PDA

View Full Version : GOG giveaway

Grinner
2015-06-09, 04:34 PM
GOG is running a promotion for the next two days. If you log in, scroll down the front page, and look beneath the Highlights section, you'll see an option to claim a free copy of Battle Realms, an RTS.

http://www.gog.com/

Knaight
2015-06-10, 10:52 AM
Snagged. I have no idea what this is, but free is always good.

Domochevsky
2015-06-10, 11:59 AM
Speaking of giveaway: I've got 2 game codes for GOG that I have no use for (both unlocks from me buying other things).

They're for Sim City 2000 (Special Edition) and STALKER: Clear Sky. Anyone want them? :smallsmile:

Grif
2015-06-10, 12:37 PM
If you don't mind, can I have the SimCity 2000 one? :smallsmile:

Grinner
2015-06-10, 01:51 PM
I won't complain if you want to send the STALKER one my way. :smallsmile:

On second thought, nevermind. I'm liable to hit $20 myself by the time the sale's over.

Edit:

That was my exact reaction. :smallwink:

Iruka
2015-06-10, 02:04 PM
Speaking of giveaway: I've got 2 game codes for GOG that I have no use for (both unlocks from me buying other things).

They're for Sim City 2000 (Special Edition) and STALKER: Clear Sky. Anyone want them? :smallsmile:

I have the same keys to offer. =D

Doubly good on this case, since Battle Realms is an excellent game.

Divayth Fyr
2015-06-10, 02:16 PM

I'd be grateful for the Stalker key.

GolemsVoice
2015-06-10, 02:37 PM
I'd take the second STALKER key, if that's allright.

Domochevsky
2015-06-10, 03:14 PM
If you don't mind, can I have the SimCity 2000 one? :smallsmile:

I'd be grateful for the Stalker key.

Done and done. :smallsmile:

Cikomyr
2015-06-10, 03:36 PM
Battle Realm was a China/Japanese-themed RTS based around worker training.

Training was modular. To get advances soldiers, you needed to send them train in various barrack for cross-training. Interesting concepts, but lots of bookeeping and micromanagement.

DemonicAngel
2015-06-10, 10:27 PM
if anybody has anther code he doesnt need for stalker i'd love getting it.

Iruka
2015-06-18, 03:45 AM
What have I done??? I actually spent enough money to get the Xenonauts code ... :smallsigh::smallbiggrin:

I'll keep that one, but SimCity 2000 is still available.

OracleofWuffing
2015-06-18, 04:24 AM
I'll keep that one, but SimCity 2000 is still available.
I'd be up for that.

Triaxx
2015-06-18, 05:04 PM
Xenonauts is the one I really want, but I haven't found enough I want to buy to get it, and I'd end up with STALKER along the way. Meh. (And by what I want to buy, I mean that I don't already have. :D)

Grinner
2015-06-18, 07:32 PM
Xenonauts is the one I really want, but I haven't found enough I want to buy to get it, and I'd end up with STALKER along the way. Meh. (And by what I want to buy, I mean that I don't already have. :D)

Have you considered just buying it? :smalltongue: It would be a lot cheaper that way.

Triaxx
2015-06-19, 08:22 PM
Why? I could get it for free! :smallwink:

Actually I'm still working on a new computer to play this stuff, and now I need a new monitor. Deep breath...

T.G. Oskar
2015-06-20, 01:33 AM
GoG gets to do that every big sale they have, or at least almost every one. I recall snatching Mount & Blade, Witcher 2 and Age of Wonders, IIRC.

Kinda surprised their first free game for this sale was SimCity 2000; it was the first game I ever bought for my computer, but since this one doesn't have a CD-ROM, it's fun to have a digital, no-DRM alternative. Managed to snatch the D&D remakes (BG:EE, BG II:EE and Icewind Dale: EE), plus the complete Ultima set of games and even the seventh and eighth Wizardry games to snatch S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for free (though not that I'm interested in that one, to be honest; might play it in time).