pictures. The wolf, bird, caterpillar, flower, mushroom and fox all have an aura connected to them. I've no idea what the auras actually do though."

[roll0]
Construction:[roll1]+10=13 spending 7 Will for Arcanography.
You have a little trouble, not being completely fluent. What's worse is that much the writing has been all but worn away. The words you do manage to decipher are: Chain... Ponies... Cadre...

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 05:34 PM
Son of a DIamond DOG! We are in another ****ing Darlock Ruin.... Spark is clearly pissed off now.

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 05:35 PM
"So ideas... how do we get past the roots?" Sabina ignores the Darlok comment.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-07, 05:37 PM
Darlok ruin?

Wait, how do you know that? I don't see any of that super-creepy carapace-paper or stuff anywhere, and I don't remember any of those murals in any of the Darlok ruins.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 05:38 PM
Because of this word right here Cadre. They were the only ones who used it. Spadepha points at it with herhis hoof.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-07, 05:40 PM
Adepha looks over at the fading runes.

Linguistics
[roll0] 15

Humble Master
2015-06-07, 05:45 PM
"Wait." Subtlear said. "If this is a Darlokian ruin, why are there pictures of happy Ponies?"

Spark's translation was correct. The only words that are ledgible are Chain, Ponies and Cadre.

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 05:45 PM
"What did Cadre mean?" Sabina asked.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 05:49 PM
spark narrows his eyes at Subtle.
what happened to your voice you dont sound lik gear anymore.

Rater202
2015-06-07, 05:53 PM
spark narrows his eyes at Subtle.
what happened to your voice you dont sound lik gear anymore.

She sounds just like me, Spark.

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 06:03 PM
"I dunno, that seems like a perfectly good question."

Humble Master
2015-06-07, 06:42 PM
"You're probably just hearing things. You were talking to those ghosts before." Subtlear pointed out before turning to Sabtle "If I recall correctly the Cadres were like special subdivisions of the Hive. There was the Alchemist, Infiltration, Warrior and Administration Cadre I think."

Emperor Ing
2015-06-07, 06:46 PM
I don't think the Darlokians owned the word "cadre."

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 06:58 PM
"Weird. Don't think you could copyright a word like that." Sabina was getting weary of using the magic sight and was trying to focus on the blurry... whatevers around for a way past the roots.

OBS
[roll0]+14

Humble Master
2015-06-07, 06:58 PM
"True." Subtlear said. "Which is another reason why I'm not sure that this place is a Darlokian ruin. Did you get anything other than cadre from the writting?"

The auras on the cave paintings definitely had something to do with the roots. Either they were power sources for some nature-magic that make the roots grow the way they did or they were magical switches of some kind.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-07, 07:05 PM
I read the words "Chain" and "Ponies."

Maybe there's switches we need to press in sequence...?

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 07:21 PM
"Better than my idea of forming a conga line," Sabina said. "So there is a... a connection between the cave paintings and the roots. Like... um, switches."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 07:36 PM
how many times did we not believe another when it turns out that when they said. Something it was right. How about we just not take any chances on this one. And stop your typos then Subtle.

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 07:53 PM
"Just trying to think positive," Sabina said bravely. "Dragons have a word for optimism, right? Apparently they have one for typewriter even though we don't have one."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 07:58 PM
Sabina you just used the word typewriter, how can you saw you don't have such a word?

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 08:14 PM
Sabina you just used the word typewriter, how can you saw you don't have such a word?

"No, I was referring to you asking Subtle to watch her typos, but she wasn't typing anything."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 08:16 PM
Since when did Subtle Change sexes? I mean ya we changed Bodies but Subtle is still a girl, even if mentally.

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 08:21 PM
"Don't deflect the question! You keep harping that Subtle is acting different, but you aren't yourself either, dragon body or not!"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 08:23 PM
Or really just how am i not acting like myself. hmm Sabina!

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 08:30 PM
Sabina shoulders her way past Spark with a snort. "If you're just going to talk in circles, you can do it in the corner. Excuse me, I have some friends to rescue." She goes over to the drawings and attempts to see if they do anything when charged with raw magic.

Spellcasting [roll0]+19

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 08:37 PM
typical you are not making sense. Spark just looks at the Roots. trying to see past them.

Humble Master
2015-06-07, 09:23 PM
Subtlear bit her lip. It was always a bad sign when her friends started fighting. "Come on, lets focus on trying to save Tenn's gang." For Sabtle, you found that you didn't even need to put any kind of magic into the picture of the flower, simply touching it was enough to receive a warm feeling; perhaps some indication she had flipped the switch. There were no other obvious effects however. Spadepha was less successful and simply staring at the roots did nothing to part them.

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 09:32 PM
"Okay, pushing the flower gave me a warm fuzzy feeling... does that mean anything?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 09:33 PM
Don't really care. Spark mumbles to himself, as he kicks the roots.

Martial artist
[roll0]+14

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 09:38 PM
Don't really care.

"Care...? Hmm! You might be on to something Spark," Sabina points out. "Maybe these pictures have a changeling context to them. Wolf, bird, caterpillar, flower, mushroom and fox. Caterpillars eat flowers right? Birds eat caterpillars maybe?"

Sabina pushes caterpillar.

Rater202
2015-06-07, 09:38 PM
Maybe we could just burn through the roots?

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 09:39 PM
Don't talk to me Sabina. Spark says as he kicks the roots again
[roll0]+14

Rater202
2015-06-07, 09:40 PM
Spark, stop being mad at Sabina!

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 09:45 PM
Lets just find the others. since that is the only thing anyone can agree on.

Spark sends a third kick to the roots.

[roll0]+14

Humble Master
2015-06-07, 10:02 PM
Subtlear's new sparkles began to dim as she saw her friends fighting. Sabtle received another warm fuzzy feeling when she pushed the caterpillar picture. Meanwhile, Spadepha's kicks resounded stop that! in futility against the you'll anger... seemingly magically resilient roots this brute won't get any sympathy. "So, did you get a warm fuzzy of the caterpillar?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 10:06 PM
Spark talks to the stupid voice.
Maybe you! Should have! Listen to me! Back When I Tried PEACE!!!!! maybe you should not play stupid games! and Make Poeple fight Each other! This is your doing! So take your Medicine!!!!!!

With every exclaim he kicked the roots again.

Swagger
[roll0] +2
Martial artist

[roll1]+14
[roll2]+14
[roll3]+14
[roll4]+14
[roll5]+14
[roll6]+14
[roll7]+14
[roll8]+14
[roll9]+14

Emperor Ing
2015-06-07, 10:10 PM
Adepha watched with increasing horror as her coltfriend in her changling body became increasingly angered, lashing out against her friends.

It became clear once he started attacking the branches that this wasn't going to resolve itself on its own.

Geyol Yolos Hil, Helt! She declared.

DigoDragon
2015-06-07, 10:11 PM
With every exclaim he kicked the roots again.

Sabina runs over to Spark. "Whoa whoa whoa hey, let's not break Adepha's carapace kicking a tree. I'm sorry I was rude to you. Just go easy on Adepha's body, please? She'll want it back in the same condition she left it." She turned over to Subtle. "Yeah, got a warm feeling again. Might I be on the right track?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 10:12 PM
yes Dephy I know, but it does not have the same effect anymore, this body did not impress afterall. I am still willing to listen. Also that stupid white voice keeps increasing my frustration. Maybe it should stop toying around and just talk to a ling! Spark shouts the last part at the air.

