PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about Path of War Stalker Maneuver Recovery

Enyo
2015-06-09, 01:22 AM
I just need to confirm that as a stalker that in order to recover an maneuver, do you have to spend a standard action or full action by simply not attacking? If so, how can I prevent myself from not getting killed?

Xerlith
2015-06-09, 03:03 AM
You spend a full-round action on manuver recovery, it's a distinct full-round action. In exchange, you gain a +4 bonus to your AC (Just like total defense), and you get to add your Deadly Strike damage to your next attack. It isn't an amazing method like the Warder's or Warlords, but it works.

You can take the Concealed Recovery Stalker Art to gain miss chance when recovering. It helps.

Vhaidara
2015-06-09, 05:40 AM
Also, starting at level 2 (IIRC), you additionally add your Wisdom modifier to AC while recovering.

Stalker has some REALLY strong abilities. The one you want if you're struggling to stay alive is Combat Precognition. Immediate action, spend a ki point, and every attack made against you for 1+Wis modifier rounds has to roll twice and take the lower. A friend of mine combined that with 2 levels of Pathwalker PsyWar to grab Shield and Mage Armor (or whatever the Psionic versions are called) on his Dex based stalker. When recovering, he had an AC of like 28 at level 5, and the enemy had to roll twice to hit him, taking the lower result.