PDA

View Full Version : Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Eshkigal
2015-06-09, 10:48 AM
It was around midnight in Geneva when four new recruits were called in to their Division Commander's offices. Each of which had a small hologram of the other three officers and their potentials upon their desks, and one of the Himalayan Mountain ranges.

Hammer, you had trundled onto base around midnight for the first time, the streets of Geneva being easy for your bulky frame to navigate. There had been plenty of stares along the way, since people weren't entirely used to seeing a tank roll down the street, but you had arrived at the Hunter Tower with strange sense that you had come home at long last. Especially once you were redirected to the Fifteenth, thankfully one of the divisions stationed on the ground. On the way in, you passed a guy who towers over even you talking quietly with some humans, who your optics scanned as Massedriver, who can-and does, routinely-launch things into orbit with his built in coil gun. Looking into the firing range for a moment, several animal like reploids that have smooth tubes and missile pods on their bodies are talking things over with what seems to be an overly fat Beret on treads before said Beret unfolds to show off so many missiles and beam emitters you're honestly a little jealous as they all home in downrange about a mile away. But, before you can get too far, a large whale-your new CO, Accel Orca-comes up behind you, nearly as large as you while you take note of the streamlined, almost unnoticeable protrusions of enough heavy armament to give any Maverick a bad day.
"Ah, you must be Hammer then. C'mon, Command's already got a gig for you lined up. Bit of a rush mission, but it should be within your parameters."
Heading off to his office, you take a last look back before rolling after. This could be a promising place, as he leads you through doorways big enough for even you to fit, into an office that could fit three of your chassis.

Elsewhere, Pandora just landed at one of the entrances at the top of the tower for the Second Recon, which she noticed a tall bat reploid was actually hanging upside down in a standing recharger under it, walking in to her new division now that the Sixteenth had cleared her for duty, her short frame not getting much notice. The lobby area was near dead at the moment, looking at a roster it seemed that several hunters were out scouting but due back in a couple hours. Looking around, you had to admire the view-while nothing compared to flying, seeing the landscape of the city just stretch out before you like that, gleaming like stars on the ground for miles, was something that you just had to appreciate. However, even as you marvel at what would be your new home, something grunts next to you. Turning, you see a reploid shorter than even you-a koala by the looks of it, with a sniper rifle slung over their shoulder, eyes that look like they've seen too damn much, and with a stalk of some plant sticking out their mouth.
"Pandora, I take it? I'm Commander Longshot Koala. C'mon, your first mission is waiting. If you make it back, you can go back to the view."
Cheerful sort, huh. You turn, walking behind him to a spartan office, only a few rifles hung up decorating it.

Lambda was just finishing up getting his diagnostics checked when the call came in. Having been delegated to lab work and what felt like excessive amounts of testing due to "generally untested weapon systems not even meant for your Dynamic Neural Array" as they kept saying. It was working properly, had joined with minimal fuss, and had proven useful a few times in the labs as is. It, and you, had been given field testing and a clean bill of health several times, so why did they-
"Lambda."
You paused at that, looking to your boss, Beams Nautiller, from across his desk. He seems to have been waiting for you to come back into focus for a bit.
"You back with us, now? Try to stay focused. Now then..."

Zyph'r was just over Hunter Base, having gotten credentials checked out by the Tower and coming in for a landing, when a tall, thin, and above all incredibly pink avian reploid flew up from the ground.
"You must be the new recruit, Zyph'r! Commander Flash Flaminglow. Hunter Command already has a hunt lined up for you, so follow me!"
With an adroit flick of feathered wings, your CO turns in midair, coasting above hangars and bays before landing near Command in a smaller barracks area. Opening a door, he sits behind a desk, an actual living parrot sitting on a perch nearby as the Commander activates the hologram comms, linking you to the others...

As of 2000 hours (8pm) Geneva time, a military patrol in the Himalayan Mountain Range had found traces of Maverick activity, calling in support from the Indian-Pakistani Armed Forces. They had cited two known Maverick Warlords that had been plaguing the United African Front with many hit and run assaults, as well as two civilian reploids that had gone missing months ago, alongside notable armed force. After notifying the Russian Army as well, since it seemed thus force was headed towards their border as well, said notable Maverick force got cut down to a much smaller size, being hounded into what seems to be a premade safe house nearer the Gobi Desert. If these mavericks make it to the Gobi Desert, there is good chance of them crossing into China, deemed a Maverick Nation by the Hunters as they refuse any outside help with Maverick threats.even up to denying existence within their borders. This would allow this team the chance to gather a stronger force and strike more targets. It is, therefore, up to each of you to retire this threat.
As the briefing is given, a dossier on each and known capabilities is linked up to your brains. Internal fortifications are unknown, though it seems to have a heavier reploid presence than mechaniloid at least. Any questions?

Space Lawyer
2015-06-09, 02:43 PM
Hammer incorporates the information on the various reploids they were expected to face. He looked forward to incorporating Charge Tortoise's systems into his own. "I have no questions. We must destroy the opposition. This is understood, and will be carried out."

Nightraiderx
2015-06-09, 05:09 PM
"These two civilians, do they have any political connections we should watch out for?"
Zyph'r wanted to be cautious, since the mavericks would be traveling near home territory.

Eshkigal
2015-06-09, 05:26 PM
"Mavericks are in general considered untouchables when it comes to former standing-people don't like to keep ties with mass murderers and genocidal terrorist elements, you see. They were both in good standing with the United African Front before their conversion which, looking at psych evaluations beforehand, was likely forced somehow. Maybe virally, since that can be proven now. The only way politics become a major issue is if you either start a firefight in China or if things go FUBAR in there past acceptable levels. That said, if you believe live capture to be possible, it is your judgement call whether to attempt it or not."

The_Admiral
2015-06-09, 06:32 PM
"No sir..." Lambda replied, as he glanced to his left, for a few moments there, seeing a mysterious figure standing in the shadows. Blinking and shaking his head, the figure vanishes. Enter, destroy bug out, he's got the bug out thing down to a T with his experience in the Mesa Facility.

WindStruck
2015-06-09, 07:24 PM
Pandora skims the 4 dossiers, lifting a finger to her face and tapping idly. "The tortoise and vulture... they are the civilians? How many are left besides them and the warlords?"

Eshkigal
2015-06-09, 07:38 PM
Longshot gives a nod as he discards his leaf, pulling out a thing that looks like a bundle of fiber optic cables that he tears one end off of with ease, sticking the other in his mouth as a small red ring appears on it.
"Refitted civilians, much like your own rebuild. Although Charge probably didn't take much to weaponize, just slap some weapons onboard. As for remnants, they had heavy vehicles, at least 95% of which were broken or destroyed in the firefight, although there is the problem that they seem to have made this stronghold beforehand. Surviving members of their warband are thirty mavericks, mainly Disc Boys and Hoganmers, though there were also some Berets. Any Mechaniloid presence would be squarely in the unknown section, being things stockpiled there."

WindStruck
2015-06-09, 07:57 PM
Pandora nods energetically. "Right! Guess that's it, then. So you were probably about to tell us anyway: where is the rendezvous point?"

Eshkigal
2015-06-09, 08:20 PM
Each of the Commanders brings up the map, pointing to a point outside immediate conflict range.
"Beamin will be with the Indian-Pakistani forces. They have set up a pad and requested Hunter assistance as Striker has trapped the valley and Vulture has planted enough aerial mines that they cannot get a good approach. Once there, infiltrate and terminate by your own judgements. Be warned, though, that they will most likely be trying to engage in brief skirmishes to thin out ranks given previous tactics. Be on guard."

The_Admiral
2015-06-09, 09:52 PM
"Are those the only two paths in?" Lambda asks, carefully examining the map, his peripheral vision perpetually on the lookout for that strange suited human?.

Eshkigal
2015-06-09, 10:25 PM
"Only two that anyone has been able to discover between mines and acid rain, we'we're afraid. That said, Striker is a digger. That may change so long as she is active."

WindStruck
2015-06-09, 10:32 PM
"That's a lot of mines..." Pandora says. She squints at the map a bit more as if trying to understand something. "Wait, are they just holed up there, or..?" If they were temporarily trapped, maybe they were just trying to buy enough time for Striker to tunnel them out?

Sorry, I really have no idea what this looks like so I'm just guessing.

Eshkigal
2015-06-09, 10:47 PM
"Yes, they are currently holed up. They are likely forming a few escape plans, so time is likely of the essence."

(Scale for that mountain is roughly 8848 meters. Things will become clearer when you guys take the field.)

The_Admiral
2015-06-09, 11:23 PM
"Then we have no time to loose, I suggest infiltrating through the valley. Going by air would be too clunky, as it seems that only one of our members have flight, and another would be unable to utilize any potential mountain roads."

WindStruck
2015-06-09, 11:55 PM
"Or, you know, we could all just ride jets and helicopters or something," Pandora says, refraining from rolling her eyes. "We should be able to take out those aerial mines from a distance too... but it would attract a lot of attention. Hm, maybe that could just be a diversion!"

She loved distractions because they pretty much let her do whatever she wanted on the field. But her stream of thoughts was rapidly running away with her. She snapped out of it and slowed down a bit. "Oh, sorry. I guess we should be planning this on the way..."

Nightraiderx
2015-06-10, 05:27 AM
"yes, it's better if we plan this on the way. if we get a better idea of eachother's abilities we'll come up with a better plan. Final question, are those Aerial mines happen to be electric-based?" Zyph'r nods to the flamingo. "I am ready to deploy, boss!"

The_Admiral
2015-06-10, 08:28 AM
"Yes, in jets and helicopters that are clunky for reploids, especially considering our two ton friend." he shot back at her.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-10, 08:39 AM
Hammer was growing impatient. The Fifteenth was designed around one concept above all: the application of overwhelming firepower until the enemy broke. It might be at range, it might be up close, but the principle remained the same. The longer the team waited, the longer the enemy had to lay more traps and tunnel out. "I believe rapid deployment is in our favor. We hit fast, we hit hard, and leave them no time to regroup."

The_Admiral
2015-06-10, 12:02 PM
"We'll deploy first, Sir, I'm ready to go." Lambda says after a few moments calculation. There were too many variables, too many unknowns he couldn't reduce.

Eshkigal
2015-06-10, 01:13 PM
Each of you is dismissed and finds your way to the base's teleporters. Connecting with the Fifth quickly, you are keyed in, and from there you stand for a moment on the pad. There is a brief period of feeling temporarily displaced, then you find yourselves standing together in a larger tent, a Steel Beret mass production reploid standing in front of you. Or at least, it looks based off the Beret chasis, but has had some external work done to appear of Indian descent, and seems to have invested in a specialty voice box as they speak with a crisp and calmer voice than the standard Beret, a voice that is used to commands being listened to.
"Greetings, Hunters. I am Major Asha. Follow me, if you would. If you have requests, please make them and if we can meet them, we will."
Following the Major, you find yourselves staring at a peak that is higher than any most of you have seen before, with clear sky around it while a bank of putrescent green clouds raining liquid that smells noxious from even here and the line far from it. At the base of the mountain appears to be a pair of large metal doors.
Closer to you, however, is three rows of heavy artillery, with infantry carrying average buster rifles standing guard before them, humans and scattered reploids in the ranks. Most of the line is either energy projectors that make Hammer's particle cannon look small, missile launchers, several cannons designed for anti air, and a few personnel carriers being them, large aircraft designed around the ever popular antigravity devices designed in a previous century, able to carry 20 soldiers at a time if slightly lacking in the punch other vehicles could carry. If one could carry Hammer, though...well, that was questionable.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-10, 01:33 PM
Eyeing the artillery pieces with envy, Hammer speaks up. "I would appreciate your heavy weaponry being integrated into my systems, if possible. I can provide a much more accurate firing solution with visual confirmation of the targets. In the meantime, when we begin our assault, it would be very appreciated if you could give us cover by launching a barrage. Also, has a clear path through the valley been identified yet, or will we have to make a cautious approach?"

Eshkigal
2015-06-10, 04:35 PM
The Beret shakes their head.
"Safety precaution in case they try to steal our guns out from under us with a hacker, I am afraid. Last thing we need is for them to shell the Russians on the other side of the mountain. If you want, we could set it up so you and your drones could paint targets, however, and use it to focus fire. As for paths, Striker seems to have had at least one Mole Borer with slaved mine layer active in the field. a previous bombardment removed the mechaniloid, but we are unsure if she has more or is currently active herself, and we have yet to be able to get rid of the acid rain. For now, best to assume any clear path is temporary at best."

Space Lawyer
2015-06-10, 04:52 PM
Hammer makes what could reasonably be interpreted as a nodding motion. "Fair enough. Go ahead and do whatever needs to be done so I can paint a target-rich environment for you. As for any mines. . ." The plasma cannon makes an ominous hum. "There is more than one way to clear a path."

Eshkigal
2015-06-10, 05:00 PM
"I do believe we can oblige you there, just say when."
After saying that he calls a couple human mechanics over, who after getting you to hold still a minute (they had some problems with the Time Drones, lefty always seems to get a bit ticklish), they manage to put a special device over an optic on each, connecting it to you with a wire.
"Now then, what other assistance can we provide? I'm afraid we have little for the aerial mines, Vulture has been guarding her nest actively."

WindStruck
2015-06-10, 08:00 PM
Pandora thinks of something she might think useful, though her knowledge of the air mines wasn't really up to snuff. "Do you have any portable weapons we could take with us to try to disable the aerial mines? I'm not sure, perhaps even a sniper rifle with a tripod would do? Also: any devices which can detect burrowing entities, such as a tremor sensor?"

Nightraiderx
2015-06-10, 08:29 PM
"Vulture hm? any information you have on that maverick?"
Zyph'r looks around at the landscape trying to get a clearer view of the situation.
"Those mines shouldn't be a problem for me, since I know what they are made off, I'll go clear them out."
Zyph'r starts rising up alittle higher hovering in the air.

The_Admiral
2015-06-10, 09:46 PM
"...I have a plan, we go in two teams, Ground and Sky, Pandora, grab a jet and follow behind Zyph'r as he clears Vulture's mines, Hammer will go through the valley I'll back him up, clearing the traps with Arty calls and guns, is this plan in agreement with you?"

WindStruck
2015-06-10, 10:04 PM
"Grab a jet? I don't think that will be necessary," Pandora says, fanning out the wings of her suit to reveal something that looks similar to butterfly wings, only they seemed to have many smaller thrusters on them.

"And I'm sorry to shoot you down.." she says as a wry grin begins to spread across her face "but I don't particularly fancy that plan. My primary skillset is more geared to moving around unnoticed and getting the drop on enemies, not being a flying bullsye like this fellow is trying to do." Pandora points up at Zephyr.

She turns back to the beret. "Thanks, Major Asha. Can I also get some binoculars?"

Eshkigal
2015-06-10, 10:47 PM
Because it's just not the same without theme music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-32TlPuXg)

At the word binoculars, a small mask slides over your eyes, and you suddenly get to zoom in on things far more easily. That will be useful! He calls a supply officer over, who hands you a plasma sniper rifle. Won't get the burst fire your pistol has, but it's something. Meanwhile, Zyph'r gets the dossier brought up again on his request for information, as well as files for the other three.
"Not much that we can probably tell you that your own Intelligence agency didn't, but we saw a bit more of their forces. I think there was a Kralmacht survivor in there."
Kralmacht-a type of mass production military reploid, however built to specs much more on par with you than Berets. Built to get in close and with a nasty plasma spread shot in case they need to dissuade a group, and tend towards violent moods. Sigma tended to field them alongside their smarter counterparts, Gehirn, but either is formidable.

(Basically, now you know about the Miniboss. I'll post general stats once they're done)

Nightraiderx
2015-06-10, 11:26 PM
After checking the dossier, Zyph'r nods and begins to fly upwards towards the mine field, blowing away the toxicity with Eye of the Storm blasts and shooting down the exposed cores with his buster. Keeping his eye out to see if any enemy's start coming towards him.

WindStruck
2015-06-11, 12:08 AM
"Ack! When did they add this to my helmet?!" Pandora questions. She shakes that little embarrassment off, but then Zephyr already begins taking off.

Pandora lets out an exasperated sigh. "That idiot is going to get himself killed!"

Turning to their greeter, she asks, "Major, where is the boundary where land mines begin? Also, any equipment you have to detect those mines would be helpful!" But it's clear she's quite hurried now, as her hunting partner is already pulling away fast.

When she gets an answer, she retracts her wings and trots on over to just before where the mines begin, keeping an eye in the sky and staying low (stealth). Her armor begins to blend in with the ground more and more as she lies there, looking at the events unfolding with her helmet binoculars.

stealth: [roll0]
perception: [roll1]

Space Lawyer
2015-06-11, 06:22 AM
"If we're splitting up, then the ground team is going to lose observational and recon capabilities. Attach a ground penetrating radar and minesweeper to my chassis, or hand them to Orange Boy there. I'd appreciate whatever notice I can get to stop Striker from tearing me up."