Humble Master
2015-06-07, 10:25 PM
Spadepha pummeled the roots to no avail. The last strike he delivered wit such force it actually I've seen enough. They shall soon enough find the truth. chipped his carapace. Yet, as Adephark said those words, laden with power, she felt something within her and then... nothing. Spark was not affected by the magical utterance. "Probably. Keep poking the pictures." Subtlear said before she tried to dismount Gearbina and run over to Spadepha. She coughed a little on the way, not used to Gear's diseased lungs, but managed to get there none the less. "Spark, please, stop! Just ignore these "white voices". Maybe you're hearing things. Maybe you're just not used to your empathy sense." Subtlear wrapped her legs around Spadepha, trying to let him feed off of her friendly affection in the hopes of pacifying him.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 10:29 PM
I am stopping, but this spirit/ or whatever it is pissing me off.Spark just sits next to the roots.
I tried peace and this whole mess is what we got. It is really because of stuff like this that I keep find it hard to be peaceful. When ever you try you just get used anyways.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-07, 10:34 PM
Adepha jumps to interpose her present body between Spark and the vines. Spark can feel the frustration and concern emanating off of his disguised dragon body.

I'm gonna be honest Spark: I'm fine if it doesn't work. I hate using it. I HAAATE it. I hate the idea that I could be controlling you, that someling else is probably taking away your free will with just a few syllables.

Also, I hear the "white voice" too. It's like...whispers, in the air, I swear I can just make out the words but they escape me.

But Spark, listen. We need to work together if we're going to figure out this mystery and save Tenn, Violet, Ectato, and the others. Beating on the roots isn't helping, and we don't know if whatever is controlling this will respond to this violence well. Fighting Sabina and Gear is only putting us, and them in more danger. You're frustrated, I get it. I don't need empathy-sense to figure that out, but if you need to vent, then hit me. Hit me until my legs break or I have no more ribs, I don't mind. But there is one thing I won't let you do: I won't let your damn recklessness put anyling in danger!

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 10:38 PM
Spark only hugs the others. I can't hit you any of you. But When peace refuses to work when this spirit ignores us to simply taunt us. Takes away our friends and then watches us as it plays with us as toys. Watches us as we agonize over being what it did to us. It makes me what to hurt it. SO hitting what ever it likes seems to be the only way to get it speak well then Speak!

Also um I am going to need to check your leg when we switch back. I think i may have chipped your Carapace.I am sorry.

Rater202
2015-06-07, 11:00 PM
So, what was it? flower, Caterpillar, Bird?

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-07, 11:10 PM
Spark tries to take a breath, and talk reasonably again. He stared at Adepha.

Please never tell me to hit you again. i could never do such a thing. I hate myself for when i had hit Gear once. I vented and now I am fine.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-08, 02:21 AM
I think everyling's tempers are running a little wild right now. Adepha attempts to be diplomatic. I think Sabina was on to something with the sequence in the mural...

DigoDragon
2015-06-08, 05:27 AM
So, what was it? flower, Caterpillar, Bird?

"Yeah, bird should be next," Sabina said a bit flatly, walking back to the pictures. She pushes the bird image. Freakin' ill-tempered dragon can't just chill out five minutes so we can work out this puzzle she thought to herself.

Humble Master
2015-06-08, 07:57 AM
When Sabtle touched the picture of the bird she received another warm feeling. Subtlear was beginning to get slightly annoyed at the way Spark was acting but said nothing, instead choosing just to keep hugging the dragon in a nymph's body and try and fill herself with tasty love and affection. In doing so, her mind drifted to thinking of Ectato and despite all that was occurring she began to sparkle.

DigoDragon
2015-06-08, 08:13 AM
her mind drifted to thinking of Ectato and despite all that was occurring she began to sparkle.

'Turn on your spotlight' Sabina sang in her head. She then pushed fox next, hoping for a continual warm fuzzy feeling that she's on the right track. She hoped.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-08, 03:09 PM
Spark looks confused at Subtle though he is still very stiff and rigded like he says he is calm but clearly isn't.

Subtle I can tell you are trying to be supportive but if you are trying to feed me it is not working I don't know how to feed on emotions.

Humble Master
2015-06-08, 06:54 PM
Touching the fox did indeed give Sabina another warm fuzzy; it seemed that she was on the right track. Subtlear paused "Well, I guess you could ask Adepha. But that's kind of secondary, I'm just trying to make you feel better."

Emperor Ing
2015-06-08, 06:56 PM
What IS wrong with you, Spark? I mean, I don't think there's anything in my body that'd make you so...irritable.

DigoDragon
2015-06-08, 07:17 PM
Sabina touched wolf next! Come warm fuzzy feelings! Mama wants to get past these roots!

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-08, 09:03 PM
What IS wrong with you, Spark? I mean, I don't think there's anything in my body that'd make you so...irritable.

Your Mortality hurts Adepha. It hurts more then you can believe. I have not been in this much pain and fear ever. Blaise and Flair, and Smokey i never felt like this around them. This is pure agony! I am sorry... *sobs* Spark curls up as best he can. He finally was not going to push the point just wait patiently and cry.

Humble Master
2015-06-08, 09:15 PM
Subtle sensed that maybe Spark needed Adepha more than her at the moment and released the dragon in nymph's body. It was so strange, being reminded that Spark was immortal. It made her think beyond just their life together as foals and beyond; a frightening prospect, the future could be. She motioned for Adepha to hug her dragon-friend before moving over to Sabina. Fortunately, Sabina had received another warm fuzzy. "So, did it work? By process of elimination the mushroom should be the next one."

DigoDragon
2015-06-08, 09:39 PM
"Yup! Mushroom is the last one!" Sabina pushes it, feeling confident! Subtle might feel some jaw soreness when she gets ger body back with the amount of grinning Sabina is doing.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-08, 09:50 PM
Your Mortality hurts Adepha. It hurts more then you can believe. I have not been in this much pain and fear ever. Blaise and Flair, and Smokey i never felt like this around them. This is pure agony! I am sorry... *sobs* Spark curls up as best he can. He finally was not going to push the point just wait patiently and cry.

Adepha tried to sympathize with Spark, but she quickly realized the full extent of his problem was way out of her league. Spark was immortal, at least to an extent. Barring something unfortunate happening, he'll live forever. He'll live to see the end of the world. To be shunted into a mortal body is an existential terror the likes of which Adepha just wasn't prepared to fathom, to say nothing of the implications it would have on their relationship in the long-term.

Still, Adepha did what she could to help. She went over to the sobbing dragon in her body, and gave hir a reassuring hug. It wasn't much, but it can't hurt to make Spark feel safe while the nymph in a dragon's body spoke reassurances. Don't worry Spark, we'll get you in your old body back. Noling's going to hurt you as long as i'm here.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-08, 09:57 PM
No ling is hurting me Dephy, this just hurts. So much. But Forget about me, I need to get you your body back. You are more important. Spark says though he does not move.

Humble Master
2015-06-08, 10:06 PM
At least Sabina was remaining positive Subtle thought. Wait, had she already put bows in her mane? Regardless of Sabina's fashion choices, once she laid her hoof upon the cave drawing of the strange mushroom, a phantom breeze blew out of the picture and through the room. Nothing happened for a moment, but then a groaning was heard as the roots blocking the path gently retracted and moved to support the newly formed passage. "Excellent. Deeper we go." Subtle said, offering Sabina a hoof bump.

DigoDragon
2015-06-08, 10:11 PM
Wait, had she already put bows in her mane?

Mwahaha.

"Excellent. Deeper we go." Subtle said, offering Sabina a hoof bump.

"Excellent!" Sabina accepts the Hoofbump and points down the newly opened passage. "Come, my friends! Let us continue and get ourselves straightened out."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-08, 10:36 PM
Spark gets up and starys to limp on his chipped leg ad he makes his way down.

Rater202
2015-06-08, 10:49 PM
And Gear once more picks up and Carries Subtle

Weightlifting:[roll0]+11 19

Emperor Ing
2015-06-08, 11:26 PM
Adepha remembers Spark claiming he chipped some carapace, but judging by the fact that he wasn't screaming in agony after the fact, he may have exaggerated the problem.

