PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Monk feat to use Longsword as Monk Weapon?

Iwasforger03
2015-06-09, 10:42 PM
I believe there existed somewhere in the vastness of good old 3.5 a feat to allow the use of a longsword as a monk weapon. Or possibly an enchantment. I don't really know for certain. I'm hoping somebody here knows what the hell I'm talking about and is willing to help.

A link, a book, a name, whatever you can remember. Thanks gents!

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-09, 10:49 PM
Unorthodox Flurry (Dragon Compendium) lets you flurry with any light weapon. All you need to do is pick up a Sun Blade.

Alternately, Shou Disciple (Unapproachable East) lets you flurry with any melee weapon (including greatswords) at level 5.

And for the record, I found that by googling "3.5 longsword flurry", which turned up a GitP thread (from which I got my answer) as the first result.

mabriss lethe
2015-06-09, 11:31 PM
There's a feat in Eberron, I think, that does just that. I can't recall the name, though.

EDIT: The name of the feat is Whirling Steel Strike.

Metahuman1
2015-06-10, 12:00 AM
The thing for Flurrying with a light weapon: Or make the sword Feycraft (DMG 2).

Alternatively, aptitude weapon, a +1 property form Tome Of Battle.

Feint's End
2015-06-10, 05:25 AM
Alternatively ask your dm to just allow it? It isn't really too strong in any imagination of the word and fits the flavour very well. It also makes sense from a historic point of view (I personally also allow spears to be used in a flurry + swords).

Karl Aegis
2015-06-11, 09:38 PM
Sacred Path of Heironeous, Dragon #346, Page 90, as a Monk fighting style's 6th level bonus ability.