Approaching the enemy's fortress through a trapped valley was certainly a less-than-ideal situation. Splitting up was even worse. Each of these enemies was substantially more powerful than the individuals on these teams. The best chance was outnumbering them and overwhelming them. However, with one already taking to the sky, it didn't seem like that was going to be happening.

The_Admiral
2015-06-11, 08:47 AM
"My name's Lambda, give me the minesweeper." He replies, after receiving it, he walks next to Hammer as they entered the valley.

Nightraiderx
2015-06-11, 11:00 AM
"Relax pandora, just making a wave clear and heading back to the main group, also I have visual on Vulture and Beetle. Bringing the party to you guys if they choose to follow." Zyphr makes a turn to start heading back through the path he began to carve out.

Eshkigal
2015-06-11, 01:02 PM
"We have sweepers near the front line equipped with our supply of them. Tell them that you are headed in and they will lend them to you. Sonar will require some time to access your maps."
Sure as his word, you relieve a pair of minesweepers carrying long poles and get a pair of your own (map inbound, just handling the aerial map first since it seems a bit more pressing).
Your Map, keep an eye on horizontal and vertical, by the way. Yes, it's that far down for a reason. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HaDR1cZpz4wvYchqdVFN2VHBduTZauwYvpPl_DRbm5k/edit#gid=320380497)
It took some time for Zyph'r to fly up that high, and was the work of a few minutes for him to carve 645 feet into the cloud cover before he spots Vulture, a glint of green steel trying to drift quietly in the cloud cover and circle behind him to likely Screech at him. However, the glow of axes come from above, and he notices a much louder presence as the Beetle begins laughing as he barges through the cloud cover, charging with axes lit and carapace shielding his front, large weapons with a pair of long beam emitters that seem to be containing streams of flame and plasma burning away the noxious smog that the condensers you had been blasting were converting into the acidic rain, both arms giving the ominous whirr of fully charged plasma.
"Proud little thing, ain'tya? Let's see how well you use those dinky little toys in yer hands!"
Meanwhile, you think you can hear Vulture muttering, the one time her optics come into view making it look like she's dead inside, lost in some infernal pit.
"There's no point to it, no point to any of it. Just wash the world clean and let what comes next try again. Wash the world clean..."

Okay, since you spotted these two, neither one gets a surprise round. Pandora does get one, and can make the shot at her range having been focused on Zyph so far and taken time to get things lined up, though once they begin moving in earnest that may change. So now, Initiatives and Pandora can take the shot. Zephyr: 14 shots of Eye of the Storm, regain another in another 3 rounds. Please roll Initiative.
[roll0] Battle Beetle Initiative
[roll1] Raining Vulture Initiative

WindStruck
2015-06-11, 06:38 PM
As the acid clouds begin to dissipate in a path, somewhat, Pandora continues to watch as Zephyr pushes forward. As the enemies become visible attempting to set up an ambush, she begins to ready her own, slowly setting up the sniper rifle to aim at them.

Battle beetle descends, looking about to attack. Pandora activates her hologram ability such that she looks like a gnarled, worn rock sitting on the mostly open landscape. She aims carefully to disable Beetle's flight systems. Then.. BLAM.

As a courtesy, both for changing modes of stealth, also cause I just made a shot.
Re-stealth roll: [roll0]

Called shot to disable BB's flight systems.
Marksmanship: [roll1]

Sniper rifle damage: [roll2]

Initiative: [roll3]

Eshkigal
2015-06-11, 06:47 PM
Even as Battle Beetle descends upon Zyph'r, a streak of plasma comes from below and shears a line across his back, the shields that normally protect them being out of the way. They cough and sputter as the large beetle plummets, cursing up a streak.
"Oh you GOD DAMN CHICKEN ****ING HAMSTER screwing son of a toaster that's no damn fun you-"
Then things get hard to follow as he descends out of easy earshot, as he tries to desperately get his wings where they should go.

WindStruck
2015-06-11, 07:10 PM
A smug grin of satisfaction washes over Pandora's face. Taking aim at her next target, she fires at Vulture, attempting to disrupt her weapons.

disable screech and buster
marksmanship: [roll0]

damage: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-11, 07:49 PM
(Three times. I rolled it wrong three times.)
The first shot she simply moves her head to avoid, but the second takes her in the beak as she is just a moment too slow to dodge in a roll, making her look bitter as she comes out of her roll with barely any lost speed or altitude for it. However, when she tries to speak, all that comes out is garbled static. Then her engines give her great boost of speed, passing under Zyph'r with a practiced ease that she climbs up from the assault without issue. However, her body moves a pair of prongs out, giving her extra shielding for the moment at least as energy forms between them.

In this time, Battle Beetle has fallen about 500 feet , and almost has his wings behind him.

Raining Vulture primary weapon systems are down-she has lost her Screech and her Buster. She has boosted up and away, and activated her class ability for extra shields by cutting that energy to her weapons.

Battle Beetle is preparing for his turn!

Space Lawyer
2015-06-11, 08:24 PM
As Battle Beetle plummets groundward, Hammer lines up his shot. The particle cannons on his back lock on to the rapidly descending Maverick. With scarcely more than a hum and crackle of energy, the twin beams lance toward the bug.

Covered by the blinding glare of the particle beams, two drones zip away from the walking tank.

"Got you now."

Eshkigal
2015-06-11, 08:37 PM
The beams blast across him, searing plates off and exposing the inner workings of the Beetle. In return, as he finally gets his wings working, catching him and slowing his descent, he looks down at you and gives what you are sure is a rather long, long line of cursing, insinuating things about the life choices of your mothers, fathers, and their parents, specifically involving a goat. Or that he is animatedly asking you to face him like a man. Hard to tell when you're out of comms range on someone without lips.

(Zyph'r, Lambda, go time!)

Nightraiderx
2015-06-11, 09:15 PM
"Well, shall I show you what my blades of capable of?" Zyph'r smirks closing in as his fan's boost max capacity. using the extra boost, Zyph'r brandishes his lo beam sword barrelling into Vulture.

Using EAS systems for a boost and then moving into a Thunderous crash, modified second slash with a grapple.

close combat lo beam sword

close combat grapple.
[roll1]

Lo beam damage
[roll]1d10+2d6

Eshkigal
2015-06-11, 09:23 PM
With a sad glance back, she cuts her engines. As she falls back, she watches you sail over her, tumbling once before turning her wings back on, her momentum about to go back into a dive.

WindStruck
2015-06-11, 09:34 PM
Pandora quips through the communications, "You're welcome, Bullseye. You mind if I call you that? What do you all say we try and take care of vulture now,then clear out and let sweet gravity and Striker's mines finish off Broken Beetle?"

The_Admiral
2015-06-11, 11:53 PM
"Lets try something crazy," lambda says, as he points his gravity gun at the soil, all 360 ish kilos of it covering the mines along with some of the mines form into a sphere of around .3 m in radius, grinning, he pointed it at the falling beetle, mines after mines shoots out of the shrinking ball of earth at at him.

Perception to find mines
[roll0]

Marksmanship
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-12, 12:00 AM
Picking up the dirt, Lambda notices something that makes him grin wider. There had been a mine in that soil, and clearing the rest away, he aims it, takes aim...and somehow, miraculously, plants it between Battle Beetle's shield joints. The wings blow off, and seems to have hit something important as, in his ever increasing descent, he ends up having both arms blow off, holding his beam axes still, then chaining explosions up the body that send him careening into the middle of the mine field, which then erupts in a spectacular show as he seems to hit bomb after bomb. As his shield clangs to the ground before you, you just stare as all that was left of one of two warlords was a smoldering pile of scrap in his sister's own mines.
(Pandora.)

The_Admiral
2015-06-12, 12:09 AM
"..........Hammer, do you think that's all the mines?" Lambda deadpans, staring at the shield at his feet.

WindStruck
2015-06-12, 12:11 AM
"Talk about going out with a bang. Let's see if I can clip that bird's wings... maybe Bullseye can then capture or slow her descent?"

Seeing if a live capture may be possible, Pandora aims her rifle trying to disable one of Vulture's wings.

if first shot hits, I don't think I'll shoot another.

Called shots at wings.

hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

hit: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

The shots miss the bird again. She grits her teeth and growls, "I swear this bird is hacking!" Then Pandora chuckles instead of being too angry.

Eshkigal
2015-06-12, 12:18 AM
Pandora takes the shots, but Vulture just simply allows her arc to carry her out of their way, ignoring as they miss her just through her jet emission-however Hammer also likely has a shot...

Space Lawyer
2015-06-12, 10:01 AM
"Not even close, Citrus-bot. That whole valley is probably still primed to explode"

As Vulture drifts out of the way of Pandora's shots, Hammer targets his own. "Lets see if we can do that again. Good thought going for the wings." The targeting reticules confirm a shot on the bird's wings, and Hammer fires.

Simultaneously, the drones direct their attention towards Vulture. Their sensors lock on to the swooping bird, interfacing with Hammer's own targeting systems and the linked-in artillery. It wouldn't be long now.

Eshkigal
2015-06-12, 10:11 AM
They try as she lazily sweeps back, heading towards the ground at an almost lazy pace, swinging around the two shots as if they were partners on the dance floor that she had danced with a thousand times. Any time the drones try to paint her location for the artillery, she just tumbles and lets off vapors from her wings that fouls the lock entirely-seems she has prepared for that.
(Zyph'r)

Nightraiderx
2015-06-12, 11:20 AM
"Guys, trying to get wing clips on her seems pretty moot right now. Gonna try something a bit different..."
Zyph'r begins to cloak into the atmosphere, masking his presence. He gauges to see if he can get into range with vulture and attemps to grapple her while under the stealth.

Using cloak and moving towards her.
Moving Stealth Roll:
[roll0]

Close Combat grapple roll:
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-12, 11:31 AM
She seems to lose track of you as you cloak, realization only crossing her face as your arm wraps around her neck, getting your hands on her. She tries to strain out of your grip, but is unable to do so.

(You caught the bird! Now what?)

Nightraiderx
2015-06-12, 01:17 PM
(now we dance -evil grin-)

"May I have this dance?"
Zyph'r grins maliciously as he begins to rapidly plummet towards the ground (away from the mines). Holding onto her wings so she can't fly or move.
Just before impact with the ground he pulls up, using the momentum to snap her wings in twain dropping her on the ground lightly.

Not sure what rolls I need to rip off/break her wings, but it's probably close combat.
I still want her alive tho, just not able to run away so fast...

so I'll make two rolls for that.
close combat 1
[roll0]

close combat 2
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-12, 01:33 PM
Managing to shift your grip to her wings and plant your legs on her back, she seems to close her eyes in grim acceptance as you two enter freefall, another blast of your own engines sending you towards military lines. However, what you don't expect is for her to activate her EAS with her wings pinned, sending you both accelerating even faster. Even as you begin to brake, you hear the sound of metal shrieking, and Vulture comes free from her wings, tumbling and skidding across the ground. One leg gets removed at the knee, an optic crumples, and she eventually comes to a stop a ways from you on her back, the only thing she can move being her head as she slowly lifts it up to stare at you, then the sky above with her remaining eye.

However, a surprise chooses about now to stick it's head up. In the middle of the minefield, dusty orange and brown, Charge Tortoise's head bursts from the ground, followed by his shell as he activates his EMS, launching about thirty feet to his left, where the ground shakes and swallows him up as a large hole is revealed. However, as he goes, ports on the sides of his arms open up and missiles, grenades, plasma, and a few random shell shaped projectiles screech their way towards the gunner line. Before he disappears though, you get a signal on your comms, even over two lines of incoming fire as the artillery behind you barks and whines, unleashing a hail of fire on his location just as he gets to new cover.
"While losing Vulture is rather unfortunate, I never liked Beetle much. You have my thanks for his removal. That said, have a taste of some real firepower!"

Nightraiderx
2015-06-12, 03:29 PM
Zyph'r floated above her, partially blocking out the sky vulture was looking up to.
"You certainly made that quite the dance. We'll have to dance again sometime."
Zyph'r takes her wings and other body parts and places them in a pile a bit of distance away from her. Then he calls into the medic team. "Requesting a medic team to pick up Vulture, she's disabled and down, so shouldn't put up much a fight. Secure and contain her." Zyph'r looks up ahead back to where the other three are.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-12, 08:10 PM
Suddenly, the drones' sensors light up. Small heat signatures streak through the valley.

"INCOMING! TAKE COVER!"

There was no way to dodge, no way to get out the blast zone in time. Only one option: fire back. Hammer unleashes a barrage of fire, pumping out grenades and particle cannon shots, his energy systems straining and heat dispensers getting dangerously close to the redline. A shielding blossom of fire and energy blooms in front of the ground forces.

The_Admiral
2015-06-12, 10:14 PM
As soon as Hammer shouted the warning, his shield generator activated, Lambda attempting to leap out of the way of the blast.

WindStruck
2015-06-12, 10:28 PM
Pandora fanned out her wings, preparing to fly into the air to dodge the incoming attacks, though before she could take off, the faster-moving plasma beams nearly hit her. She lost her balance trying to dodge those, and by then missile impact was imminent. She took cover behind the biggest, sturdiest object in the vicinity: her 15-foot-tall comrade.

As the dust settled, she was unharmed and sighed with relief. "Hunter Command, this is Pandora. Major aerial threats are eliminated, as Battle Beetle is destroyed and Raining Vulture is disabled. The other two mavericks appear to be retreating to the mountain. I believe it is safe to begin clearing mines and forming a more robust perimeter so the mavericks cannot escape."

Eshkigal
2015-06-13, 01:02 PM
It takes a brief moment, but a voice comes from the other end, slow and thoughtful.
"A capture? Rare these days. Call me Bison, Fifth. I'll be your operator today, so any Intel needed or backup can be requested through me. We will have infantry and lifesaver support there soon."
Another voice comes onto comms, this one Asha's.
"We'll handle the mines, but make your way in ASAP. With two down, chances that one or both will run increase."
Meanwhile, Vulture just continues to stare with the look of the condemned, until a jeep comes by with a winch. Two soldiers get out, toss her on haphazardly with the winch, and drive back towards the artillery at your backs.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-13, 02:52 PM
Hammer takes stock of his ammo stores. The counterfire had seriously depleted them, and it would be a bit before they were restored. It was still entirely possible that Striker Scorpion was still in the valley, ready to attack. He didn't want to get trapped in a prepared battlefield low on supplies. "We'll start that way, but send a fresh battery and a box of grenades along with the sweepers. I can replenish on the move."

The gears inside Hammer whir to life, and armor plating shifts around. Full treads deploy from his arms. "Get on, everyone. Be ready for whatever they throw at us."

Nightraiderx
2015-06-13, 03:15 PM
Zyph'r flys over to the rest of the group. "Alright two down, two to go. I can fly up and keep an eye on stuff ahead if you'd like, Hammer we don't have much time, I think we should find where Striker was when he launched that attack and follow the tunnel, I don't think he'll be stupid enough to go 4v1 with us." Zyph'r smirks hovering above Hammer's large head.

WindStruck
2015-06-13, 04:43 PM
Pandora flies up on Hammer's back, scanning the hole Turtle came out with her binoculars. "It could take a while to sweep for any mines between us and that tunnel... Shall I fly ahead?"

The_Admiral
2015-06-14, 06:38 AM
"....FLy ahead, give me the depth of that tunnel, I'm going to clear some mines." Lambda replies over the comm, charging up his Gravity gun.

Turning to hammer, he continues, "There are two possible methods, one, which uses mass to set off any mines in our path, with it I have calculated it would take about three hours to clear this minefield, the second method is the usage of explosives for that express purpose, however it could leave some pressure mines untriggered."

WindStruck
2015-06-14, 11:54 AM
"Three hours?? Are we talking about clearing the whole field, or just a safe path for you guys? Hm, maybe if the artillery focuses on a narrow path between us and that tunnel, and not too close to it, you can get there and the tunnel won't be collapsed. Wait! That's it! What if they concentrate so much fire between there and their base that it collapses before they get back?! Charge Turtle is not a digger. He should be trapped I think, and it will take a while for his buddy to dig him out!"

Pandora seemed pretty excited about this idea. Normally she got pretty gleeful when it came to coming up with 'evil' or crafty plans. Or maybe pummeling an area of land with hundreds of missiles wasn't considered crafty either. But still...

Space Lawyer
2015-06-14, 03:18 PM
Hammer aims his cannons low, calculates the line to the tunnel, and fires. Beams streak out across the sands, setting off mines and turning the sand molten. "Cleared."

Nightraiderx
2015-06-14, 06:23 PM
"well that takes care of that problem, I say we should follow the tunnel instead of blowing it up, having one of them trapped is an interesting development, but either way time is of the essence." Zypher looks up, "I think we should split and find two ways in after we blow up that hole me and you should take the upper route while hammer and lambda force their way to the front gate. It won't take too long to get through the rest of the acid cloud mines."