Or maybe his current manifestation of agony was a delayed reaction.

Still, Adepha stood by Spark's side to help carry him further into the cave.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-08, 11:35 PM
thank you Adepha.

Humble Master
2015-06-08, 11:35 PM
"Wheee! back on the Gear ride." Subtle said as she was hoisted onto Gear's back. You ventured through the passage behind the roots only to find a very odd sight ahead of you. Light, it seemed, was pouring into the tunnel from the next room. What's more, you heard the distinct gurgling of water flowing through a small stream. Peering into this illuminated cavern you found that there was indeed a small underground stream which flowed through and bisected the cave. Stranger still the ceiling was carpeted with what looked to be a mold yet it glowed with a golden light. Impossibly, green grass was growing alongside the stream. More cave paintings adorned the walls though these all appeared to be animals. They were all along the walls at regular intervals and each image had a design of dots connected with lines superimposed upon it. In the center of the underground stream, a small outcropping of rock bore a totem-like object carved from a stripped tree trunk with bone inlays.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 12:22 AM
spark moves to the totem while hoping there is grass as he will lay down. he then tries to see if he knows anything about it.

history
[roll0]+2

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 12:26 AM
Adepha looked at this mural, attempting to discern its meaning, seeing if there's any changling runes here too.

Linguistics
[roll0] 14

Rater202
2015-06-09, 01:10 AM
"Wheee! back on the Gear ride."

That's not how you reacted the first time.

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 06:25 AM
That's not how you reacted the first time.

"Everyone eventually learns that they want to ride the Sab--" Sabina's started going a bit red as she just realized how awkwardly her statement could be taken. "Ahem. It's nice to get carried sometimes. So, uh, this is a pretty spot." She looks around the murals here to see if there was any kind of pattern or code.

OBS [roll0]+14

Humble Master
2015-06-09, 07:57 AM
"I've consigned myself to being toted about by you. Might as well try and enjoy it." Subtle explained.

There is no historic information you can recall regarding this totem.
You can find a few Changlic runes scrawled between two images. Like the ones before, they are faded and difficult to make out. All that you can get is: totem, spirit and month.
You're almost certain there is not hidden message or concealed code within the paintings. It appears to just be a zodiac of some kind.
My apologies, I neglected to mention that on the opposite side of the cavern, past the stream and totem, there is an open passage.

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 08:11 AM
"Hmm... zodiac symbols here," Sabina commented, looking over the images. "Oooh, idea! Maybe we have to chain these in order? Hmm, but the passage seems open further in... no, but it could be a trap?" She studied the images a little bit longer.

"Okay, I'm going to try. What's the first sign usually on a list? Aries? That's a... goat or ram?" Sabina looks for a ram and pushes it if she finds one.

OBS [roll0]+14 (Storing crit plz)

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 11:35 AM
Spark looks at the totem to see what it is carvef in the shape of.
Obs
[roll0]+4

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 11:52 AM
The words I can make out are "Totem, Spirit, and Month."

I think it's another sequence.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 12:47 PM
What up there though? Spark points to the open passage. They starts to breath heavy as he lays down.

Humble Master
2015-06-09, 02:15 PM
Sabina quickly found the painting of the ram but pushing her hoof against it did not produce the "warm fuzzy" that had resulted from flipping the preceding switches. "Anyling else interested in how grass is growing underground? Unless that mold is making sunlight or something weird like that."

The totem is carved to depict an innumerable number of animal faces. There is the visages of bears and badgers, birds and deer, wolves and foxes and even more mythical beasts such as manticores and hydras.

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 02:18 PM
"Well, no fuzzy feeling this time. Anyone else find something useful?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 02:20 PM
Grass can grow under neath it only needs water and sunlight. It is not hard for it to grow. Also Sabina, maybe touch the beings on the wall that are also here on the totem? Like the Bear, Badger, Wolf, Fox, Deer Bird. Even a Manticore and Hydra.

Rater202
2015-06-09, 02:24 PM
I have no clue what to do.

I'm sort of out of my element here.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 02:27 PM
Spark after he catches his breath.

Seriously though maybe something helpful is up there.

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 02:36 PM
I have no clue what to do.

I'm sort of out of my element here.

"Well, you got a pretty tough body. Want to poke a hoof at the doorway on the far side to see if the coast is clear?" Sabina asked. "Spark, Adepha, does the totem have a ram?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 02:37 PM
No Ram just the ones I just said.

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 02:40 PM
"Totem, spirit... month," Sabina repeated. "Maybe it's a different kind of zodiac?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 02:41 PM
that does make sense. Spark says as he puts his head down.

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 02:43 PM
Sabina tried thinking if there were any other kinds of Zodiacs besides the classic western one?

Knowledge (Something) [roll0]+donut

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 02:45 PM

I got nothin'.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 02:51 PM
Spark paws at Adepha to hopefully have her lay down next to him. The pain seemed easier to manage with her around.

Humble Master
2015-06-09, 03:07 PM
"Maybe we should just continue down the passage?" Subtle suggested. "I mean, the path seems open. Sabina could check for traps and then we can move on."

The zodiac is mostly the same though Gemini is depicted as a pair of identical wolves, Virgo is a deer as opposed to a maiden mare, Libra is an Owl holding a stone in each of its talons, Sagittarius is a badger and Aquarius is a turtle.

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 03:15 PM
"Trap checking, Okie doki loki!" Sabina said. She walked over to the passage further and looked around.

OBS [roll0]+14

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 03:16 PM
May I stay here guys, I am not fully sure we are finished with this room.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 03:27 PM
Adepha moves next to Spark's collapsed Adepha's body and lays next to it. Well whoever's responsible for all this has gone to a lot of trouble to keep everyling else out.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 03:35 PM
Spark smiles with Adepha's face at her being next to him even if it was his own body. That is very true. They will be getting a piece of my mind by the end of this. So lets see. Bear and Badger. Spark looks at the wall that has the Animals and tries to find those out of them.

[roll0]+4

Humble Master
2015-06-09, 03:59 PM
Though she didn't see any evidence of traps at the passage entrance, as Sabina set hoof on the other side of the stream a burst of wind emanated and terrifyingly loud roar, sounding like an amalgam of numerous animal's calls, exploded from the totem. Suddenly translucent, green tinted beasts emerged from the wood and bone artifact. An ethereal bear, small manticore, miniature hydra, wolf and badger now stood between Sabina and the passage leading deeper into the caves. They bared their teeth and growled menacingly, but made no move to attack Sabina were she stood at the stream's edge.

Make discipline checks.
The zodiac on the wall seems to depict Sagitarius as a badger though you can't find a picture of a bear on the walls.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 04:20 PM
Discipline
[roll0]+8

Spark gets up and runs for his friend. He then growls back at the other creatures as he get in the way of them and his friends. His/her eyes seeming to be redder then before not from crying but as if bloodshot from pain.
Sabina Get away from here!

He then growls at the animal spirits for threatening his friends.

Intimidation
[roll1]+2

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 04:37 PM
They bared their teeth and growled menacingly, but made no move to attack Sabina were she stood at the stream's edge.

"Eep!" Sabina jumped a few steps, not wanting to get Subtle's body mauled.

Discipline
[roll0]+10

Rater202
2015-06-09, 04:51 PM
Discipline:[roll0]+5

Gear stands his ground, or at least tries to.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 05:06 PM
...huh. Is all Adepha can think, seeing the ghostly critters keeping guard to the next room.

I think we still have more puzzles to solve, guys.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 05:15 PM
Adepha can you touch the badger there on the wall?See if my theory is right. Spark continues to stare down the beasts.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 05:57 PM
Alright... Adepha complies, flying over to the badger and touching it with a foreleg. She noted that Spark's wings felt much larger and heavier than the pairs she was used to, even before she became an Elite. Certainly more unwieldy.

