PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Gestalt and Caster Classes Progression

wkwkwkwk1
2015-06-09, 08:48 AM
Hello, eveyone!

I have a small question I'd like to ask: In Gestalt, if a prestige class advances casting, say, every odd level, could you take casting class levels on the other side on even levels to offset the other side?

Thanks in advance,
wkwkwkwk1

AmberVael
2015-06-09, 09:00 AM
You can! Its a nice little way to make a half-casting class actually viable. Its one of the reasons I like gestalt- it opens up options that wouldn't normally be all that good.

wkwkwkwk1
2015-06-09, 09:41 AM
You can! Its a nice little way to make a half-casting class actually viable. Its one of the reasons I like gestalt- it opens up options that wouldn't normally be all that good.

Thank you!

Chronos
2015-06-09, 06:05 PM
There are different ways to rule on this, so make sure your DM agrees before you assume this for an actual game.

AmberVael
2015-06-09, 06:46 PM
There are different ways to rule on this, so make sure your DM agrees before you assume this for an actual game.

Uh... well, you can houserule it, but by RAW its pretty clear, and I don't think you're really breaking RAI by doing it either.

Chronos
2015-06-09, 09:28 PM
You can argue that it follows the same rules as getting, say, Sneak Attack from both sides, and that you thus wouldn't get full progression unless you're always taking a full-progression class.

wkwkwkwk1
2015-06-11, 11:07 AM
Thanks for your input, buit the DM has ruled in favor of yes! :smallsmile: