PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What are best ways to gain movement speed while armored?

heros271
2015-06-08, 02:23 AM
Atm I know only about Travel domain cleric... And I would like to be able of moving more than 20 feet/turn without riding a mount.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-08, 02:34 AM
Any increase to your base speed will also increase your armored speed. The increases aren't 1:1 when you're armored, but they still help. Here's a table (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/exploration-movement#TOC-Armor-and-Encumbrance-for-Other-Base-Speeds) that covers base speeds of up to 120 feet.

Alternately, find some means of getting extra move actions or free movement. This mini-guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?103358-3-X-Ways-to-get-Pounce-or-Free-Movement) also covers pounce, but is good for people who want free movement of some sort or another.

Sacrieur
2015-06-08, 03:04 AM
A 3rd level fighter can move normally in medium armor and a 7th level fighter can move normally in heavy armor, due to the armor training class feature.

A 2nd level Steelblood Bloodrager gets a 5 ft. bonus (up to his normal speed) while wearing medium or heavy armor.

A 2nd level Armored Hulk Barbarian gets a 5 ft bonus (up to his normal speed) while wearing medium or heavy armor. At 5th level this archetype receives a +10 ft bonus to base land speed, before applying armor penalties.

Fleet is a feat that increases your base movement speed by 5 ft. It can be taken as many times as you wish and stacks with itself

If DSP is allowed, Mithral Tortoise Stance (6th) permits you to treat armor as one category lighter.

Mithral permits you to treat armor as one category lighter.

Celestial Plate Armor is treated as medium armor.

The Expeditious Retreat (1st) spell increases your movement speed by 30 ft.

The Effortless Armor (2nd) spell removes movement penalties from wearing armor.

The Fly (3rd) spell lets you ignore armor weight while flying.

Kurald Galain
2015-06-08, 04:48 AM
Dip a level into Barbarian or Bloodrager for a free +10' movement, and the rage feature also tends to be nice for melee characters.

Carry a wand of Longstrider and have the party druid, ranger, or UMD monkey tap you with it whenever you're expecting combat in the next hour.

Several means of flight set your speed to 40' or 60', which is a big improvement.

heros271
2015-06-08, 05:26 AM
Barbarian would have problem of "No heavy armor" restriction. Unless I'd dip into Armored Hulk 2... for 5 feet movement increase.

Rest of these ideas are good ones, maybe except for that big table of "all movement-related stuff except what he asked for" in first reply ^^

Fitz10019
2015-06-08, 05:22 PM
Wildshape... but then it really should be wooden armor.

Psyren
2015-06-08, 05:40 PM
Wildshape... but then it really should be wooden armor.

You also need the "Wild" enhancement (+3) or else it just gets absorbed into you and you may as well not be wearing it at all.

Geddy2112
2015-06-08, 09:18 PM
Be a slyph. +5 to base speed as a racial trait.

Arutema
2015-06-09, 03:18 AM
Atm I know only about Travel domain cleric... And I would like to be able of moving more than 20 feet/turn without riding a mount.

An inquisitor or sacred servant archetype paladin can also take the travel domain. A dwarf is never slowed by armor and makes a good cleric or inquisitor thanks to the wisdom boost.

One of my PFS characters is a dwarf paladin of Abadar with the travel domain (sacred servant archetype) and is typically moving 40' in full plate thanks to travel domain, longstrider as a domain spell, and the fact that armor doesn't slow dwarves down.

Riculf
2015-06-09, 05:50 AM
If you are allowed access to 3.5 materials then Divine Vigour (CW p108) works rather well if you can turn undead. Use up turning attempts to get 2HP per character level AND 10' movement. Unsure if there is a Pathfinder conversion/similar feat.

"You can channel energy to increase your speed and durability.
Prerequisites: Turn or rebuke undead ability.
Benefit: As a standard action, spend one of your turn or rebuke undead attempts to increase your base speed by 10 feet and gain +2 temporary hit points per character level. These effects last a number of minutes equal to your Charisma modifier."