Humble Master
2015-06-09, 06:09 PM
"Aieeeeghuck..." Subtle yelped and then coughed. She continued retching for a moment but quickly cleared her windpipe and took a deep breath. Spark's growling seemed to do nothing to phase the pack of ghostly animal guardians. They did calm slightly when Sabina stepped away though each still had its eye trained on one of you, watching. Adepha zipped over and touched the picture of the badger, Sagittarius if this was indeed a zodiac. Nothing appeared to happen.
Ing, I still need a Discipline roll.

if you rolled lower than: [roll0]+8=19
take [roll1] Will damage

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 06:19 PM
"Hmm... can the totem thing be moved?" Sabina asked. She sounded lightly hesitant, having been spooked by the apparitions.

Rater202
2015-06-09, 06:23 PM
She continued retching for a moment but quickly cleared her windpipe and took a deep breath.

No! Slow, shallow breathing. Deep breaths will make it worse.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 06:23 PM
do any of you see a bear in those pictures on the wall? Spark askes as he eyes the bear and walks up to the waters edge.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 06:25 PM
Discipline check
[roll0]

What's Spark's discipline bonus?

Humble Master
2015-06-09, 08:23 PM
Subtle nodded and followed Gear's instructions, forcing herself to take little sips of air. Spark meanwhile couldn't see any pictures of a bear on the walls but as she approached the water, the manticore spirit began to focus on him and bare its teeth. "Maybe try it Sabina. The spirits do seem connected to the totem somehow."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 08:26 PM
I am not scared of you! Spark stares down the Manticore. Interesting though there were 5 of these Creatures and 5 of them. He puts a hoof into the water and watches to see what the manticore does.

DigoDragon
2015-06-09, 08:32 PM
"Spark, please keep in mind you're not in your own body," Sabina reminded him helpfully. She went over and attempted to pick up the totem with her unicorn telekinesis magic.

Need Spellcasting?
[roll0]+19

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 08:33 PM
I know Sabina. I won't risk anything, but standing here learning nothing does not help us, does it.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 08:49 PM
And I suck at puzzles. Adepha admits.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 10:31 PM
Lets just work.... *painful grunt* worh this out together ok Dephy.

Humble Master
2015-06-09, 10:33 PM
As Spark put his hoof the water the manticore audibly growled but did nothing else. As much as Sabina yanked at the totem it did not budge. It seemed that the totem was anchored to the earth in some fashion which would require a great deal of force to uproot it. Subtle moved over and placed her hoof on the totem, summoning the bizarre powers of technomancy. "Maybe I can find something out about the spell on this thing." She paused for a moment as the magic revealed the nature of the totem to her. "OK, the totem is like a projector for the spirits and if we turn it off somehow they spirits will go away. Its connected to the zodiac pictures but I think that if we press to many of the wrong ones the spirits will attack us. I think that the particular picture which is the "off switch" changes over time but I don't know what that is tied to."

Construction:[roll0]+10=23 spending 7 Will on this casting of Arcaneography.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 10:35 PM
Spark did another step forward as he watched the one that growled at him. He was ready to go back if it did anything other then growl.

Rater202
2015-06-09, 10:45 PM
As Spark put his hoof the water the manticore audibly growled but did nothing else. As much as Sabina yanked at the totem it did not budge. It seemed that the totem was anchored to the earth in some fashion which would require a great deal of force to uproot it. Subtle moved over and placed her hoof on the totem, summoning the bizarre powers of technomancy. "Maybe I can find something out about the spell on this thing." She paused for a moment as the magic revealed the nature of the totem to her. "OK, the totem is like a projector for the spirits and if we turn it off somehow they spirits will go away. Its connected to the zodiac pictures but I think that if we press to many of the wrong ones the spirits will attack us. I think that the particular picture which is the "off switch" changes over time but I don't know what that is tied to."

Construction:[roll0]+10=23 spending 7 Will on this casting of Arcaneography.

How did you get that from my spell?

Maybe we should just skip to the part where we destroy the spirits?

Or the totem.

Sis, what are those words that turn you into a dragon?

Emperor Ing
2015-06-09, 10:51 PM
Adepha scratches the back of Spark's body's head. Does it have something to do with the images' size? Adepha spitballed. I mean, I don't think Hydras are that tiny.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-09, 11:04 PM
Gear please lets not bring out the rage and violence unless we have to.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 05:35 AM
Sis, what are those words that turn you into a dragon?

Gear please lets not bring out the rage and violence unless we have to.

"It's Mul Qah Diiv, in case you need it," Sabina said. "Saying it with love and passion makes it work better. Kind of. Maybe not. Makes me feel good though."

She looked at the walls. "Okay so... how do we turn these things off? Did touching their picture on the totem do anything?"

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 07:46 AM
"Not all of those creatures have a picture on the wall." Subtle said as she tried to think through what to do. "Lets see. The correct zodiac picture changes based on some cycle. The Changlic said month. Hmm." As Spark took another step forward the manticore spirit raised its stinger-tipped tail and tensed itself as though it was ready to strike.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 07:49 AM
Sabina looks for one of the spectral creatures on the totem and touched it to see if anything happens.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 07:50 AM
Spark stops and steps back. He was not willing to risk anymore, in this body. He just waits across the stream from the spirits. He tries to think what Zodiac would be for his people right now.
memory
[roll0]+2

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 03:22 PM
Sabina finds that each of the animal spirits has a corresponding carving on the totem. When she touches them, the corresponding animal spirit seem to howl and become more agitated.

You recall that it's September 25 which would mean the proper zodiac sign is Libra, the owl picture in this version of the zodiac.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 03:23 PM
Stop touching the totem and touch owl on the wall!

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 03:27 PM
Stop touching the totem and touch owl on the wall!

"I feel like it should buy me dinner first." Sabina reaches out with her telekinesis and presses the owl.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 03:30 PM
No the bat boy bought you dinner, That situation requires an adult.

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 03:34 PM
"What are you two talking about?" Subtle said, very much confused by Spark and Sabina's conversation. Regardless, as the telekinetic force pressed against the owl picture another great howl was heard and a rush of wind flew into the totem. When you looked back at the passage, the host of animal spirits was gone.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 03:35 PM
"But he never asked me to touch him there," Sabina countered as she wiped her brow. "I mean, who's supposed to ask in that kind of situation really? The touchor or the touchee?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 03:36 PM
Spark just collapses has it was adrenaline keeping him up. Finally! He then, with alot of trembling, gets up and moves for the opening. He limps along like before but every step was with a shaking hoof.

Well if you want him to ask. Simple as that.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 03:42 PM
Spark? You need me to carry you? The nymph asked as Spark's body was brought up next to the body Spark was using. PLEASE don't tell me when you chipping my carapace was actually a lot more serious than it sounded.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 03:43 PM
Well if you want him to ask. Simple as that.

"Well hey, why don't I ask Gear? He'd be an expert at this." Sabina walked over to Gear. You know, other than adults, Sabina wasn't used to looking up at anyone.

"So, Gear! Who asked first to touch Monkey's wings? You or him?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 03:46 PM
Spark? You need me to carry you? The nymph asked as Spark's body was brought up next to the body Spark was using. PLEASE don't tell me when you chipping my carapace was actually a lot more serious than it sounded.

I am fine Adepha, I am fine. Just need to keep going. I will get you your body back. The chip was not really that serious. It should be fine in a day. I am just starting to feel weak, from everything..

Rater202
2015-06-10, 03:51 PM
""[COLOR="#696969"]So, Gear! Who asked first to touch Monkey's wings? You or him?"

Oh, I thought you were talking about*blush* never mind.

