PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my Paladin

Rhyltran
2015-06-09, 03:54 PM
So I don't know how to gear a Paladin. I'd appreciate it if you'd give me suggestions for gear slots so what I have in mind so far is..

Longsword - Harmonizing + Holy
Belt - Belt of Magnificence (Definitely not the highest version)
Torso - Vest of Legends
Badge Of Valor - Throat

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3407376

I am running the "A Paladin" Build. The only exception is that I am actually an Elf so I don't have access to the Krau power words. I know this limits the build's potential but a way to raise caster levels would be nice. I was thinking Bead of Karma.

Bracer, Armor, Shield, Rings, head, and shoulders I'm at a loss. Most of the armor guides for Paladins don't talk too much about this.

Keep in mind the campaign is going to end up around level 16 but the expected amount of wealth is going to be around 340,000.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-09, 04:01 PM
I had a similar thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?417363-Itemize-My-Paladin!) a while ago. Not exactly the same, but it could have good ideas for you.

My recommendations would be:
Cloak of Charisma (Shoulders) Gauntlet of Heartfelt Blows (Hands) Ring of Mind Shielding (Ring) Ring of Protection (Ring) Belt of Battle (Waist)
If you ever become a high enough level to take on a quest big enough, you could try and convince your DM to let you have this (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/theraven/magicitem/The_Shield_of_the_Sun.html). Haha.

Snowbluff
2015-06-09, 04:10 PM
Your new name is Crystal Harlem. Your money is my money. :smalltongue:

A wand Chamber loaded with Wraith Strike wand.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-09, 04:11 PM
Your new name is Crystal Harlem. Your money is my money. :smalltongue:
Like I said. Ring of Mind Shielding.

Rhyltran
2015-06-09, 04:29 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. Especially LoyalPaladin and that thread was very useful. The only thing left I need is ideas for a good shield. I am using a longsword so I can equip a shield. I don't think I need animate since I'll actively be using it.

Snowbluff
2015-06-09, 04:31 PM
I usually use 2 shields. One is +5 for AC. The other is Empyreal +5 Buckler for bonus to saves. :smallsmile:

Then get a +1 defending spiked gauntlet. Cast enhancement spell on it (Holy Weapon, Checkmate's Light, Greater Magic Weapon) for more AC.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-09, 04:33 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. Especially LoyalPaladin and that thread was very useful. The only thing left I need is ideas for a good shield. I am using a longsword so I can equip a shield. I don't think I need animate since I'll actively be using it.
Glad to be able to help! I wish you the best of luck defending the faith! Pick up a sturdy shield, but just don't go the tower shield route...

I usually use 2 shields. One is +5 for AC. The other is Empyreal +5 Buckler for bonus to saves. :smallsmile:

Then get a +1 defending spiked gauntlet. Cast enhancement spell on it (Holy Weapon, Checkmate's Light, Greater Magic Weapon) for more AC.
Finally, Snow. Something I can get behind.

Snowbluff
2015-06-09, 04:35 PM
Finally, Snow. Something I can get behind.

"What, you can't get behind this?" :smalltongue:

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-09, 04:41 PM
"What, you can't get behind this?" :smalltongue:
"Yer a unicorn, Imma wolf. It ain't me. It's you."

Rhyltran
2015-06-09, 04:42 PM

This is actually a really good idea. Thank you guys. :)