PDA

View Full Version : Paint...dun dun dun!

Malic
2007-04-24, 04:55 PM
Ok well yeah. I'm planning on starting and OOTS style webcomic and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the basics. I only have basic 2003 programs and NO downloading so that could make it more difficult...Nothing but Ms

I only need 3 things and want one...
1.How to draw people.
2.Background help.
3.Speech bubbles a nightmarish problem...

Want.
1. Where can you make a website where you can upload them. Only he basics. (Like the Legends website)

Brickwall
2007-04-24, 06:05 PM
With MS Paint?

You can't. Period. OoTS style is deceptively hard to draw; even many of the most well-regarded avatar masters here have not quite mastered it. In fact, only a couple have. The rest are just very close. You can look at the programs they use on...some...tutorial...thread...and I forgot where that is.

If you want to do this, save up for a good program. Otherwise, make your own style and go for it! Many people seem to underestimate pioneering a style, and I think you may be one of them.

Mr_Saturn
2007-04-24, 06:44 PM
If you insist on using ms paint. Heres a little guide made by our forum regulars.

Guide to Making Avatars with MS Paint (and Irfanview) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33471)aka drawing peoples.

I remember a speech bubble tutorial, but i forgot where it went...

*slams head on table*

Then you can upload your things on photobucket.com

Dr. Bath
2007-04-25, 01:37 PM
Don't beleive those that say you can't do it with paint. You can get very close to rich's style the only problem is that your comic will be lower quality than if you use a vector program(flash, illustrator etc.)
I did this after about a week of using paint to draw in this style
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/HOBGOB11.png
and it's kinda close considering. The only problem i forsee is that you will need a resizing program of some sort, irfanview is good cause it's free but otherwise old photoshop versions work just fine if you can get it.

Malic
2007-04-25, 05:49 PM
Lol thanks everybody.