Um. We haven't really gotten to that level yet-letting somepony else touch their wings is apparently a big thing for pegasi. The closest we've come is when he puts a wing over me.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 03:53 PM
Um. We haven't really gotten to that level yet-letting somepony else touch their wings is apparently a big thing for pegasi. The closest we've come is when he puts a wing over me.

Sabina seemed content with the answer. "Thank you Gear. So it seems Tenn has to ask first. After buying me dinner of course. Speaking of which, let us move onward to rescue our friends!" She hoped across the water and walked toward the passage further in.

Rater202
2015-06-10, 04:13 PM
Didn't you say you'd already massaged his wings?

Gear carries Subtle after Sabina.

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 04:14 PM
When Subtle heard Gear and Sabina's exchange she blushed slightly, though why she couldn't say. She and Ectato hadn't done anything... intimate. They barely even held each other's hooves. Once again, you proceeded down the passageway. This time, the corridor opens into a bizarre cavern which falls away a deep crevasse with a spire of rock in the center. 5 bridges of earth and roots connect the spire to both the entrance you are at and 4 arches in the wall. The central spire bears a large stone pot hewed out of the rock which contains rich looking soil and looks to have some writing carved into it. Each arch is of similar design, rough stones set into the earthy walls, but you do think that there is something distinct in the design of each arch. More strangely, there seems to be an impenetrable wall of darkness in each arch. Looking around, there was no obvious exit aside form the 4 arches. or perhaps something hidden in the crevice. Speaking of which, you could see some jagged forms at the bottom of which looked to be rocks of some kind though they were very strange in their shape.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 04:42 PM
"Sooo... anyone with wings want to see if there's something to the arches?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 04:43 PM
I have a feeling doing such a thing would be a trap.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 05:27 PM
"Ah, but if they expect us to expect a trap then there will be no trap," Sabina countered. She crosses the first bridge to get a closer look at the writing on the pot.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 05:55 PM
So how did whoever built this get around this place if they have to move around so many puzzles? It'd be like if you had to navigate a death-maze from Daring Do just to get to your kitchen to have dinner with your family.

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 05:57 PM
"Maybe no one lived here and it was just a vault or something?" Subtle offered. Sabina crosses the bridge and... nothing happens. Either she had outwitted the designers of this place or there was less cause for paranoia than Spark thought. Seeing that the path was clear, Subtle motioned for Gear to walk her over to the pot as well.

The writing on the pot is in Equestrian and is very clear though it appears to be in the Old Pony Dialect Gear sometimes uses. It looks like its a poem of some sort and reads:
"The sun doth rise 'pon egg an babe
And blessed be thine new life
It groweth stout and mighty
Through all its wondrous days
But death ner' can be run from
And the end cometh to us all
Though this be not a sorrow
But a new beginning for life"

Rater202
2015-06-10, 06:08 PM
Gear does as Subtle says.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 06:19 PM
The writing on the pot is in Equestrian and is very clear though it appears to be in the Old Pony Dialect Gear sometimes uses. It looks like its a poem of some sort and reads:
"The sun doth rise 'pon egg an babe
And blessed be thine new life
It groweth stout and mighty
Through all its wondrous days
But death ner' can be run from
And the end cometh to us all
Though this be not a sorrow
But a new beginning for life"

"Damn, it's written in fancy," Sabina said.

Rater202
2015-06-10, 06:39 PM
When Gear gets to the pot, he reads it.

Born. Grows up. Dies. But death brings new life.

Hopefully it's just a metaphor, and one of us won't really have to die

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 06:43 PM
"Okay, well... what's that got to do with the arches and shadows in them?" Sabina crossed furthest left bridge to get a closer look at the arch.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 07:07 PM
If things keep going that may come to pass. Also i was talking about the flying Sabina, that sounds like a trap. by Io. Adepha's eyes were very bloodshot by this point, as Spark seemed to with her body language start to seem agitated again.

four stages and four arches and we have a pot of soil, something tells me we are growing a plant so it may bloom bare more seeds and then die. that or we are Going to Phoenix.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 07:14 PM
"Phoenix? I haven't packed for a trip," Sabina replied as she crossed. "See if there is a seed in the pot now. Maybe your idea is the right one."

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 07:19 PM
Unless we know a "plants grow faster" spell then I don't know what we're supposed to do.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 07:27 PM
Spark signs.

each Arch is slight different from one another we may simply have to put the pot into the correct sequence of Arches and then we can move on. What does each Arch look like up close?

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 07:39 PM
Upon closer inspection each arch has something distinct about it. One has seeds and nuts worked into the mortar of the arch, another has the stones held together by stout vines, the third is covered in decaying and diseased plant matter and the final one has a few mushroom and some grass growing out of it. Subtle meanwhile poked about in the pot. "No, there's no seed in the pot."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 07:41 PM
Spark moves up to Adepha and whispers. I am sorry if i am not right, and I can't restore ourselves. I have to take this risk. Spark then walks into the arch way that is motifed with nuts and seeds.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 07:45 PM
Spark then walks into the arch way that is motifed with nuts and seeds.

Sabina stops Spark with her telekinesis. "Whoa, hold on there!" she shouts. "Let's test this on something we can afford to lose, not walk into it blindly. You could kill yourself AND lose Adepha's body."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 07:47 PM
Spark keeps going. Not letting a little telekinetic pull stop him.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 07:47 PM
Adepha swiftly flew in Spark's path. Ooooh no. I'm not letting you risk hurting yourself. Besides, i'm gonna kill you if you die.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 07:50 PM
Spark keeps going. Not letting a little telekinetic pull stop him.

Spellcasting to hold him back.
[roll0]+17

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 07:53 PM
you have to trust me Dephy please. Spark says as he pulls at the stupid magic.

flying=27
2d+18

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 07:57 PM
you have to trust me Dephy please.

"How can anyone trust you when you decide to walk through something we haven't tested yet? That's not trust, that's you being suicidal! Stop to think about your actions first!"

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 07:59 PM
Well if Spark is so sure, i'm sure there won't be a problem if I come with him, then. Adepha announced as (s)he grabbed the pot of soil and moved to walk with Spark into the first archway. And I won't take no for an answer.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 08:00 PM
Aside from this idiot making an immortal Mortal. We have not ever been in danger, so long as we thought about things. These are simply magically darkened areas. Trying to hide what is beyond. How about instead of stopping me you trust me, plus if I am wrong you no longer need to deal with me. Win win. The last one is as Spark passes Sabina. Spark looks to Adepha.

Fine But I enter first.

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 08:01 PM
Unfortunately, Sabina's telekinetic powers were insufficient to hold back the lightning-quick body of Adepha. Spark zipped through the arch with egg and seed, disappearing into the blackness as a gust of wind flew into the arch as well...

Its a Sphere of Annihilation, you die, no save.

Everything went black. You felt wind rushing by you and heard it howl in your ear. And, suddenly, you were standing in front of the stone pot again. Everything in the room was the same, except that you couldn't see your friends anywhere and there was something now growing in the pot. Looking inside, it seems a small sprout has emerged from the soil.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 08:06 PM
Spark heads through the same arch again to see if he returns back to his friends.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 08:06 PM
Aargh! Adepha growled as she put down the pot, and flew into the archway behind Spark.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 08:13 PM
Sabina sighs angrily, looking over at Gear and Subtle. "I'd slap him if he weren't in Adepha's body."

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 08:34 PM
"And if you can find him." Subtle added to Sabina's comment.

You are surrounded by darkness and rushing wind for a brief moment before abruptly finding yourself back in front of the stone pot. Nothing about the room has been altered save for the fact that your friends aren't here and something is now growing in the stone pot. Looking inside, it now bares a small sprout poking its leaves out of the soil. You also see Spark vanishing back into the egg and seed arch.
Once again, darkness and wind surrounds you but this time there is a biting cold to the breeze. You find yourself in a great pit, rocks and thick, creeping vines strewn everywhere. There are some very odd shapes among the rocks however that don't look very natural. You can hear the faint trickling of water and you see a small spring in one corner full of crystal clear water. By the water there is also a miniature apple tree heavy with plump fruit. As you look up, you see 5 bridges extending from a central pillar and realize that you are at the bottom of the crevasse.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 08:45 PM
Spark simply moves to be underneath or near the apple tree and lays down. Finally he was away from the others and did not need to bother then. He layed there. and tried to ignore the pain, even though the very thought of such a thing was impossible.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 08:53 PM
Adepha looked back as Spark just went through the archway. Spark...? She asked, following him back through the archway.

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 09:18 PM
Your world went black and windy and suddenly you found yourself at the bottom of a great pit. You saw Spark, laying down by an apple tree.

OOC: See the description I gave Spark.

DigoDragon
2015-06-10, 09:26 PM
Sabina goes over and picks up the pot with her telekinesis. She trots back to the arch with the seeds and tried to stick the put through the archway.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 09:55 PM
Spark's eyes are closed as he lays there with his legs tucked up underneath him. His head is lowered as low as possible as he seems to be just as defeated as possible.

Why won't you just leave me alone, I can see you all from here. I can still feel your hatred for me. You all hate me and wish i would leave, well wish granted. GO and save the others. I am useless to you all in this state. I am clearly no ones friend.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 10:12 PM
Adepha doesn't say anything in reply. There was no use, after all, of entertaining this downward spiral Spark was clearly experiencing. Instead she laid down next to him to give a comforting hug.

Rater202
2015-06-10, 10:26 PM
Obs to hear them talking down below:[roll0]+5 14

Humble Master
2015-06-10, 10:32 PM
As the pot is thrown at the arch, a great gales blows out of it and checks the carved stone container. It appears as though it is not meant to pass through. "So, should we go after them?"

You can swear you herd voices coming form the crevice.

Rater202
2015-06-10, 10:41 PM
Gear looks over into the cevice, and seeing Spark and Adepha, shouts down

How did you get down there.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 10:51 PM
Spark just lays there, not hugging back. He seems to even hold his head from time to time. After a few moments he does not respond to Gear or his questions. He then looked up to Adepha as he tried to speak, then horror took his face as he no long could.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-10, 10:54 PM
Adepha hugs Spark even tighter, feeling fear grip her as she almost feels like Spark is slipping away. I love you, Spark.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-10, 11:11 PM
Spark simply hugs her back this time. He was scared beyond words, this coupled with the pain can be felt by anyone. After a minute of holding her, he then tried to write in the dirt.
"I love you more then words can describe would you help me up I am to heavy to fly on my own" the hoofwriting was poor at best but legible. It is obvious Spark does not normal write with such an appendage.

He then after writing hugs Adepha again.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-11, 02:45 AM
Adepha reads the words. Although she doesn't do anything immediately, Spark's newfound empathy-sense can detect the cocktail of emotions. Surprise, happiness, confusion, all of it dribbled in and mixed with the overpowering sense of love that simply radiated out from the glorious golden changling. Spark would also find hirself hugged even harder, though whether or not this was a gesture of affection or simply holding Spark to allow Adepha to fly back up was unknown. Either way, Adepha began to fly the pair back up to the top, not even caring about how weak or unwieldy this body was compared to her own.

Weightlifting
[roll0] 10

Flying
[roll1] 17

DigoDragon
2015-06-11, 06:38 AM
"So, should we go after them?"

"We might have to, though where they are I'm not-"

How did you get down there.

"-Nevermind, apparently the arch leads down there. Not sure what the point is."

Humble Master
2015-06-11, 07:42 AM
"Well, they can tell us what happened." Subtle said. Adepha took to the air, the necessity of carrying Spark making her flight even more unwieldy. The pair rose slowly but surely until suddenly the vines which lay on the floor of the crevice came to life. They lashed upwards, creepers and tendrils extending towards to airborn pair.

Make a flying check opposed to: [roll0]+20=28

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-11, 07:45 AM
Spark tries his best to Aid Adepha's flying.

[roll0]+18=24

DigoDragon
2015-06-11, 07:54 AM
"Eep! What could we do? Those vines don't look friendly!"

Emperor Ing
2015-06-11, 11:13 AM
Adepha's instincts are to try and evade. As such she attempts to do exactly that, no matter the odds.

flying
[roll0] 11

Humble Master
2015-06-11, 03:38 PM
"I don't know." Subtle said. "You could try your telekinesis." Despite Adepha and Spark working as hard as they could to escape, the vines managed to grasp onto them. The vines quickly threw creepers and tendrils around its victims and began to pull them back into the crevice. Though the vines were forceful, they were not violet and almost felt even gentle.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-11, 03:44 PM
Spark tapped Adepha, and pointed down. He then stopped the buzzing of his wings, as he hugged her more, but he did not seem worried as they descended.

Rater202
2015-06-11, 03:44 PM
Gear drops subtle off of Sabina's back.

Then: What were the words... Mul Qah Diiv!

In full dragon form, Gearbina flies down, and thris to cut the vines with Dragon form's claws.

Flying(Tumbling*):[roll0]+9 18
Martial arts:[roll1]+9 18

(Digo, please subtract 14 fort and/or will from Sabina's sheet.)

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-11, 03:46 PM
Spark waves at Gear to stop. He seems to do so very vigorously and melodramatic so his intentions are understood.

Rater202
2015-06-11, 03:54 PM
Can you think of any other way to get you out of there?

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-11, 04:22 PM
Spark nods his head up and down rapidly

Rater202
2015-06-11, 04:26 PM
You have ten seconds to start explaining, otherwise I'm cutting you lose anyway.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-11, 04:49 PM
We went through the archway and then immediately back again, came down here.

Attacking vines might upset the intelligence that may or may not be controlling this vault place thing.

DigoDragon
2015-06-11, 04:51 PM
"I look kind of funny with wings," Sabina commented to Subtle. "Maybe if we go through the arch we would end up down there?"

Humble Master
2015-06-11, 04:55 PM
The vines continue to pull Adepha and Spark back to earth and, once they were gently placed back on the bottom of the crevice, the vines released them. "So... it doesn't want them to fly out of the crevice?" Meanwhile, Gear descended with no problems the vines making no move as he landed. "But its fine with Gear going down there."

Gear, make an Obs check

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-11, 05:18 PM
Spark just slightly sideways glances at Gear. As they glide down. Once on the earth Spark writes in the dirt.

" Can't speak"
He then looks to the tree while staying right next to Adepha. He writes something then.
" Rocks look strange why"
Then he only moving an inch or two away as he approaches and simply touches one of the apples seeing what happens.

Rater202
2015-06-11, 05:25 PM
Gear looks around, trying to figure out what's wrong with this place:[roll0]+5 15

Humble Master
2015-06-11, 06:35 PM
Nothing occurs when Spark touches the apple. You realize that if this crevice is meant to be a prison, perhaps the apples and water are meant to be sustenance for the prisoners.

You realizes that these "strange looking rocks" are not rocks at all but pieces of armor! It looks like there is a great deal of this armor lying among the rubble and covered in moss.

DigoDragon
2015-06-11, 06:39 PM
"Well Subtle, maybe we should move on and catch up with them?" Sabina suggested. She began walking toward the arch.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-11, 06:57 PM
So, uh, how do we get out of here...?

Rater202
2015-06-11, 07:05 PM
Sabina, stop! Just stay where you are, I think this is some kind of "keep ponies who fail the test here until they die place".

There's a lot of old armor down here.

Meaning this is the part where we fly up and I tear the vines, like I was planning to to begin with.