Space Lawyer
2015-06-14, 06:42 PM
"Sounds like a decent plan. Make sure to keep in contact so we can trap them in the middle and hit at the same time."

The drones zip back across the lines to the quartermaster. They beam their order into the system. Even between the two of them, the supplies will be quite heavy. In the meantime, the secondary order comes through. A team rushes up to Hammer with a machine gun, usually intended for two-man operation but well-suited to Hammer's bulk. More firepower would be needed against the leaders of these Mavericks, but it would certainly clear out the fodder well enough. It doesn't take long for the gun to be attached to one of Hammer's hardpoints.

"Lets go then, Citrus." Hammer roars across the valley floor, the newly-cooled glass crackling beneath his treads.

The_Admiral
2015-06-14, 08:18 PM
"That's taking a third option," Lambda deadpans as he files down the path next to Hammer.

Eshkigal
2015-06-14, 08:25 PM
As he passes near the remains of Beetle, he stops as he notices something. Red liquid, like blood or rust, drips from the remains of a shoulder as the insides look corroded somewhat, the mark of a red and chrome deer skull emblazoned upon the side of it. It couldn't be...Doe? Did she make these? Is she responsible?

Regardless, Hammer and Lambda begin their approach, dropping down into the tunnels. It is quiet for ten minutes as they move forward, Hammer's bulk cursed more than once, however soon they can hear the noises of soldiers moving about in the distance. A maverick defensive line? Eventually they see it, a squad of four Hoganmer and two disc boys. But something is off...
(Perception please from both of you. Map in a bit)

WindStruck
2015-06-14, 08:30 PM
"Right, I guess we can take the landing pad area and work down... and the military can keep an eye on the doors."

Pandora begins flying - up, up, up to catch up with Zephyr. She'll help take out some mines too at a range of 100 ft with her buster cannon.

The_Admiral
2015-06-14, 08:42 PM
He stops for a few moments, collecting a small sample of the red material, he was hoping it wasn't her, he actually liked Gleaming Doe, one of the people that made work at Mesa enjoyable.

As he sees the hogan hammers and discboys, he raises his gravity gun, ready for combat.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-06-14, 09:23 PM
Hammer and Lambda both spot them. Above two locations are the disguised units, Crag Men. Ambush reploids that had seen use in the Ninth until many defected with Sting Chameleon. Seems they don't realize they have been spotted yet.

Meanwhile, carving through the cloud cover, Zyph'r and Pandora slowly find their way through, until emerging into clear sky. However, it seems the landing pad is clear, while there's only one way down from that and likely infested with enemies...
(INITIATIVES)

WindStruck
2015-06-14, 10:07 PM
Pandora immediately checks behind her to make sure her suit is of a similar color of the skies behind. "Follow me if you don't want to make a mess of things," she says. She then quickly drops, preferring to approach the landing pad from a more horizontal path and below, so she can't be spotted. Gripping the edges of the steep slopes of the mountain, her suit changes color once again, this time to the color of the surrounding rocks. She peeks her head over the edge to take a look.

perception: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-14, 10:58 PM
On the roof, Pandora slowly looks into the area, which seems to lead to an elevator. Peering down a miniscule slip in the sides, she slowly spots the gleam of metal in several spots. One...no, two of the Lanceteamer Bingo run, looking a bit creaky but more well armed with rocket tubes on their shoulders, seem to be aimed at the elevator's floor, trying to hide. Farther down, the hum of discs nervously being tossed up and down before getting a smack from a heavy hand may tell the rest-Disc Boys, with Hoganmer accompaniment. Seems like a tidy little death trap.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-14, 11:05 PM
"First rule when facing off against artillery or a tank: don't stand close together."

The Hoganmers and Diskboys were about to learn that lesson the hard way, as Hammer charged forth into the group of them at full speed.

As he bowls them over, he slides into a spin, coming to a stop just beyond their rear line, and fires a grenade into their midst. (Centered on W8)

The_Admiral
2015-06-14, 11:17 PM
Lambda grins as he points his gravity gun at the Crag Boys, grabbing the one who still thinks he's a rock and tossing him into the next.

Damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-14, 11:37 PM
In the matter of seconds, the Maverick defensive line is reminded about why being infantry against artillery is terrible, as Hammer crushes several underneath, the survivors of his rampage dying to the shrapnel of the grenades unloaded at their feet. The Crag Men, seeing that, decide to not drop, hoping you pass by, however as one meets Lambda's eyes, and with fear in his voice, shouts "Reinforcements needed at ent-" before Lambda lifts him, then launches him at his buddy. However, the other Crag Man seems to be a bit quicker, tossing himself out of the way even as the other impacts into the wall face first and crumples into a tincan, and trying to land on Lambda with a flying kick, anger in his optics briefly outweighing the fear.
"Son of a bitch! Marv was my brother, you bastard!"
[roll0]
[roll1]

The_Admiral
2015-06-14, 11:46 PM
The warning light came on in his HUD as he rolled out of the way of the kick, letting his grav gun drop to his side.

WindStruck
2015-06-15, 12:30 AM
Pandora whispers to Zephyr, "There's an ambush waiting for us down there. I'd bet they'll try and blow up the elevator and kill any survivors." She allows him to look down the crack as well.

"Wadaya say we send it down empty, then surprise them ourselves?"

Nightraiderx
2015-06-15, 05:12 AM
Zyph'r follows pandora, activating his cloaking device and hiding inbetween rocks to hide from view.
"took the words out of my mouth." Zyph'r grins mischievously. "I'll use my cloaking to
get close to the elevator to turn it on, it doesn't last long though, unless you have something remote?"

WindStruck
2015-06-15, 07:07 AM
Pandora shakes her head. "Nothing that works at a distance, and not on simple mechanical devices.. you know, it might be more convincing if we actually made some noise beforehand."

She grins mischievously. If he agrees, she'll stomp around like a bunch of idiots just running to the elevator.

Nightraiderx
2015-06-15, 08:59 AM
"Sounds good to me," Zyph'r bows hovering mid-air. "lady bots first."
he adds coyly.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-15, 09:19 AM
"Reinforcements will be coming at any moment. Lets end this and get moving before they can get settled."

Hammer lobs another grenade, aiming just shy of the Crag Man so as to not catch Orange-Boy in the blast.

Marksmanship: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

The_Admiral
2015-06-15, 12:00 PM
As the Cragboy exploded Lambda nods at Hammer, grabbing onto his chassis as he prepares to roll deeper into the base.

It's never making that roll

Eshkigal
2015-06-15, 01:04 PM
(Yeah, really isn't.)
There's half a cry from the other crag man as shrapnel shreds it just ad a large chunk severs something important sounding in it's chest, a piece of metal exitting with what looks like the regulator for the LIFE Cell. Now with too little draw, the Cell begins overloading, causing the Maverick to explode as it cooks inside. Moving on through somewhat claustrophobic tunnels, you come to an area that finally has some space in a much lager cavern. It seems they have a number of light vehicles here, ride chasers, some Road Master cars, one inactive tank. Really, the heaviest thing looks like a giant truck with a bed big enough to carry Charge, with an industrial winch currently collapsed down on the frame to help the heavy set giant up. It even seems to hold some inactive Mechaniloids that a support team are desperately trying to get placed-three Gun Volts sit inert in an area that should hold eight, in various states of repair, as two Hama Hamas keep watch, their own holding area set for six at a time nearby, screeching warning as you are spotted. The workers seem to be civilian models, with pickaxes at their sides-looks like degravers from here, judging by rotund bodies and simple faces. Tend to toss their pickaxe in a fight, or swing it with the practice born from wielding it all their lives. Six in total, and one has just hit a button activating something that sounds like...churning dirt. A trap?

Stomping around doesn't seem to phase them too much at the top, but Bingoes are soldiers-for these two, at least former ones. There seems to be shuffling about from below them though, nervousness in the ranks. When one of you steps on the elevator, it begins to head down from the pressure plate. about ten feet down you can hear the two missiles streak through the air, and then the platform becomes a ball of flame as explosions shake the ground, streaming down into the darkness now lit by it and, soon, the first glints of the dawn's light, discs chucked with reckless abandon at it as the Hoganmers smash it with their flails. They point their weapons up, but don't seem to see either of you...

WindStruck
2015-06-15, 08:43 PM
Pandora has her pistol drawn ready. Soon after the elevator is blown up, she activates her cloaking and jumps down the shaft just as the gouts of flame dissipate. Her wings' boosters slow her fall considerably as she reaches the nearest Rocketeer, and she hovers near it, the reverberations of combat and chaos still in the air. Reaching out, she touches the soldier, planting her controller nanobots in it.

Surprise round- remote control

finesse: [roll1]
Also, I think I'm at an advantage here doing this from stealth. an additional d6: [roll2]

damage: [roll3]

initiative: [roll4]

and then?
If I get the bingo under my control and can have it act on this round, I'll make it shoot the mooks down and across the tunnel.

Next round: depends on what happens this round (including zephyr if he get a surprise too) :)

Nightraiderx
2015-06-15, 10:14 PM
Zyph'r activates his cloaking dropping down, trying to position himself in the middle of a bunch of reploids before taking out both of his swords, spinning in place and attacking as many as he can in range.

Stealth
[roll0]

Lo Beam combat
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Hi Beam combat
[roll3]

Damage
[roll4]

Initiative
[roll5]

Eshkigal
2015-06-15, 10:47 PM
Zyph'r can't reach the minions below, so he goes for the next best thing, the Bingo at the other end. The only warning they get is the hiss of a saber before it is rammed through their chest, then the hi beam going into their head. Meanwhile, the other one shouts in general alarm first at the brutal, unseen murder of his companion nearby, then gives a howl of pain as the nanobots take root. His body begins humming erratically, the sensitive things inside sounding like they have begun to shake themselves apart. Pandora feels something connect, as in her eyes, the Bingo's arms turn red. They are under her control now.

WindStruck
2015-06-15, 11:24 PM
After taking control of the remaining Bingo's weapon systems, Pandora descends down along the wall to the second area where the other enemies are waiting. At about the same time, she makes the Bingo unleash its rockets on the group of enemies below and across the chasm. Might be a tough shot to make a direct hit, but she wagers the blast radius should be more than enough.

In the commotion of the resulting new explosions, she aims and takes a shot at the discboy's LIFE CELL, aiming for a 1HKO and also hitting his partner with an explosion. She quickly aims at the nearest hobganmer and does the same.

called shot to vital systems (and life cell)
marksmanship: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Bingo's roll is up to DM I guess. :)

The_Admiral
2015-06-16, 01:09 AM
He grinned wider as he realised what that sound was, his transmitter went up as he got to hacking.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-16, 08:30 AM
The Hamma Hammas posed the most immediate and serious threat. Those giant flails would make short work of Hammer's armor, not to speak of his little orange companion's smaller frame. His cannons lock on and fire before the big machine get a chance to respond.

Nightraiderx
2015-06-17, 11:25 AM
Zyph'r keeps pushing foward, darting towards the next two mavericks cleaving into them.

Cloak lasts for 15 seconds, which in combat is 3 rounds about right?

Stealth
[roll0]

Lo Beam combat
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Hi Beam combat
[roll3]

Damage
[roll4]

Eshkigal
2015-06-17, 01:36 PM
(Raider, in the future, there's a map. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HaDR1cZpz4wvYchqdVFN2VHBduTZauwYvpPl_DRbm5k/edit#gid=1958986101) Please consult even in this situation, but since they're mooks it matters a lot less.)
The Mavericks shout in alarm as first one of their own fires off a missile, hiding behind their shields which take most of the assault for them, tearing at their armor as the people beyond them get blown up by streaks of plasma from above. Just as they hit their radios, Zyph'r drops down, cutting one head off while driving his hi beam through the other's face through the shield. Finally, the last Bingo shakes itself apart fully, armor tearing as something important flies through it's chest from the inside and impales it's heart. However, there's some supplies that can be grabbed...
(two rocket launchers with special rules, two buster rifles (C rank) with detachable beam saber bayonet, two medium shields, two heavy shields.)

The Hamma Hammas are still standing after that, though one looks like one or two heavy blasts could deal with it. However, the ground rumbles heavily, and two wheels of spikes break the surface before widening large holes. Treaded mechaniloids rise up before falling flat in front of you, and two Mole Borers enter the fray as the degravers take cover for the moment.

WindStruck
2015-06-17, 09:58 PM
Pandora grabs one of those missile launchers. "Hmm this could be some fun later..."

Carefully she begins to descend near the opening at the bottom of the shaft (J 37). With mag boots perching her on the walls, she listens for what could be ahead.

perception: [roll0]

The_Admiral
2015-06-17, 10:21 PM
Lambda closes his eyes as he brings one Mole Borer to a halt.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-18, 02:42 PM
For the first time in his short life, Hammer is facing a foe substantially larger than himself. He fires off two shots from his main cannons at the still-mobile Mole Borer, then retreats behind the tank. The nice thing about repurposed construction equipment was that it tended to not be very maneuverable. If the shots didn't take it out, then giving the little orange man riding atop Hammer another chance at taking out the Mole at the software level might be the best chance.

Nightraiderx
2015-06-19, 11:03 AM
Zyph'r picks up the two battle knives and the regular buster and starts to scale down to where pandora is.
"notice anything?" he whispers while looking over Pandora's shoulder.

Move to G-37 and look around the corner

Perception
[roll0]

WindStruck
2015-06-19, 01:33 PM
"I don't hear anything," Pandora says. After peeking her head below the ceiling of the opening to look, she carefully makes her way along the tunnels, mostly sticking to the walls. There could be a lot of potential threats from anywhere, so that's how she acted, with caution.

(Basically, just stealthing ahead. Will roll stealth/perception when needed.)

Eshkigal
2015-06-19, 01:56 PM
Zyph'r and Pandora notice nothing down the rest of this hall, since it seems they were there to buy time against troops landing in a carrier, not just two specialists with wings. moving down to the second floor, though, reveals something that could be expected from guerrilla forces. Rows of metools are about, dozens of the tiny, kind of cute things, that don't seem to notice you yet. Not really a threat, but good at tying up forces for time, especially with-ah yes, there are batton bones as well fluttering about. Annoying things that can, if lucky, chew you up a bit. Easy enough to clear in a fight but time consuming...
(Evasion, reflex, stealth, or combat of either sort to clear the floor, not sketching it out being just skill checks)

Hammer's shots slam into the mole tank that takes both, moving forward after without being phased too much. Meanwhile, the Degravers charge over the wall of their hangar, getting into Road Attackers and starting them with a thrum of the motors. One pulls out while the others get theirs started, the large machine gun giving a dull hum as it is about to start firing.

The_Admiral
2015-06-19, 02:05 PM
Taking cover near his bulky ally, Lambda again begins hacking the still moving Mole Borer, his mathematical computers working at top speed.

2 attempts, if it suceeds, road attackers will meet crushing doom.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-19, 02:13 PM
The otherwise stalled Borer shuts down for a moment, before Lambda can feel its systems in his control. Oh, this will be fun.

WindStruck
2015-06-19, 06:48 PM
Pandora figures that the bad guys already know they're coming this way. It's only a matter of knowing exactly when they get to where. So she elects to utilize the full range of her silenced pistol to carefully pick the mooks off one by one before they even get a chance to retaliate.

marksmanship: [roll0]

Space Lawyer
2015-06-19, 08:34 PM
Hammer seeks to take out the group of Degravers before they can be a real threat, especially the one who has already managed to get its vehicle started. Two thwumps, two grenades, in a room full of potentially explosive vehicles. It would be a delight.

Nightraiderx
2015-06-19, 08:49 PM
"Pandora, stand back I shall create a distraction while you pick them off and make your way ahead to scout." Zyph'r floats around the hallway, blasting them with a rush of air, blowing them all away.

marksmanship roll
[roll0]

using 1 charge of Eye of the Storm, point blank at the first metool in roll.
charges: 19/20

damage initial
[roll1]

damage adjacent
[roll2]

WindStruck
2015-06-19, 08:56 PM
"I am standing back," she says.

Pew pew pew!

Eshkigal
2015-06-20, 02:28 PM
It takes time, as several times in a row a metool ducked an incoming blast in the attempts to blow them away with gusts of wind, but once the Batton Bones were cleared it becomes easier to nail them in the short periods they come up from their damn helmets, the plink of plasma and wind dissipitating on them eventually no longer an issue. Your path is clear.

