PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Aasimar

m149307
2015-06-09, 10:27 PM
Hi, I'm wondering where to find them, and if they are worth using?

torrasque666
2015-06-09, 10:32 PM
Player's guide to Faerun, and they're cheap as all get out. The Humanoid type is not worth losing 1 LA over it. Yes I know about the weapon proficiencies, and how more spells target Humanoid than Creature. But considering all its ever used for is casters, they can afford a level drop.

MightBeABook
2015-06-09, 10:36 PM
To be a bit more specific, Player's Guide to Faerun has rules for converting all Planetouched (Aasimar, Tiefling, Fey'ri, etc.) into Lesser versions, eliminating the LA in favor of a type change, but leaving most things (crucially the stat changes) untouched. Lesser Planetouched tend to be some of the better LA 0 races, but definitely have competition in the form of Humans, Illumians, Strongheart Halflings, Whisper Gnomes, certain Elf subraces, Water Orcs, and a few others. They're definitely worth using, because baseline Planetouched are almost never worth the LA, but their stat adjustments are out of line with most races.

EDIT: Oh, and technically it eliminates the entire LA of the Planetouched race, allowing for Fey'ri with Greater abilities (ordinarily LA 3, as I recall) at LA 0, but don't expect a DM who notices what you're doing to be cool with that.