Humble Master
2015-06-11, 07:13 PM
"Hmm, I guess it does sort of seem that way. I don't think the answer to the puzzle would involve going through the "birth" arch twice. But check the armor, it might have some weapons or something you could use to help cut. Might have some other goodies anyway." Subtle said, channeling her inner adventurer.

DigoDragon
2015-06-11, 07:14 PM
Sabina stays put as per Gear's suggestion.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-11, 07:18 PM
Oh, I see. Adepha says, slightly depressed, however this realization is in no way directed at Gear. Spark can sense hir growing excitment directed at Gear instead. Mind if I burn things with you? Adepha's body is then engulfed in golden flame, replaced with Spark's normal dragon body. Adepha didn't know how to stand on two legs, but she could fly well enough on two wings.

Rater202
2015-06-11, 07:50 PM
Give me a sec, I'm gonna check the armor.

Investigation:[roll0]+5 21

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-11, 10:44 PM
Spark stood by Adepha, and when under one of her wings, He did not want her to go, he clung to her. He was desperate, so he tried changling magic once more. His horn flickered and sparked. He hoped the plants and vines would listen to him for once. Agree to help them, so they did not have to suffer.
spending 10 from fort 40/50 now and 3 from will 17/20 now.
Spellcasting=15
[roll0]+7

for Nature Trick

Humble Master
2015-06-12, 07:39 AM
Subtle sat with Sabina, content to not get trapped in the pit full of ensnaring vines. "If it's a prison, maybe there is some way to release the prisoners." Subtle told Sabina. "We could look for that." Spark reaches out with his magic, his horn experiencing a strange sensation that really could not be put into words. Though his magic was somewhat miss-matched for the task, he did manage to alter the direction of a few creepers. Should they try and escape again it might be slightly easier.

You find a number of things. Firstly the armor, despite all the moss growing on it, is recognizably Changling in design. Fortunately you can't find any remains which implies the wearers did not die here but simply had to discard their armor. You do find a sharpened crystal affixed to a broken shaft, a Darlokian Hateblade, as well as a tattered carapace paper sheet covered in Changlic writing which has survived all these years.
[roll0]

DigoDragon
2015-06-12, 07:46 AM
Subtle sat with Sabina, content to not get trapped in the pit full of ensnaring vines. "If it's a prison, maybe there is some way to release the prisoners." Subtle told Sabina. "We could look for that."

Sabina nods. "Yeah, maybe someone left clues around here." She wanders around looking to see if there were any scrawled messages or something to the trap's workings.

OBS
[roll0]+14

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-12, 07:47 AM
Spark buzzes his wings while it was not enough to allow him some air time, he did try and say that now they should try and fly.

Aid another flying
[roll0]+18

Rater202
2015-06-12, 02:39 PM
Gear grabs the carapace paper and the hate blade, before trying to fly up.

[roll0]+9 18

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-12, 03:19 PM
Spark points at the paper, and trying to ask if he can see them. He was not flying so he maybe able to read something on them, He definetly could if Adepha had ever taken the time to learn her own species language.

Rater202
2015-06-12, 03:28 PM
Spark points at the paper, and trying to ask if he can see them. He was not flying so he maybe able to read something on them, He definetly could if Adepha had ever taken the time to learn her own species language.

Gear drops the papers down to him as he's flying

Humble Master
2015-06-12, 04:17 PM
Interestingly enough, Gear's ascent was not hindered in any way by the otherwise aggressive vines. None of the plants rose to restrain him and he quickly was back up top on the central spire with Sabina and Subtle.

On the back of the stone pot, partially concealed by a patch of mold, you find a few more carved Equestrian words. They read: "Should you stray from the path you will be held until a Druid who walks the true releases you."

Fortunately, the note is written in a very simple manner and you are able to more or less get the gist of it.

Yukabacera, 5th sacred war-band of the Warrior Cadre
Report on Expedition Asha
The Earth Pony Druids' have been eliminated under orders from the Administration Cadre. No casualties sustained. Queen Nadara has ordered the cave not to be purged by way of defoliator acid. Our Queen, along with members from the Alchemist Cadre and Infiltration Cadre will arrive shortly. Interest has been shown in the ritual used by the Druids. Area will be evacuated at nightfall.
With bravery and honor we serve the Hive Darlok.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-12, 04:31 PM
Huh. Adepha remarks on Gear's super-easy ascent. Maybe we were tagged with some sort of magic that lets them know to keep us here.

Well, Spark, wanna try flying up again?

DigoDragon
2015-06-12, 04:32 PM
On the back of the stone pot, partially concealed by a patch of mold, you find a few more carved Equestrian words. They read: "Should you stray from the path you will be held until a Druid who walks the true releases you."

Sabina tilts her head. Then a little more. Then twists in such a way that she's reading the message upside-down. "I don't get it."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-12, 04:57 PM
Spark's wings are buzzing as he is still trying to be of a help rather then hinderance for Adepha. His horn is glowing as the spell continues to work.

Fly aid another
[roll0]+18

Emperor Ing
2015-06-12, 05:16 PM
Gotcha. Adepha then attempts to fly up through the crevice, hoping to outpace the damn vines.

Flying
[roll0] 16

Humble Master
2015-06-12, 06:53 PM
Adepha and Spark took to the air and once again the vines reached up to restrain them. The creepers lashed around the dragon and nymph, trying to gently but firmly drag them back to the earth. However, the pair flew with greater force and for whatever reason some vines lay on the ground not doing a darn thing. Adepha and Spark ended up checked in the air, wings beating in a desperate attempt to break free. "No time for that now I guess. Try pulling them up with your telekinesis." Subtle suggested to Sabina.

[roll0]+16=23

Rater202
2015-06-12, 07:00 PM
Gear drops the hate blade(on the platform) and flies back to cut the vine.

Again.

Flying:[roll0]+9 16
Martial Arts:[roll1]+9 18

DigoDragon
2015-06-12, 07:02 PM
"No time for that now I guess. Try pulling them up with your telekinesis." Subtle suggested to Sabina.

Sabina righted herself and trotted over to the edge. "Hmm? Oh okay!"

Spellcasting [roll0]+14

Emperor Ing
2015-06-12, 07:49 PM
Adepha flaps her wings hard, trying to break through!
[roll0] Boxcars

Humble Master
2015-06-12, 09:32 PM
As Gear flew down bearing his claws and Sabina reached out with her telekinesis the vines began to mass themselves around their victims. Then, with a great beating of her draconic wings and a grimace of total determination Adepha surged forward breaking away from the vines and feeling, for a moment, the intoxication of pride and glory which dwelled in the hearts of all dragons. The vines were thrown aside and parted like chafe as Adpeha soared out of the crevice and landed on the spire. Subtle sat there, jaw gapping "Wha... That was awesome Adepha!" Unfortunately, Sabina had essentially achieved the exact opposite of what Adepha had done. She found that, despite her best efforts, her horn was forcefully pulling her forward. By turning her head she could guide herself somewhat, but the horn's pull was inexorable and it was essentially impossible to stop getting yanked forward by the head.

DigoDragon
2015-06-12, 09:36 PM
"Ow ow OW OW!" Sabina was scraping hooves against the platform as she was getting pulled off it by the horn.

Rater202
2015-06-12, 09:52 PM
"Ow ow OW OW!" Sabina was scraping hooves against the platform as she was getting pulled off it by the horn.

Cancel the spell you foal!

Gear flies back to the platform before the vines decides to grab him.

DigoDragon
2015-06-12, 10:19 PM
Cancel the spell you foal!

Sabina tries to calm herself to break the magical connection safely.