Meanwhile, Hammer's lobbed grenades are good, landing below one Road Attacker in the middle. Most of the Degravers are too slow, going up in flames and plasma, but the last one seems to have gotten lucky. They pull out as the mole borer under Lambda's control chews through the wall ahead, then seems to get louder as it lines up for the next assault off old information, bursting through the wall behind you and chewing apart several Ride Chasers like they were nothing. However, the second Degraver takes off, and the other swings by, taking pot shots with the cannon as it drives by.
[roll0]-Road Attacker Assault Cannon and targeting computer
[roll1]
[roll2]-First two at Hammer
[roll3]
[roll4]-Lambda
[roll5]

[roll6]-Hammer
[roll7]
[roll8]-Hammer
[roll9]
[roll10]-Mole Borer L
[roll11]

Space Lawyer
2015-06-20, 04:50 PM
The ground explodes into a earthy cloud around Hammer, chunks of rock plinking off his armor. He nimbly evades the first two shots, but a third deals him a grazing blow. The fourth puts another crater at his feet. "All you had to do was just sit down, shut up, and let us through. But no, you just had to go and shoot at us. So now you're going to die."

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

WindStruck
2015-06-20, 11:02 PM
Pandora continues with the same routine. Proceed carefully along. Don't blindly run face first into a trap or ambush. In fact, it's better to get the drop on would-be assailants lying in wait.

Eshkigal
2015-06-21, 01:59 PM
While Pandora and Zyph move forward, a strange feeling, like someone planting text directly into your brain, occurs.
-Accepting surrenders? Y/N. Striker put charges in, forced service. Tortured. Broke Vulture, executed brother. Hate her, can't touch her. Kill Striker, I surrender.
-CT

Meanwhile, Hammer sends searing hate at the last two degravers, exploding their vehicles and themselves spectacularly. The remaining enemy forces left being mechaniloids, it should be a joke to deal with them.

WindStruck
2015-06-21, 02:31 PM
Ah. "Texting" ... yet more annoying ways info could be directly planted into her brain... Pandora never really liked that. In any case, she replied,

"Capture is a possible secondary objective. Pretend to fight us if you must but try not to hit us. Claim some BS like your systems are getting hacked."

Nightraiderx
2015-06-21, 03:19 PM
"Pandora....don't you think it may be a trap? They are mavericks afterall, I don't think they'd give up so easily." Zyph'r contemplated what they could do....

WindStruck
2015-06-21, 08:12 PM
Pandora shrugs. "Could be. On the other hand, we do know Charge Tortoise was originally a civilian. Also, I might point out that trying to take him out before Striker would be... poor tactical judgement, in my opinion. Still, it doesn't mean we have to trust him while he's still armed..."

Eshkigal
2015-06-21, 08:33 PM
There is a brief pause, likely considering something before a second message.
-Miniscule gap between shell and neck, right side, gap they made. Normally nothing vital in area, but can bluff you hit VWES from there if needed. Relay information to mechaniloid driver on tank as well. Deal?

Meanwhile, after a far too large salvo of laser induced death, one hamma hamma slags, unable to reach you as the other clans on the mole borer nearby, half slagged as the first borer just smashes it like a soda can in one swoop. You now have two large tanks, a room with stealable, notably large guns, and a second tank armed with weapons that look not too outdated, likely first War, meaning they still hit as hard as Hammer at least. What first?

The_Admiral
2015-06-21, 09:01 PM
"Hammer, what about some shopping? Tank is mine though." Lambda says, gesturing at the assorted firepower, grinning from ear to metaphorical ear.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-21, 09:05 PM
Hammer makes his way over to the large cannons on the Road Attackers, systems buzzing with anticipation. With a screech of metal, he peels back the clamps holding the weapons in place, and attaches two to his shoulder hardpoints. In a matter of seconds, his energy distribution systems adjust, powering up the new cannons. Only one small flaw: the targeting algorithms couldn't handle the additional load, or at least not well enough to let Hammer fire everything at once. There was a system that had unused capacity though, the drones. It would strain that system to the maximum, but it would work. The cannons wouldn't be fire-linked with his main weapons, but they'd certainly do well enough semi-autonomously.

WindStruck
2015-06-21, 09:10 PM
Pandora texts back, "WTF? What mechaniloid driver?? Whatever, deal. Will notify allies."

With that she sends comms communication to the other two, "Hey guys, so I don't know if Charge Tortoise was actually infected with mav virus, but it seems he's trying to work out a deal to surrender, as he claims he was forced to do this. Says there's a small gap on the right side of his neck between the shell and can probably fake VWES going down if you hit there..."

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 12:01 AM
Pandora and Zyph'r move forward, getting one last signal from Charge.
-Kralmachts preparing ambush, reported near the entrance to next level. Striker acting erratic. Saying something about recovery.
Even as the message comes through, you spot the next level's entrance. But where are the Kralmachts? Although, saying something could be a poor choice if he's telling the truth...

Hammer and Lambda on the other hand have no such issues. Or any, really. Because when you have two heavily armored tanks digging you a path forward wide enough to drive a mini tank and a full sized one forward, you begin to lack issues. They end up plowing through another encampment of Degravers that were just setting up a hamma hamma, the poor bastards unprepared for there to suddenly be a new tunnel into their area twice as big as the old one, becoming so much scrap from the Mole Borers below. After that, you spent an entire bloody level encountering scurrying foes, shouting over comms about three mechaniloids and a tank before Hammer cuts them off, or Lambda tries some of his new arsenal. So, ultimately, it is a quiet path forward.
Until the NEXT level up has a blip on Hammer's borrowed minesweeper. One that's moving, and fast.

WindStruck
2015-06-23, 12:39 AM
Pandora didn't see any kralmachts at first. She looked at Zephyr and then double-checked down the tunnel for anything strange.

perception: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 02:32 AM
Swinging the sonar scanner around a bit that she had borrowed for the mine field, Pandora notices that there's a small hallway on one end, as the target inside moves slightly. There's one...

Too caught up in the glee of driving a damn tank, Lambda doesn't notice his scanner going off rapidly. Not until a blip comes up from under him, and his tank has an explosion on one of his treads!
[roll0]-Marksmanship, Called Shot to Tank Treads
[roll1]
Unfortunately, the tank takes the full brunt of the explosive, sending ceratanium shrapnel arcing through its treads without a problem, causing the entire left side to lose its tread, jamming up the wheels, and making a mess of it. The tank is currently immobile.

Outside, another Hunter enters the fray, though he doesn't quite know it yet. Long ears blowing in the wind as two soldiers, Steel Berets, teleport in next to him, Negative looks about at the site base he had been sent to for a retrieval of a prisoner of the war on the maverick menace. One he had to ask his CO, Longshot Koala, for permission to go on, despite being the third greenest recruit the hurting Second Recon was supposed to get, having arrived in Geneva the day before. Apparently, his sister, formerly Cloud Cockatoo, now apparently going by Raining Vulture, had been shot down, and although alive had been deemed sufficiently injured that live capture was readily viable. At the beamin pad, a human soldier of Indian descent gives a quick salute, looking to the three of you, black hair mussy under his cap.
"Ah, you must be here for the POW, correct? Private Subhi. We were told to expect you."
After some exchange of trivial information, not really paying enough attention to it due to finally knowing what happened to her, you are led to a spot behind the lines, to a jeep with a pair of armed human guards pointing rifles at a putrescent green avian. This...oh, what did they do to her? Gone was the cheerful demeanor, gone was the smile on her beak, her sky blue plating. In its place was bird turd green armor, a face that looked like it was modeled off a bird skull, admittedly partially caved in and ruining an optic. But far more evident was that something in there had just been ground away. That the sister he knew was...broken inside. She just sat there seeming to him to project complete and utter misery, quietly looking to the sky, arms tossed haphazardly behind her with...is that her left leg in the pile? Because it sure as hell isn't on her hip still. Meanwhile, Subhi gives a small chuckle.
"Here she is. Raining Vulture, plucked."

duskskully
2015-06-23, 02:58 AM
His ears folded up going around his head before giving a salute and a nod motioning him to lead the way. Negative wasn't too found of talking much, he usually just did hand motions or nods, looking at the two beret he spoke up a bit sounding a bit silent. "I want you two, to be my eyes and ears for what I can't hear nor see while I check on my sister...understood?" Was all he said as he glared at the soldier as he moved his way past him going over to his sister ears unfolding. "Jeez...you're in poorer shape then I thought, atleast you're not, you know dead..."

The_Admiral
2015-06-23, 03:02 AM
Lambda cursed the death of his tank, leaping out of it as it became immobile, looking for his opponent.

Perception
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 03:11 AM
Your Berets, names still not known to you, nod.
"We understand, sir. Most hunters have someone lost when they're here long enough, either Maverick or Retired. Hope yours can be recovered."
The private's eyes widen at that, flinching away when you glare at him. At the sound of your voice, she turns her head slowly to stare at you, remaining eye widening as her beak stays shut. As you approach, she looks away, trying to not meet your gaze. Her beak, scorched on the bottom, opens to possibly say something, but all that comes out is garbled static.

duskskully
2015-06-23, 03:17 AM
"Alright don't talk, I'm gonna get you out of her once I get this all figured out, get you repaired and well you'll be fine, unless you still want to help others, I can go back home and-" He started to trail off seeming a big sad and rambling off things to help her as he hugged her body

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 03:20 AM
She seems to flinch away reflexively as you go in to the hug, expecting some new brutality. But when nothing comes of it, after a few minutes she puts her head on your shoulder, the closest she can give to any form of embrace right now. God, what did they do to her?

duskskully
2015-06-23, 03:32 AM
He soon backed off and looking at the soldiers with guns aim motioning them to watch over her as he stood back up pulling out his digger, ears folding back around his head as he walks over to the berets."I want you both to watch all sides of this place, if you see or hear anything single me, I'll be underground preparing some traps for anything that comes our way, understood?" Negative then turned to his sister nodding."Don't worry, I'll get you out of here once I make sure these humans are safe from harm...now move out!" He ordered moving somewhere to dig underground and start the trap setting

Space Lawyer
2015-06-23, 10:41 AM
It seemed like Striker Scorpion had arrived. There wasn't much else that could be speeding through the dirt like that and be able to take out tank in one shot. Of course, the question now was what to do about the ambush specialist. Even with all his firepower, Hammer couldn't shoot what he couldn't target. He would have to drive the bug out of the rocks. He targets the blip on his minesweeper, and lets loose his firepower, hoping to turn the surface to rubble.

Cannon Marksmanship:[roll0]
Cannon Damage: [roll1]
Shoulder Cannon 1:[roll2]
Shoulder Cannon 1 Damage:[roll3]
Shoulder Cannon 2: [roll4]
Shoulder Cannon 2 Damage:[roll5]
Grenade Marksmanship:[roll6]
Note: This isn't so much targeting Striker as the rocks broken up by the cannons and attempting to blast away the rock.
Grenade Damage: [roll7]

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 12:20 PM
The last blip had been from under the tank Lambda had been driving, so you lay out as much covering fire there as you can to try and keep the techie safe, even if he has to jump for it. Most shots sail into the tank, pummeling it further, but one sails under, getting a screech of pain as you temporarily can see her. Menacing blades click in the darkness of the cave, as plates seem to have been torn into by that grenade and two of eight optics have gone dark. Then, with a voice that is the auditory equivalent of someone using barbed wire in dental work and the results, she addresses you both.
"I will enjoy tearing out that mechaniloid's core and consuming it, Hunter."
With that she does a flip back and away, claws spinning, digs away with a screech that resonates in your heads and in the tunnels, before disappearing. And a few minutes later, the mountain began to shake.

The Berets look confused at that, turning to each other and then to you.
"Sir, no offense, but why? There's enough firepower here to handle any of the mavericks left, and four Hunters that are, from reports, operating at above expected parameters as a team. What could there-"
It is about now that the earth begins to shake, dark clouds growing far past the cover Vulture had given the mountain, which seemed to be the epicenter. As bolts of lightning scour the surface of it, the rumbling grows louder, sounding like...millions of cicada wings, if anything, to you and your Berets, before a beam of what seems to be electricity shoots through the mountain at an angle, carving a tunnel through the mountain, vaporizing the top of another, and streaking off into the heavens. As the mountain face crumbles, filling the hole in and causing the world to become full of shouted orders and panicked soldiers, the song of cicada wings builds up again, causing men to lose their footing and artillery to shake out of place before the door, a large swathe of artillery and infantry about 100 yards off, and untold tons of rock and dirt just vaporize as another bolt tears the fortress open, revealing what seems to be little more than a reploid skeletal structure. From nearby, you hear voices just begin shouting to open fire, but again lightning streaks down from above, fouling shots more than 400 feet out. The construct look about, with half finished eyes, as the cicada chirping builds up again, frame seeming to be made of some...reddish orange metal.
(Negative, roll your initiative and into the fray we go.)

duskskully
2015-06-23, 01:08 PM
[roll0]

He stopped dead in his tracks been a bit shaken up by what just happen, but nodded his head and get out his rifle

duskskully
2015-06-23, 01:45 PM
Negative made his way to see where the mavrick or what ever it was at and looked down at the ground then looked at the berets."You two, try and not to draw his attention and get them to stop firing at him and watch out for my sister, I'm going to take care of this problem." He said digging into the ground and making his way closer, but at the same time moving behind this cicada.

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 03:12 PM
The private gives you a look like you grew another head, mouth agape.
"Are you mad? We have to kill that-"
One of your Berets looks through a pair of goggles and peers at the thing.
"...Eyeless terror. I don't think it can actually see anything. Ceasing volleys could actually trick it into stopping."
However, you leave it to them to figure it out, as you must act. Diving below the ground, you dig forwards, but will it somehow sense you?
(Give me five stealth rolls please, +2d6 to your dice please, due to being underground)

duskskully
2015-06-23, 05:10 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

duskskully
2015-06-23, 05:18 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Nightraiderx
2015-06-23, 05:38 PM
Zyph'r put up his cloak, looking around for the supposed creatures that were there.

Stealth roll cloaking standing still
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 05:43 PM
Digging as fast as he can, Negative hears one last blast from the reploid before the sounds of artillery slowly go silent. He get through slowly, taking advantage of a myriad number of tunnels laid out before to move forward, claw and feet carrying him ever forward. But, near the shield he saw it project, he can hear lighter rumbles. Surfacing briefly, he sees it...firing up the mountain? Odd, until he watches a rock move and the red skeletal reploid jerk both arms towards that, blasting a boulder into rubble that had been the first to shift, followed by repeated strikes burning away what came after. It really couldn't see, huh? And seemed to react to noise primarily...

Space Lawyer
2015-06-23, 05:57 PM
As Striker Scorpion digs away, Hammer says, "I have an idea. If she wants something to kill, we'll give her something to go after. And die for the trouble." Hammer begins attaching grenades to the Mole Borers, allowing his internal systems to keep on churning out more explosives until the machines are nearly covered in the little bombs. "Send the Mole Borers after her. The second she hits one, I'll detonate every grenade attached to it. Lets see if she can survive that."

The_Admiral
2015-06-23, 06:04 PM
"That is a plan I can get behind my good friend." he replies, as he waited until the tank was fully laden before sending it off digging after her.

duskskully
2015-06-23, 06:04 PM
He wraped his ears around his head slowly getting out of his hole then slowly again getting his sniper making sure to be careful not to alert this blind monster. He aimed down the sights scanning over the target and ready to pull the trigger

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 06:55 PM
Zyph sees nothing, but unlike Pandora he didn't grab anything to detect weak walls, or movement. Both of which are found behind one wall. If they spotted you, though, is an unknown. However, the world has begun to shake...

The mole borers head off, and all is quiet for a short while. Then the ground quakes, and a blinding light shears through the walls behind them and for a brief moment they can see outside, before tons of rubble block their pathway back down and the hole that was formed. A grand storm was gathering, though...

A split second before impact, the skeleton reploid deems to hear your shot. Twisting around, arms glowing bright, it ends up taking the shot directly to the chest, body crackling as all the water vapor around it was suddenly and forcibly frozen around the Maverick. However, the glow doesn't die, even as lightning strikes the now frozen foe once, twice, three times.

duskskully
2015-06-23, 06:59 PM
"So that's what you're doing eh...well then hope you don't mind me saying this, but you need to chill out." Negative muttered switching his sniper to rapid fire and aiming again ready to unload

WindStruck
2015-06-23, 08:19 PM
Pandora detected a tunnel or something hidden behind a wall further down the hallway. But didn't CT say there were more? Unless that was a typo...

She pointed down the hall trying to gesture to where they were at. But just as it seemed there was going to be an understanding, the whole mountain shook and she just about jumped out of her endo armor.

"What the hell was that?!"

Nightraiderx
2015-06-23, 08:20 PM
"uh.... pandora, do you... see them anywhere?"Zyph'r was trying to stand still but
it was trying his patience. Zyph'r was shook as the whole place started shaking. "Damn, that was alot. of. movement. lets hope it doesn't take down this place while we are still in it."

WindStruck
2015-06-23, 08:23 PM
Finally coming to her wits, Pandora tries accessing comms. "Bison, what's going on? Is it a bomb? A legit earthquake?"

Space Lawyer
2015-06-23, 08:29 PM
An attack on the mole borer was all the warning Hammer needed. He detonates the grenades covering the machine, leveling whatever was unfortunate enough to have touched it. "I think that should do it for that screeching scorpion. You go see if you can find the remains. I'll head back towards the lines; I can carry whatever equipment we can salvage from here and fight out what the hell is going on out there."

