PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Adding Tieflings to Kingmaker (Pathfinder ONLY!)

Elricaltovilla
2015-06-10, 09:25 AM
I'm running a Kingmaker game for some friends in real life, with the added twist that all the PCs are Tieflings. You can read about it here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?412824-A-Kingdom-of-Their-Own-A-Trio-of-Tieflings-Play-Kingmaker) if you want. While it's still a bit of a ways off, I'm trying to get stuff together so that when my players get around to building their kingdom, there's plenty of Tielfing characters for them to interact with, as one of the goals is to build a homeland for the Tieflings.

So what I'm looking for are suggestions from other Kingmaker vets for ideas about who I can add to the game or which characters I can convert into Tieflings to make the kingdom really feel like the homeland the Players want. They've just defeated the Thorn River Camp bandits, but at the pace we're going, they could easily complete this part of the AP by the end of the year.

The Characters are:

Akaru- Male Oni-Spawn Tiefling Brutal Slayer Stalker. Strength Based, primarily Scarlet Throne and Veiled Moon.

Ashena- Female Demon-Spawn Tiefling Warsighted Oracle 1, Strength based. Eventually going Warlord and then into Battle Templar.

Skara- Male Tiefling Hawkguard Warder, will likely go Phoenix Champion.

I think I'm going to convert Akiros Isidron (sp?) into a Tiefling, but there aren't many characters left to meet in the AP that can easily be converted. So adding new characters is probably the way to go. I don't need full builds, just suggestions and ideas. Path of War stuff is always welcome, I plan on incorporating it into a lot of the enemies in the future of the campaign.

stack
2015-06-10, 09:42 AM
Not much to add, but a group of refugees seeking settlement as the flee the world wound would be interesting, potentially, especially if you set the time right relative to the events of wrath of the righteous. Could be soldiers that escaped to crusade's counteroffensive, add evil to some/all as needed.

Elricaltovilla
2015-06-10, 09:47 AM
Not much to add, but a group of refugees seeking settlement as the flee the world wound would be interesting, potentially, especially if you set the time right relative to the events of wrath of the righteous. Could be soldiers that escaped to crusade's counteroffensive, add evil to some/all as needed.

Is there some sort of timeline that connects all the APs? I wasn't aware of one, but refugees from the world wound would make sense. The PCs are from Cheliax, which would probably be another good source of Tieflings.

Are there any upcoming characters in the AP that might be good to convert to Tieflings?

stack
2015-06-10, 09:49 AM
I believe there are years that events occur in, though I've never had cause to look at them closely. Obviously you can make them whenever you need to.

Ooh, conflict between cheliax devil tieflings and world-wound demon tielfings!

Seerow
2015-06-10, 09:52 AM
I have a couple NPCs I added into my Kingmaker campaign that may work for your adaptation.

Camsera (Female Sorcerer)
The PCs encounter her in one of the hexes around Area Q (the rickety bridge). She is on foot, ragged, and looks as though she hasn't slept in a week, with torn clothes and cuts all over her. She'll explain to the PC that a wolf pack has been harassing her constantly for some time now, they killed her horse, and now they're hounding her along, not really looking for a kill, but instead just torturing her. Refusing to let her sleep, and coming in at random times to push her onwards.

In my campaign, this is the result of a local wolf pack whose leadership was coopted by a worg and werewolf pair. These two are turning the pack towards needless cruelty, and if the PCs investigate they will find a large number of random animals injured or crippled then left. Camsera is merely their latest and most entertaining target.

Camsera will ask the PCs for help in ending this menace. If the PCs refuse to help (or don't find her within a month of the campaign starting), she goes on her way eventually finding Oleg's, at this point on the brink of sanity, where she offers a reward to anyone who can help her gain vengeance against this pack. If after this the PCs still refuse, the pack will continue to grow, and can be a major problem during the kingdom building phase if they try to expand into that general area.

For your campaign specifically, there's already been a fair bit of wolf activity. That could either mean you wnt to skip this, or it could mean you want to run with it and use it as a post-hoc justification for all of the wolf attacks they've been dealing with.

Gwendolyn (Female Ranger)
Not as involved as Camsera in any of my sidequest opportunities, and seeded in probably a bit too early for you now. But Gwendolyn is a ranger living around the area of the trapped glade. She does trading with Oleg, and in my campaign it was her rather than Pervilash that killed the cruel trapper. The PCs encounter her in the trapped glade, either by spotting her (she hides/shadows the PCs to see what they're up to), or when she reveals herself after they've shown they are not awful people like most everyone else around. She's a useful source of information on locations of various things in the region. She's also friendly with Pervilash/Tygs and can help the PCs make peace with them if they are having trouble

Other major NPCs I added/modified either already showed up earlier (Kesten Garess, Jhod Kaven) or are of specific races (Mikmek the kobold, Swampy Monte the Boggard). Maybe you could also convert Dovon? Though that would mean two tieflings in the stag lord's fort holding high position, which is kind of a stretch.

Actually that makes me think: Maybe a couple of grunt level bandits who are tieflings? The bandit camp is already taken care of, but a random encounter or two, or a second added bandit camp (I added a second bandit camp near the Frog Pond) could give opportunity for seeding in one or two new tiefling NPCs there.

Other than that though, you'll probably have to wait until part 2. Each new part has a bunch of new NPCs, so a lot of room to convert to different races where it feels appropriate.