Discipline
[roll0]+10

Humble Master
2015-06-12, 10:34 PM
Sabina manages to get her horn to stop acting up enough o halt her forward momentum and prevent herself from falling into the pit. The odd magical organ continued to jerka roudna s though it had a will of its own until Subtle gave it a not to gentle tap with her hoof. Though it caused an exquisite dull pain to shoot through Sabina's horn it did stop all errant telekinetic forces. ""Sorry Sabina, but that's the only sure way to shut off an errant spell.

DigoDragon
2015-06-12, 10:48 PM
"Sorry Sabina, but that's the only sure way to shut off an errant spell.

"T-Thank you." Sabina wiped a tear from her right eye, as the experience of being janked by the horn was fairly painful in a way she never experienced before. "I guess it's not every day you have to slap yourself, huh?" She tried to smile at her joke.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-12, 11:14 PM
Spark stayed behind Adepha after they landed. He was trying to make himself as small as possible. He actually did thanks to shapeshifting. Spark was it seemed not Spark anymore, The Brave little Dragon was being a a scaredy cat. He did leave the Chitin Paper next to Adepha, he wanted her to read it. But he was being to timid to do anything else but Hide.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-12, 11:33 PM
Adepha rubbed the back of Spark's head with a claw sheepishly at Subtle's compliments. Heh, thanks.

She looked behind herself to see if Spark was alright, but couldn't find very much left of the Spark she knew. Spark? You look like you're getting worse. Come on, we need your help!

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-12, 11:34 PM
Spark nods though he does not move, He doe how ever point to the note.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-13, 12:08 AM
Adepha looks to the note. Although the carapace paper still makes her uneasy, she attempts to translate it, reading aloud.

Linguistics
[roll0] 13

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 12:23 AM
When Adepha Finishes Spark does poke her and point to the Arch they had walked through once before. Though he looks sheepish doing so, he is not trying to let his fear control him completely, at least for her.

Humble Master
2015-06-13, 07:16 AM
Subtle returned Sabina's smile. "I've had to tweek my horn a fair number of times when I was learning some of my more powerful spells. As long as you don't cast any spells for awhile the pain goes away pretty quickly. Hugs from friends also helps." she said as she embraced Sabina. Once Adepha had finished reading the note Subtle stood there for a moment, genuinely surprised, before speaking. "Earth Pony Druids? I guess that explains this place."

Yukabacera, 5th sacred war-band of the Warrior Cadre
Report on Expedition Asha
The Earth Pony Druids' have been eliminated under orders from the Administration Cadre. No casualties sustained. Queen Nadara has ordered the cave not to be purged by way of defoliator acid. Our Queen, along with members from the Alchemist Cadre and Infiltration Cadre will arrive shortly. Interest has been shown in the ritual used by the Druids. Area will be evacuated at nightfall.
With bravery and honor we serve the Hive Darlok.

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 07:32 AM
"Hugs from friends also helps."

Sabina gladly hugged Subtle back, though it was a weird feeling because she was in Gear's body so it was like hugging two friends in the same space. "Alright, so how do we get around this mess?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 09:22 AM
Spark keeps pointing at the Arch way that he had walked through before.

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 09:30 AM
"Uh, wasn't that how we got tangled in that mess down there in the crevice?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 09:38 AM
Spark shakes his head, and then points to himself, When Sabina finished about the messes.

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 09:43 AM
Sabina looks over at Adepha and Gear for a moment, then back to Spark. "Is there a reason you aren't talking? Hurt your throat or something?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 09:44 AM
Spark hides behind Adepha some more, trying to communicate with Sabina, was bring him out though when she asked that he hid once again.

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 09:47 AM
"Uh... someone want to fill me in on why Spark is now cowering? I'm confused."

Rater202
2015-06-13, 10:27 AM
I have no idea what the hay is going on.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 10:48 AM
Spark puts his ears behind his head, as he is still scared and upset. He goes to the arch of newly growing plants and walks through it again. When he gets to the other side, he sits down by the pot with the sproutling plant.

Rater202
2015-06-13, 10:50 AM
Spark puts his ears behind his head, as he is still scared and upset. He goes to the arch of newly growing plants and walks through it again. When he gets to the other side, he sits down by the pot with the sproutling plant.

Gear flies and tries to pull him back before he gets through.

No! We stick together from now on, Got that?

Flying{Acrobatics}[roll0]+9 18
Weightlifting:[roll1]+11 21

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 11:13 AM
"Maybe he's trying to get us all to follow him?" Sabina postulated.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 11:38 AM
Spark looks at Sabina and nods agreeing to her statement.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-13, 11:45 AM
I don't know if I should be saying this but Spark is taking being in a different body rather hard. His body is immortal, and mine, well, isn't. Adepha answers. And you only find yourself down there if you try to go back through that archway and try to backtrack. At that, Adepha flies forward, still uncertain about Spark's bipedal posture, and goes through the seedling archway.

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 11:47 AM
I don't know if I should be saying this but Spark is taking being in a different body rather hard. His body is immortal, and mine, well, isn't. Adepha answers

Sabina simply nods and questions nothing.

And you only find yourself down there if you try to go back through that archway and try to backtrack. At that, Adepha flies forward, still uncertain about Spark's bipedal posture, and goes through the seedling archway.

"So, going through the arch takes you spmeplace else first before ending up down there by the tree?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 11:52 AM
Spark again at Sabina's last statement and followed Adepha through the Arch.

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 11:57 AM
Sabina follows Spark through the arch. "Might as well. Maybe if we're all together we can figure this out."

Humble Master
2015-06-13, 12:01 PM
"Alright, so lets not back track." Subtle said and followed Adepha and Spark through the arch decorated with seeds and eggshells. Each of you in turn was taken hold of by wind and darkness and then deposited before the stone pot which now bore a tiny sapling. "Well that was weird. So, I guess we need to keep going through the arches that match up with the cycle of life or whatever?"

Reminder on the remaining three arches:

on is covered in and diseased plant matter, another has the stones held together by stout vines, and the final one has a few mushroom and some grass growing out of it.

You can give me an order or do it one arch at a time.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 12:11 PM
Spark stays right next to Adepha but points to the arch of stout vines.

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 12:14 PM
"Yeah, I'm thinking the order is stout vines, rotting vines, and then shrooms... heehee, shrooms," Sabina giggled. She walked to the stout vines arch to step through.

Humble Master
2015-06-13, 12:21 PM
"That sounds right." Subtle said and followed Sabina. One after the other, you stepped through the arch and were whisked through it by darkness and wind. After this first arch, the sapling within the pot had grown into an enormous vine which spills out of the pot and reaches to the ceiling. Past the next arch, the plant ad died and seemed to be in an advanced state of decay. Finally, you stepped through the arch decorated with sprouts and mushrooms. As you stepped out they continue to approach in front of the pot, you found that the dead plant had entirely rotted away save for its thick, moldering stalk. From this stump however, a new sapling was beginning to emerge. Moreover, on the opposite side of the room a 6th bridge had appeared which led to a previously nonexistent exit from the room.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 12:27 PM
Spark stays right next to Adepha if not slightly behind, as he looks at the new Arch. he nudged and shrugged at Adepha. He wondered if that was the correct way to go. He waited for the others to say something or do something.

DigoDragon
2015-06-13, 12:27 PM
Moreover, on the opposite side of the room a 6th bridge had appeared which led to a previously nonexistent exit from the room.

"PRAISE THE MOON!!" Sabina joyfully shouted. "Come on, hopefully our wayward friends are nearby!"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-13, 12:29 PM
Spark took cover as Sabina's sudden loudness startled him.

Emperor Ing
2015-06-13, 12:48 PM
Adepha followed the others, figuring this was the correct way as well.

Hey that's Subtle's-oh, wait. Nevermind. Praise the moon indeed! Adepha said at her Earth Pony Unicorn friend, and continued on through the 6th bridge.