Hammer trundles back the way the pair came, throwing whatever bits of cargo he could carry onto his back.

The_Admiral
2015-06-23, 08:57 PM
Lambda nods silently as he enters the hole, making his way to the borer's last known location.

Eshkigal
2015-06-23, 09:03 PM
As the many parties wondered exactly what the hell juat happened, Hammer trundles back into at least 48 tons of rubble and dirt. That hallway is closed with extreme prejudice. Following that attempt, there comes an explosion from down the hole, but was it the scorpion, or something landing on a grenade?

"We just got word of a massive power source going active under the mountain and, ah...excavating itself. From reports, it seems to be reploid, suprisingly small for power behind it, possibly incomplete. Still getting feeds-"
However, you don't get much more than that as the shouting tips your hands, a Kralmacht bursting out in front of and behind you.
"Oh-YEAH!"

Negative begins advancing as he shoots blast after frigid blast into the thing's face. Four shots seem to make it struggle more than before-is it your imagination, or did it grow some more muscles?-but with the fifth, the lights begin to dim, and with the sixth, you manage to shoot the incomplete reploid's head off, watching it shatter into a million pieces. The energy around it's hands begins to die off, and what could have ended in disaster stands as a statue before you.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-23, 09:09 PM
Hammer looks angrily at the rock in front of him. He considers simply blasting his way through, but quickly decides against that plans as the mountain was clearly unstable as it was, and blasting through whatever was keeping the whole thing from collapsing would only lead to a painful death. He turns around, heading upwards.

duskskully
2015-06-23, 09:12 PM
His ears unfolded as he looked over to the base radioing the two Berets."Ok men, target is down, i repeat, target is done, get some men over here to pick it up, we're taking this thing back to base, to see if we can get anything off it, also, tell them to bring ice picks if they have any." He said walking over to the ice statue and looking over at the head his rifle up, drawing his pistol to shoot at it if it moved

WindStruck
2015-06-23, 11:07 PM
"Oh ****!" is Pandora's response to the kool-aid man wannabes.

Pincered between two enemies with shotguns, spotted, and right there in the open, there was no choice but to try put one down quickly and put distance between herself and the other. She instinctively activated her cloaking device, as well as her EAS as she began jetting towards the Kralmacht behind the two, guns blazing.

She passed the kralmacht quickly but kept shooting, spinning around and firing backwards as she sailed through the air.

dam: [roll1]

dam: [roll3]

hit: [roll4]
dam: [roll5]

---

hit: [roll6]
dam: [roll7]

hit: [roll8]
dam: [roll9]

hit: [roll10]
dam: [roll11]

Eshkigal
2015-06-24, 12:55 AM
So Lambda descends down Striker's hole, carefully making his way down. It seems to wind and twist in places, but it keeps leading down, until you find yourself suddenly dropping into a wide room that looks like a laboratory. One designed for building and testing a new reploid. Heading to the terminal, he finds...no, no...this can't be, this was their project at Mesa together. A reploid designed to generate and regulate enough energy for an entire country with the most minimal of needs. Weaponized, it was estimated that he could match the Enigma Cannon in raw output, but Lambda had seen to his destruction himself that day! Rather than let Flame Stag get him, Lambda had been forced to slag the body! So how-
As he runs around, examining computer files and devices, remembering how much he had developed of this himself, he stops at what seems to be an open horizontal tube that holds a familiar red gel.

Pandora fires a flurry of shots at the Kralmacht, trying to speed past hers. It raises it's larger arm, grunting in annoyance as a lot of the plasma just fizzles harmlessly on it, before engines on its back power up and launch it forward, the Kralmacht's own dash allowing it to move to keep up with Pandora. It's large fist opens and grabs at her, trying to pin her to a wall.
[roll0]-Close Combat roll to punch
[roll1]
[roll2]-Athletics to try for a grapple if the close combat roll works.

There's a call to Command, but it doesn't go through. Something about a crisis situation elsewhere, and needing the platforms clear for a while. However, staring at the head, you notice it seems to have been more whole than it was originally, more advanced eyes than what it had previously in its strangely shaped skull. So damn odd...

Hammer, upon reaching the next floor, finds a scene of carnage, of which Charge Tortoise sits in the middle. Explosion craters, destroyed gear, five different mavericks in tiny pieces around him, and the only signs of him having gotten hit just scorch marks on his armor. Eyeing you, he raises his hands.
"Here's hoping your makers included good reasoning skills, mechaniloid. I surrender, having been under duress to serve. It was either serve or have eight communities I was particularly fond of exterminated, torture, and bomb implants. I assume that if your handler didn't need you now, Striker was exterminated like the vermin she is?"

The_Admiral
2015-06-24, 01:30 AM
".......It can't be," lambda stated, as he stared at the canister. Approaching it, he placed his palm on in, staring at the Red Rust.

After minutes of staring, he snaps out of his reverie, radioing in to his team, "Guys we have a problem," as he got to work retrieving data, anything he could.

Nightraiderx
2015-06-24, 08:55 AM
Zyph'r flared up. "Let her go. now." Zyph'r charged the Kramalach as it tried to pin Pandora down, slashing furiously.

thunderous crash combat rolls
[roll0]

[roll1]

Using 20% of my capacitor to add 2d8 electric to both hi and lo beam sabre's
lo beam damage
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

hi beam damage
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

80/100 capacitor

And then Blasting point-blank with eye of the storm to knock away the ones behind.

Marksmanship
[roll8]

initial damage
[roll9]

secondary damage
[roll10]

Space Lawyer
2015-06-24, 09:15 AM
"Here's hoping your makers included good reasoning skills, mechaniloid. I surrender, having been under duress to serve. It was either serve or have eight communities I was particularly fond of exterminated, torture, and bomb implants. I assume that if your handler didn't need you now, Striker was exterminated like the vermin she is?"

"Unless she can survive twenty or so grenades going off around her and two Mole Borers exploding in a small tunnel, I'd have to assume she is dead. My comrade is confirming the kill now."

Hammer eyes the destruction. There was good chance that the turtle was truthful, but there was always the chance of betrayal. "On behalf of the Maverick Hunters, I accept your surrender, known Maverick Charge Tortoise. Now, I hope you'll understand, I have to insist that you walk in front of me. We need to go upwards; between Striker and whatever cannon you had that could collapse the mountain, the front way is blocked."

The_Admiral
2015-06-24, 09:25 AM
"Hammer, I think I know what caused the cave in, a reploid, probably a maverick now, development designation BM 01," Lambda comms over to Hammer.

duskskully
2015-06-24, 01:56 PM
He sighed abit trying to pick up the others that were inside the mountain on his radio."This is Snow Hare calling anyone in the mountain, I repeat this is Snow hare contacting anyone in the mountain, I have dealt with a strange Mav, and it is down, anyone copy over."

The_Admiral
2015-06-24, 06:15 PM
"This is Lambda, describe the maverick to me, over." he replied.

duskskully
2015-06-24, 07:49 PM
Negative looked over the frozen statue and the head that had fallen off with the shots noticing it looked like a cicada."A giant Cicada, he had the power of electricity, very incomplete, primarily red skeletal structure, face set up for mandibles, signs of plans for second set of limbs, wing joint areas." He said over the coms looking over the statue once more making sure he got it right. "That's all there is over."

Space Lawyer
2015-06-24, 07:58 PM
Hammer looks toward his (hopefully) compliant prisoner. "What do you know about an incomplete electric cicada?"

The_Admiral
2015-06-24, 08:53 PM
"Good, destroy it as soon as possible, it's a reploid sized Enigma cannon in terms of power." he replied over the radio, relieved that it was stopped so soon.

duskskully
2015-06-24, 09:08 PM
"It's ummm frozen and it's head is off, I stated that I defeated it awhile ago, the head it clearly blow off, the body frozen in a good block of ice, so he's staying frosty..." Negative confirmed to who ever was talking with him on the comms and chuckled to himself

Eshkigal
2015-06-25, 12:50 AM
The Kralmacht on Pandora takes a blade in the arm, causing the shotgun built within to explode, then between the eyes as he yells in pain. His brain fries as he screams, before falling to the floor so very dead. His brother, enraged, bellows as he bursts forward, but hasn't got the speed to reach.

Charge looks absolutely bewildered by that part.
"They just told us we were headed this way because of something big. Never said what, and considering the bomb put in my brain I thought it unwise to press matters. As soon as your compatriot confirms death of Striker, hunter, I will tell you where to disable my arms and arsenal."

Speaking of Lambda, he is still busy tearing every scrap of information possible from the databank, and it seems that this was being used as some form of...test by the mavericks. Trying to actually grow a maverick, that could alter itself over time and on the fly, using the nastiest model they had access to. Many notes refer to it as a Rust Model 0x8, with notes concerning previous projects, five ending in failure. Clicking two of them, though, pulls up simple images of Striker Scorpion and Battle Beetle. Scrolling down though, it is evident that someone is actively rewriting the files! Probably to point blame to another!

The statue remains a statue, though the Berets seem to be trying to haul it away at this point with a tow truck. Stuck to the ground pretty solidly.

The_Admiral
2015-06-25, 01:09 AM
Gritting his metaphorical teeth, Lambda hastened himself, ripping as much data as he could from the system, practically panicking, he needed that data intact.

WindStruck
2015-06-25, 01:19 AM
Along with the crash of twisting metal and an audible crunch, Pandora yelps in pain as the kralmacht slams its large, metal fist into her body. She narrowly dodged its grasp as it tried to pin her to a wall, just as Zephyr beat the brute at its own game and trounced it.

"Th-thanks..." she said, turning her attention to the other one approaching, infuriated that his brother had been slain.

Thankfully the big guy was nearly 100 feet away. Now that they weren't pinned between two bruisers, this fight would be easy. Pandora takes a brief instant to concentrate through the pain, aiming at the other kralmacht with her pistol. It seemed her attacks were ineffective, but if she aimed in the right spots like she should have been doing...

Called shots to the kralmacht's legs! Knees, hips, whatever will slow it down or make its legs completely unusable.

dam: [roll1]

dam: [roll3]

hit: [roll4]
dam: [roll5]

And to its eyes. Or head. Whatever. Trying to blind it.

hit: [roll6]
dam: [roll7]

hit: [roll8]
dam: [roll9]

hit: [roll10]
dam: [roll11]

duskskully
2015-06-25, 06:52 AM
Negative got off the comms moving over to help the beret trying to move the statue of ice."Come on men, put your back into his and be careful with this thing got it?" He ordered out and pointed over to the head that had came off from the shots."Don't forget the head, we need that too, now lets get this outta here!"

Eshkigal
2015-06-25, 10:26 AM
Lambda tries to steal the information away, but every time he attempts to grab a file it vanishes, or has already been modified. However, his own data input could be useful. Easy to record at least. He gets enough of the enemy editing on camera and the material pre edit that way, at least.

The Kralmacht howls in pain as a lucky shot from the first volley makes it past the heavy armor they have, making his knee so much twisted metal. The shots to his eyes as he looks up only compound them.

With Negative's help, they load the statue up, taking a detour to grab the ridiculously small and torn up remains of a maverick apparently going by Battle Beetle and chucking them on the truck. Going back to the pad, where Multiply had been delivered as well, you go to the pad, and nothing happens. Odd.

Nightraiderx
2015-06-25, 11:27 AM
"Not a problem, now lets end this."
Zyph'r dashed forward, positioning himself so that he could blow the kramalact into a wall (or off the floor)

I have no map so not sure if I'm in the right spot and I am at work so can't open it. (bear with me if it's wrong)

Eye of the storm blast -1

Marksmanship
[roll0]

Initial damage
[roll1]

duskskully
2015-06-25, 11:57 AM
"This thing should be working.....I don't like this, you two, be ready, I have a bad feeling about this..." Negative stated getting his retractable blades ready for the worse, if this was a bad moment that was to come."And don't give me lip about it been nothing, you saw what happen just awhile ago that I took care of yes?"

The_Admiral
2015-06-25, 12:44 PM
Finally out of sheer idle curiosity, he goes through the scraps, searching for any data it had on the red rust.

Having collected as much as he can, he began searching again for Scorpion's body.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-06-25, 02:28 PM
The Kralmacht, blinded as it is, doesn't manage to get an arm up to shred the gale this time. It's chest becomes a giant hole as the enhanced wind currents blast through at impressive speeds.
(Out of combat, what do you do)

One of the Berets opens comms with Command before going pale.
"Sir, it isn't responding because it's in use. All of the pads are. A G Class flying fortress is assaulting Vienna currently. All hunters available are currently headed to the city, but in the meantime we are stuck here. Second is not being sent in due to being too highly targeted to risk."

Having gotten what he could, Lambda departs down a secondary tunnel recently formed, taking samples of inactive Rust with him. Heading up it, he eventually finds a large blast radius filled with rubble and scrap enough for two borers. Digging in a bit, he also finds what seems to be Striker's carapace and innards strewn across a wall, red rust also staining the walls.

duskskully
2015-06-25, 07:22 PM
"I see, alright men, I guess we do what we can, in the mean time umm ahem how to ask this, do any of you know how to fix her beak?" His ears poked each other as he moved over to his sister rubbing her head smiling sadly."Just a bit curious is all, I just guess I'm a bit eager with see her after so long heh..."

Nightraiderx
2015-06-25, 07:28 PM
Zyph'r pants after blasting a hole into the monster turning to Pandora and giving a wry smile and a thumbs up. "Reporting in. This is Zyph'r and Pandora, we are currently inside base cleaning up, over. Status of Mavericks?"

The_Admiral
2015-06-25, 07:44 PM
"Scorpion dead, kill confirmed, we have bigger fish now though," he replied as he made his way back, collecting a canister of red rust on the way from the giant tube before setting the rest to destroy itself.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-25, 07:51 PM
"I can proudly report Striker's death. Now, time to get moving." Hammer aims all his weapons at Charge, ready to fire at the slightest hint of treachery.

WindStruck
2015-06-25, 08:04 PM
Pandora sighs. "I guess that went well... sort of. Could have still gone a bit better, though..." She rubbed the damaged area on her chest. Definitely was something more than needing a new paint job. The wound still ached considerably. If only she hadn't been such a loud-mouthed idiot and been yelling from all the excitement. And also if she didn't panic. Still, it was her first day of real fighting...

Listening in on the comms again, she asks, "So all the maverick bosses are accounted for? Are we sure there's no remnants?" She asked that because she still hadn't seen the others. Who knew what else was in this mountain until they met up? All the while, she carefully tries to proceed forward in their original direction.

(I don't think we heard about the teleporters/attack yet, right? And if we were to keep heading the direction we were going before getting ambushed, where would we be?)

The_Admiral
2015-06-25, 08:12 PM
"Very, all three successes are accounted for," he replied as he clambered out of the hole, canister in hand.

Out of the corner of his eye, that figure again, what was a human doing here?

Eshkigal
2015-06-25, 11:36 PM
(You would find their medbay/improv torture room, then Charge and Hammer, then so much rubble that makes it so you have to climb back up)

Charge lowers his arms, and you hear plates disengage before both busters fall off his now unarmored arms.
"Sign of good faith then."
He lifts them up and hands them to you, before slowly lumbering up to his full height, towering above you before he turns through the tunnels, plodding off with a heavy, constant burn from his Emergency Movement System keeping him going at acceptable speeds.

After a few minutes, Bison crackles onto all of your comms, sounding rather stressed.
"Unfortunately there are bigger problems abroad, Pandora. Get to the teleporter, soon as the Fourth, Fourteenth, and First are fully deployed you can be called back. Code G Class in Vienna, all personnel available are either being scrambled or recalled to guard home base. If your targets have gone down, then mission over for now."

Trying to catch the man is fruitless, that much you know. However, following the paths he ducks down seems to lead you to a giant tunnel made by energy blast, then outside to where the other hunter has just driven off with his kill.

The Berets look to each other, then to her, then to you as if considering saying something, then deciding better of it.
"Sorry sir, no medical training like that."

duskskully
2015-06-25, 11:41 PM
He stood up nodding fully understanding them."Sorry, I just thought you would be trained in all the fields, you understand right?" He walks over saluting them both."But today you both did a good job, on following my orders, now lets see if we can help back at base once the others arrive, understood?!"

WindStruck
2015-06-26, 12:08 AM
Pandora finds the others, along with Charge Tortoise. "Oh good, you guys didn't blow him up like idiots, and he's playing nice."

She tilts her head, observing the scene around her before she stops spacing out. "Let's just get out of this pile of rubble and back to base, ok? Something big is going on... and I think I need to get looked at..."

After getting her bearings and finding tunnels collapsed, she says, "I think the only way out for you big guys is up. But the baddies sort of blew up the elevator."

