PDA

View Full Version : Best style for a warblade?

thorgrim29
2007-04-24, 03:47 PM
How should a warblade be equipped for maximum efficiency? TWF, two handed, sword and board? I'm asking cause I just got ToB fever (pretty common and relatively benign disease, but it can make you unhappy if the dm does'nt allow it). My questions links with maneuvers, as from what i understand most diciplines require standard actions to use, so TWF would be a bit useless right? Of course I may be totally wrong, thats why I ask.

Seatbelt
2007-04-24, 03:49 PM
TWF + Tiger Claw discipline = TWF goodness.

NEO|Phyte
2007-04-24, 03:50 PM
The best style depends on which disciplines you plan on using. Look at the favored weapons of your main discipline, and go from there.

silentknight
2007-04-24, 06:19 PM
Given that a Warblade can shift his weapon related feats, any style works.

Bears With Lasers
2007-04-24, 06:26 PM
Two-handed at the beginning. You can be very good with TWF later, especially if you dip a level or two of Swordsage, since you can pick up the Stormguard Warrior tactical feat.

I_Got_This_Name
2007-04-24, 06:31 PM
Any style; Nine Swords make Sword-and-board decent, since
1) you can use the extra AC, especially as a Warblade
2) If a maneuver is worth sacrificing your iterative attacks for, it's worth sacrificing the extra damage you get for using a two-hander.

TWF gets you lots of attacks, which is great with Stormguard Warrior, since it does damage proportionate to the square of your attacks/round. THF gets you a lot of damage for the times you make only one attack/round (using a strike). S&B gets you a good armor class at the expense of a bit of damage over THF.