Eshkigal
2015-06-26, 12:48 AM
Charge just steps forward, and about eighteen ports open up on his shell.
"Word of warning: don't look directly into the lights."
Then he fires everything he has, sending missiles, grenades, and hardlight constructs flying into the rubble, his bulk blocking the sheer amount of shrapnel and fire that heads back your way. This allows for numerous gaps large enough for the fliers, but it takes some more...concussion mining from Hammer for them to squeeze out. As it stands, the army is swarming a swathe of area where there seems to be a new tunnel in a mountain across from the entrance, looking for survivors and finding little, not even bodies to bury.

"Not repairing systems in the field good, though. Seal cracked armor, sure, try and stop a cascade failure maybe. But not this finicky stuff."

The_Admiral
2015-06-26, 02:05 AM
"I'm out of the mountain, found a tunnel out......Nevermind, I'll be waiting at basecamp unless I'm needed." He radioed over, optics adapting to the new light conditions.

WindStruck
2015-06-26, 07:38 AM
Pandora makes her way back to base with the others, casually riding on top of Hammer as though he were her own personal ride. When they get to the encampment, she sees if there is anyone that can fix her up.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-26, 09:08 AM
Hammer jauntily marches into camp, proud of his rider and prisoner. What Berets that aren't involved in search-and-rescue quickly clamber atop him to offload the looted equipment. "Send a team into the base. There is a lot of materiel that we can salvage. We've likely cleared all hostiles out, but be on your toes just in case."

Nightraiderx
2015-06-26, 04:16 PM
Zyph'r hovers over hammer and the others as they make their way back to camp.
Zyph'r is curious if he can reformat his body to better suit his feeling as he wanders off, lost in thought.
Zyph'r goes back to his room, pondering.

Eshkigal
2015-06-27, 12:31 PM
It takes time for the mountain crew to wander down, and even then it takes five minutes more for Command to be ready to allow people back. So each of you goes, one at a time.

Hammer arrives at the Fifteenth to find it virtually dead inside, aside from Berets with heavy grename launchers escorting Chare to a holding cell. Berets are patrolling, several mechaniloids are set up as if to repel invaders at a moment's notice. Looking at the nearby deployment screen, it seems that nearly the entire Fifteenth is out, save one-one Lieutenant Masserdriver. But...who was Massedriver again? It was also normal to debrief on base... (Where do you begin wandering to, first off? Barracks, lounge, labs, medbay, etc? Ask questions, I shall provide answers)

Zyph'r arrives at the Air Cavalry flight pad with fairly similar results. Most aircraft are scrambled, most reploids on base gone. His support there is one Dazzling Mockingjay, and a number of Berets built for flight. Where does he begin?

Lambda returns to a buzz of activity, though. Scientists scrambling, assistants gathering information, heavy coordination with the Fifth as many terminals link officers of one to officers of another. Above it all, Beams Nautiller stands shouting orders, getting teams together, and looking like he could use three stiff drinks and a week in a recharger just from the news alone due to how much he is trying to boost systems productivity off of his own frame. He doubled as security system and secondary power source for the labs here and, in extreme emergencies, Rho, Command's primary logistics coordination computer. Where to start?

Finally, Negative and Pandora end up on base, lifesavers on deck to deal with Vulture, one dragging Pandora off to the medbay. Most hunters are currently still on site, but manning defenses and giving overwatch to undermanned divisions in this situation, the Geist infantry are fairy active. Four officers are currently deployed, but you do not believe either of you have met them yet.

(So, after repairs and, if you wish to get it out of the way, debrief, where do people go?)

Space Lawyer
2015-06-27, 02:06 PM
It seemed the easiest thing to do at the moment would be to debrief. There wasn't really anybody here to meet anyways. He would also just get in the way if he followed Charge to holding cells, and he certainly wouldn't be any help in the labs or medbay. He shuffles over to one of the patrolling Berets and asks "Have you seen Lieutenant Massedriver around? Big guy, orbital-launch coilgun?"

WindStruck
2015-06-27, 02:40 PM
Pandora's armor is removed and sent to labs or wherever the heck they do things around this tower for repairs. Meanwhile, in the med bay, she thanks the medical officer after being treated. She did have clothes, though of course not here. She borrowed a large smock so she could go to the "barracks". Her room was a fairly confined, spartan place at the moment with a recharge bed, a desk, chair, computer, closet, and little else. Sadly, it did not have a window.

Pandora changed into some civvy clothes. It was just some shorts, flip flops, and a tank top. Not really ideal for absorbing plasma shots and grenade blasts, considering some insane crap was going on, but not much could be done about that for the time being. She still kept her pistol with her - just in case.

After that, she returns the smock and goes to debrief. Then she goes to the very top of the tower again, wanders around probably in many places she has no business being in, and once again takes a long, long view of the city down below. She must have been there at least 30 minutes watching, thinking, and spacing out in general.

The_Admiral
2015-06-27, 04:33 PM
As soon as he finished debriefing, he requisitioned lab space, getting out of his armour and into a lab-coat. Canister in hand, he began looking over the red rust sample, running tests and going over the retrieved data.

If she was using their work to do this, he had a responsibility to stop this, no matter the cost.

duskskully
2015-06-27, 04:35 PM
Negative nodded to his sister as he made his way to his commander for debriefing."Negative Snow hare, reporting in sir, I now await debriefing and orders for my next mission sir!" He said saluting to Koala, but still the thought and wonder of how his sister will do in repairs and wonder how she would turn out after wards

Nightraiderx
2015-06-27, 08:14 PM
Zyph'r takes a long sigh, a bit lost in thought before he decides to get debriefed. Zyph'r is hoping to ask Dazzling Mockingjay more about the base. After debriefing, he heads to where MockingJay is.
"Hello Jay, if yo don't mind me calling you that, name's Zyph'r hoping to find out more about the base and what support they can provide for the hunters? I'm hoping to get a few upgrades, change my look a bit, but I'm just not exactly sure what to change my look into..."

Eshkigal
2015-06-28, 04:22 PM
While debriefing went quickly (everyone was more concerned by the giant fortress and HUMONGOUS MAVERICK AIRFORCE called the Skyjammer that has appeared above the city of Vienna at the moment), each of you had some questions over what happened. (expect stuff to be more involved)

Hammer, the Beret you are near jumps at the fact that you can, in fact, talk, before listening to you and nodding.
"Oh, yeah. Hang on, he was in the lab tending to some fine tuning, had some data he was trying to apply to spare rail coils Lieutenant Firefly has."
He walks in front of you, slowly showing you the paths to the lab, full of surprisingly advanced gear, where a red and gold reploid bigger than even Charge is calmly sitting next to a disassembled arm sheathe, strange components next to him as he works with a surprisingly delicate touch, until the Beret gives a light cough. With gleaming green eyes like emeralds, the giant looks over to you, a quiet voice greeting you.
"Oh, hello Sergeant. How has the refit to your missile launcher worked out for you?"
He pats a tube on his back, with a smile.
"Got more kick to it, but the incendiary option saved my ass more than once already. Anyway, this is the new guy, Corporal Hammer. Hasn't gotten their grade back, wanted to speak with you."
Massedriver looks over to you, looking you over.
"I see. Corporal, what can I do for you?"

Lambda finds a lab easily enough, as the other labs are swarmed with activity. However, all the activity is surrounding dealing with the new threat, so he ends up alone.
(Assessment, Operation, please)

In Recon's office, Koala looks up to you, slowly chewing on a eucalyptus leaf as Negative stands there. With a sigh, he gestures to stand at ease.
"We're on lockdown at the moment, since this could be a feint to weaken Command enough to assault the base. Wouldn't be the first time..."
He gives a thousand yard stare for a second before continuing.
So report. What happened? Corporal Pandora mentioned something about a heavy beam."
Outside, Pandora eventually has company, though she doesn't realize it at first.
"Nice view, don't you agree?"
Turning, she finds the tall, thin bat from before staring out at the view.
"Sickle Fruitbat, Lieutenant. You?"

Dazzling Mockingjay is...well, you have never seen such a shiny war machine before, pristine metallic navy feathers and wings shining above a batch of white, exotic patterns over their body, sitting in their room reading through old paper books. They raise their eyebrow, before speaking in a distinctly female voice, clipped and slightly annoyed at being interrupted as she puts her book aside.
"I prefer Lieutenant on a first meeting, or a bit more professionalism. However, you said something about modification?"
Putting down her book (looking closer, it seems to be about cultural tattoo designs), as she pulls out a sketchbook instead and some pencils.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-28, 04:47 PM
"I'm here to debrief, sir. We just got back a few minutes ago, and I wanted to go ahead and do this." Hammer opens a link into the base computers, to better display the images that went along with the tale. "The operation began the lines drawn up. . ."

[Detailed story of what happened.]

". . . with the ultimate result of the operation being the capture of Mavericks Charge Tortoise and Raining Vulture, the destruction of the Mavericks Striker Scorpion and Battle Beetle, and the capture of the experimental unit designated Thunderclap Cicada. Losses are still unknown at this time."

Hammer then drops out of the stiffly formal speech he had been using. "And, uh, if I may add sir, I regret my own ineffectiveness in this mission. If I had been able to finish off Striker before she managed to activate Cicada, a lot of lives could have been saved. I'd like to make sure that doesn't, that it can't, happen again."

Eshkigal
2015-06-28, 05:32 PM
Massedriver looks at you in the face through your story, asking for some occasional clarification or explanation. At the end, his gaze stays on you another moment, before speaking again, voIce understanding.
"I don't know how to tell you this, Corporal, but it will. Time and time again, it will. But to desire to mitigate it is understandable. So I will help you use what they used against others, form something new from it. I rather enjoy helping out with that, so I can see more faces return from the field. Let me just pull up their dossiers and-hm."
The giant of a reploid pauses, and looks to you.
"This is odd. Doppler Labs handles our data, but apparently they already have cleared the dead ones for work-two of them at least. Striker and Beetle have been broken down, with the pieces of Vulture and Charge having estimates already-apparently, they are exceptionally pliable for some reason. However, Command has already forwarded pay for the operation as well. Divided among the group, while still assessing potential threat level of...Cicada, I believe you said? Your total pay comes to 80,000 zenny apiece. Care to look through what can be done with it, maybe design something a bit more...personal for you? We wI'll need some help from the Sixteenth later, but their uphrase specialists shold have some time."

WindStruck
2015-06-28, 06:27 PM
Pandora turns to the bat and nods. "Yeah," she says before turning back to the view, almost seeming to have otherwise ignored him. But a few seconds later, she turns back. "Oh. Pandora. Just.. Pandora, I guess. Petty Officer."

"I'm sure you'd feel the same way, but it isn't quite the same as when you're flying..." Once again she turns back to the view but actually starts to feel bored now. "Maybe I'd be doing something else though. In my room or.. maybe even down there on the ground mingling. Though with this whole flying fortress attacking Vienna right now, I'm kind of nervous..."

She fiddles with her pistol, and looks back over to Sickle, thinking to herself she's babbled a bit more than her usual self.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-28, 07:49 PM
80000 zenny! He had heard the Hunters paid well (part of the reason he took the job, in fact), but that much money was just astounding, at least for just one job. Maybe after a time, he could buy that farm after all!

First thing though, he was going to figure out a way to make himself more capable. He could improve the odds of survival for any units accompanying him, be more efficient, and increase his earning potential, apparently. He opens the data on the defeated Mavericks. "I, ah, don't have much of technical head, sir, so I think I'll need a bit of help working this out." A few things quickly pop out though, from what seemed to be notes on the abilities of each Mav. "I might have a few idea though. The beetle had some really effective armor plating, and it looks like Charge Tortoise had a shield that I'm glad I didn't have to deal with. Those could help me take a few more hits. The scorpion though, she had some nasty tricks. I want to use those against the rest of the Mavs. I could dig through the ground, maybe with some drills, and get into position easier. Looks they've included notes about an overall rehaul in here, an arachnoid form."

The image of the mountain, with its maze of tunnels, rose in his mind. "Sir, I think I want to be able to really defend everyone. Raise some walls, disable the enemy, make it so they can't even fight back. How could I do that?"

duskskully
2015-06-29, 12:16 AM
Negative stood at ease his ears lowering abit as he leaned against the wall closing his easy and relaxing some."I'll tell you, it was more then I was expecting, there was a cicada, but I took care of him." He then went on and explained what had happen on his end and how he dealt with the blind mavrick that also enhanced it self with every electrical strike on it, more arms, better weapons, and more armor."I was able only to kill it due to the skeleton be incomplete, we were able to bring it in, even though it's frozen, it's all in one piece aside from the head sir."

Eshkigal
2015-06-29, 09:35 AM
Fruitbat nods at that, ears darting around.
"Well, nothing is testing the fortifications, though the Fourth is apparently doing a minor remodel in their gym courtesy of friggin' nuts shark bastard and FNG. But believe me, if something was coming, Commander would spot it, I would hear it, and most of the others would pick it up on some system or another before it even was in sight. But maybe a bit more to keep yourself safe would make you feel better? I mean, most of us aren't really combat 'loids. Hell, until recently we barely had busters half the time, had to rely on what we could carry. Got an impressive armory for it though, and...well, you could probably find some normal or special kit in there to add to permanent supplies. Or see Bones in the lab-he's a Geist officer, so hitting above weight class is his specialty. Also being creepy as sin."
He looks behind himself on that one, apparently having been snuck up on more than once.

Koala nods, asking questions and the like as you go, the last portion being uninterrupted. However, after the recording is complete, he sirs back down and looks at you, looking weary with the world.
"Now that that's done, I will say this: you got lucky today. Just because you hit something hard doesn't mean you should always rely on it, and frankly I have enough bodybags to likely report on today that I will say this, since you were a transfer in recruits for the Ninth: don't count on luck. Every maverick from Hoganmers and up puts bounties on our division. You are a more combat capable unit than normal for the rank, but that is because you didn't have to go in blind that time. Most instances, we get the information by our blood spilt and last transmissions to base, and the next hunters go after our killers."
He leans back, an exhausted look on his face as if he were looking at your corpse.
"Don't be in a rush to die, son. Death comes for us all soon enough. Dismissed."

Starting with the code, Lambda is first surprised to find how different it has become since last he saw it. Sixteen new systems seem to have been added, and altogether it makes what runs in his veins seem primitive. The body has also advanced considerably, and a requisition of some of Beetle's remains show him to be made of the Rust linked together, then rendered inert-possibly a failsafe to prevent revision? It also sweed to be locked-the supply you found set to make an arm for Cicada, but currently suspended. This also brings him to be aware that since he started, Striker and Beetle's data had already come back from Doppler Labs, while it seemed that Vulture and Charge would be ready in the near future, the fact that they are still alive slowing things down. But such turnaround was unheard of, unless the rust made it easier to work with. It also leads him to find he has made 80,000 zenny already!

Massedriver looks at the schematics, then to Hammer, rubbing his chin.
"Well, once the business in Vienna is over, I would suggest talking to Commander Orca about it, since he could get you lined up against mavericks that could have the right parts for it, but talk with a few uphrase specialists first. You have plenty of those currently free at least. This heavy a rehaul will take a few days, but would be a good first step. Although you may want to decide on buster cannon grade, and if you want full auto. Personally, I prefer staying power."
His fingers go to a comment system, poised over the commands.
"Want to make the call now? I can clear my work out for them to take a look at you, see what can be done fast."

duskskully
2015-06-29, 10:19 AM
"Understand sir..I'll keep in mind that not all of the bad guys will need a light touch instead of a heavy, and yeah...death comes to us slowly at times others quickly...but I'm in no rush sir, I want to stay alie as long as I can to see this war won...I'll be off now, I'm gonna check on my sister..." He said saluting Koala and walked out making his way to check on his sister

Space Lawyer
2015-06-29, 10:27 AM
"I'm ready, sir. As for the buster cannons, I'll keep them full auto for now. Though it isn't quite up to your main cannon's ability, I think my particle cannons pack enough of a punch to give pause to most Mavs, and I'd like to be able to clear a room without blowing it up. I want to go ahead and get started though. Who knows what this attack on Vienna precedes? There could be something even bigger coming."

The_Admiral
2015-06-29, 11:34 AM
He throws the information to the metaphorical back of his mind as he focuses on the Rust itself, he began compiling a program to disrupt the formation process and if it fails, to trick the self repair systems of the rust itself into rejecting its 'host' his was primitive, but there was safety in simplicity.

He left it running as he went to talk to Charge, the only one he remembers being able to converse right now, feeling somewhat responsible for what happened to him. "...Hello Charge, how are you doing?" he asked, still in his labcoat.

If I've found out everything, and have the thing running on a compiler with a notification to ping lambda when it's done, he's going for a chat with Charge.

Eshkigal
2015-06-29, 05:24 PM
Fruitbat's ears swivel back again, and he looks to the office Negative is just coming out of. With a quick thought, he waves to the other new recruit.
"Hey! Offering to give tours to the new recruits, starting with where the best stuff is kept! Want in?"

Massedriver hits the buttons, and a few minutes later gets a return call. Nodding, he walks with you Hammer back to the teleporter pads, reviewing your potential rebuild on a screen.
"Huh. It seems that this is what your DNA said you should be, but they went with a dumbed down design to fit the parameters of their budget. Lucky, normally this would be comparable to full endoconstruction in cost-millions. It also seems like it favors electromagnetic abilities, so I can help you get used to that if you want."
Arriving at the pads, they greet a simplistic humanoid reploid, about three feet tall, squat, and with simple arms that have multiple limbs and tools upon them, who looks to first Massedriver and then to Hammer, before raising a thumb in approval, voice somewhat monotone.
"It is rare to see one who appreciates form and function. Greetings, I am Toolcircuit 698, but I prefer Vinci. I assume you are the one requesting the modifications?"

Lambda heads into the central command post, getting past the OS-Tyrs that are guarding the cells, being built to closer specs to your own capabilities and with some of the lowest Maverick rates among mass production units, he comes to a large cell barred with hissing bars of plasma. Behind it, Charge sits, having somehow gotten a tablet that he seems to be staring at sadly until you come in, generic sheathes on his arms where he handed his busters off, shell having been removed to be analyzed as well.
"Better than I have in months, but that isn't saying much. They will at least hear my side, which is better chance at life than I had before. Before that, though, they have allowed me to call my parents. To tell them about Guila, that he never gave in. Was never their slave."

Space Lawyer
2015-06-29, 05:51 PM
"That would be correct." Hammer sends the specs over to Vinci, and authorizes the upcoming charges on his account. "I want to make sure nobody tries to escape from me anymore." Not to mention all the good he could do with these abilities. There was going to be a lot rebuilding happening.

The_Admiral
2015-06-29, 06:17 PM
"I can tell them for you, and for what it's worth, I'm sorry." sitting across him.

duskskully
2015-06-29, 07:14 PM
He became a bit shy stopping by the him and his ears folding around his head, but it was true he was new and he didn't know this place that well, he had no idea where they took his sister so he simply just nodded to the fruitbat."Y-Yes sir, I-I'm in need of k-knowing my surroundings here." He said muffled behind his ears

WindStruck
2015-06-29, 09:30 PM
Pandora just shakes her head. "It's not so much that as much as all my armor and stuff is in repair. But normally I wouldn't mind..." She turns to see who Fruitbat is talking to. Hm, some rabbit guy? He seemed familiar. Oh right, he was over there around that mav base!

Then he mentioned something about a tour. "Hey, that sounds fun. I'm in," she says, standing up and stretching.

Nightraiderx
2015-06-30, 08:34 AM
"Sorry Leui-tann-ent" Zyph'r always had problem pronouncing the word. "Well, since I got here everyone's so.... thematic and colorful and scary and cool and..."
Zyph'r looks down at his plain build. "Well compared to me I look pretty meh so I was thinking of using the zeny I acquired to get a full body rework, I just don't know what to rework myself as. Something signifying the grand desert where my home is." Zyph'r looked back at Jay, hoping she could help him come up with a grand design.

Eshkigal
2015-06-30, 09:10 AM
Fruitbat grins, looking between the two of you.
"Well, then I guess I should start at the most important spot for any of us: the Eucalyptus Tree."
Ignoring the strange stares at the name, he begins walking through one of the still similar looking hallways, only turning at the door.
"What? Longshot's a Koala. It's tradition for the CO to give the bar a name. Used to be the Mousetrap before the first Maverick War from what I understand."
Leading the way, he goes into the unit history a bit. How Recon has always been a dangerous job, but since Sigma's War has grown harder, especially after the loss of Scope Mouse, the first Commander, to several Bospiders. How out of the originals, it was only Longshot left, some guy called Ray Marmoset here second longest (four years so far), and that most of the officers tend to meet in the bar routinely (save for the Commander, he's gotten pretty distant), called the Eucalyptus Tree, as they reach the doors to what seems to be an actually wooden door on the floor below. Opening it showed a room full of wooden furniture, and a number of enlisted, tall and bony looking indigo reploids sitting and chatting with Berets and Lanceteamers, a swan sitting next to a hound of some sort, rings of matching gold laid into one of their fingers apiece as they have a quiet drink together, a bar of solid oak with what seems to be a rather depressed looking frog with their chin upon it and a number of bottles of some clear liquid in front of them, a long and slender cannon extending out of a shoulder. Meanwhile, behind the bar happens to be a Beret who seems to have an eyepatch welded over where one eye should be, and only one arm, the other a slagged mess welded to its side even as they handle a glass and bottle expertly one handed, then adding a liquid similar to what you see the frog chugging back.
"Go ahead, be social, find someone to talk with."

Charge shakes his head.
"Some things are best from family. It just has been a long time, far too long, and my purpose, my joy in life, was...was perverted by those two into a weapon when I sought only to help others. Vulture, Newt, and Antlion's too."
He sighs, placing the tablet on his knees gently.
"Those two, they were collecting people for something. The ambush cut down two of us that wanted free, but it is troubling. And I wonder, should I have joined my brother? Should I never feared death as I did, been a coward who clung to life?"

Vinci looks over the parameters, as well as noting an option that came up from Charge as well. With a nod, he looks up.
"Understood. I will need time to set up, maybe an hour at most. Report to this pad or come with me now, and we will begin your refitting."

Mockingjay nods, turning the pencil between a pair of fingers.
"Hm...I think I will be able to help, but I need more information, such as what I have to work with. Shall we hit the lab to look over what is there then?"

duskskully
2015-06-30, 10:07 AM
Negative gulp making his way through trying not to bump into no one as his ears hug tightly around his head making his way past the swan and the hound, then the frog ears unfolding slowly as he saw over in a part in the bar a piano and he blinked."A piano....mmm It's been awhile..I wonder if I'm rusty...?" He said thinking aloud walking over to the piano and having a set cracking his fingers then scratching his chin and playing a bit with one hand trying to get a theme going and smiling as his other hand joined in and started to play a really really old song, that was once played in a cartoon featuring a rabbit as well.

Space Lawyer
2015-06-30, 10:17 AM
With his debrief complete, and most of the regiment in Vienna right now, it seemed like getting started on the refit would be the best idea. Besides, the labs and medics would have plenty on their hand once the casualties from Vienna started coming in. I'll head with you now. No time like the present." He gives a motion that could be interpreted as a salute to Massedriver, then follows Vinci.

The_Admiral
2015-06-30, 10:40 AM
Lambda sits there, thinking, after a few minutes finally replies, " Maybe you should have, maybe you shouldn't, but what happened, happened, and you survived while Newt and Antlion didn't, All I can say is to do what you think would honour their memory."

Nightraiderx
2015-06-30, 01:32 PM
Zyph'r nods, "Sounds good to me," as they are walking to the lab, Zyph'r describes that he wants to become a creature of great renown at the desert, one that strikes fear but doesn't bulk him down or loose his original purpose. He was interested in moving at speed, digging through the sands and burrowing through it. A creature that had claws and wings and was rare.

WindStruck
2015-06-30, 06:48 PM
If negative was paralyzed, Pandora was utterly stupefied with shyness. She looked about the room wide-eyed at first, then eventually took a few clumsy steps forward, shuffling her feet and nearly knocking over an unoccupied chair.

Now with even more eyes staring at the newcomers, all she could manage to stammer was, "Uh.. uh, hi..." to the nearest person.

Eshkigal
2015-07-01, 01:37 PM
It seems that the music is appreciated by the crowds, as many have auditory enhancers. In fact, the hound and swan raise glasses in appreciation, while the bartender just smiles. Meanwhile, Pandora gets over to the frog as they raise a hand for another, head slumped on the bar.
"Shey, dun' 'member ya 'round here...yer the 'placement, eh?"
They look at you unfocused, eyes almost roaming in two directions at once.

"Assuming they allow Vulture and I to live, at any rate. We were maverick after all..."
Charge looks down at the screen again, then to Lambda
"Still, I thank you. A chance is better than nothing. And for eliminating those two with heavy prejudice. They deserved worse. Now, I assume you had more than pleasantries in mind with your visit? Anything I can help with?"

Mockingjay taps in some commands at the desk, zones out for a moment, before chiming in.
"Looking up creatures of the deserts, I have a few ideas that could work. For starters, there's always been the Scarab, which is popular in the desert. Also seems to have support from the DNA that was sent in so far-this options from the scorpion could do rather well, though the rehaul will be a bit pricey. However, it would also include a number of potentially useful options for you too..."
She sketches for a bit on her pad, before handing it you you. Gotta say, it doesn't look bad.

Nodding again, Hammer and Vinci end up teleporting to a large hangar bay in the sixteenth, with a number of currently abandoned mechaniloids mid design, a large number of the scientists and engineers currently rushing to find holes in the current Vienna threat. Vinci heads over to what seems to be a machine for assembling new vehicle prototypes before turning to you. As the limbs begin gathering parts together, Vinci turns to you.
"Now, since many of these are going to be new installations as is, how would you prefer your new buster cannons? Rapid fire, or heavy single shots?"

Space Lawyer
2015-07-01, 01:53 PM
Hammer gestures to the LMGs. "I think these will do just fine for rapid fire, so I'll take my lieutenant's advice and get the heavier guns. I'll have a gun for every occasion!" he says brightly. No more wasting valuable cannon shots on the little ones.

duskskully
2015-07-01, 01:55 PM
Son the music became a bit more cheerful and speedy, soon hitting the last few notes he stopped sighing a bit shaking his hands."It's been awhile since I heh heh played, heh...umm any way I guess now would be a good time to introduce myself before doing a song and if anyone has a request, I'm Negative Snow Hare, I well if you know my brother and sisters then that's all there is to say...also make a request that is easy on my hands folks, they are a bit rusty after all the training." He said with a chuckle, it had seem when he's enjoying the arts he would open up more to others."I wonder how postitive and divide are..." He muttered to himself playing with some of the keys on the piano slowly

The_Admiral
2015-07-01, 06:32 PM
"...Information, where did Beetle and Scorpion come from? We need to stop more like them from being made, anything you can help us with would be appreciated." he replied looking at Charge.

Eshkigal
2015-07-01, 07:03 PM
Charge pauses at that, thinking.
"While I do not know the answer personally, Vulture would be far more likely. She was the Medic of the group, normally kept leashed by threat of one of their Kralmacht allies, or one of them, with her detonator. However, considering some of the damage they took in their time around us, it isn't a stretch to assume she had to do some hevil thorough work, or restart them after a bad fight. One of the rare chances to catch a glimpse into another's mind, see what they started as."

Vinci nods and puts that in as well. After a few hours, the first portion, the chasis of your new body is ready, and Vinci goes to each limb, deactivating them, before anti grav pads connect to you and let him place you carefully among the devices.
"Try not to fret, this is always a bit disorienting. Please stay calm."
With that, he hits a button, and the arms descend, first stripping away your guns, then armor , then limbs. Soon you are but a bare shell, your circuits for all the world to see as you watch the reassembly take place, each piece of what makes you you inside carefully slotted into a new frame, then newer systems added in, linked first to your cores, dual LIFE Cells burning brightly, then your nervous system, and you can feel them hum as you find yourself with organs you never knew you should have, but feeling as natural as your own grenade launchers. Then your face cuts off for a moment, and you find yourself looking through eight points at the world. Unsure of the flow of time in this state, you feel more things returning to you, new systems coming online alongside them temporarily as you expand, growing from the simple thing you had been to something new, unique. Tingly. Eventually you feel all your old systems come online, as Vinci speaks up.
"We are about to handle the plating. How do you feel? Does every thing feel nominal?"
Checking a clock for the first time, you find it has been about two and a half days since you came in.

Negative gets a rush of requests, one guy shouting Freebird from the Geist (always has to be one guy asking for it), but a number of other requests that are more fun, from old classics to a few new hits.

Nightraiderx
2015-07-01, 07:49 PM
Zyph'r looks over Jay's drawing. "hmmm, yea I think I can get behind this design, but how much is it going to cost to get retro-fitted?"

WindStruck
2015-07-01, 09:13 PM
"Yeah, I'm new..." Pandora says, looking around a bit. "Replacement? Who am I--?"

Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to mention said person, though Pandora already blurted out her question.

The_Admiral
2015-07-01, 11:26 PM
"I see, thank you Charge, and good luck....." he replied, leaving.

"How's Vulture? I have some questions for her." he asked one of the guards as he left.

duskskully
2015-07-02, 06:01 AM
Negative looked around, a bit nervous about saying that he would take request, but it was too late."Hmmm lets see...." He muttered looking around unsure of what to take on as a request, some were good, others awful, one was just plan dumb, his glance passed over the hound and swan every often as he looked at the others trying to decide as one ear scratched his head.

Space Lawyer
2015-07-02, 09:03 AM
First thing, eight legs. That was a new experience. Hammer experiments with first moving each leg independently, then jointly to see if he could walk. Everything worked fine. His eight (!) eyes focus on his front legs. Just like planned, he had drills!

Oh, this was new, this bio-mechanical device in his abdomen. Oh, look, there were some next to his . . . mandibles? Well, that was new too. It would be interesting to have a mouth. A short test, just a quick burst. Thick stings shoot out, latching on to nearby surfaces. Hammer can see them normally, but a new sense tingles. These stings are magnetic, exerting a powerful field. Now that he is paying attention to this new sense, he can sense the magnetism all around him. This place was awash in intersecting fields!

He felt strong, powerful, armored. This could work.

Oh, what was this? It seems there had been another upgrade, one Massedriver had put in. Instead of the machine guns, he now had missile launchers. With lots and lots of little missiles. Oh, this was going to be fun. Why shoot things when you could blow them up?

"All systems are functioning within expected parameters. I feel ready to take on, well, not anything, but at least a lot more than I could before." A sudden dark thought clouds the joy of this rebirth. "Vienna! What happened?"

Eshkigal
2015-07-02, 11:13 AM
Unfortunately, the married couple seems to have only had a small break together, the husky having to go to comms with a quick kiss to his wife as he heads out.
"Husky Fencer, speaking. Headed up now, sir."
With a sigh and a shrug, the swan gets up and heads to the piano.
"Mind if I hop on too? Having someone else on here is rare, and it seems lIke a good time for it. Seeker Swan, by the way."
Pandora, on the other hand, is quietly sobbed into by a frog who seems to have forgotten he lacks tear ducts.
"M'brothers, they both got retired. They left m' behind, dammit! They left me 'hind..."

Hammer tries to shoot webbing, only for Vinci to raise his hands in a panic.
"Not in here! Too much is sensitive to magnetics in here, myself included."
At the question on Vienna, Vinci nods, and a screen lowers showing a good portion of the city ruined, but a survivor camp and hunters in the field, going through rubble and taking people out of it, bloody and more often than not having succumbed to injury. Then clips of an ancient jet, screaming through enemy lines while trailing enough ordinance that you are amazed it isn't shot down time after time, play, along with hailing a Lieutenant India as Hero of Vienna.
"Vienna...Vienna could have been worse when all is said and done. Seventeenth division managed to infiltrate and terminate the main Skyjammer threat, allowing Seventh to take air superiority. Fourth is overseeing cleanup."

The OS-Tyr looks to Lambda, reviewing a file quickly.
"Seems she is still in for repairs, sir. May be a few hours still, it was rather severe. Also it seems that there are numerous bomb implants in her."

Somehow Mockingjay purses her beak as she runs the numbers.
"Looks like only 60,000 for everything. Looks like you got rather lucky, there. Anything else you can think of that you may want?"

duskskully
2015-07-02, 11:25 AM
He smiled at her and made room."Yeah, I think the request was a bad idea, good for the spirits, but I'm not good with some of the masses in a large room...heh Negative Snow Hare, incase you didn't hear it before due to the roar of them asking, and yes please be my guest duets are very amazing." He said getting ready to play on the piano

The_Admiral
2015-07-02, 11:41 AM
"Thank you, beep me when she's done, I have questions for her." he replied, giving the Os-Tyr his contact information as he left the room.

As he passed the bar for the 16'th, he muttered, ".....just one drink..." as he entered, glancing around.

WindStruck
2015-07-02, 11:44 AM
Pandora instinctively raises a hand to the frog's shoulder to try to comfort him. "Oh. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." is all she can manage to say at first.

She eventually is able to separate and climbs up to a wooden stool next to him. She looks around the room, not to sure what to say again, but she winds up asking, "So, they were 2nd division, right? And you? Everyone here is, right?"

Space Lawyer
2015-07-02, 12:25 PM
Hammer accesses the reports coming in from Vienna. It seems "could have been worse" was still pretty bad. The Mavericks had managed to trash a good portion of the city. The reconstruction efforts were going be intense. Wait a second. . . Hammer checks the list of personnel assigned to the reconstruction efforts and . . . yeah, there was Brick. His brother was of the same production line, but had chosen to take a civilian job instead of joining up with the Hunters. He had a better mind for such things anyways.

He profusely thanks Vinci for his hard work, and heads back towards the 15th's section of base. The next stop would be Downrange. Specifically, the bar. Going downrange around the 15th was a suicidal idea. On the way there, Hammer locates Accel Orca's contact information and sends in a request to be assigned to Vienna. He explains his new abilities and how they might be helpful, and the connection to his brother. He includes the specs for his new body. It wouldn't be the action of combat, but it would actually help people.

Eshkigal
2015-07-02, 01:50 PM
With a nod, Swan thinks for a second before a grin comes up.
"Well, here's one I think you should appreciate then."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7I0jgCNXU
Even as Pandora tries to comfort the frog who eventually collapses onto the ground as she breaks away, he begins to mutter.
"Lost'em las' mission..."
Sickle comes over, slowly helping the frog up and back into his chair, he speaks up.
"This is Shadow Treefrog, and with Husky headed out, yeah. Husky's one of the last two in Tenth, married Swan last Christmas. But...damn, Garter and Tuatara are gone?"
He gives the sad frog a pat on the back, sitting with his, and your, squadmate, as they try to drink what must have been a hard day away.

Lambda enters the Petri Dish to find it mostly empty, save for the bartender-a Tenplate whose little met wops around the place, currently shining up the reinforced bar. He looks up, and gives you a grin. Makes sense with how busy everyone is...
"Ah, hey there! What'll ya have?"

Hammer heads off, hitting up Orca's office, which sees the whale looking tired, depleted, and spent. He looks up at you, and nods as you talk.
"I know Commander Hammer Frog could use the help, poor bastard, so I will approve this. You are to report to his command first, and from there follow his assignment. Understood?"

Space Lawyer
2015-07-02, 02:05 PM
Hammer raises his forelimb into a salute (He could actually do that now!). "Yessir. Right away, sir." He makes his way quickly to the pads. One of the Berets checks Hammer's destination and identification.

"Vienna, huh? Real mess out there."

"I know. That's why I'm going. Put me through, and let them know Labyrinth Trapspider is coming." Labyrinth climbs onto the pad, and flashes off.

duskskully
2015-07-02, 02:10 PM
Negative raised a brow, but instead of playing along with her, he played something completely different then stopped giving her a look of a challenge, then waited for her response been a bit cheeky and wanting some fun."Eh bien madame , je crois qu'il est de votre déménagement, donc permet de voir ce que vous avez oui, allez-vous accepter cette~?" He spoke up as his ears folded back behind his head
Well Madame, I believe it is your move, so lets see what you have yes, will you accept this~?

Eshkigal
2015-07-02, 02:35 PM
It takes the work of a minute, but soon the rebuilt Trapspider is off. Upon arrival, everything is...just chaos. He has to shunt off the pad as fast as he can as they transport found, wounded hunters off to Command, some missing legs and arms. Looking at them, a few would have to quit-parts were just shredded past repair with them. Rising up above the flow of traffic, he sees what may, to them, be a world in shambles. Once tall towers lay in rubble across the streets as smoke rises as far as the eye can see, cries of pain and the sounds of explosives going off in the distance echo across the tent city as people shout, beg, and plead for supplies, trying to push ahead of their fellows for the items they all need from ration lines. Following the orders of troops and the chains of command, you make your way through this broken former park to a giant frog with a hammer at his side, giving orders to the troops while plugged into a generator, looking like he has had a long three days, no chance to really recharge, and far too many problems to handle at once, troop delegations marching out at his command. After he sends five squads out to different portions of the city, he turns to you, looking not just tired in body, but spirit. Still, something in him remained rigid, unbending even though he stood in the dust of a city, and kept him tall, as he offers a hand that could easily wrap around one of your old manipulators.
"Colonel Hammer Frog. I take it you're the one Orca sent, then? Tell me, have you had any experience with squad command yet?"

Swan looks to you with some surprise before she chooses a tune of her own. To put it simply, you cannot keep pace with her, as her fingers dance across the keys with the air of practice and knowledge surpassing your own, apparently having a taste for classical music.

duskskully
2015-07-02, 02:58 PM
He chuckled after she finished and played a slow tune closing his eyes."Vous , semblent avoir plus de compétences alors je pensais, mais , bien préparer ton auto madame" He hit a few keys hard and played a tune that was thought to be impossible to be played by many

You, seem to have more skill then I thought, but, well prepare thy self madame

Space Lawyer
2015-07-02, 03:49 PM
Labyrinth extends a forelimb to shake the frog's hand. "That would be me sir. Former name Hammer, current name Labyrinth Trapspider. Just had a rehaul. And no sir, I haven't had any command experience, though certain elements of my design are intended for carrying troops into battle and serving as a focal point." A mid-leg gestures to his wide back and armor plating.

Eshkigal
2015-07-02, 04:06 PM
Swan lets you go through first, lightly applauding. And then she goes ahead and plays the same sonata, flawlessly, note for note, even managing to keep the pacing perfectly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU
Afterward, she gives a laugh, standing up and responding back in French (which I don't know even a little bit so I shall spare you my attempts).
<Do you consider that well prepared enough, or got more in you?>

"Right then, you're under Dodo. Just don't bother with sirs, he hates that."
He looks over to a small bird reploid briefing a squad, and waves him over. It's almost comical how much of a size difference you have on him as he salutes Frog, then looks to you.
"Dodo, meet Labyrinth Trapspider. I'm putting him under your command, search and rescue."
With a nod, the small bird looks you in the eyes, weighing the uses.
"Right then. Low power weapons if we encounter problems, and you carry the kit-we're going to be using sonar sweeps to see if there are any spots with wounded and linking up with a Red Cross group looking around nearby. Now, ever done the threestep before?"

duskskully
2015-07-02, 04:18 PM
"Il semble que nous adaptons de manière uniforme , je vous considère comme un opponont worhty , madame Seeker Swan , peut-être nous pouvons contiue plus tard." He said standing up and bowing then her with a smile and a chuckle."But for now I must be going, I have to check on my sisters condition, until we meet again Madame Seeker Swan." He stood back up his ears popping up from behind his head as he went to walk out and head to the labs, but stopped shortly."Umm you wouldn't happen to know where the labs are...would you?"

The_Admiral
2015-07-02, 07:43 PM
"One of the sweeter wines, I do not keep up with the years, thank you, I'm waiting on some results." he replies as he sits at the bar.

WindStruck
2015-07-02, 07:43 PM
Pandora looks down morosely, then at the duo on the piano. Hmm, quite lively and interesting. Still, as nice and entertaining as the playing might have otherwise been, it was a mere distraction to her for the moment.

Turning back to the frog, she asks, "So... I'm replacing your brothers?? If you went on missions with them, am I coming with you?"

She really didn't know how this worked. Maybe Shadow would be put on leave for quite a while due to his emotional state. Still, she couldn't help wondering if that's what he meant... unless of course he didn't mean what he said literally.

Space Lawyer
2015-07-03, 03:07 PM
"No s- No, Dodo. I've never done the threestep before. As for low-powered weapons. . ." Labyrinth moves the various weapons he is positively bristling with. "I'll do my best." He grabs the sonar kit, a pallet of water, and box of nutrition bars, and throws it all on my back. "Ready to go."

Eshkigal
2015-07-04, 12:39 PM
Dodo waves off the squad of Berets before looking up at you, going at what seems to be a leisurely (for him-still your to speed on your treads) pace, pulling a map on both of your HUDs.
"Well, don't worry, it's simple. We have other forces doing a sweep of the city at the moment, so we're handling expanding refugee space. That means we go through each block thoroughly, check for any traps or hostiles nearby, then a coordinated search for refugees and survivors, then plan demolitions and clear rubble. Simple, right?"
As you trundle on, you see several spots with Berets and Lifesavers around, pulling people out of rubble and treating wounds. Several still dazed even now, but many-too many, in your opinion-covered by white tarps, red slowly staining its way through them. At some point, Dodo begins with a tune, a language you don't know. But even that thins out, until you reach an area seemingly patrolled mostly by Mettools, with-yes! There's Brick! And...he seems to be holding up rubble for a pair of Lifesavers pulling small humans from what remains of a school.

Fruitbat shakes his head, trying to stop Pandora from asking as Treefrog keeps being a sad drunk, too blitzed to be aware of the world.
"Not how he meant it, Pandora. We tend to be solo work. I'll explain later, alright? Just...not here."
Shortly after, Treefrog begins snoring, and Fruitbat gives a sigh before lifting him up. Swan laughs a bit at that, before giving Negative a wave as you head off.
"And you as well, Negative. Hope she's doing well."
When you return though, Fruitbat has picked up a drunken frog that seems to be snoring, and points his head a bit.
"I gotta drop him off at his room anyway, he could probably use a stint in a recharger. I'll show you, alright?"

Rebar, the Bartender, gives a smile and a nod, looking to the met.
"Gentoo, mind grabbing a moscato for Lambda here?"
You've been here for a while, after all, so it makes sense he would know your name. Gentoo gives a wop of assent, before hopping off the bar and scurrying to the back as Rebar straightens out his bowtie-a nice blue one-before grabbing a wine glass. When the mettool comes back, it has a bottle of a white wine perfectly balanced on top of his head, which the tenplate picks up and expertly pours before giving to you, toolkit hand moving a liquid dispenser over it.
"Nanites this time, or no?"

Nightraiderx
2015-07-04, 12:52 PM
"hmm, wait I do have something else I wanted to add, would you mind if I borrowed that pad and pencil?" Zyph'r scribbles furiously before showing a large flaming sword. "I call it the Flambarge, a firery sword that should help against ice types..."

Eshkigal
2015-07-04, 12:55 PM
Mockingjay looks it over, nodding a bit.
"Could be useful. You know, apparently Diamond has a brother in the Fourth. Huge saber nut, plays around with making them each unique, he could possibly give you some useful tricks for it."
With that, she puts in the order, and receives confirmation. With that, you both head over to the beamin pad, where a tall reploid with the look of a custom built officer, heavy welder's mask on the front of his face, a shock of red hair on his head. He gives a small wave.
"Hey, name's Thermite, mettalurgy specialist. You're the one who called, right?"

Space Lawyer
2015-07-04, 01:03 PM
Labyrinth does his best to hum along to Dodo's ong, despite being flatly unable to carry a tune. It is the effort that counts, right?

When they spot Brick, Labyrinth trundles over. "Hey brother, long time, no see. Like the new chassis?" He moves to help Brick hold up the rubble.

Nightraiderx
2015-07-04, 01:45 PM
Mockingjay looks it over, nodding a bit.
"Could be useful. You know, apparently Diamond has a brother in the Fourth. Huge saber nut, plays around with making them each unique, he could possibly give you some useful tricks for it."
With that, she puts in the order, and receives confirmation. With that, you both head over to the beamin pad, where a tall reploid with the look of a custom built officer, heavy welder's mask on the front of his face, a shock of red hair on his head. He gives a small wave.
"Hey, name's Thermite, mettalurgy specialist. You're the one who called, right?"

"I'll definitely go and visit him then, a sword is only as good as the person who wields it and my last battle definitely left me with that impression." Zy'phr follows Jay over to the beamin pad, looking over the tall reploid with a custom build. "Yea, lieutenant mocking Jay called you for me. Zyph'r, nice to meet you sir." Zyph'r outstretched his hand to make a handshake with Thermite.

duskskully
2015-07-04, 01:51 PM
Negative smilled and waved to the others leaving with Fruitbat and looking over at him."Need some ummm help there ummm Fruitbat was it?" He asked looking over at the frog

WindStruck
2015-07-04, 03:19 PM
Pandora sighs, slipping off the stool, turning to all the other patrons in the bar and giving a timid wave before following Sickle Fruitbat. "Sure ok... what's next on the tour? Hopefully something a little less depressing..."

Eshkigal
2015-07-05, 12:37 AM
Fruitbat shakes his head at Negative's offer, shouldering the smaller frog.
"I've got him. Well, since your friend wants to put in for his upgrades next, we're headed to the labs. Although I don't know if Bones'll be better..."
He scratches his chin a second, before shrugging.
"Gotta learn sometime, and best while I can distract him. But to answer a previous question you had, we work separately, and tend to specialize in different things. Infiltration, hacking enemy communications and general systems, and surveillance tend to be how we specialize, although we tend to have plenty of generalists between the three. Treefrog here was the infiltration specialist of his trio, his brothers being communications and surveillance. So, since we're headed that way, you may want to think of how you want to do things now before you get too far in."
You three come to a room, and after he keys in a code Fruitbat sets Treefrog up in a charger, a picture of him, a tuatara, and a snake of some sort with a number of scientists on a wall nearby, which causes Fruitbat to wince before he exits the room.
"Anyway, come on, unless you want to delay a bit..."

Thermite shakes Zyph's hand, then begins looking him over.
"Likewise. Hm...you have endoconstruction, right? If you wanted, you don't have to go with your armor, though it'll be a while before it-and by extension, you-are back out there considering the upgrades we're talking about. Two, three days tops for the rehaul. Though the saber, well that will take a day to machine, tops. What do you think?"

Dodo tries to help at times after his own tune cuts out a bit, but to little avail. As you put your arms up to help share the load, he dashes into the rubble at a pace far faster than you could keep up, pulling living and dead out of the rubble for the Lifesavers to try and help, upset look on his face. However, Brick looks at you for a moment of confusion before he realizes who you are, the disruptor one of his drones had in a port falling out in disbelief.
"Oh my god, Hammer? That you? You look amazing!"
Between the two of you, the lifesavers and Dodo can get in a lot deeper than normal. However, there's always more that can be done.

The_Admiral
2015-07-05, 12:50 AM
"No thank you, I want to be actually coherent in a couple hours, want any calculations done? I'm still a calculator under all this." he replied, checking his messages constantly as he waited for a drink, tapping his chest.

Space Lawyer
2015-07-05, 07:17 AM
"Yep, it's me, just improved. I've got a new trick that might be helpful for this." Labyrinth sprays webbing across the walls he is holding up, anchoring them to whatever beams are still sticking out of the foundation. "Now, if you tell me where to dig to, I can get us in under the rubble pile." He spins his drills for emphasis.

Nightraiderx
2015-07-05, 08:05 AM
Zyph'r thinks it over, "I spose I could do that, I'd feel a bit weird not being able to fly, but I spose it lets me multi-task. Alright, I'll go with that." Zyph'r starts removing his armor, forgetting that he has worn it for so long and is so comfortable to him that he often goes commando inside it. completely unaware he stands proud and nude, "Lieutenant, I got a good feeling about this, that the modifications will definately help in the future."

duskskully
2015-07-05, 08:28 AM
Negative's ears floped abit, those were his brothers, he wonder as he followed Fruit bat to the lab wondering if Positive and Divide were ok."So, ummm if you don't mind me asking, what happen to his brothers..." He asked looking back to the frog then back to the bat

Eshkigal
2015-07-05, 10:32 AM
And a drink Lambda gets, slid over as Rebar turns on the TV in the bar, leading to footage of the conflict in Vienna, currently showing a large fortress floating lazily in the sky over the beleaguered city, smoke hazing parts out as the device, nearly half the size of the city, opens fire in the distance as camera crews film from outside. But only a couple sips in, you get a signal. The test results...damn, negative? It seems like the Rust, as you had begun to call it, has numerous strains that propagate depending on what assault is used.

Mockingjay gives a quick glance at your ass before giving a small, amused nod, while Thermite looks with confusion, then mild embarrassment.
"Sure you wanna show off the goods like that? I mean-"
He is cut off, however, as some modified Berets stop patrol and give you catcalls, one typing something into a tablet. Even as you realize what you have just done, the crowd begins forming, some humans also joining the ranks of the oglers. Which is about when Mockingjay so helpfully chimes in.
"You know, most new guys try and avoid giving people material like this. Nice to see you have some balls. Maybe a bit more literally than most here, though."
She looks down with a judging eye, before giving another smirk.
"Think I know just the music for this, too."

Fruitbat closes the door behind him gently, looking to you both somewhat uncomfortably.
"Well, we go in first to most situations to learn more, right? But most of us aren't the best combatants. Pretty fragile, tend to have to devote most of our space to better doing our jobs than fighting. But considering our job is better informing the heavy hitters about how to handle these threats, disposition of enemy forces and composition, and the like, we are considered priority targets, and we go in blind most of the time. That, and with some things being too time sensitive to wait, our job becomes pretty damn dangerous when all's said and done. What happened to them happens to everyone here sooner or later: one got spotted, and then they ended up in a fight they weren't built for, and only Treefrog was in big enough chunks to fix."

When you shoot the webbing, the other reploids flounder a bit as if sick, and Dodo accidentally stumbles into one of your legs while carrying a kid with broken legs, though you see the EM field on your web fade quickly. He looks up irritably at you on that.
"Mind giving a little warning next time? Feels like I just took a few slugs from Tanker."
Even your brother looks ill from the effect, but struggles to keep the rubble steady.
"Ghnnn...One job at a time bro, one job at a time."